But the deed is done

For Renaryn

POSTED: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:50 pm

The fire I began, is burning me alive
But I'm no stranger to the heartache and the pain

OOC: Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +300 words.

Metal was not always going to be in stock, especially when there wasn't much of a need for it. Being the blacksmith, though not officially yet, but even so, it would be his task to make sure the items he was using for his craft would be stocked. Of course, he could ask the other members to keep their eyes open for some that he would either be able to trade for or use, but that too would require payment to the person he was asking the favor of. If he was going to go that route, he would have to do much more planning than something more spur of the moment.

It was going to be a bit of a small trip, but something that shouldn't take him more than a day or two. Metal wasn't too terribly hard to find in pieces, and with the help of his skills, could be welded back together to make something new. It would just be a matter of gathering the items. Hands reached over for a small bag before his head turned to his feline companion. It had been a bit hard for Asmund to catch anything in the winter time, so much like with Soot's care, it would be his own to care for the cat.

Stopping by the pack's storage goods, he took a small amount of fowl meat, bringing it back home to prepare in chunks for his companion before leaving. So long as he wasn't gone for too long, there shouldn't be a problem.

Feet crunched in the fresh snow as he made his way towards the borders, stepping just over the fresh scents. It made sense to make sure the borders were not only checked, but their trail was marked along their territory to make sure that no one would trespass or mistakingly pass over their borders because of old scents. Pressing on, his ears turned to the sound of something in the distance. He had his plan set out, but there was no reason he couldn't stop and see what was going on. He had to make sure he wasn't walking into anything dangerous. Hand instinctively moved to his side as he stalked closer, watching to see what it was.

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:45 pm

OOC: Small request. Could you please use a table with bigger/different font? ^^; The smaller font makes it harder for me to read your posts and sorta hurts my eyes. I appreciate it! <3 Renaryn is in Secui form. WC: 477

IC: Panting hard and growling low in her chest, the large, hunched, white streak of fur and hunger sent sprays of snow as she switched direction as swiftly and deftly as she could, chasing down her prey: a small doe that had gotten separated from its herd. This was the first real opportunity for a meal that Renaryn had gotten in weeks. She was ravenous and ready to put all the effort she could into taking down the flighty cervine. Oversize paws and long claws digging into the snow drifts and hard frozen earth beneath, the witch woman covered ground, gaining traction in the otherwise quiet, snow blanketed landscape. She was aware that she was nearby a pack's borders, the pungent scent of markers was unmistakable, all she could do was try her best to steer her prey away from them.

The doe was tiring, and the large white female was gaining on it. She could almost taste the warm, hot flesh of the meal she would soon have. Just then the panicked animal took a sudden veer to the right and straight for the border to the neighboring packlands. "Damn you, NO!" She gnashed her teeth together as she skidded in the snow, used the base of a tree to bounce off of and switch direction in one motion and put on one last burst of speed, her tail fagged out behind her, silently wishing for the the doe to trip up and stumble, but knowing the sudden change in direction had cost her dearly.

Much to her dismay, coming into view up ahead was the figure of another luperci. Narrowing her golden eyes at him, she watched at the deer literally fled right passed him, dart in the opposite direction and out of site into the trees and deeper into the pack territory. Huffing with frustration, the woman slowled to a trot and then to a halt, standing many yards away from the border, lowering her head and splaying her ears, panting visibly and giving a defeated whine. There was no way she would not respect the boundaries laid out by a pack. And especially not while being watched. The large loner was obviously suffering from the harsh winter though and missing her meal would mean more hardship ahead. Her frame was thinner than was healthy for a woman her size. She looked tired, even more so than just from the exertion of her hunt. Her usually sleek, shining fur was duller and slightly messy. Chuckling dryly, after finally catching her breath she acknowledged the male at the borders. "Guess luck is not on my side today..." She called, before slowly approaching. "What pack is this, might I ask?" She inquired, looking around, still breathing heavily but regaining her composure steadily. Despite herself, her forelimbs shook, betraying her poor condition even further. Goddesses was she hungry...
[center]Image

POSTED: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 am

(400)

Is this table better for reading?

