From the moonlight

Rio

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Rozenn
Word Count → 239 :: Out of Character text

It was funny to Rozenn how light came in different colors. The sun's light was sometimes yellow, sometimes red, sometimes white. The moon was always a silvery-washed color that stained everything monochrome. And fire stained everything red. Though it had been months since that fire red had filled everything in her vision, Rozenn still found herself avoiding it as much as possible. So while her companions huddled around the large campfire for warmth, the newly found Noel amongst them, Rozenn huddled in the doorway of an open railcar.

Her long dark curls fell over her shoulders and over her breasts, tinted in shades of copper by the distant light. The purple scarf that she'd hidden like a treasure during Noel's absence was tied loosely around her neck, the folding of it created dancing shadows across her throat. As ever, she was a pretty little thing, barely over five feet tall. Even with coyote companions, she still felt dwarfed by all those around her.

From the distance though, she could pretend that she was on equal standing with them. They sat or crouched and laughed together. Noel scowled at something someone had said and there was an eruption of laughter. Rozenn giggled. She didn't have to know what had been said, she was just happy at the occasion. She just hoped it could stay this way forever. Some part of her worried that this too would only be temporary.

Gave away her soul to buy a bit of pleasure, the bitter pleasure

Template by Kitty, image by Ales Krivec.

Rozenn

The Cartel
La Serpiente
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:40 am

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

Having to remind himself how to regularly speak was a tedious, tedious task, and not one he often had to face, but looking at her, framed in the long ringlets of dark hair with the soft haze of those eyes, painted equally delicate colors in the warm and amber light of the night's fires - it was hard, and vexing. How was it that, simply by existing, Rozenn's very being spellbound him and tied his tongue?

Nazario quietly slipped alongside the railcar, still shorter than her shape while anchored on the ground so plainly, and he directed his gaze to the fire, and the reverie surrounding it.

"Y'know, ya could always join us over there," he murmured, quietly, through the choke of the cold to the woman perched in that train-car, and he folded his arms, bundling up a little tighter in his serape. Hesitant and brief, he lifted his gold coin of an eye to her, before turning it back to the laughter from the rest of the camp, and leaned his shoulders back against the rust and red of the car.

"Why d'ya hang out here, away from the fire, anyway?"

p-pretty gorl| [wc — 000] template by hilli
The Cartel
El Zorro
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 am

Rozenn
Word Count → 261 :: Roz getting real over here

Rozenn turned to her sudden, searching companion with a wry gleam in her pale purple eyes. "Ah, you see I could, but then I wouldn't get to hang out with a loner like you, now would I?"

Rozenn didn't know the golden eyed coyote very well. She'd not really made a point to. For all her boisterousness and liveliness, Rozenn too lived on the outskirts of their ragtag gang. Her relationships with everyone were shallow, fleeting. They were meaningless. All except for Noel and Larka. Noel was her reluctant best friend. Larka… was a mystery that needed solving.

Nazario finally drew close, leaning against the wall of the railcar alongside her. Rozenn's lavender gaze returned to the peals of laughter and gleam of smiling teeth. Noel was nursing something in a flask when an enthusiastic storyteller knocked it out of his hands. The look of distress brought a smile to the girl's face that was quickly extinguished by Rio's question. Momentarily, she searched his yellow eyes for ulterior motive, for sinister reasoning. When nothing was forthcoming, she looked to his feet.

"I was set on fire by the woman who kidnapped Noel."

It was murmured quietly enough for only the two of them to hear. Roz wasn't really one for secrets, but the source of her fear wasn't something she wanted broadcasted to their band of coyotes. For those coming from Inferni, fire seemed to be in their blood. They painted themselves in its ashes and danced with the flickering light. They saw something beautiful. Rozenn wished she had that luxury.

Rozenn

The Cartel
La Serpiente
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:00 pm

Nazario appreciated the candid nature which Rozenn seemed so ready to approach with things, watching her with the gold-melt of his eye while she watched the others by the firelight, enjoying their festivities. Somewhere over there, he could hear Briar's deep, feminine voice chastizing someone, followed by a whine of a sound that was likely the recipient of an ear-grab from the medic.

