I care not for your poetry

Greed

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Dusk was spending more and more time on chores recently, training, patrolling the borders, even going outside Casa's territory to patrol the neutral lands immediately outside their borders. In all honesty, she might have been a bit paranoid. She wanted to ensure Shaamah wasn't anywhere near Casa, looking to finish the job he started. The Hushhowl matriarch would do everything in her power to protect her son and the rest of her family. There was no way she would let that monster anywhere near them again.

Still, she often found herself thinking about her son's father. They truly hadn't known each other long at all, and they really only started talking because her mother had insisted she be nice to the man. Even so, she found herself missing his company. Perhaps she had grown to care for him, to some degree at least. She was sure she wasn't in love with him, though it still seemed there was something there. There was the chance he had been killed by Shaamah as well though, but in those few moments she had with him, he did seem willing and eager to be a present father to their pups. If he was alive, wouldn't he have been there by now? If he truly wanted to be a father, she would think he would be there. Unless he didn't really want to or was unable to come for whatever reason.

Even if he had wanted to be a father, it didn't necessarily mean he wanted to be with her. After all, the only sign of affection either of them had shown one another was while they had been drinking heavily after her mother's funeral. There was only ever one other who showed her any sort of affection, Greed Lykoi, and again, that was while he had been intoxicated as well. Even then, he truly didn't show her much affection, but simply said he wanted to kiss her. Nothing else really happened. It led the Hushhowl woman to begin thinking that males were only ever interested in her in such a way while intoxicated. No one had ever made any advances or attempted to court her by any means otherwise. With her position in the Hushhowl clan and with a pup of her own, she wanted to settle down, find someone who cared for her the same way her parents had cared for one another, and to eventually have more pups. It certainly seemed like the logical move for her, she was simply lacking willing suitors.

Just as that thought crossed her mind, a howl called out at Casa's borders, calling for her. Dusk felt like she recognized the voice, but couldn't quite place it. It was undeniably male, though she couldn't place a face with the voice. Seeing as she was already out on patrol around the borders, she really wasn't too far from where this person called for her. Turning Oakley around and nudging her in the right direction, the Hushhowl matriarch headed towards the voice. It didn't take too long to reach him, his scent on the breeze as she got closer. Confused as to why Greed would be there for her, she picked up the pace, knowing his earthen toned pelt would soon come into view.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Many thoughts entered and exited his mind since that night. Dusk left him confused, a feeling Greed rarely felt. He was torn, well his heart was anyways, between the women that filled it. Now, a new one entered the mix causing disarray to a normally level headed man. He didn't realize the chaos in his heart until he was faced with an entirely new option. Dusk had thrown him threw a loop. He needed to explore this and hopefully find some peace. She had invited him to her home after all.

The morning chores were done. The Order was fed and off on their own individual missions for the day. Once again, he was left at camp with only one clear path, one that lead him to Casa di Cavalieri's borders. It had been a while since he visited and he couldn't say he wasn't curious to see the place again. With a direct invitation, there were no hesitations left to be considered.

Greed dressed himself in the finest garb he had, which was a simple green tunic with some embroidery and his drop crotch pants, and prepared Aithon for the visit. Unfortunately it was not warm enough to abandon his embarrassment of a cloak back at camp, and that too was added to his attire with much disdain.

The mustang seemed excited to be going somewhere and once he was mounted, seemed to prance about like a young filly. It brought a brilliant smile to Greed's face seeing the horse light up with joy. He patted the horse's neck, encouraging his behavior. Alright, alright. You don't even know where we're going. He was met with a loud whinny and the thundering of hooves beneath him as Aithon was directed towards Casa. Here we come! Greed shouted atop the galloping horse. He carried little with him. Enenra rattled in its sheath against his hip and against Elora who never left his side. Soon, he arrived at the borders and tossed his head back to release a howl directed towards Dusk. His wavy mane rolled down his back as he howled.

It was a short wait. It seemed she was already close by and on horseback. A hand rose to scratch at the scar on his brow before it swept through his locks characteristically. He presented the woman with a toothy grin and the gentlemanly dip of his head, but he did not bother to dismount his horse. There was a slight confusion about Dusk's face and for a moment he wondered if he should have even come. Maybe she didn't remember inviting him, he was quite intoxicated when she'd done so. An uneasy feeling settled in his gut, one he hadn't had since the last time he saw Lithia. Could it be...butterflies? An awkward laugh rolled off his tongue before he opened his mouth to speak. Finally dismounting Aithon as the nerves took hold of him. He offered her another bow, slowly rising to stand at full height.

