[M] punishment

kalypso

POSTED: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:34 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

(---)

Biffs Bar, some time before the 12th Jan #superrusty n.n

The beer was disappointingly weak. Perhaps the results of a poor harvest or a substandard brewer, but it tasted a little like hoppy water and made swallowing hard. Ruari managed it anyway, shooting the rangy dog beside him a subtle grimace. He knew Gille's tastes ran to a stronger poison and the Ahearne male would likely hear all about it later. It was free though and the travelling pair were never likely to look a gift horse in the mouth. The bar was dinky but well kept, not packed as some of the dives in Portland tended to be. There was space enough to stretch and move without the worry of stepping on toes. Then again, there were some toes worth stepping on. Sage green eyes flickered constantly around the room, alert to his immediate surroundings.

"Game'a dar's boy?" Gille's gruff voice pierced his idle daydreaming and the man looked up with a cock-sure grin. Any competition was good competition in Ruari's book. A snort of acceptance preceded the dark hybrid's heave off the barstool as he picked up a trio of long thin darts of metal and took his place. "Ya gunna keep callin' me boy, ol' man?" He queried, glancing across as the speckled dog joined him. It was hard not to notice the stump where his left hand would have been, the ragged edges of a trap-wound long healed. Gille's fur was unlikely to ever grow back over the end and the pink flesh still gave Ruari the willies.

It took no time at all for the friends to have built up a rowdy competition with one another, ribbing and gibing each other as they both tried to make daring attempts at the bullseye. The gamboled like puppies at times, jostling and wrestling each other as they continued to drink the weak beer. Ruari was convinced that he'd come out on top, Gille refused this vehemently. It was another night in another bar with the dog he'd rescued from the trap that had taken his hand. The opening of the door behind him didn't register as something worth noting until a sweet scent tickled his nostrils and the dark male turned in order to locate the owner of such a teasing perfume.

POSTED: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Kalypso had a party to plan, and this was just one of her stops to give out the invitations. Was it, perhaps, the long way around? Absolute, but she justified a stop at the bar as a good reason to take far longer to make it around to the pack left on the other side of the newly formed lake. Salt lake, but a lake nonetheless. There had to be a better name for it, but she did not quite have the vocabulary to identify a body of water that was not the sea, ocean, lake, or pond. It had once been sea, but no longer was, so it was not really quite a lake, either.

Pointless thoughts. She pushed open the door to the bar, realizing she reeked to high heaven after a stranger in the wilds accidentally spilled rosewater all over her by accident. The woman was strange and vaguely reminded her of the lantern lady who had stumbled upon her ages past when Sapient still had borders north of there. She certainly got a horribly whiff of alcohol off the woman, but the smell upon her was decidedly much better than dousing herself with a bowl of ale.

She pulled her wrist to her nose, sniffing the scent that lingered on her hands and tisked that the smell was still rather bluntly hanging about her like an annoying aunt at a party. Kalypso pulled a face as she eyed the room. A couple of folk were looking at her, including the man at the bar. Not including the only man she particularly wanted to have stare at her was a darker fellow, who looked like she might have known him but likely did not.

Her brow raised. Is it that bad? she asked pointedly, standing in front of the now closed doorway with a hip jutting out and a hand firmly resting on it.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:00 am

(---)

<3 didn't see your reply sooner, sorry!

Sage eyes - not in the wise-old-man sense, just a note on the colour as they bugged out of his head - travelled at a leisurely pace from soft wavey curls, past stormy-ocean-blue eyes and down a slender body to a jutted hip, a hand placed firmly there. A sassy one then. It took a few moments for his brain to catch up with his body, but sharp black ears pricked finally and he had the audacity to remain staring. Despite being caught out - the obvious conclusion to her question was that she'd caught him staring and figured she smelled bad (typical female) - he had no intentions of backing down and felt a slow smirk curve over his lips. His body, which had been half turned towards the door, followed suit and turned to face the lady, head cocked slightly to the side as if examining a particularly fine specimen.

"I cannae tell from over there lass." He offered with a shrug, a wicked look in his eye none the less. "Why don'a buy ya a drink and I can tell'ya if it's still bad from over here?" He dove straight in, a confident fellow at the best of times and even more when in the presence of a pretty lady. It probably would have worked just fine and she'd have sauntered her fine self over to the bar stool he held out for her had the tall Gael not received a cuff around the head. The blow was only a rebuff, a physical telling off from the older dog that Ruari had done it again. In a flash the dark man had twisted and thrown the dart that had remained in his hand - ready for his next throw - at the floor by Gille's paws. The rangy dog was only just quick enough to jump out of the way, a quick jig of the feet that made both men laugh.

"Ah'll go see ta the horses." Gille grumbled, though Ruari knew that it was all in good nature. Their darts game cut short, Gille knew that he'd never get the young male to concentrate enough to finish it and took his leave. "Wha'cannae get for ya darlin'?" He asked, turning a charming smile back to the girl who rightly smelled like a full garden of roses and more. Tugging out the car a little more, he made it clear that he was unlikely to take no for an answer.

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Oh, it was a game that she knew how to play, having seen it and joined in enough times to be a veteran player. Kalypso was half-raised in a tavern, not by her mother's choice, but by her own gambling and card-playing desires as a young yearling girl. She had seen the ladies of the night putting on their charming moves on new visitors to port and the newcomers put on their own to attract girls (or boys) that did not charge for a game of peek-a-boo with their private bits.

She knew the man was about to play that game and spent a precious few moments deciding whether or not she was interested in taking the bait and biting the line. The invitations were sent, the packs seemed interested, and there was genuine excitement for a big ball involving three packs and a pack remnant. She was feeling good, proud, and triumphant. These were all dangerous when mixed with handsome men and heavy drinks.

Screw it.

She let her charming smile linger, letting every bit of charisma she had in her bubble forward rather than staying calm and observant. Not that Kalypso would ever be a bubbly individual.

The Reine gave a ringing laugh, dropping the pose as she watched the man be reprimanded with a cuffing and a quick rebuff that dangerously involved a dart narrowly avoiding another man's foot. The other man toddled off and Kalypso approached with a slightly more exaggerated sway of the hips than she normally did when walking in.

Kalypso removed the light travel cloak and draped it half-folded on the back of the chair. Then, she planted herself in the chair, crossing her legs. It was a lovely display of long legs, despite being covered with dark pants. Her loose off-white shirt had half the buttons undone, a dangerous display.

That depends, how coherent do you prefer your company to be? she asked as she rested her head on interlocked fingertips. Kalypso looked at him from half-lidded eyes, smiling. Ale is fine, I'm not so fussed. And it would be much harder to get her wasted off a cup or two of ale.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Dead Topics