Your love is my drug

For Boone

POSTED: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

All things truly wicked start from Innocence

It was nice to have members of the Cartel closer to home rather than at their camp over towards the west. It meant that she could still be out to hang out with them and still be back home in Salsola in much better timing than she would have been otherwise. The trip out further was tiring to say the least... especially without having a horse to make the journey with. Then again, that was part of the reason she had assisted to get Spitfire. Now she would have someone...

Just so long as he would let her ride him.

As much time as Dahlia spent with the members of the Cartel, some of their habits were starting to rub off on her, though in small bits of course. She had to keep herself under control while there were children to be watching over. She couldn't come back under and sort of influence. That would not be right for them... and it wouldn't do good for someone like her in Salsola.

Even so, the Bar was a place that the coyote had passed a number of times when making her way out to the Cartel, but never really stopped inside since her time spent there with Virue. No doubt the heads of the place were not keen on having her come back considering the last time she had been here... she had taken one of he stools and beaten it over the back of a wolf's head. It wasn't even that she was prone to violent tendencies... but they had no right to mock her friend and she was simply standing up for him.

Dahlia had taken a spot further away from the crowd, having already spent a fair amount of time with them. There was someone else she seemed to have her eyes one. Once Boone's head shifted in her direction, she moved one finger up, motioning for him to come join her.

Backdated to the time around the bar thread? Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +300 words.

Dahlia Winthrop

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Salena
Luperci Mate to Boone Chaos Star You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Do not cry out or hit the alarm
You know we're friends till we die

It wasn't wise to come back here. Not after last time. Not with enemies so close and a sickening secret to conceal. However, Boone particularly enjoyed watching his older brother squirm. They came together -- riding in from the west with the sole intention of getting Nazario laid. Boone kept this to himself, of course. They were coming to here trade. This was a business trip.Boone rolled his eyes.

Boone pointed out a girl with long flowing hair that would be suitable enough to get his rocks off before shoving his brother into the dancing crowd with a singular instruction: talk to her. That's all it took, after all. A little confidence went a long way. Boone lingered at the bar and watched his brother awkwardly fumble and saw the expression of the girl turn wary and unnerved.

He couldn't hear their conversation of course, but Boone could assume the worst. It was painful to watch. Entertaining, but painful. He chuckled to himself at the bar as he ordered a drink.

Strong spirit in hand, Boone's gaze scanned the room. That's when he saw her. Dahlia's finger went up and he made a beeline for her booth. He slid in beside her and threw an arm jovially around her shoulder. "Dahlia, Dahlia, Dahlia," Boone said, smiling. "Just the girl I was hopin' to see."

He pointed out to the dancefloor where Rio flailed about in awkward failure. "See Rio out there?" Boone laughed. "He ain't got no idea what he's doin'. It's fuckin' great."

PP of Rio approved by Despi.
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
Ryan
Luperci Mate to Dahlia You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Dahlia was enjoying herself, watching all of them from a distance. She couldn't help but let her green gaze drift to the bar, watching the owners that stood behind it. She hadn't forgotten what happened last time, and they certainly didn't either. She had noticed them watching her like a hawk. One would think that in the time that she had been away they would have let that blow over. Guess outbreaks were not so easy to let go of in an establishment like this one.

Green eyes moved back to those gathered, meeting up with the man she had been waiting for. Once Boone had spotted her, he was quick to move across the floor, taking a spot next to her on that side of the table. Grin moved across her face as she felt his arm wrap around her shoulder. Now this felt nice. The gray coyote couldn't help but lean into him some, finding his body far more comfortable than whatever it was she was sitting in now.

Her head followed the male's finger as he pointed out Nazario in the crowd, trying to do his best with the situation Boone had thrown him into. Her grin couldn't help but curl more upwards as she played at a few strands of his fur, "Well you know, some people are just not cut out for the charm thing like you are Boone. Or, maybe you could have helped him out more with this. You basically just threw him at a stranger and expected it to work."

Returning her attention to the gray haired man, she let her grin form into more of a smile, "So Boone, how have things been with you and the Cartel. Haven't been missing me too much have you?"

+300 words.

Dahlia Winthrop

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Salena

POSTED: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Shortly after taking a sip from his wooden cup, Boone snorted derisively. "Help him?" piped Boone, raising a brow. There weren't no helping Nazario when it came to the womenfolk. It was like watching a baby bird trying to fly. He had to be pushed from the nest. No coddling allowed. Boone figured he'd pick up on finer details of seduction after a while, lest embarrassment consume him alive. "And miss out on all this fun? I think not Darlin'. That's a hard pass."

Boone chuckled and shook his head. "God, he needs a woman," Boone mused aloud. It might do the kid some good in keeping his paranoia in check -- Not that it did any good for Boone. It didn't matter if he had someone to warm his bed or not, he was still a shithead. "I s'pose we can't all be lucky and nab ourselves a girl like you," he went on, flattery falling so easily from his lips.

She fell deeper into his embrace, and Boone held tight, laying his claim for the other bar patrons to see. This one's mine.

