It's not easy having yourself a good time

For Nazario/Boone

POSTED: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:02 pm

All things truly wicked start from Innocence

It pained Dahlia to have to make her choice much sooner than she would have wanted. She wanted to spend just a little more time with Eden and Evelyn before she would have to leave, but this was an emergency.

Spitfire moved along the trail, Spirit following along behind with his lead rope. The cheasnut carried all of her belongings, though she had been going at a slower pace than she would have liked. Though it seemed the stallion was getting used to being with her, and allowing her to at least be on her back without bucking her off, it was safe to say that she was still not very confident when it came to her riding skills. If there was the chance that she was being followed... well, she dared not to think what might happen.

Green gaze turned up towards the sky. Night had already settled into the sky as she came close to where the Cartel gathered. There was still the short distance to make it to the camp, and it was clear that the horse was getting tired of walking for so long. One hand moved down to it's neck, "We're almost there. Just a short bit more and then we'll stop."

Spitfire seemed to cooperate, and good thing too. She could not imagine doing this when the stallion had his temper flared.

As the light of the camp came into view, the gray coyote was quick to dismount, guiding the two horses over towards the camp. She attached a lead rope to Spitfire, tying him to a nearby tree, but given enough room to at least move around some. She still couldn't trust him enough to be left on his own. Spirit was much easier to lend that trust in.

Her feet carried her into the camp, worry covering her face as she looked around. Everyone seemed to be alright, which meant she was able to make it her before anyone else. She was quick to make her way across the camp, two individuals sticking out to her, "Nazario. Boone. I need to talk to you right now."

Takes place the evening after this thread. +300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena
LuperciChaos Star You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:59 am

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

Like the tide, she came and went, ebbed and flowed from the Cartel to Salsola, and back - and each time, Nazario worried for the impending storm.

It was no secret that he'd been anticipating her arrival, so soon, after her last.

Dahlia rushed over, tense, and kept her gait stiff-legged in an almost attempt of calm, and Nazario drank in the details of the de le Poer's movements, the tick of her green eyes and tense manner of her speech, when he pushed up from his perch on a log rolled over to the dead crackling embers of their fire, and intercepted the woman's pathway. Briarblack, who had been tucked quiet away into a rail car, peeked out, her refined, little ears perked high, but she stayed put while the bristling del Bosque squared his shoulders and regarded the other coyote warily.

"What's been done?" he prompted curtly, fearing the worst, and that gold eye slipped past her, to her horse, and to the quiet trail beyond, that tail of his going rigid while whiskers prickled out around his lips. Accusing, his eye found her face again.

"Who knows?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Community Soul Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 am

Do not cry out or hit the alarm
You know we're friends till we die

Things had been quiet for a while -- a deep unsettling silence settled into camp after Dahlia's last visit. Boone Lykoi wasn't one for omens, but an air of dread lingered in the back of his head. He wondered what horrors Nazario saw painted in the flames. Terrible things, thought Boone, for his half-brother had always been a serious man, but not without warmth. However, lately, he had turned into ice.

The fire cracked and Boone waited for the next disaster to befall their people.

It came from the east. Daliah rode into camp astride her horse, possessions strapped to the beast's back. It was clear that she had come to the Cartel with the intention of never returning to Salsola. Boone started to rise from his place by the fire, yet he froze when he saw the urgency in her expression as she dismounted. Something had gone wrong. Shit.

She walked with purpose. Nazario met her first, believing his fears confirmed. Boone followed behind and stood by his brother. He was more wary to cast blame -- yet... "Shit," muttered Boone, shaking his head. Urgent eyes searched Dahlia's face for any detail he could ascertain. What did Salsola know?

OOC HERE.
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
(Online)
Ryan
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Dahlia knew this was not a conversation that either one of them was going to be looking forward too. Nazario had been on her long before the pups had snuck into her bags to see her coming to the Cartel, but now to have seen them in the middle of their camp as well as now the news she was going to be sharing with them would not do any more favors to that image. There was no way around it though.

Someone in Salsola knew about her, and the only thing that could be done now was to make sure that they moved from this place to somewhere safer, covering their tracks behind them.

Green gaze moved over to the one-eyed male as he spoke up. At first, he had only questioned what happened, but he was quick to put the pieces together, rather asking who it was that knew about all of this. Ears pulled back to this. She knew that it was Julius who knew about her at least in some form knowing she was going further out than normal from Salsola, and his pestering had been enough push to make her leave.

Even with Salsola suspicious of each other, no risks could be taken about this. She was already suspicious with her inabillity to let got of her Inferni blood. She belonged here, not there.

Her head shook gently, "Someone in Salsola knows I've been coming out here. Right now, their all in a crisis with each other. One of their high ranked members was burned, but we can't take any risks. If someone is following, the Cartel will have to move." Her head soon focused on Nazario, "Unless you would rather just kick me out and not deal with me.

No doubt the thought had crossed the Zorro's mind. He hadn't liked her for a long time, even though no one was going to understand. Anyone from Inferni hated her for joining Salsola, even though it had been to watch over her sister and her family.. and everyone in Salsola hated her for her coyote and Inferni blood. Was anyone even going to be able to let it go? Maybe Boone could vouch for her.. but then again.. maybe he didn't trust her either.