The dark male was slow in his approach, though he kept his ears open to what was happening around him. he could hear the faced paced movement ahead of him, only for half of it to slowly be halted. By the time the animal the woman was chasing had already turned towards the border, he had already been making his way towards the sound of her frustrated call. How annoying it was... to be chasing after something only for it to either make it to some unreachable point, or cross over into another pack's territory. Guess in that regard it was a benefit to be inside of a pack, chasing something within and if it ran over the borders, then it just ran into neutral territory.

Light blue gaze moved on the doe as it passed right by him, sinking into the Court's territory. Turning his eyes off the prey, they moved to the white woman, golden eyes piercing up at him as he stilled his approach. In the form she was in, it wasn't hard to see the struggle she was having with getting a meal. Loners really did have it harder on themselves if they were living alone.

Hibiki's ears pulled back slightly to the tone of her voice. It was dry, the frustration she had just felt present in her statement and question. Even so, he was not about to leave her without an answer, "These are the borders of Cour des Miracles. Have you heard of them before?" He went silent, waiting patiently for her answer.

In the meantime, the dark male thought on her situation. Winter was hard on all of them, but more so than others. Head turned over his shoulder only for a moment to try and catch the scent of the doe she had been chasing in the air. It wasn't hard to tell that the animal was tired, and if she wanted to get her fill, and whiling to offer his assistance, he had to move fast before it regained it's strength. In this regard, his gaze fell back on the white woman, "Would you like some help with hunting? It would be easier to make a kill with two of us."

And having a member of this pack assisting meant the prey couldn't just safely pass over the borders.

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 pm

OOC: Yes, much! Thank you! ^^ WC: 429

IC: It was times like these when a loner really could start to think about the protections and other benefits of being part of a pack. There was safety in numbers, comradery in a family, plenty to do for the betterment of the whole, and of course plenty of food. Renaryn was having fleeting thoughts now as she got a nose full of the pack's strong combined scent as she drew near. The ivory pelted wolfess regained her breathe from her exertion and slowly padded up closer to the stranger at the border. Her normally hulking form, less bulky and intimidating in her winter weakened state, was still large and came at least up to the standing man's waist. Keeping her posture neutral, she sighed and looked up at him, noting his clothing, the pack he carried and the general demeanor of the male.

He seemed well off here in these lands. She wondered how long this pack had occupied these forests. "These are the borders of Cour des Miracles. Have you heard of them before?" The male answered her previous question and then returned one. Ren shook her head slowly. "Only ever once, but that was in passing. I'm afraid I know very little; only that you are supposed to be a kingdom?" She asked, curiosity peaked. She'd never really taken the time to follow up on the rumors she'd heard from others about the local packs, but in times like this she never squandered the chance to learn more.

It was then that the male offered her a chance she never thought she'd get. "Would you like some help with hunting? It would be easier to make a kill with two of us." He offered and the woman's eyes brightened. Her tail wagged and ears perked. "Oh that would be so so greatly appreciated sir. I haven't had in a meal in...it's been too long." She admitted, looking down a bit embarassed at her bedraggled appearance and grimacing. "I hope that I'm not imposing. Renaryn was glad fortune favored her now to find a willing hunting partner. She didn't think anyone from a pack would want to help someone from the outside like this, but hey, there apparently were some rare gems of people in the world. The white wolfess smiled. "By the way, my name's Renaryn. It's a pleasure to meet you." She said sincerely with a wag of her tail, but dug her claws eagerly into the earth, her stomach giving a low hungry growl as if to emphasize that they should be on the move.
[center]Image

POSTED: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm

(+300)

I'm glad this one works for you. I'll keep using this one.

Hibiki wasn't sure if he was the best when it came to represent members of the Court or even the pack as a whole. He had joined fairly recently, at least compared to many other members who had been living here for far longer than him. Even so, considering that amount of time, he had done fairly well for himself. He knew enough to hand over some small pieces of information about the Court and it's principles. That should be alright with those back home. After all, if this was someone interested in the place, should it not be on them to let others know what they were about?

He gave a small pause to consider the woman's words, giving a small nod afterwards, "I suppose you could say that. We're a pack that has a hierarchy of nobility." Would that make them a kingdom? He couldn't really say for sure.

The dark male had no problem taking a short break before he was on his way out to do his task. It wasn't like he was in any hurry and the metal scraps would not be going anywhere. He wasn't sure why anyone but a blacksmith would want them in the first place. He gave her another smile before setting his bag down, "I don't mind at all. Just give me a moment."

