Loud Magic

Till

POSTED: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 pm

OOC: Foot of the Halcyon Mountains, near-ish SL border. Late afternoon. Sorry for the rambling. WC: 486

IC: The snow crunched softly with each paw step. A soft breeze rustled the white wolfess' mostly braided back hair and sometime threatened to whisk away her hat. The chill in the Winter air made the woman very aware of the approaching sundown as she made her way through the semi-familiar terrain in search of a small stash of belongings she'd carefully hidden in a knot in a tree she'd discovered weeks back when she had once travelled through the area.

Where was it? She knew she was close. Even though the stash was rather close to a pack territory, (one she knew nothing about other than it was a pack of 'secrets and rumors') the hiding spot seemed so perfect she doubted anyone else would find it. The tall, broad female sniffed the air, trying to determine any familiar scents in the air to help guide her to the tree. So far she'd had no such luck. Feeling a little delirious from lack of sleep, the woman chuckled loudly to herself. "Figures, when I need it most my luck should change...Fucking perfect...Just fantastic..." She spoke out loud, her soft words going from sarcastic to angry, twisted and muttered under her breath a gutteral mix of her old coven's native tongue and some other dark language the woman had yet to identify. The woman's golden eyes flashed and her teeth bared in the moment. She stopped and flexed her fists, standing her full height and rolling her broad shoulders. She wanted to rip something apart...

"No." She lashed her tail and shook her head, clearing it the best she could of the frustration she felt. Growling, the witch closed her eyes and regained control of her emotions and shook out her pelt, pulling her cloak closer around her body, stepping forward and continuing her search. She had to keep herself occupied. She had to be careful. The more worked up she got the more likely she was to become overtaken by the Shadow. These episodes of insanity and ramblings were becoming more and more common. Whether she was awake or in the midst of her nightmare plagued sleep, the woman was steadily falling victim to the 'Shadow that haunted her mind' ever since the accident months back where she'd hit her head. She'd been cursed that day, she was certain, to never be the same woman again. Renaryn tried so hard to accept who she was, and her darker side, but the despair was apparent in the soft whimper that fell from her lips after the darkness passed. "What is wrong with me? She whispered, pausing in front of the exact tree she'd been seeking, but not really seeing it in front of her. Frowning at her feet, Renaryn sighed. She was doomed never to live a normal life. She was crazy. And who the hell would ever accept her if she was literally bat shit insane?
[center]Image

POSTED: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Rescue me from the demons in my mind

The air outside of Salsola had been like a breath of fresh air as he and his new mare had finally come from the depths of the Marsh. Normally, he did not leave the pack lands so late in the day, but tonight was different. He had finished with his "chores" of the day. Till had originally left the child behind, for he did not want to expose the child to the outside yet, but something had urged him to go back and grab Sparta, so he did. Helena had protested slightly at first, for she did not know where Till was to go, but he had urged her that he was not going too far, and that he was only going to show Sparta the border traps so that he could identify where he should not go when the children were finally allowed to travel off on their own. She reluctantly agreed, and then let him take the sickly child along with him.

Till wrapped the child up with thick furs, and cooed to him as he put the sling across his chest and placed his youth within the pocket. He smiled lightly as the youth hid his head from the cold and found his way around the back of Till and into the spot between Till's back and his long purple cloak that draped itself along his back and his horse's. He was seen off only for a few paces from the Tower, and once he was out of view of the tower, Till had turned direction and headed for the closest border.

Till went through his normal scent/appearance altering rituals that he had when he left Salsola, in which he had rubbed himself with pine roots and ash, and used a solution that turned his fur on the top of his muzzle to a rusty color, to disguise himself as a "true" Lykoi, who might have come from Inferni, when it was thriving. Till still had not had to alter his story yet, because he hadn't been outside of Salsola in some time, but as he began to ride towards his borders, he thought about it. Maybe he could convince whomever that Salsola was Inferni, should they be too close to the borders. Loners were stupid enough for that, right?