He sighed and let Rio's misfortune fall into the background. He turned to look upon the girl that leaned against his shoulder. "We've been alright -- survivin' like always." The Cartel never had means. It was a rough life, harder without the security or stability of a pack. Yet, it was free, and some wild part of Boone saw that freedom as something that couldn't be bought. Something beautiful.

Boone wished he could share it with her. Show her the things he'd seen, the life he lived. "Shit, every damn day," he answered. "Say, whenabouts you gonna leave Salsola behind and run with us?"

OOC HERE.
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
Ryan

POSTED: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 pm

It was interesting to see Nazario trying and failing when it came to women. It seemed that from the beginning, he had been turned away from her. Was it simply because of her choice to stay in Salsola or was there something more that he didn't like about her? How could he not understand the importance those children were in her life? How could she just pack up everything and leave them behind?

Salsola could twist anyone.. and how could she leave them alone where there was so much she wanted to share with them about their mother's side of the family. They had every right to know about Faith and Inferni.

Green gaze turned back to the man at her side, smile still staying on her face, though it seemed to fade at his comment. A small chuckle escaped her before her eyes fixed on the one eyed man again, "I don't think Nazario would want a woman like me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me anyways."

But she found comfort in Boone, even if he was a bit of a sweet talker. Who else had been like this to her before? Or even bothered? When did she ever have the time?

It was nice to hear that he did miss her, not just spend time with her and hop over to someone else while she was gone. Of course the subject of when she was leaving Salsola to come and join them came up. The gray coyote's gaze fell away from him, seeming to stare down at the table. Her smile vanished, hands coming together, "It's not so simple..."

One hand moved to her head, "I've been wanting to join with you all for the longest time. I've run the idea through my head every time I come visit, and it hurts to leave... but it hurts more to leave those kids... I don't trust their father that much, as much as I do defend him... and I want to make sure they'll be safe."

She gave a small sigh, "If I could bring them with me I would... but I can't tear them away from the only parent they have left or spit in my sister's face for her stupid decision..."

+300 words.

Dahlia Winthrop

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Salena

POSTED: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Boone thought for a moment and thumbed at his wooden cup. Nazario had reason for suspicion with which Boone clearly understood; Dahlia was a Salsolan, even if only in name. No Salsolan was worthy of the Cartel's trust. "Shit -- Rio don't like nobody," Boone explained, shielding her emotions with what little reserves of kindness he had. He could not fault Dahlia in the same way as his brother. While it was a betrayal of closely held Infernian values to associate with Salsola, it was not Dahlia's chosen path.

It was her sister's.

He shook his head as the jovial air between them slipped away. Dahlia pulled from his grip, expression grave. Loyalty to family was an admirable trait -- one of Boone's few virtues. Still, there were some things Boone could never bring himself to understand. "I just --" he started. "Why would Faith shack up with a Salsolan? After everything they did to us? They burnt our home, Dahlia. They killed our people." She had never struck him as one to flit about with the enemy.

Of course, Dahlia knew. Boone could see how hard it weighed on her. "They can't be trusted," he said. "None of 'em." They'd poison those poor kids and fill their heads with lies. "You know they'll turn those children against us, their own family." It was like spitting on Inferni's ashes.

He sighed and bit his lip. A pause followed. "I'm sorry Dahlia." He'd overstepped. "I know this is hard for you."

OOC HERE.
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
Ryan

POSTED: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Dahlia was no fool. She knew that Nazario was wary of her because of being a part of Salsola, even if she had only been there because of her sister in the first place. It was her choice to go with Faith in the first place, it was her choice to stay behind when the pups were born, and it was her choice not to just take them away when they were born, but keep them in the place that would always been an enemy to Inferni. No one in Salsola trusted her...

And now not even her former clan mates trusted her... all because of what her sister had done. It wasn't fair.

The gray coyote moved her hands to her head, resting her elbows along the table ahead of her as she held herself in place. She was getting tired of everyone pointing out the obvious to her. Coaxoch was Salsolan, and she would never forgive any of them for what they had done to Inferni's lands... what they had caused to end up happening to all of them...

But everyone was looking so black and white at the situation. There was always some kind of middle ground. Her teeth bit down together as her ears pulled back, "She met him before the war even started. She believed there was some good in him. I only helped her because she cared about him. I just wanted my sister and my family happy."

And then there was the real kicker, the thing that everyone seemed to haggle her about. The kids. She knew full well what Salsola was going to do to them, and why she wanted so much to tell the both of them about their mother and Inferni's rich history... but it was always their father that seemed to get in the way of that. Eden wanted to know so much more than his sibling.. but she could never get the chance to get the words out. Even so, her hands slammed down on the table snarling, "You think I don't know that? But what am I supposed to do at this point? Take them away from their father and put myself and the whole of the Cartel in danger?"

She stopped, realizing that she too had stepped over the line. Her head turned away from Boone, laying her head down against the table, "Sorry... I didn't mean to yell at you..."

+400 words.

Dahlia Winthrop

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Salena

Dead Topics