[MV] Something's in the dark...

POSTED: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Something's in the dark...

What's This?

January is here! It's the coldest - and sometimes the darkest - time of the year. Normally, this is the time to bunker up with friends and family and indulge in food by a warm fireside, enjoying the happiness of pack life. This January in Mistfell Vale, however, there's something strange in the dark that isn't supposed to be there...

How Will This Work?

This is an episodic plot - that means that as the month goes on, more and more about it will be revealed in this thread... so keep an eye on it! ;)

All we know now is that there is something strange and mysterious lurking in the pack's territory, and along with it comes some mysterious events that can't be explained... Mistwalkers might experience:

• A tall, dark figure. There is a tall, shadowy, vaguely Luperci-shaped figure that can be seen around the woods at night, sometimes with a cloak, and sometimes with what seem to be antlers... but before you can get too close, it vanishes.
  • The smell and sight of rotten flesh. Occasionally, one can smell a disgusting, sickly sweet smell of rotten flesh and viscera. If you are unlucky, you might catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of your eye.
  • Strange whispers. In a lilted, unearthly voice, one may hear whispers and whines, nonsensical, crazed.
  • Hunger. Mistwalkers may experience a "sense" of severe hunger that vanishes quickly after leaving the immediate area.
  • Cold. Even when inside, Mistwalkers may experience sudden chills that have nothing to do with the weather...

Feel free to have your character reference or experience any of these occurrences in threads around the pack and theorize about what is going on. There might be a prize for whoever participates in the most plot threads at the end of the plot!

Timeline

This is the timeline for the plot - but not all of the events have happened yet! This timeline will be updated with plot-important threads and interesting plot-related threads that crop up around Mistfell Vale.

1. 01/07/19: Felix and Evelyn spot something strange in the woods, and experience some unusual phenomena.
  2. 01/13/19: Sedona sees, smells, and hears frightening things while in the stables.
Mistfell Vale
OOC Account
Sunny & Vida

POSTED: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 am

A Frightening Development

By now, many of the pack have seen some manner of illusion, whether by smell, sight, or sound... mutterings are starting to spread, although they've not yet been stoked to a full panic. That may be liable to change in the upcoming days, however...

What's Happening?

Two characters in the next few days will experience a sudden change for up to half an hour - they'll lose control of their own bodies entirely and do and say things that are entirely unlike them. These actions might be small yet strange - like muttering about being hungry, or staring at packmates unnervingly - or they may be more unsettling, like trying to attack a packmate, or babbling nonsense in the middle of town.

It's up to the players of each character to decide what their character does under the influence of this mysterious presence. Each thread will need to be AW+, and will be stickied in the Mistfell Vale forum. These threads are first come first serve!

If you'd like your character to become possessed, please reply to this thread with your character's name and which date you'd like. It will be then your responsibility to start the thread - remember to make it AW+! :) Upon signing up, you'll be PMed with more information; this possession may leave your character with some more insight about what's going on in the Vale...

• 01/21/19 Possession: Zuri Acidic-Trombetta
  • 01/23/19 Possession: Posey Prior
Mistfell Vale
OOC Account
Sunny & Vida

POSTED: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 am

I'd like to claim Zuri to be the one possessed on the 20th. Can actually work with some of the stuff I have started for the spook event.
Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 am

Posey for the 18th please!
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:21 am

A Horrifying Escalation

The past two weeks have seen two terrible possessions of beloved pack members, Zuri and Posey. It is clear that the situation

What We Know

Now, it has become more clear that this is not some alien entity, but the ghost of a Luperci who has long since passed. Themes have been cropping up in the events surrounding this ghost as well as the thoughts and experiences of those who were possessed. Hunger, cold - the visions of dying wolves and a thinning pack, and the insatiable urge to eat have come to light.

Unable to ignore the events any longer, the pack meets, and the mystery is revealed - Dark Waters, the ghost tormenting Mistfell Vale for the past few weeks, once lived on the very land that the Vale did. A pack, established many, many years ago had called the Vale's land its home, and it was full of joy and laughter before a devastating famine overtook the pack and ended its reign. And Dark Waters's hunger lead him to commit evil acts to survive...

His efforts could not save him, and he perished along with the rest of his pack. However, he remained as a ghost that grew weaker over time due to forgetting his pack and the events that occurred. However, Mistfell Vale's laughter and love reminded him of his old pack - and on the anniversary of his own death was when he truly awoke once again, this time to end things for good.

The Remaining Timeline

If you would like your character to be the one to find Dark Waters's remains, please post in this thread and you will be PMed details on where the body is located and in what state. You may have any thread partners you like. This is first-come-first serve. Claimed by Salena with Zuri!

Prizes

For your wonderful participation (and wonderful patience <3 !), we will be giving out prizes to everyone who participated in this plot, and some extras for those who participated the most! Hooray! Post links to the plot-related threads you have participated in in this thread. Prizes will be awarded on 03/15/2019 to allow for search threads. Keep an eye out!

Mistfell Vale
OOC Account
Sunny & Vida

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am

Threads:

I'd also like to offer for Zuri to find the body. I can make it an AW+ thread so anyone can join along with her.
Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:47 pm

I'll also most likely participate in the body finding thread once Salena gets it up :3
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Mate to Zuri Negotiator I

POSTED: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:35 pm

I don't know how to do the fancy link thing sorry

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=41712 -Zuri possesion
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41863 -Sighting with Cottengrass
viewtopic.php?f=139&t=42268&p=325088#p325088 -pack thread
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci Weapons Master I MV Top Poster!

POSTED: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 pm

like fire, like air
They say he killed his wife at first
[M] The shadows on my wall don't sleep

Pack thread and search thread and find thread, woo! The search thread is AW+, so anyone can hop in.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Alexander

Pack News