Despite the little world the coyotes had built, there subsisted an even tinier one, where they could share private conversation. He grimaced a little at her words, and he licked over his lips.

"Oh," he had started, dumbly, and rubbed his fingers through the bristly comb of his hackles, before he blew air past his lips. "I... Wasn't aware of that, I'm sorry."

The culture of Ceniza Valley was instilled deep in the del Bosque boy, and he was suddenly overcome with his empathy, though he crept over to hop up and take a seat on the ledge of the open rail car, and he looked back to her again after taking a brief detour to his feet. "Do ya wanna talk about it?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
The Cartel
El Zorro
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Rozenn
Word Count → 198 :: OOC

Rozenn shrugged off the awkward atmosphere she'd brought to their cozy little party. "I don't talk about it often so I wouldn't expect you to." She hummed softly before finally turning around to him, turning her shoulder to their companions in the distance.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt." She jerked a thumb to Noel. "One day he grabbed a necklace from some psycho in a bar. He went out one day and I got snagged by her and her man. She set me on fire for Noel's thieving and then kidnapped him. You've seen his injuries. There's not much more to tell." She had no burn scars, no injuries from her encounter. She'd been saved in the nick of time by her own mother, but Noel hadn't been quite so lucky.

Roz smiled softly at Rio, setting a hand on his knee. "Thank you for your concern though." The girl didn't like pity or sympathy from anyone, least of all over something she'd been powerless to stop. She squeezed gently before letting her hand fall back to her side. "So how about you tell me something about yourself that I wouldn't know, hmm? A story for a story?"

Rozenn

The Cartel
La Serpiente
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:41 am

She had phrased it, so cut and dry, detached; though he made no comment on it further. Everyone coped in their own way. Some coped better than others - his eyes lingered over the gathered, makeshift family he'd tried to keep cobbled together by the firelight, catching sight of his brother and uncle ribbing one another only to be intercepted by a stern-faced Briarblack, come to ruin their fun.

"Ain't no shortage of psychos out there," he merely answered - Nazario had gotten his answer, quick and plain, and came away a little wiser for it. He returned his gaze to her, uttering a soft 'no problem' to her thanks, before his lips split into a dry grin, almost cheeky in its delivery.

"Somethin' about myself?" he had started, before he laughed softly. "Is that yer kind way of maybe askin' 'bout the eye?"

It usually was.

"Was young-- well, younger, dumber, too, if ya could believe that." Claws raked against the scruffy coat lining his jaw. "War jus' broke out, thought I'd get up to some vigilante justice, but that shit don't work out so well. 'Specially when y'don't plan ahead for it at all. Got shot, too, but that came later."

He grinned, conspiratorial, almost. "Y'wanna share more stories?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
The Cartel
El Zorro
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Rozenn
Word Count → 206 :: OOC

Girlish giggles erupted from Roz without hesitation. "Was it that obvious?" He'd had the eye patch for longer than Rozenn had known him, but no one had yet divulged to her why he'd needed one. "I was trying to be subtle."

Roz raised a single eyebrow, her lavender eyes agleam with mischief. "Where'd you get shot, Nazario? Got any scars to show for it?"

Though he was clearly a well-built, handsome coyote, Rozenn found that she felt little to no attraction to him. It was curious. She'd been told by her mother when she was younger that men and women paired for offspring. Her mother had said that one day, she too would feel the urge to mate with a man, whether she loved him or not. Same-sex pairings were for pleasure alone.

But Rozenn had yet to feel the urge to procreate with a man. Only pleasure for women. For now at least. She wasn't about to burn any bridges she didn't have to.

"Well, I suppose one or two more stories wouldn't hurt while the night is young. What did you have in mind, my dashing vagabond? Shall we talk about our childhoods, our passions, our regrets? Or maybe our dreams, even?"

Rozenn

The Cartel
La Serpiente
Kris
Luperci

Western Forefront