Jack Frost Nipping At Your Nose

Sineria

POSTED: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:52 am

OOC: Thread prompt: "Winter's truly here, and the Vale will see a lot of snow in the days to come - what might happen if your character used some wood planks to slide down a snowy hill..?" <3 WC: 382

IC: The night before had brought a good foot of fresh snow. The days were staying cold enough that there wasn't much melt happening and so moving about the Vale was a trek through thick drifts of white no matter where you travelled. On this morning, Sedona had finished her rounds at the stables and was headed back towards home, her mind going over the few tasks she wanted to accomplish for the day when the Hawksond's reverie was interrupted by the thud of heavy snow pack falling from an over hanging tree branch not too far ahead of her. "I'd better be more careful." She mused silently, realizing that this winterscape held many more dangers than she gave it credit for.

Dangers, but also hidden wonders. As the cowgirl skirted around the pile of snow, she noticed some abandoned planks of wood that she had left leaned against another large tree nearby the pack's storage shed a few weeks back. Pausing in her trek, the Whitesage woman pulled her cloak tighter about her figure before going to investigate the wood thinking she might go ahead and retrn them to the little out building before they got destroyed. Brushing the snow collected atop the beams and slats, Sedona suddenly got another idea. A memory from back home struck her and with a grin the woman grabbed up two wide, flat boards and hauled them out from under the tree and into the road, moving faster than she had previously, wanting to get back into Winterwynd with her finds and see if perhaps Sineria would be up for a little fun with her.

Making her way through the little quiet town to her home, Sedona called out to the pale furred male as she dragged the boards to the porch, the boards leaving obvious long scrape marks in the snow. "Sineria, hon? Come out here, I got somethin' to show ya!" She said and awaited the appearance of the male from indoors. The two of them had spent yet another cozy night warm by the fire together. It was becoming commonplace between them and it made the cowgirl's days and nights so much more worth it. Excitedly, the woman waited for her partner, leaning against the planks with a wagging tail and bright eyes.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund I Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:40 am

Sineria was inside of the house when he heard Sedona's voice, and his ears perked up as he tidied up some around the place the best he could. "Sedona?" He thought then he made his jogged over to the door and opened it up to the porch, and he again locked eyes with his crush and smiled. Sineria never wore a coat nor any clothes in general but the cold never really bothered him too much due to his own species.

"Sedona!" He barked happily and then he paused and looked beyond her at the two planks of wood she dragged along with her. "U-Uh..." Sineria muttered then he took a quick moment and cleared his throat and spoke up,"W-What’s with th-the uh... planks?"

Sineria was generally curious as he had never been told about any winter activities that would involve planks of wood, or in general. As with his parents' intentions he was raised in a traditional manner as a regular lupus wolf, and it wasn’t until their deaths that Sineria decided to try new things. The poor guy was sheltered heavily too, and many of his fears originated from that as most activities optime wolves performed were a bit... foreign to him. Ultimately he didn’t want to make a fool of himself, and make a situation worse due to his ignorance so he usually played things safe. However today it seemed that he was going to try something new whether he was ready or not.

WC: 263
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:38 pm

OOC: In your next reply you can move things forward by them being at the hill instead of waling all the way there. :) WC: 288

IC: The sight of her companion emerging from her home made the grin upon Sedona's face even wider. Her tail wagged faster as she saw his face bright with happiness at the sight of her and watched as it become uncertain as his dual colored gaze fell upon the large wooden planks behind her. She chuckled noting his worry, plain as day upon his face. It was amusing to the cowgirl how easy Sineria was to read. The poor guy wore in expressions like a beacon. The Hakwesond knew that he wasn't used to all of her more wild brained ideas, nor did he seem very accustomed to other more humanized things she did. But that wasn't anything that stopped her from trying to include him in her life. She hoped that one day that he'd feel more confident trying to new things with her. That he'd feel safe knowing that she was there with him the whole way. "W-What’s with th-the uh... planks?" He asked, his stutter that had become less, she'd observed, in their private times together, strong now in his anxiety about what she had in store.

"Well, they're for sleddin'!" She responded, waving her hand for him to come out and join her. "Come on, I'll show ya! She said enthused and held out one board for him to carry. "We gotta find a nice big hill with snow on it that hasn't been touched by anyone yet." She said, knowing that that task shouldn't be too difficult at this early hour. "I promise, it'll be fun!" The Whitesage woman encouraged, winking and then turning and dragging her own board along behind her, headed for a hill she knew was nearby just outside the town.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Sineria followed Sedona and the two trudged through the snow, and eventually they found a hilltop that had a nice steep slope for sledding. Sineria reached the top and paused then looked at Sedona curiously and asked,"S-So uh... what’s sledding... exactly?" This was only Sineria's third winter, and his first winter without his parents, so he didn’t know of all, or even some, of the fun winter activities optime wolves usually partake in. However he was a tad bit nervous as he took mental guesses in his head at what they were going to do, and the slope seemed rather intimidating all of a sudden as he looked down on it.