Till, Sparta, and their mount had finally come to the borders, in which Till make sure to navigate carefully through the traps. It would have been embarrassing for him to get caught up with his son after having to explain to his wife that he was just going to show the boy where the traps were, not what they did. He chuckled nervously as he moved his mare along the border traps and then finally got clear of them. Once the mustang was far enough away, he let her start off in a gallop, which brought up snow as they finally got in a clearing and a beaten path. They followed it for some time before the scent of a female had crossed his path.

She was too close to Salsola for comfort, and the last loner he had found along their borders almost met her end at the end of his blade. Till did not jump the gun yet, but he did slow his mare down to a brisk trot, and once he had come upon the snow white female, he had heard her asking what was wrong with her. Till let a smile press on his lips and he pinned his bright cosmic eyes on her. "I see nothing wrong with you." he told her as he held the eyes of a hawk on her. His child shuffled on his back and poked his head out to look at the woman.

"You are out here alone, maybe is the only thing that is wrong here." he told her as he found himself shifting his weight on his mount's back. She, too shuffled her weight but settled a moment later. Till patted her neck lightly as he looked at the woman still. "What is your name, beautiful?" he asked the obvious witch. He wondered where she had come from, but also debated telling her his true name if she was truly a witch that could be a good fit for their growing coven in Salsola.

ooc: ohigh. <3 | [wc — 724] template by hilli || Art by Ben@SoulsRPG

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by kiriska@soulsRPG, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Warden
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador Mate to Helena and Calla
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 pm

OOC: Hello luv! <3 WC: 615

IC: The woman closed her eyes, taking a deep breath and then slowly exhaled. Upon opening her eyes, two things became apparent at once. First, the tree. The one she'd so earnestly been seeking, stood tall and sturdy before her, the twisted, gnarled knot in it's otherwise straight trunk looming just at her head height. She'd have to reach in to retrieve the items she'd stashed there, and hope to the goddesses that they were still there. She knew the knot o the tree was beautiful, but the actual hide away hole in it was nearly invisible to most passersby. An optical illusion of the swirling shades of brown clorations in the hardwood bark. The witch woman had been drawn to this tree, and for a reason, it seemed others magically inclined had also once used the spot for their own needs. At first she'd been simply awed by the unique striations of the wood grain, but running her hands over it the correct way revealed the darkest part of the wood was actually empty space. The secret was only discoverable right up close.It was sort of a communal "tree of holding". But only for those who knew of it's hidden location.

The second thing Renaryn found upon reopening her golden eyes was that she was no longer alone. It was a good thing she had not reached for the knot in the tree upon reflex. "I see nothing wrong with you." An unfamiliar male voice spoke into the previous silence. The wolfess turned on her heel, cloak billowing and hood falling back from her face.Her hair was word down loose except for two long braids on either side of her face into which she'd woven pieces of pine branch and holly. One hand twitching down to her hip where a hunter's knife was sheathed, Renaryn remained cautious of the stranger on horseback, but upon noticing the smaller face poking his head around the male's back, her guarded posture immediately became less tense though she still nervously kept a paw on her knife. "You are out here alone, maybe is the only thing that is wrong here." The male smoothly continued and Renaryn's ears twitched at the bold assumption from the stranger. Swishing her tail the woman eyed the white faced luperci and his bundled child up and down, taking in their horse and what they carried upon their person. They appeared simply to be out for a stroll. Father and child. 'Gods why are you so fucking paranoid...?!' Ren thought bitterly but was instantly snapped from her introspections by his next question.

"What is your name, beautiful?" She hadn't heard anyone call her that in...ever. She was never the 'beautiful' type. She was the tomboy, the more "ruggedly pretty" kind of gal at most. But, he called her beautiful. Was it just flattery or did he mean it? Renaryn felt strange by the overt kindness of the gentleman. She splayed her ears and her tail tucked slightly. Why was he being so nice to her? A gentle breeze blew loose strands of hair into her face, and she gently tucked them back up into her hat and away out of her eyes before answering. "I am Renaryn...Why are you being so nice to me?" She had to ask, a partial frown on her face but a strange gleam of hope in her eyes. She felt something was somehow...different about him than the others she'd encountered. Something in her core told her to wait, find out what he wanted. And so she listened, desperately doing her best to push aside her growing paranoia and doubt. For the moment, her tree of holding was all but forgotten...
[center]Image

