I know that apocalypse, that was where your heart is

p: Dahlia | Mount Oromocto

POSTED: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Skeleton and Carnivore are traveling westbound. They're at the southeastern foothills of Mount Oromocto, near Grand Lake. Carnivore will be trailing behind as Skeleton ranges ahead. They are both in their secui forms.

After talking to Saut, Skeleton finally convinced Carnivore to do follow one of his plans: leave Halcyon Mountain. They’d been in the area for too long and they had to commit: either dedicate all of their time to finding Lucilla and River or continue on and do their best to find them, but not actively pursue them. Carnivore didn’t seem to raise any issue with heading west and Skeleton couldn’t fathom the inner workings of her mind, so he let it rest. He chalked this up as a win — they needed a change of pace if they ever hoped to be vigilante to track their family down. He hadn’t given up, but he wasn’t willing to spend all of his time looking for them. They would never find them, especially if Lucilla hadn’t bothered to check in with Lock or Latch before they left. And that was the thing: Skeleton and Carnivore would swing by Black River Reserve to check in on their brothers every few months or weeks as was convenient. But Lucilla and River had never come by and there was no evidence that anyone had hurt them.

Skeleton had to stay positive and also remain realistic, which meant they had to leave. It seemed as though, however, they had just traded one mountain for another. Mount Oromocto was much larger than Halcyon Mountain and had far more rivers and brooks spilling over the sides. Or, in the summer there would be waterfalls, but for now, it was all frozen. Skeleton considered the long tendrils crawling down the mountainside for a moment before continuing on.

With Carnivore a few steps behind, they were making decent time. He had decided to scout ahead, but still hadn’t come across anything nefarious. He was a little on edge from passing by Salsola, but they seemed to be in the clear now.
Last edited by Skeleton Key on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lil Skelly avatar by Trophy!

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Tammi
Luperci They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 am

All things truly wicked start from Innocence

Salsola's land stretched far and wide, and it seemed just to prove that they could, effectively cut off passage along the base of the mountains. Anyone traveling from the south to get up north was going to have to find a means of passing through the mountains. What a hassle that would be to accomplish... but it was not impossible. Guess there was one small upside to being a pack of the Thistle Kingdom. She could travel to and fro as she pleased... so long as she was careful about where she was going and for how long. Her habits were hard to break, but she had her own responsibilities here now.

They could not go unnoticed, nor could she afford to not aid her new home so long as she was staying here.

The gray coyote made her way towards the north, a common path she chose to take. There were times when she came this way to travel to the Cartel, but others just to hunt. There was only so much that could be done within the kingdom's territory, and sometime branching out would be better than sticking to one spot, something all the previous coyotes of Inferni had to learn when they began to starve on the other side of the mountain. So long as she brought something home to not only Salsola, but to her family, there should be no issue.

Padding on ahead in her lupus form, green gaze caught the sight of something bulky in the distance. It was rare to find many luperci that perfered walking around in their halfling forms, she certainly didn't. Crouching down lower, Dahlia inched closer towards the one figure she could see, only for it to be joined by another secui. Both of them had a similar look about them... were they related? Did they live around here?

Cautiously, she stepped closer towards them, "You two. You from around here?"

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Skeleton hadn’t noticed another canine approaching them until it was far too late. He had no back story, he realized in a panic, but then, they were loners in unclaimed lands; he didn’t need one. He turned to see Carnivore catch up just in time for the new loner to approach them. He glared at Carnivore, hoping to communicate telepathically (or just grumpily) to convey one simple message: let me do the talking. While Carnivore had some skills, talking to others in a way that didn’t make them want to punch her wasn’t one of them.

The other woman smelled like a loner and looked a lot like a coyote, so Skeleton was cautious, but optimistic. Not all coyotes were out to get him, and some were quite normal, like Saut.

In response to her question, Skeleton began to shake his head, but then stopped. “Ye-yeah, we’re from around here,” he replied, with a vague wage of his paw. He couldn’t really identify much of a pack scent ton the woman, so he asked: “how about you? A loner or member of a pack?” They were near Salsola’s territory, so there was a good chance she was a member, but he still had never met one, and he couldn’t recognize their scent.

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Tammi

POSTED: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Dahlia had been good about hiding her scent from others. If she had learned anything from Salsola, this was the one practice she did put into place. In the end, it made sense to hide the scent of her home when she was wandering around outside the borders. It would only help to strengthen her case should someone in the kingdom start asking her too many questions. She had been lucky enough so far... so with any luck, that trend would keep on going.

The gray coyote had noticed that the browner of the two secui seemed to turn to his travelling partner silently, causing her to raise one eyebrow... but nothing else past that. There was no reason to call it to any attention.

Green gaze moved down to the male as he began to speak. So the two of them were loners. Being the coyotes they were, she wondered if perhaps it was possible that they too were looking for Inferni, just as the other dark woman had done a while ago. They were not in the right place if that was the reason... but maybe they just didn't know the way.

Either way, her attention was brought back to the conversation when he asked if she was a loner or a member of a pack. Well.. up until this point, Dahlia hadn't bothered to lie about her real name, but this was a delicate case in some regard. Does she tell this male that she was also from Salsola after going through the trouble to hide her scent, or potentially lie that she was a loner only to come across them again or have someone rat her out. How annoying...

She gave a soft sigh before smiling, "I'm a loner, I just tend to wander around here and the western territories. There's not much out that way in terms of packs."

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Skeleton nodded at the woman’s response. There weren’t really many packs around here and he shouldn’t be so paranoid. After all, he hadn’t met anyone from Salsola yet, and perhaps the tales were exaggerated. Certainly, they seemed secretive, but he couldn’t really verify any of the other rumours he’d heard over the past few years. Besides, he was pretty sure he’d forgotten most of them by now.