I thought today would be a good time to take you up on your offer...to visit. If you're not busy with pack related duties. He continued to smile, nervously awaiting her answer. He wondered if she even remembered him at all, or the kiss she'd strategically placed on his cheek. A kiss he could feel burning the point of impact as he stood before her helplessly.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.
We still believe

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:53 am

As soon as the earthen toned male came into view, Dusk could feel the heat begin to rise to her cheeks as an odd fluttering feeling took hold of her stomach. Thinking back on that night, remembering how she had kissed him, it was almost embarrassing. She didn't even know the man yet she kissed his cheek. Sure, it was just a small token of affection, but without the booze currently in her system, she was unsure it was a good idea. She had a young pup at home after all and it was already clear that she didn't make the best decisions while drinking. Thank Fenris drinking was such a rare occurrence for the Hushhowl woman.

Seeing as the two toned fae was unsure what Greed thought of her little kiss, she tried to push it out of her mind for the moment. She bowed her head in greeting, just as he had, and slid off of Oakley, still a little confused as to why he was here. Dusk didn't have to wonder for long though, as the man quickly spoke up, stating that it seemed a good day to visit so long as she wasn't busy. Mismatched eyes met pools of liquid fire as she spoke, her features void of emotion as she tried to hide just how nervous she felt in that moment. N-no, I'm just finishing up with my patrol. Did she really just stutter? She hadn't ever done such a thing before. Why did this man's presence make her feel so odd? It was just one little drunken kiss, nothing really. I can show you to the den if you'd like? Night will be home, I'm sure she'd love to see you. Ugh what was this feeling? She had to lower her gaze for fear that he might be able to see just how he was effecting her. Mismatched eyes moved to her own horse, patting the side of the beasts neck as she spoke, keeping her eyes on Oakley. It won't take too long to get there on horseback, just a short trip.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Dusk had little more to offer him than the bow of her head in response to him. She dismounted her horse so that they stood eye level with each other. The confusion disappeared behind sky and gold pools when Greed stated why he'd come. After that, it was hard to tell what she was thinking or how she felt about his arrival at her borders. This made him even more uneasy, so much so that his hand brushed through his locks yet again in a nervous tick.

Still, it was not hard to hide behind his smile, a facade so carefully practiced it was now second nature. When she spoke, it seemed to sooth him just a little. Maybe it was because she broke the tension in the air, or maybe it was because of the stutter that made him think she might have felt the same way. Either way, his smile shifted from a grin into a cool charming smirk. His ivory daggers disappeared behind dark earthen lips and a huff of air rushed through his chilled nostrils. With it, went some of the nerves that irritated his gut.

Greed's smile widened at the mention of Night. He hadn't seen her for longer than he cared to admit. Dusk telling him she was doing well in the time they spent apart did ease his guilt, but seeing her would more or less deplete it. I'd love to see her too. The Quill's brow furrowed together at the mention of a den. Did they not live in the castle with all the other Cavaliers? Den? Now I'm curious. The more he talked to her, the less nervous he became.

Well, I'm ready if you are. I'm excited to see the pack lands. It's been too long. His smirk widened into a bright smile as he pulled himself back onto Aithon's saddle. The horse walked himself in a circle, waiting for Dusk to lead the way.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 am

The two toned fae wasn't sure why she felt this way, attempting to bury her nerves so Greed might not notice. Still, the stutter ruined any chance she had at hiding her unease, something her companion quickly seemed to pick up on with a smirk on his face. She tried to brush it off as best she could, mentioning Night in hopes his focus may move off of her.

Greed's excitement certainly seemed to increase at the mention of her dark pelted sister, his smile widening greatly. He voiced his interest in seeing her sister before a look of confusion crossed his features. With everything else on her mind, Dusk had forgotten that she hadn't mentioned her family didn't reside within the fort. There were too many of us to fit comfortably in one of the rooms in the fort, so we built a den for all of us not too far from the fort. It hadn't occurred to her until that moment that she hadn't spoken much about her family during their first interaction, but in all honesty, she hadn't been positive he was going to take her up on her offer to visit. It was a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

The Hushhowl matriarch nodded, climbing back up onto Oakley's saddle as she turned the beast in the right direction. Even if they traveled at a walking pace, they would still get to the den in good time, not to mention, it would give them some time to talk while sober. Thinking back on that first night, embarrassment soon flushed her face once more, nearly to the point she was sure her face was bright red. Why had she kissed him? He didn't reciprocate in any way and he didn't actually try to kiss her, just said he wanted to. That was the alcohol talking though right? Surely he didn't actually want to kiss her then. Instead, she had been the one to make a move and likely made him uncomfortable. Should she apologize? What if she did and he didn't even remember the kiss? Oh Fenris, that would be embarrassing. Gah! Why was she being so weird?! He wasn't even really here for her, he wanted to see her sister again, that was all, right?