"S-Sedona are y-you sure this is s-safe? I-I mean I trust you and everything j-just that well... Sineria paused and twiddled his thumbs nervously for a moment then took a deep breath and tried to swallow his fears. "J-Just tell me what to do, okay?" Sineria exclaimed, although he tried to sound confident his tail was between his legs and he trembled a bit nervously. He wasn’t sure what was going to happen, and it seemed the fear of the unknown was getting to him yet again.

WC: 216
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman

POSTED: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:19 pm

WC: 335

Sineria and Sedona stepped up to the slope of fresh, untouched powdery snow. The hill they had chosen was absolutely perfect for sledding. It had just enough steep grade and slickness that they could get some speed and distance, but at the bottom there was a nice clump of bushes and snow drift that would cushion the landing between the trees. The Whitesage woman grinned at her partner. "Sleddin' is sittin' down on these boards and ridin' it down the hill to the bottom! It's super fun!" She told him and plopped her piece of wood into the snow with a puff of white. Placing one foot on the board she rocked it back and forth through the snow testing the slide factor. The woman was pleased. This was going to be a great ride!

But then Sinieria's voice rose up with uncertainty. His concern about the safety of the activity was amusing to the cowgirl and she wagged her tail, nudging him. "J-Just tell me what to do, okay?" The cowgirl noticed the spike in the male's nervousness as she prepared to face the slope and placed and hand on his shoulder. "I'll go first and show you how it's done. I know yer gonna enjoy it!" She reassured him. "Besides, livin' life on the safe side all the time would be boring. Gotta live it up a little, yeah?" She smiled and then sat down on her plank, placing her paws on it and then, winking at the male she gave a salute. "Watch me fly!" She giggled and then pushed off top of the slope, and let gravity zoom her downwards. As she descended the hill snow flew out behind her, her hat flew off and landed halfway up the slope and she whooped and hollered with glee until tumbling and laughing she crashed haphazardly into the bushes at the base of the hill. "Come on Sineria it's yer turn!" She beckoned, still a laughing lump in the snow and bushes below.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 pm

"Uh... O-Okay!” Sineria barked down to her then he looked to the sled and sat down on it then faced the slope below him. Suddenly the hill seemed to stretch downwards and further out and it seemed like Sineria sat on the top of a mountain. Sineria shivered, but not because of the cold as he stared down at the large slope. Every fiber in Sineria's body urged him to just get off and run, but then he remembered Sedona's words,"Besides, livin' life on the safe side all the time would be boring. Gotta live it up a little, yeah?"

Those words seemed to echo through his mind and he zoned out for a moment as he thought about them, and then he thought of her. What a woman Sedona is to have fallen in love with a gibbering fool like him. But then suddenly Sineria paused as the sled started sliding on the surface of the snow, and he had just passed the point of no return and onto the slope. Sineria’s heart dropped as the sled moved faster and faster, and he screamed,"Oh CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!"

Sineria frantically leaned forward and grabbed onto the front of the sled to hold on, but the shift in weight caused the sled to topple over and him with it. Sineria proceeded to roll down the hill, tumbling about wildly until he flew into a bush, and the plank sled slid down next to him. Sineria was hurt, and he knew it, but something about that experience seemed... thrilling and exciting.

Word count: 269
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman

POSTED: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 pm

WC: 528

Rising from her landing spot amidst the brush, Sedona took a moment to wipe herself down, free of the clinging snow flakes and dust tat had adhered to her fur in her collision with the drifts. Shaking her fur out, the woman plucked a few pieces of twig and leaf litter from her person before glancing around for her hat. Spying it still sitting half way up the sledding hill, she chuckled, grinning and started to head for it, grabbing the end of her sledding plank and hauling it along behind her, ready for a second attempt. Just as she was beginning her ascent back up the hill, Sineria finally gathered his courage and made his turn down the slope.

The cowgirl was careful to make sure she wasn't in his path as she watched him zoom down the first part of the hill with no problem, but as the sled picked up more and more speed, she could see the male begin to panic. "Oh no, Sineria, don't---" She tried to warn him not to lean too far forward or he'd only lose his balance, but it was too late. The white furred male went off course, his sled catching a drift and sending him and it flying and tumbling into the snow and smack into some more bushes and a small sapling pine tree in a chaotic display of screaming, flying limbs, snow and the sof thwump of body hitting firm snow. It didn't look good. Sedona's heart was in her chest as she watched helpless as he crashed.