+300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:14 pm

So someone knew - someone knew, as he had expected, it was only a matter of time, when this had happened, and Nazario roughly carded his fingers through his cropped hair, pulling it back from his face in exasperation. They were distracted, she said -

This was still managable. Dahlia mentioned kicking her out, and a series of hisses strung out through his bared teeth while he waved off the notion.

"No, no, no," he murmured sharply, his eye looking about while he milled and churned over his thoughts. "Yer Inferni."

Fingers scratched, scratched, scratched at his face, thoughts falling into place, pearls on the string of the necklace. Even if she were a rat? Dahlia was negligent - that much was evident now, but she wouldn't cross the Cartel. "We can salvage this."

His voice was resolute, before he grabbed Boone's arm. Briarblack stirred at the commotion, looking perplexed as she slowly tested the boundaries of this terse conversation, and moved closer.

"What's going on?" the medic asked, slow, testing, before Nazario turned to her, quickly, and pointed to the camp. He left no room for dissent, no room for questioning when his voice came to answer her firmly. "Get everyone, pack everythin', we gotta move - Boone,"

His gold eye turned to his brother, and fingers squeezed at a shoulder. "Y'gotta go warn Santiago an' the others, see if they'll come north." The turn of his gaze was slow as the release of his brother's arm while he reappraised the rosy-gray de le Poer. "And you, stick to me like sap. If there's even a thought 'bout crossin', us, mark my words..."

His voice died in threat, tongue tense with its caustic drip.

"Make no mistake, you'll wish those snakes kept ya."

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Community Soul Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Do not cry out or hit the alarm
You know we're friends till we die

Once family, always family. Boone valued loyalty above all else. Despite his better judgement, Boone trusted Dahlia to prove to whom she kept her allegiance. His fondness for Dahlia aside, he took to her story with logical thought. If she had planned to to sic Salsola on the Cartel, she never would have come in the first place. They would have been met with warriors and death instead -- not a warning.

Boone nodded in silent agreement. It was time to move, and if Salsola was in internal turmoil, the coyote clan could use the chaos to their benefit and slip into the unknown without a trace.

The other's in camp seemed to pick up on the tension. Briarblack made her approach, and as Boone quickly turned back to steal a glance at the coyotes gathered round the fire, he could see uncle John straining his neck to get a better look at the commotion. Meanwhile, Nazario, flexing his leaderboi muscles, divvied out his orders.

Boone took his in stride. "I'll go now," said Boone. The Posse's camp was a short ride away. However, before returning to camp to mount his horse, Boone stepped toward Dahlia and whispered, "I'm glad you're here, Dahl."

With that, the coywolf turned away to mount his horse and ride for the Posse.

OOC HERE.
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
(Online)
Ryan
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Part of her was certain that Nazario was going to deny her entry to the Cartel right then and there, even with all the times she had come to spend time with them, to try and help them, and risking everything, he would turn her away simply because of her sister's poor choices. It really wasn't fair. Yes, she messed up, but to be turned away from those of her own former clan because of her actions that were focused on family? She sure was doing a lot better than their own sister was now wasn't she?

But the relief that washed over her when she had been accepted was immense. Of course, it wasn't without it's own restrictions. Nazario had taken the opportunity to dish out the commands, making sure that everyone would be ready to make the move to somewhere more to the north. Boone had been tasked with gathering the other coyotes near by to make the move along with them.

And of course, now he came to her. Lips curled up to show her teeth, giving a low growl, "You have nothing to worry about Nazario. You know the only reason I was staying there in the first place. If I wanted to rat you out, I wouldn't have come here to warn you about them knowing your location in the first place."

Green eyes moved up, her snarl lowering down to a smile as Boone passed her. It was nice to be among those where she truly belonged once again. Padding back over to her horses, she paced over to Briarblack, speaking with her, "I don't have many belongings. If we need some more assistance with carrying things, Spirit and Spitfire can carry more."

We can probably go ahead and wrap this up. 300 words.

Dahlia de le Poer

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Salena

POSTED: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Dahlia pushed her luck, and with it, Nazario's patience.

Her choices had been made. All their choices were - and at the baring of her teeth, impetuous and needle-thin, his ears folded back, and the del Bosque bristled, heightening his already large stature while she offered back vitriol to what he considered well-founded suspicion.

None of them could see it.

Decisions changed all the time, didn't they? Allegiances shifted, family be damned. Vicira taught him that. Redtooth, Merari, too. Blood, or pact, it meant nothing. At her reaction, his own lips curled back tight over his pale teeth, the molten gold of his eye swallowing the pinning of his pupil as it widened.

"Don't you dare pull that shit now," Nazario uttered, his voice a metallic hiss, roiling and older than it had any right to be. His fingers clenched against his palms, holding the tremors like reigns. He hadn't known violence to be his nature, and it was an ugly feeling. "We're moving because of you."

The crowd broke after that, and Briarblack had gathered her things, collapsed tents, pushed around a weight to urge everyone else into action when Dahlia had come to her, and the dark coyote, colored like a swath of nighttime sky in the din, came to rest her hand on the girl's arm.

"Thank you - we'll need a little help carrying things."

Sounds good <:| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Community Soul Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

Dead Topics