I uh, I wanted to apologize for the other night. I don't really drink. There. That was vague enough right? If he didn't remember the kiss then he might just think she was talking about breaking down crying in front of him. She couldn't bring her eyes to meet his gaze though, keeping those mismatched orbs focused on the trail ahead of her as she led the pair of them towards home.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 am

Greed's amber hues widened with interest as Dusk began to explain more about the den and the reason behind it. The Lykoi man wasn't aware of how many Hushhowls there were. What was he walking into right now? Panic began to flood his mind as he mounted Aithon, nodding in understanding but offering nothing more than that on the subject. They were going to visit her family, a family so large they needed their own residence away from the Fort. He wasn't sure why it spiked his anxiety to think about it. Greed had been in much more socially strenuous situations than this.

The Quill inhaled sharply, cutting through the swirling thoughts in his mind. There was no need for such worries. He was a charmer, a master of words. Captivator of hearts. He would not have to try hard to win over her family, especially when he knew two Hushhowls already.

Soon, the panic washed away, disappearing behind his cool smile. As soon as Dusk was on her horse and riding into the pack lands, Greed quickened Aithon's pace to match the woman's. He grinned over at her as they walked, silent for a few moments until Dusk offered him an unexpected apology. A nervous laugh escaped Greed's maw, before he snapped it shut audibly.

A-apologize? He stuttered, nervously. His hand swept through his hair yet again. Images from that night filled his head. The most important parts were all so clear, and nearly all of them were feelings, not images. He stopped himself from following the urges he normally would indulge. His cheeks warmed as he realized she was apologizing for the kiss, the one that had thrown him through a loop. It wasn't the kiss he expected, but it was one that dizzied his head. Dusk was so gentle and reserved, so unlike any woman he courted before. He wasn't sure what made him behave differently around her, but it was something worth exploring.

No need. If anyone should be apologizing, its me. I probably should have kept walking when I saw you, considering the state I was in. Greed's face grew austere for a split second as he contemplated what that would have meant. I'm really glad I didn't though. Meeting Dusk meant facing his truths. It was an event that Fate surely intended to happen. It wasn't often Greed attributed happenings to a higher power, but lately anything seemed possible. The way she had him feeling certainly seemed like something the Gods would arrange.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:30 am

Something seemed off with Greed at the mention of her family, which greatly confused the woman. Did he only want to see Night and not the rest of her family? Though, in all honesty, she wasn't sure who all would be home at the moment. He seemed uneasy either way so she did try to offer up another option for the man. If you'd prefer, I could call for Night and see if she wants to meet us somewhere instead? The man was here to visit Night after all, it kind of made sense that he wouldn't be too keen on meeting the entire Hushhowl clan.

As the pair headed towards the den, she offered up her simple apology, unsure how he would take it. As soon as the words left her lips though, a weird laugh left his maw for just a moment before stopping abruptly. Mismatched eyes glanced over at him as he stuttered as well, a hand coming up to run though his hair for probably the third time already since he had been there. Was it a nervous tick or something?

Greed dismissed her apology, stating that he shouldn't have even stopped for her due to his intoxication. Hearing that immediately made her consider the thought that he wished he hadn't met her. The earthen toned male quickly added in that he was glad he hadn't kept walking, bringing a simple not from Dusk. I suppose you wouldn't be here to see Night again if you hadn't stopped. Mismatched eyes remained focused on the road before her, trying her best to ignore the weird, knotted feeling in her stomach. She kept telling herself that he wasn't there for her, that the things he had said the other night were simply due to the alcohol, as Greed had more or less confirmed.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:46 am

Just as the panic had dispersed naturally, Dusk chimed in with a sixth sense of sorts. Had it been that obvious that the thought of meeting her entire family was a little unnerving. It wasn't really though, it shouldn't be. There was no reason for it to be. Just as he told himself before, he would be sure to win all of their hearts. No matter how many there were. Maybe it was just the fact that he was within Casa's borders that he was unnerved. Visiting a strong pack such as this one could certainly have that effect on someone. Either way, he would not be backing down from meeting Dusk and Night's family. To do so, would be a show of cowardice and Greed was certainly no coward.