Sineria! Oh my god, are you okay!? She cried out, running towards the scene of his crash, as fast as she could through the thick snow and finally coming up where she saw him disappear into the drifts. "Hon...Say something, are ya hurt?" She whined and began to gently brush the snow off of him, urging him to speak, to move to do anything to indicate to her he wasn't harmed badly. "I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell ya how to steer!" She whimpered again and stroked his head, tipping his muzzle up to look at her, tears in her eyes. "Baby... Ya scared the bajeezus outta me..." She noticed a gash across his forehead and winced, immediately pulling off her bandana from her neck and beginning to dab at the bleeding wound. "This is my fault. I shouldn'ta rushed ya into this." She frowned, feeling stupid for her lack of foresight. Sineria wasn't accustomed to these things and she couldn't expect him to just be able to pick them up like normal. She had to go slower, take time to truly show him how to do things. She couldn't go all in right from the start. Mentally kicking herself for getting him hurt she vowed to take better care to slow down and properly show him how to join in the activities of her world, rather than springing surprises on him like this. After all, this was only a minor accident. So much worse could have happened if they'd been doing something more dangerous and there wasn't as much snow to cushion his fall.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Sineria touched his forehead and winced in pain as he did then for some stupid reason he smiled at her and started laughing. He wasn’t sure if it was because he accomplished something he didn’t do before or if he was just relieved that he didn’t die. Still the whole experience was thrilling to him, and admittedly he’d love to do it again with her. Sineria eventually sighed and without saying a word he hugged Sedona as blood dripped down his forehead.

"Sedona, that... that..." Sineria cleared his throat then took her hands and looked at her with a smile on his face and barked,"That was awesome!"

Sineria felt his blood pumping through his veins, and in the moment he could barely even feel the pain from his injury. Although the entire experience wasn’t exactly a positive one, Sineria seemed delightful to say the least. He wasn’t sure how hard exactly he hit his head but for some odd reason in this moment he didn’t feel afraid, probably because of the adrenaline rush. He saw the bandanna stained a slightly darker red then it normally was and he the moment he saw that he paused and yelped,"W-Wait, is it really that bad?!" Sineria's brief confidence seemed to diminish a bit upon seeing that, and as some more blood dripped down his face.

Word count: 239
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman

POSTED: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:12 am

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply! WC: 374

IC: In the thrill of sledding and in the moment of the crash and going tumbling the rest of the way down the hill, the plank Sineria had been using had caught the poor guy in the head. Neither Sedona or him had seen the actual incident take place, but it mattered not now that the wound was visibly gushing. The gash wasn't that big, but head injuries were notorious for bleeding like a stuck pick. Dabbing at the wound and trying to keep the red liquid from seeping through the excited male's fur into his eye, the cowgirl smiled and chuckled as he stood and took her paws. "Sedona, that... that...That was awesome!" He hugged her, unfortunately wiping the blood stained bandana against his side in the gesture, his ivory fur no match for the bright color.

Sedona was happy he had enjoyed himself despite his bad ending. "I am glad ya had fun, hon, now hold still so I can take care of ya, silly!" She chuckled and pulled him in closer to her by the arm, grinning, eyes bright, tail wagging. She gave no indication of severe worry, but as per usual, noticing the amount of blood already soaked into her crimson bandana, his enthusiasm turned to anxiety. "W-Wait, is it really that bad?!" He asked and Sedona shook her head. "It's gonna bleed for a bit, but ultimately you're gonna live, Sin." She told him with a playful wink and dabbed away the last of the drips upon his face and then held pressure to the wound. "Hold that there until we can get ya properly patched up at my place. We'll have t'save more sledding for another time." She chuckled and then found herself looking into his bi colored eyes with a fondness she rarely shred with anybody but him. "Next time, we'll go down together... How about that?"" She suggested, voice softer, more breathy this time, affection clear in her tone. She really liked him and was happy to be able to hare so many parts of her life with him. She hoped that the experiences she got to share with him were helping him to grow more comfortable with the world around him and with being with her.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy

POSTED: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:20 am

Sineria nodded to Sedona and blushed then replied,"S-Sure!" His tail wagged happily, despite how the first attempt went for him earlier. Then for a moment his blush grew a bit deeper and he muttered under his breath,"I-I'd... l-love to..." He had almost gotten lost in her eyes again when a drop of blood dropped down over his eyelid and he closed it just in time and wiped it away. He put more pressure on the area and said,"O-Oh uh... w-we should g-get going sh-shouldn’t we?"

Sineria still smiled while he was in pain for reassurance as he felt thankful, even honored to be treated like this by her. Sineria liked her and every aspect about her personality, and he finally started to see why other people always took risks. Some risks of course could cost someone their own life, but they were a thrill. Maybe Sineria would be a bit more open to try new things like this, well... maybe if it was just with her for the time being, for safety. Still something about her was enchanting to him and he didn’t know if he should just flat out say it right now or not so he remained silent and allowed Sedona to be his guide back.

"I will repay you for this Sedona, I promise with all my heart," Sineria thought to himself as he allowed her to take him off to get patched up.

Word count: 258
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman

Dead Topics