“Cool, yeah, that’s what we’re finding, too. We’ve been in the area to the south for a while, so now we’re trying our luck elsewhere. Since Inferni and Anathema disbanded, I was just kinda curious if there were any new packs up north around here,” he explained. It had been a while since the two packs had broken up, so surely by now the remaining loners had formed some kind of new group, right? He didn’t really have any reason to believe there would be more packs forming, but at the same time, it couldn’t hurt to scout the lands. They were loners, after all, so it wasn’t like anyone would miss them or notice their absence.

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Tammi

POSTED: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Dahlia was glad to see that the two had at least bought her small little lie. There was no need for those who didn't know any better that she was actually living in Salsola. At least this way, she was sticking to their own customs while she was out here more for herself than anything else. Besides, if any of these coyotes were going to treat her like how the Salsolans did.. or even former Inferni members for her choice to stay and look after her sister's children, then all the more reason for them not to know.

One eyebrow rose to the tanner one mentioning that the two of them were looking around for packs since Inferni and some place called Anathema had disbanded. Though the gray coyote knew nothing about the latter of the two, she could at least speak on behalf of the former. In fact, the more that she could send towards the Cartel was sure to be better for them. Better numbers, for chance to gather supplies to help all of them survive, so on and so forth.

Her head turned over her shoulder, green gaze focusing out in the direction of the former Freetown, "Well, from what I can tell, there aren't any packs around here, but I do know of a group of loners that live further in that direction. Many of them are former members of Inferni and have made a camp where they all reside at as well as other coyotes along the outside of the camp. Not sure if that might interest the two of you, but it may be able to give you a starting point since you seem familiar with Inferni."

There was a small pause in her words before following them up, "I have been there a few times myself to check it out. Seems to be a decent place."

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 pm

So sorry for the wait on this! ;_; This month's been wild. I'm still game to continue since I really want to get Skeleton involved with The Cartel!

Skeleton noticed the woman perked up at the mention of searching for packs further north. He felt a flutter of excitement at the prospect of learning more. He was always looking for more information about the new packs and groups that seemed to spring up all over the lands. If she could share some of what she knew, this would be the farthest he’d gotten so far.

His heart dropped a little when she started explaining that there weren’t any nearby, but then felt it soar once more when she mentioned there was a loner group in the direction they were headed. Perfect!

“Oh! That’s good news. Yeah, we know Inferni and finding some folks from the old clan would be good. It’ll be nice to see if any of our family managed to make it out with them,” he replied. He paused to consider her recommendation, then added: “what about it do you like? I still want to try to talk to them, but my sister isn’t totally convinced.” He motioned toward Carnivore with a jerk of his head. She narrowed his eyes at him slightly, but didn’t add anything, so he supposed that was a safe enough comment.

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Tammi

POSTED: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:44 am

Given the nature of the traveling pair, it was only fitting that one of them would seem more excited for the idea while the other was more on the fence about it. It was a hard balancing act for the gray coyote to walk on, wanting to share all the information that she could about the Cartel and Inferni while also baring in mind the restrictions she had from her new home. It was terrible, but then again, she also had to keep those remaining safe as well just in case these two might have been untrustworthy as well.

Though the likeliness of this being the case was very low.

Thinking on the male's question, Dahlia's gaze shifted over to the woman before moving back to the male, "A real friendly group they are, especially when you've got more than one of them together in one place. That's usually at night, but they're always having some kind of fun." It was a bit hard to tell what they were really collectively doing, as there were gaps in her trips, but a general shouldn't be too bad of an answer, "Treat each other like family if you will."

She paused for a moment before thinking of something else to tack on, "I know they do a fair amount of drinking. That is one thing I can say, though I don't know if that would interest you at all."

We could probably wrap this thread up pretty soon. +200 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:36 pm

That works for me!

The second the woman said that the group was friendly, Skeleton broke out into a big grin. He had never joined Inferni, but he had always been a little hesitant to do so; he’d heard the stories growing up, so he knew they had a reputation. He had always worried he wouldn’t fit in, or worse, he might not be good enough. His fears somewhat assuaged, he nodded expectantly, as the coyote continued her explanation.

At the mention of drinking, Carnivore perked up. Skeleton tried to roll his eyes, but ended up laughing instead.

“That would bode well,” Skeleton replied.

“Very well,” Carnivore added quickly, with a sly grin. She had been standing a pace or two behind Skeleton, so she took a few steps to join the group more closely.

“Even if they aren’t our family, it would be nice to have a family again. If we can find them — do you know exactly where they're located?” Skeleton asked, at first as an afterthought, but then realized that if he really did want to find this group, this was probably the most important question he could ask.

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Tammi

POSTED: Sun May 05, 2019 5:15 pm

It was nice to see that both the coyotes were now warming up more to the idea of seeking the Cartel out. So the mention of drinks had been what was needed to pull the woman to considering them more. Well, if the evenings spent with the Cartel were anything to go off, then no doubt she would be enjoying herself around the fire, sharing a drink with other folks.

Going this deep into the conversation, it should do no harm in telling these two where to go. Perhaps they might give a good word about her. Nazario and Boone would be sure to know about her even if the two of them were to describe her. Her head turned towards the west, moving one hand up, "Keep heading that way. You'd be best to move along the shore towards where Freetown used to be. You should be able to find some old carts. The Cartel has made up camp around them."

She allowed for a pause, making sure that both of them didn't have any other questions for her.

As they came to an end, she turned on her feet, "Well, it's best that I head on my way. It's been nice speaking with you and I hope that you can find them. I hope to see you again." No doubt if they were to join with the Cartel, then such a thing would not be too impossible. She began to make her way back along the path she had come from. Another one into the fold.

+200 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

Dead Topics