Re: More arrows to shoot

Dalia <3

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:54 am

Malfoy's ears went back "You are my only friend" he had not really talked much with anyone else inside the pack. He barely ever left his home except to train, and sometimes to go to the old human town. "I am sorry we haven't talked, I am just used to....being by myself I guess" his frown deepened. "I really like training with you....if you don't want to you could just say so" now he felt like he had inconvenienced her somehow. There weren't very many things he enjoyed to do he realized, but that didn't mean he wanted her to feel bored or like she had to do something like train with him each time. "....this was a mistake....I should have just asked you to hang out, shouldn't I?"

Setting aside the arrows he looked to the ground "I'm sorry Dalia, I just was excited about training, and I didn't consider that you may not really want to." It was selfish and shameful, the way he had treated his only real friend. Even if he was more secluded than others when it came to interaction, he should know better. He should BE better than this, just as a whole. Sighing he picked up his bow "We can do something else, anything you want to." Hopefully she would forgive him for his misstep, but he truly wasn't used to having others want to be around him like Dalia did.

250 words
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Dalia’s eyes widened and she hugged Malfoy tightly and said,"Mal no, it’s not your fault for being you." Dalia broke the hug but kept hold on his shoulders as she backed up, and looked him dead in the eyes. "Mal, if training makes you happy then by god we’re gonna train until you’re the best darn archer I’ve ever seen!" She barked and Red stepped back as Dalia did this as determination flared up in Dalia’s eyes.

"Mal I didn’t go through the trouble of setting all of this just so you can throw it all away for me!" Dalia growled then she paused and muttered under her breath,"Although I appreciate the gesture, and concern..."

She then looked at the arrows they made and said,"We got enough for another round's worth of shooting, so get to it! Afterwards, if you want to we’ll spend the day together." Dalia then took a nice deep breath and sighed calming down a bit and smiled at Malfoy and said,"It would be nice to catch up after all, you know?" Dalia’s sudden outburst made her blush a bit and she felt a bit awkward now as she laughed, maybe she was still a bit crazy from all of that time as a loner.

Word count: 235
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Malfoy gave a small smile as she worked to assure them that them training was fine with her. It was nice to know that training with the bow was all right, though he still felt a little guilty about taking up her time with it. He gathered the arrows and got ready for another round "Thanks Dalia, and yes we can catch up as well" not that he had much to tell. His life had been pretty routine since they had last met. The grey wolf dog had barely even left the warmth of his hearth all winter. Stretching he tested his bow again, then ran and shot at the targets. After about four more tries and some broken arrows he was panting and ready for another short break. Normally he would be in better condition, but he had become lazy with the cold weather.

Picking up the last of the arrows he looked to Dalia "What did you want to talk about?" he wasn't really sure what to catch up on first. So the least he could do is ask her and let her talk first. After all, she was his friend and had likely been a lot more active than he had been. As he waited for her reply, he started mending the arrows and making even more new ones. He wanted to make sure she had a nice supply after they were done with this training. They were her arrows after all, and helping her restock was the least he could do in return for her lessons.

261 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm

(OOC: There’s threads like this that make me wish our characters weren’t gay so we could ship them.)

"W-Well, I don’t know hun, I mean... stuff like just in general about you like what you like, how you grew up, and well... just casually I guess." Dalia exclaimed with a smile as her tail wagged happily. She was definitely eager to learn more about Malfoy now that they’ve become good friends, and just how many family members were in the pack in general. Of course if he wasn’t comfortable she would understand, she definitely has been in a few... interesting moments down in Inferni before the pack was no more, not that she’d know of course.

Dalia then barked happily and put an arm around Malfoy’s shoulder with a smile and a wagging tail. "If you just want we can get a bit more casual, we’re both friends after all hun, when we got nobody else we got each other right?" She barked as Red ran up to the two of them and barked once and whined for attention as soon as Dalia finished her sentence.

"Aw, what is it now you little bugger? Can’t a girl and a guy hang out without you always being so childish?" Dalia laughed then Red ran up and nuzzled Dalia’s leg and brushed her tail up against her. The tiny vixen then turned and looked up at Malfoy and just stared at him for a moment and tilted her head as if she expected him to do something for her. Then again, Red was always the kind of pet that needed constant attention to be satisfied.

Word count: 270

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm

"My childhood?" he thought about it "I was raised with my siblings, and eventually we learned our mother was paid to have us" he started to pick at a arrow tip "Each of us left at different times, and we all ended up here, in Mistfell." he didn't have a very interesting life, and he knew that. "I like using weapons, and training with them, and learning about new ones." he reached out and pet Red lightly, smiling at the small vixen. "My life is pretty boring, ever since coming here, you are the only friend I have made." he frowned "I do like talking to you and being around you." he looked to her, and wondered if he should say what he had just thought of. Dalia might laugh at it...but it was really how he felt.

"You know...if I we weren't both gay...I think we would make a good couple. We balance each other out pretty good" he felt his cheeks grow warm and he looked back to Red. "Plus I am very comfortable with you in comparison to other people." he sighed and felt that maybe he had said too much now. Even with knowing that Dalia might not take him seriously, he had only meant to convey how he really felt about his friend. It was true that if he wasn't looking for a man, that the female would likely be exactly his type. Now that it was out, he could only hope that she didn't get angry at him for saying such a thing.

266 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Dalia listened to him and nodded as she heard his explanation,"I see... I’m... sorry about that actually, just the whole situation with you, your siblings and your mother that is... that sounds a bit... messed up." Dalia definitely thought something like that was disturbing, it’s one thing to be a surrogate but another to just outright get paid to give birth to your own kids by someone. Dalia wanted to learn more about that, but she wasn’t too sure how far she should dig into the hole of Malfoy’s life, so she decided to just tell her own tale.

