Speaking Freer to a Stranger

Lucia

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 pm

[[Backdated to Lucia's Casa Visit]]

Step by step the boy wandered around, bi-hued gaze reaching all over the expanse of the part of the territory that he hadn't explored yet. The steam trailed high into the sky, and in his hand his faithful stick sword was his defense against the imaginary enemies of the world. Pockets of hot water bubbled up from the ground and in each pool, he bent over and investigated. A hand in the water brought him a delightful surprise! The water was warm!? What magic is this?

Bounding around in his new battle ground, he swung his stick this way and that, enjoying the hot, sticky air in contrast to the bitter cold that threatened him on the way here. Shouting battle cries, he spun around and swiped at the nothing that was his adversary, mouthing sounds of swordplay and struck armor, until something caught his eye.

Tilting his head, he found a woman beside one of the pools of water, her feet dangling in the heated pool. Though, he couldn't say that he recognized her. Dropping his sword to his side, the stick drug against the ground as he skipped up to her,” Привет!” He greeted her with a roll of Russian, though his mind played with the thought that she might not know it,” Hiello, thiere!” Just like his father, his tongue twisted his words,” I doen't knoew yeu... Yeu niew teu hiere?” It was his attempt at friendliness, but he'd never met someone that wasn't a Cavalier before,” Yeu doen't smiell liek us.”

Last edited by Pushok on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Dark

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine
See the Light, it's blinding

Her arrival was almost silent, her greetings a quiescent motion. Never any fanfare for her, Lucia was a softly reticent figure. It was only every few moons that she made the long trek, and if not for her own reluctance to let go of the past and of those other things then maybe Lucia would have eventually chosen to relocate herself closer to her dear friends.

In spite of her loneliness, Lucia found that her long solitude would allow the press of company to easily overwhelm her. At these times she withdrew, if only for a short while because she could not deny the instinctive craving for contact. It pulsed away there besides her heart, its own stuttering beat. These lovely steaming pools were the perfect place, she had discovered quite by accident.

Dangling legs soaked up the heat, the warm water languorously sinking deeply and chasing away the chill winter's air. Muted tones struck out into the small silence about her, the Amarok princess braided long hair with quick twists and muttered gentle songs to the steaming baths.

Though Casa was a large territory, there seemed an endless people to her; And here now, came a young boy to break apart her quiet. Lucia did not grieve for it, it would come and go in waves. Curved ears twisted to catch his youthful cries of battle against enemies invisible. Lucia remembered Soris, and the sorrow in her heart twisted just a little bit more.

His voice took her back, jolting painfully in her memories; A pale, cautious man, unsure how to hunt, unable to scent. When New Dawn had been strong and whole, it was heavy fingers to grasp at her throat, stealing away her song.

"Hello there.." This must be Pushok, pale with black. Just like his father, oh these memories hurt, "No, I am not new to Casa, but new to you I think" The gentle woman smiled,

"I am a Friend of Casa. I am just visiting." Her fingers still twisted at her hair, the long, long braid was almost to completion.

"I am Lucia."

Backdated to when Lucia was in Casa | [wc — 529] template by hilli
Loners
Wolf
Jace
Luperci The sun never truly sets
SUNSHINE GIRL

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

“Hi,” A second echoed greeting chirped from his throat, youthful tones rising above the bubbling waters. The woman explained herself, a warm smile on her features and more information about who she was. Slowly, as her words continued on, he couldn't help but brighten. A friend of Casa? Visiting? She must know what the world was like outside of the territory!

How many bears were out there, exactly?

“Leuciea,” Another echo came from his throat and he wasted no time in dropping the stick where he stood, then skipping off to the edge of the pool she sat at,” A freind ov hoem iz a freind teu mie!” A splash surrounded him as he plopped his legs into the warm waters, the sudden sensation turning his chilled blood warm all the way up to his ears,” Ahhhhh,” He sighed and slouched back, his shoulders finding a stone to brace on.

“I ahm Пушок,” Stretching his arms up into the steam, he whimpered a bit before smacking his lips. It was sudden coming. He didn't realize how tired the trip out here had made him,” My Папа iz Daerkniess,” Rather than give the Russian equivalent, he opted for his common tongue name. After all, Temnota had been named after their father in their first tongue. It was just easier to introduce him that way,” Vhy yeu coem ahll dhis vhy feur? Viesiting who?” Simple questions, though it was really all about how dangerous the world was known to be. He couldn't believe this woman's mom let her come all the way to here. It must have taken almost all day to get here!

Kicking his feet back and forth, he couldn't help but mention the thought,” Seu... Vhaet viere yeu sienging?” Looking up at her through naive brows, he couldn't help but be curious about everything she was or was doing. The woman was 'exotic'. Something amazing, from beyond his home, and he wanted to absorb everything it was she did for as long as he could.

Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Dark

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 am

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine
See the Light, it's blinding

The young boy and his antics made her smile, youthfulness inherent and Lucia always did love the joyous young. Even if it did remind her too much of the things lost and the little boys who were now grown and had children and grandchildren of their own. She could not pretend that he were Eros or Harlequin, Marius or Munroe, but she could remember and hear their laughter in her ears.

He plopped himself down besides her, a stretched thing of twigs and long bones, pulled tight across forming muscle. He was the gangling stringiness of all boys at this age.

She laughed delightedly, a ringing bell-like toll, "Ahh thank you. New friends are always welcome." In time too, this little boy would grow to become a man and in this way life continued ever onward. Lucia could feel her years of life then, pressing down upon her. She was closing in to an age where she would no longer be able to bear children, she could feel this as surely as she felt the turning of winter into spring.

"I come to see friends, your father is one of them." She did not mention the deceased Hartt, who had been more of an acquaintance from her days in New Dawn, as a shy young thing the brazen other woman had quite intimidated her.

Lucia finished the single braid of hair, and brushed it back behind her ear with a graceful motion.

"I sing a song my Mama taught me when I was little, younger than you now. A very long time ago, five winters I think." Her years were blurring together, becoming one long reel of life and memory.

"Do you like to sing, Pushok?" The simpleness of youth was refreshing from the conversations of adults, his word was concise and small, she doubted he had ever gone beyond the borders of his pack. If events had not transpired as rthey hadm Lucia would have gladly stayed within the confines of New Dawn until her ending days.

Backdated to when Lucia was in Casa | [wc — 000] template by hilli
Loners
Wolf
Jace
Luperci The sun never truly sets
SUNSHINE GIRL

Casa di Cavalieri