[M] You never heard me promise you this

[When the Tide comes in]

POSTED: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:47 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Set March 20th
let me face my fears

Kalypso left her sister behind, ignoring the warnings and suggestions both the Majordomo and Chambelain gave her. She ignored them, put on her stern face, and told them that she would need to go alone, as she figured that whoever it as had a point to make. A point to make to her directly. They took her daughters and Cidro, a boy that looked close enough to almost be considered a child of hers, a boy that fit the bill for her third child. Isadore had run to find Skoll, and it all just cascaded down the chain of command. The whispers would start soon but the Reine did not care.

Some assholes had her children.

She grit her teeth and came only lightly armed as she left her sister and father's friend behind her, with orders only to come if she did not appear within a few hours. They lingered, unhappy, but Kalypso hoped they trusted her choice at that moment, because she sure did not feel confident in it herself.

The sound of knives and cracking knuckles met her when she appeared at their most recent camp, a roaring fire lit as a blatant signal to them. Her eyes roved over the gathering, a mixture of races, with plenty of variation in the gazes that went her way. Some were blank, some were uncaring, some were cold, some were angry, some were curious. Then there was the trio of terrified children that looked to her as they were pulled forward, tied at the hands by ropes, and Cidro looking decidedly worse for the wear. Her daughters were unharmed if somewhat ragged looking.

Her brows furrowed at them, concern flooding her face as she started to take a step toward her children. A hand grabbed at her upper arm and she jerked violently, glaring at the man who grappled her. His eyes were somehow familiar to her but she did not know him. A growl threatened in her voice when a whimper from one of her daughters silenced her, and her eyes shot from the man to her offspring.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:01 pm

That bitch came as expected, unattended, as she had hoped. A note had been dropped at the borders and clearly it had been read diligently, for the woman had only a scant pair of knives on her. There was no murderous sword, the thing that had severed her love's head once before.

Andalusia took in the woman at last, remember that the last time she had set her eyes on the pretty girl had been two years prior. The girl had become a woman and matured into her God-given curves, already a sight more tempting than the thin thing she had been before. Santiago would have been even more eager if he had encountered this dangerous woman the way she stood before her now. Her heart felt cold at the thought, pushing it away and replacing the thought with the more comforting notion of his martyrdom instead.

Matias grabbed her arm and Lusia took the opportunity to pull forward the darker girl from the trio with Barry holding onto the other two with a lazy stance. She gripped the girl roughly by the hands, dragging her and making her stumble. Eulalie, they had said in the darkness in hushed whispers, but Lusia heard it all. She knew their names, she knew their relation, and she knew that the boy was not the bitch's son, but he was important enough that she kept a tight leash on him nonetheless, turning a somewhat blind eye to the actions of Barracuda the night previous.

You've come, finally. Kalypso's eyes widened in recognition, but she was not pleased to see her, that much was clear. A hard look crossed that woman's face and she jerked her arm out of Matias's grasp. I have something of yours, to repay the favor you did to us, so many years ago, she said, coldly, flatly, as her brother moved between them, within reaching distance of the Court's Queen so as to intervene.

--

La Marea
Tempest
Gen
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:26 pm

--

The man did not try to grab her arm again, something that Kalypso was very grateful for. She did not know how much she could tolerate before she lashed out at him and his touching, risking her children's lives. Cidro was not of her flesh but he was still family. They were all family, and she would not let them further hurt them.

A favor she had paid the woman? How cold of her to speak so. Kalypso's face twisted into derision. I suppose, then, you approved of him dallying with a young girl. And I'm the villain here? she thought harshly, struggling to comprehend where this sort of thought was coming from. What did Andalusia think? That was her name, she slowly brought forward. Two years she spent burying those memories and she was forced to relive them again.

Let my children go, they have no part in this farce, this issue you have with me. She waved at them, even as the woman was pulling forward her eldest daughter. The whites of her eyes were showing as her eyes darted about but her hands were firmly secured by the woman's stern grip. They are innocent so leave them be. Kalypso was Queen and she would not beg, not so easily.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Lusia's laughter was cold, derisive, and sharp. It was a solitary bark of a laugh, as though the joke were just so funny even if there was no punchline to speak of. Matias smirked, goaded on by his sister's sharpness, but he relaxed somewhat as the Courtier Queen did not move forward to lunge toward him, his sister, or the trio of brats. Barry relaxed as well in his gripping of the other two, amused with everyone else whose eyes were on the stranger in their midst.

They are as much a part of this as my brother is a part of it. Lusia jerked her chin toward her brother, the gaggle of mercenaries and others, to the children. A smile graced her face but it was as cold and frozen as the arctic winters. There was no warmth or affection in her at all, something that had been burned out of her the moment she had seen her lover's blood coating the floorboards.

No amount of sun would penetrate bones forever frozen.