POSTED: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Your heart is starting to slow,

Eyes intensely watched the woman and her movements. He could not risk his child being hurt, and if she showed any threat, he would dispatch her then and there. Till always left Salsola armed with his sword, easily attached to his waist, peacefully sheathed and often undrawn. Till was particularly in a good mood, so he had given her the benefit of a doubt, for he was sure that she did not know that she was on the cusp of Salsola's borders, and could easily be caught in one of their pit-traps, or even worse, their leg traps that were big enough to kill whatever unfortunate creature that might of gotten caught up in it. She seemed to stop her movements, only the swishing of her tail and the eyes of golden suns looking the two up and down. Till still smiled that same too-wide grin as he looked at her. One might think he was being friendly, that there was no threat beneath that too-wide grin, but those who knew him truly knew that he might look friendly, but was incredibly facetious.

She finally gave him her name, and he nodded lightly, storing the name in his head for later use. She would be easily recognizable with that scar that plagued her being, but still Till found beauty in her where others might have not. Till always did seem to have an attraction to more buff, or beefy girls, but this was probably because they reminded him of men, and boy did Till love his men. Why would I not be friendly, Renaryn? You have done nothing to warrant that I be unfriendly. he stated easily at her question, as his cosmic eyes still rested on her. He might have blinked once or twice, but he always kept his eyes on her, his attention in her direction even though Spartacus whispered something or another in his ears about hos uncomfortable he was around the woman. Till knew the boy was shy, and chalked it up to that more than anything.

My name is Van Lykoi, and this is my son, Kaneki Lykoi. It's our pleasure to make your acquaintance. he told her as he bowed his head lightly, but did not let his gaze move from her. There was a whine of protest from Spartacus, who did not particularly understand why his father was lying, nor if this "Kaneki" was a "new" name that he would be called by from his parents, who did not seem to agree on just one name for him. The boy already answered by three names, and this new fourth one was confusing to say the least, as it seemed that Till liked to call Sparta by his given name by him. Till did not have time to explain it to the child, but it was good that Sparta seemed to settle by snuggling into his father's neck fur, and letting his bright crimson eyes look at the woman as well.

I do have a question for you..Well..A few questions, if you would be so kind as to humor me, Miss Renaryn. he told her, as he leaned forward slightly to look at the woman a bit better. I'm just curious, but what are you doing out here alone? Not meaning to pry, but it has been some time since I have come across a lone female. Are you lost? he asked with the same too-wide grin, but no malice in his tone. He was merely curious about her for now.

Are you a witch? he asked suddenly, pointing to her black witch hat as he let his too-wide grin become slightly cheeky.

OOC: Date is ambiguous. ✮ WC: 620

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Warden
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Renaryn was so accustomed to being shunned for her beliefs she automatically assumed the worst of people but hoped for the best. The male's smile was..off. Although he seemed to be sincere, Renaryn's gut said to still be careful with him. Child or not, something just wasn't quite right about him. But then again, she could say the same about herself. She couldn't' pass any real judgements. She could only remain cautious. "Why would I not be friendly, Renaryn? You have done nothing to warrant that I be unfriendly." The white wolfess glanced down but did not answer. She didn't need to be telling every stranger her back story. So instead she settled for simply apologizing. "You are right, sir. I apologize." She felt slightly awkward. The situation was a little uncertain with her at the disadvantage down on the ground with him up high on horseback and the reach of a longer blade.

"My name is Van Lykoi, and this is my son, Kaneki Lykoi. It's our pleasure to make your acquaintance." Reanryn's face brightened again upon learning the man's name and the name of his offspring. "A pleasure indeed." She said, still anxious about checking on the goods shed stored in the tree but doing her best not to give it away. She didn't want to be rude and dismiss her company. She shifted her weight and smiled back softy with a nod. The dangers of Salsola's border defenses were unknown to the loner. She had yet to be unlucky enough to stumble upon one in her travels through the lands. It would have been a disaster for her should she end up further injured than she already had been. By some miracle she'd survived the incident where she had her side punctured by an elks antler. It was too close for comfort. She'd had a handful of near death experiences while out on her own. The protections of a pack were far better than anything a loner could do on their own. Ren had gone through quite a lot while on her own however, and so when the stranger upon horseback began to inquire about her life outside of any pack's jurisdiction, the woman was not surprised.