Shifting was quite a process, but he didn't feel comfortable hunting in any other way. He had caught onto the woman's name as she offered it to him, but waited until he was finished before giving her a response. This was something he needed to keep his focus on. The tattered clothing seemed to just fall off his body as he stepped out into his natural form, leaving them both by his bag, "It's nice to meet you Renaryn. I'm Hibiki. Do you want me to go back into the Court to try and find that doe or would you rather look for something else?"

He was fine with whatever option she would choose, but it didn't hurt to give more than one option for this.

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 pm

WC: 448

The witchy woman was not used to inquiring about other packs. She just didn't know the right questions to ask. She had been born into the coven that she'd grown up in. Everyone had accepted her and raised her and taught her everything she now knew as an adult on her own. She was inclined to the occult and the magical, not as much the practical arts. Renaryn had gained a spiritual connection from a young age and ever since then had never stopped following the pagan path. She didn't think a pack would really accept her ways, unless they were accepting of witchcraft and crafts unknown.

"I suppose you could say that. We're a pack that has a hierarchy of nobility." Ren nodded and swished her tail. It sounded like Cour de Miracles was probably a little more high class than what she sought. The woman wasn't looking to be pampered, only to be accepted for her weird ways. Seeing as she'd only just met the male, the wolfess held back the information that she was a witch. These days, spreading that particular information right off the bat often changed the way she was looked at and treated by others. Renaryn was learning more and more to keep her lips shut tight about that bit of her life. "Interesting. Sounds like you all live well." She smiled, dipping her head in acknowledgment.

Her stomach gurgled again in it's hungry state and the woman splayed her ears back in annoyance. Yes yes they would be getting going shortly. She stepped back to allow the male room to shift. She watched him respectfully before re-greeting him now on her level on four legs with a flick of the ears and a chuff. "It's nice to meet you Renaryn. I'm Hibiki." Renaryn wagged her tail as she gained the male's name. "Do you want me to go back into the Court to try and find that doe or would you rather look for something else?" The white wolfess took a moment to think. The longer they took to decide on the course of action the farther away the deer would be able to get from the two of them. "Do you think our luck would favor the deer I'd been after? Finding something new could take much much longer." She suggested. "It's up to you as this is your pack's territory." She shook out her pelt, looking up as she realized a fresh sprinkling of snow was beginning to fall. "Either way, we should get going, we're gonna lose tracks in this." She gestured to the fresh falling flakes, blinking her golden eyes as they fell into her eye lashes.
[center]Image

POSTED: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:36 pm

(+400)

OOC text

Hibiki wasn't really sure how to describe the Court without sounding like this was a place for more that were privilaged more than a place that was accepting of anyone. Considering that many members of Sapient, a pack that was known for some underhanded tactics due to Nivosus and drank on... pretty much a regular basis, why should someone else that might have been 'different' be denied the chance to join hem? He wasn't aware of anyone the Court might reject...

Except maybe his father. Like hell he would allow Kalypso to allow such a man into this pack's life after what he was like back in Sapient.

For the woman to comment on how he looked like he was living well seemed a bit obvious. Of course in this time of the year a member of a pack was probably going to look far better off than someone that was living alone. Never the less, he did not convey that thought to her. He instead dipped his head back to her, "I thank you. Have you thought about joining a pack? It would help in the long run for colder times like these."

Shifting was... annoying to say the least. It took time, making him wish in this moment that he would be able to hunt something with a weapon. Sadly, he would never be able to get close enough with his knife, so better to use that for when they were skinning the prey they could catch and cutting up the meat from the bones. When the change was done, both pondered on what their next move should be in this hunt they were now joining on. It seemed to make much more sense for him to go looking back inside of the court's borders for her missing catch.

One dark paw lifted as he pointed out to the snow covered land, "Go find a place to hide. I'll go back into the court and drive the dear back out. I should be able to follow where it was running from the tracks in the snow. When it comes back out here, you can ambush it."

It was a solid plan, and should she agree on it, he padded back across the borders, eyes locked on the prints in the snow as he began to follow it, gathering whatever smell he could inside of his nose.

Hibiki

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

Dead Topics