No, no. I'm curious to see where you and your family live and meet the rest of them. Maybe we can visit the Fort afterwards, it would be nice to see it again. Maybe he could slip away to the bar for a drink after meeting the Hushhowls, if he needed it. He wouldn't need it, he was sure. Still, it would be nice to partake in a drink while visiting the Cavaliers. It was one of the highlights of his first visit here after all.

Dusk didn't react the way he thought she would when he said he was glad he stopped to chat with her. This dulled his smile a bit as he turned to face forward on his horse. There was something so sad about the Hushhowl woman that he wished he could remedy. He thought he had helped her the last time they met, but it was clear there was something still wrong or missing from her life. Then, she mentioned Night again. Greed hadn't said a word about Night since coming here today, but Dusk seemed to be focused on her. Was it because she thought that's why he was here? Was it why he was here?

It took Greed a moment to think about why he really came today. It wasn't because of Night. She was doing well and if he wanted to see her and her alone, he could have called. He came for Dusk. Greed's brow furrowed together and he pushed his horse closer to Dusk's. His arm stretched out as if to touch her, but he hesitated. Hey, I'm not here to see Night. I came for you. He had to make her believe that. Sure, it would be nice to see Night but that's not why he accepted her invitation. I...I haven't been able to stop thinking about the other night. His cheeks burned hot as he spoke the words out loud. It was a straightforward approach that he rarely took with women. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Dusk. So, I came. The charming smile had since vanished. He had to be certain she knew he was telling the truth.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 am

Greed's words surprised the Hushhowl woman, enough that she even brought her steed to a sudden stop. He was there for her? Why? They had hardly even spoken much that one and only night they met, surely he wasn't that intent on coming to see her again of all people. It wasn't like she was great company anyway, so she didn't really understand why he came for her.

Mismatched eyes locked onto the earthen toned male, noticing he had pulled his horse closer to hers at some point. Once again, he seemed nervous as he admitted his inability to stop thinking about that night, reiterating that it was her he couldn't stop thinking of and the was why he was there with her now. Wide eyes stared at the man, her jaw hanging open slightly as the woman was left utterly speechless.

It made no sense to her, they really hadn't talked much and there was her little drunken kiss, but really nothing else happened. So then why was he seemingly so intent on seeing her again? She wasn't that interesting, nor did she think there was really that much for him to think about in regards to her. It just simply didn't make sense to her that someone would be interested in her.

Dusk just truly did not know how to respond or react, having just remained there speechless for a good moment and not even bothering to get her horse moving again. Why? It was the only thing that left her lips, though she already didn't know what to think of his words thus far, hearing the answer to her question likely wouldn't make her understand. The Hushhowl woman just hadn't ever been in such a situation before. Hell, she really didn't even have any close friends and now she had a male coming to visit her because he couldn't stop thinking about her? It was something she couldn't have even fathomed until that moment.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:22 am

Once again, his amber hues searched hers for answers. She seemed confused at his blatant confession, something most other women would have no problem understanding. He chose the most direct path so that there was no chance for misunderstanding, and yet here they were. Now he was confused. He seemed to always choose the wrong thing to say when it came to Dusk. It was something he was not used to.

The Hushhowl woman pulled her hose to a sudden stop, and he did the same moments later causing the hoofed beast to whinny loudly in defiance. Greed kept his eyes locked with hers, that austere expression smothered all over his face. He got no answers from her, only a wide eyed expression that told him she really was completely lost. His cheeks burned hotter as he stared at her, hoping she'd say something of substance to help him out. His jaw opened, as if he were going to embellish on his confession, but there was nothing else he could say if she didn't understand that.

Then, she asked for a further explanation and continued to look at him, almost as if she were searching for answers as well. He gazed back, speechless. He wasn't quite sure what to say now. They only spent one evening together. There were no true reasons why he couldn't stop thinking of her. It was a spark of curiosity brought on by a mixture of emotions. There were no reasons other than that.

He thought long and hard about what he was going to say next, but nothing seemed suitable enough. Well I'm not sure yet. That's why I'm here. The point is, I'm not here for Night. It will be nice to see her, but she's not the reason for my visit. Do what you will with that. You're a lot more interesting than you think you are Dusk. He told her before sending Aithon into a canter, shooting Dusk a grin before he took off ahead of her. He wasn't sure where he was going, but he figured if he kept going in this direction they'd reach her den in no time.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

Casa di Cavalieri