"I do have a question for you..Well..A few questions, if you would be so kind as to humor me, Miss Renaryn." The witch's ears perked and she nodded as he leaned forward in the saddle towards her. "I'm just curious, but what are you doing out here alone? Not meaning to pry, but it has been some time since I have come across a lone female. Are you lost?" She had been expecting the first half of the questioning but not the last. Lost? Well...in a way, yes she had been. Now that she'd found her way to the knotted tree, it was just about recovering the items within it.

Ren shook her head. "I am not lost, no. I've travelled this way many a time. I have a dwelling further up north, but I was down south for a while looking to do some trading." She shared but then the next question her threw at her caught her off guard. "Are you a witch?" Her breath caught in her chest and her golden eyes widened. She glanced form the male's face, to the snuggled in child upon his back, and then to the ground and back up. "I.. I am. Yes." She stood taller and frowned, her entire demeanor switching from demure innocent, to more defensive. "W-what of it?" She asked a little stiffer than she meant but again, there was something of hope in her eyes that betrayed her demeanor. Why would he ask such a thing? And how did he pick up on it? Most didn't simply deduce that by looking at her. She was not deeply curious about him. "Nobody's ever picked that out so quickly..." She admitted with a soft chuckle and a flick of her tail. She visibly settled again and scanned the man's smiling face. What was he hiding behind that smile...?
[center]Image

POSTED: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Your heart is starting to slow,

He could see how uncomfortable she was, her body was stiff under his gaze. She let her eyes off him and apologized. It was interesting to see the way she interacted with him, as he had not readily come upon another female that did not have a "go-getter" attitude. He supposed he was used to all the females in Salsola with their noses turned up, while this female seemed a bit more humble than that. He wondered what had happened to her that gave her that scar, that made her so humble as she was. His tail flicked lightly, pensively, as his smile never seemed to falter or fade. It's okay, sweetcheeks, no need to apologize. he told her and waved his hand lightly, in a way that told her to not worry about it. He saw her perk up slightly when he had introduced himself, and this was nice, she seemed so friendly and like she could be happy. He wondered if life as a loner had made her so guarded, and so cold. Till flicked his tail again, pensively as he analyzed her under his bright eyes that reflected the cosmos above with its dark cobalts and lavender flecks like distant stars.

She spoke to him of not being lost. Interesting answer as it was, it seemed that she had been here before. He had never seen her, but it was likely that she stayed a bit further out because of something. Till let a small "hmm." come from his maw as he listened to her. So you know where you are. You smell of no pack, though, none that I might recognize. You live alone too? he mentioned to her, knowing that the answer was a positive. There had been no other packs in the area that covered their scent like Salsola did, and others were proud to wear the stench of their homes. Till would have also been proud to flaunt that he was of Salsola, but as it were, they were the pack who was hard to find, even harder to get into. He wondered if she had heard whispers of the witches of Salsola, and if she had been searching for them. If so, then how long?

His eyes sparkled with interest as he looked her up and down once more. She grew uncomfortable and defensive once more at the mention of her being a witch. Till chuckled heartily then and leaned back up. He pointed at his pink nose. A witch can sense a witch from a mile away, no? But it also helps that you smell like herbs, ones that are hard to get, and it helps when you know what the hat looks like. he told her as he motioned back to her hat.

Don't be alarmed, for we are kin in nature. I am part of a coven myself. he told her, hoping to peak her interest, for her to maybe catch on and ask him questions about whom he might really be. He gave her a real smile, and a tilt of his ash crown.

Are you sure you're not lost, my Renaryn? he asked her again, wondering if she would answer his question with a different answer then before. His face still held a pleasantly sweet smile to it, as if it was a sickly sweet beverage and Renaryn had been walking through a desert for days without water.

OOC: Date is ambiguous. ✮ WC: 575

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Warden
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

Dead Topics