You made me suffer, and so, I will make you suffer tenfold. When the moon begins to fade, before it is half, we will come to end the rest of what you have accumulated. She tilted her head somewhat with more than a few promises of violence in her gaze. She promised that she would make the woman watch as her world unraveled, watch as those around her were hurt to compensate for mistakes and pain caused to others. Andalusia wanted her to watch as people understood that they suffered because of their Queen's mistakes.

You are not dead now because I want you to feel as I feel, to experience the suffering through every bone in your body. Her lips pulled back as she tugged hard on the restraints between her fingers, a violent jerking that sent Eulalie tumbling to her knees and chest. Dirt, pebbles, and sticks scratched her palms and her hair tangled as she struggled to get upright. Fingers looped through her hair and roughly pulled her head up, making the girl whimper with hands unable to do anything as Lusia deftly tightened the loops on her hand, pulling the girl's hands more uncomfortably to the side.

She kept her gaze on the tropical woman, cold but not unfeeling for the first time in forever. For the first time, in so long, she could feel her heart beating. Excitement, she realized, as she let go of the girl's hair. Eulalie's head dropped instantly and her shoulders quaked as she hid her eyes behind a short curtain of hair. Then, the girl screamed and her back arched as Andalusia ran a knife along her back, down one side so as to avoid the spine. The smell of blood began to fill the air as little beads bubbled at random intervals along the angry red line.

--

La Marea
Tempest
Gen
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 pm

--

Her daughter's scream echoed through almost as sharply as though that knife had pierced her own back, rather than just Eulalie's. The sudden shock, fear, and pain in the young girl's face sent hot fire into Kalypso's chest as she finally lunged forward before the echo of the screaming could even stop. The smell of blood was just too much for the mother to bear as she watched her daughter's flesh be violated.

Stiff, strong hands grabbed her on both sides, two pairs for each arm. The one who was called Andalusia's brother on one side, and a tall, hulking man on the other. She did not look at either man, knowing there would be no sympathy toward her at all. They were in league with the woman whose eyes felt like icicles at the height of winter. If she could have, Kalypso figured the woman would have pierced her twice over with those eyes.

Kalypso let a whimper escape her as she watched Eulalie shake, sobbing wretchedly with her head facing down. Lusia continued to smile as she stepped to the other side, carefully adjusting the rope keeping the girl tied. She trailed that knife across Eulalie's shoulders, only parting the fur rather than scratching.

The screams rend the air again and Kalypso felt the pain her chest with a heart ready to break as her eldest daughter cried like a banshee and her skin was marked by the devil's knife.

No, no, no, Eulalie, no, she whispered in rapid succession, feeling the tears prickling at her own eyes. The men forced her down to her knees and one of them looped his fingers through her own long hair and made a fist with her locks. His breath was warm on his ear as he told her she would not be able to look away. But Kalypso couldn't look away. She failed her child, how could she look away?

Her eyes flickered back to Cidro and Athalie. The rope that kept the boy captive was still firmly in Barry's hands, but the one that was connected to Athalie was drooping further and further until it slipped out of the man's hands. His face was full of sadistic glee as he watched the spectacle. Her younger daughter quietly turned and started to slip away as focus was off of her.

Kalypso shot her eyes back to Eulalie, hoping that it would be enough to let her younger girl get away.

Please God, let her get away.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:22 pm

The first time Bennett saw the woman who had murdered his mother, his impression of her was already warped. This had occurred long before he made the decision to cross the rocky bridge south and chase after a group of brigands whose very purpose was as simple and unformed as his own. Revenge felt very basic and very powerful. In his heart Bennett grappled with greater philisophical questions.

He did not stay with them, not really. They moved often and he was not a participant in the raids they carried out or the violence already inflicted. Instead he helped them in other ways – providing food and other assistance. Things didn't feel terribly real to him, even when the dogs laughed about the terrible things they were doing and told him all about such horrors.

When he had found them again, they had hostages.

The girls were younger than he expected. They had been frightened. Some part of his moral compass warned him this was terribly cruel, but these were her children, and this was what justice was meant to be like.

Kalypso Savoy had the curves of motherhood and a great deal of pretty jewelry. The Court she had stolen had fed and clothed her well. She was not as wicked as his imagination had led him to think she might look, but the longer he glowered at her from his place among the rabble, the more apparent all these hateful ideas in him began to alter his vision.

He could overlook whatever violence the gang's leader was doing to that screaming girl because he wasn't looking at her – he was looking at the Queen.

It was a brief thing, what gave away her daughter's daring escape, and Bennett saw it only because he had been trained to look. Her eyes turned, and Bennett followed them – the boy in the dress was still there, but the other girl was running.

He didn't think to cry out. He didn't think too much at all.

Stepping away to better his position, Bennett shrugged his bow from his shoulder and drew an arrow from the quiver hanging low against his back. He positioned it, took a breath, exhaled.

This was a person. A kid.

The daughter of an enemy.

How better a way to kill someone's heart?

Bennett fired the arrow.

when the wind blows, the grass bends
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Mel
Luperci
anger is a gift
dig two graves

Seabreeze Brink