"Well... as a kid I was reckless, and heck I still am, but back then I was worse. I lived in a small village and once I learned how to shoot it all sort of crumbled apart..." Dalia exclaimed and crossed her arms. "As you can imagine little idiot me loved shooting, setting up snares and all of that. The boys around almost teased me so I’d set up snares and have them get all caught up in my traps as revenge and let them back down. However one day I... I was out and a couple days after I became an adult I accidentally shot someone in the shower with my bow, and considering my uh... background the village elder decided to banish me, and soon after my parents disowned me..."

Dalia took a deep breath and sighed as she recalled her tale then went on,"I lived an entire year of my life alone in the woods, and I trained myself using my own methods to gain skills in archery. Then I ended up joining Inferni and... well you know the rest... met a cute girl who died and quit only to end up here now." Dalia chuckled a bit as she said this and she frowned and scratched her arm slowly as a look of guilt came across her face,"I... have regrets, okay?"

Word count: 342

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:39 pm

Malfoy shrugged as Daliasaid she was sorry about his mother. In all honesty he hadn't really known her, and had been mostly around his dad. Then her story unfolded from her mouth, and all he could do was stare at her as he listened. Well, at least she wasn't mad at him for what else he had said, since she hadn't mentioned it at all. "I am sorry that happened Dalia. Do you ever miss your old home?" he didn't miss his, but that didn't mean much. Back there was only his father, who he no longer wanted to see or interact with. It was perfectly fine if she didn't miss anything of course. It was a question out of pure curiosity. "...do you like it here in the Vale?" that was a more serious question, more to see if she was happy or not.

Dalia being happy was important to him, since she was indeed his friend. That and he knew what it was like to stay in a place that made you unhappy. He himself had done such a thing, and was glad to have come here. Now he had one good friend, and his siblings nearby. It was a peaceful pack, and he could train to his hearts content and stay within the borders. A perfect place for one such as he to live, but that didn't mean it was perfect for everyone. Then again, he supposed that was why more than one pack existed out in these lands. For those who wanted something specific, there was a home for them. If this wasn't her home...well, he may be the one to tell her to leave despite how close they had grown.

294 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

"Well of course I miss some parts of my old home, but this place is certainly far better by comparison." Dalia said then she looked to Malfoy and said,"I’m fine, really, it’s just that I’d rather forget the past sometimes, you know? That year in the wilderness as a loner, well, just call it me trying to find a place to belong is all." Dalia gave Malfoy a reassuring smile and a small hug as she continued to make arrow after arrow.

"You, see why I acted out as strongly as I did when I... you know." Dalia opened her scarred hand and showed it to Malfoy once more, the "A" mark that would forever be a reminder to her of one she loved and lost. She stopped her work to look at it and sighed,"This almost seems pointless now though, especially considering Aliyah is kind of attached to me now."

She then looked back up at Malfoy and said,"But enough about feeling sorry about me, and worrying about nothing." She then stood up and looked off towards the targets and then back down to Malfoy and said,"You wanna do it again, or take a break? Either or is fine by me, whatever makes you happy hun." Dalia gave Malfoy a small smile, although she seemed clearly shuttered by what she just recalled and told him.

Word count: 245

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Malfoy found himself relaxing as she made it more clear that she liked the Vale and would likely be sticking around for a long time. Smiling he nodded to show he understood when she showed him her scar again. Then he felt the smile fade, and he got up with his arrows. "Yes...I suppose this is the only thing we can do" he rather felt like he had failed in the conversing part of things. Scratching his cheek he wondered what else they could talk about, and wished that he was better at this type of thing. "I am sorry Dalia, I am not used to talking so much. Please, feel free to talk about what you would like to" he simply pulled his bow string back, exercising his arm and getting used to the motion more. This too could be considered practice since he wasn't completely familiar with the weapon yet.

Looking to Dalia as he stretched out the string, he felt she had a far more interesting history than he did. She was a lot more experienced than he was as well, which really added a small gap between them. Yet, despite that gap he felt they got along fine. Shaking his head he wondered if she viewed him as being too young and ignorant at times. Perhaps he should learn even more, and strive to not seem stupid to others he might meet, but at the same time he knew he couldn't know everything. Trying to clear his mind he wondered why it always wandered around like that in thought. It was not like what was happening was not interesting, but his thoughts always seemed to go elsewhere no matter the situation. Sighing, he sat back down again.

294 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:22 pm

"Well..." Dalia paused and asked,"Have you met anyone else special aside from that guy you told me about that one time?" She knew it was extremely unlikely for a guy like him, especially considering that she was his only friend in his eyes. It was a rather sad thought that she was his only friend in life, and Dalia really wanted to see if she could fix that despite how he was. Maybe she’d meet someone in the pack and arrange a small meeting between them? It certainly wouldn’t be the worst of ideas considering how he was, but maybe she should just tell him straight up and find someone for him to have an honest conversation with Besides her.

"Hey... Mal... uh..." Dalia paused and thought twice before she spoke and cleared her throat in the process. "Look, Mal I think you should be open with people a little bit more, and I’m not talking about me." She was a bit nervous while she mentioned this as she wasn’t quite sure how he would react, so she tried to put it as best she could in order to not discourage or anger him. "It’s just... I feel like you should be more sociable with others, and make more friends," She exclaimed,"...I worry about you because of this well... because being alone is definitely not healthy, I know from experience."

Word count: 249

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

Mistfell Vale