I'd bow my head, and welcome them

POSTED: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:04 pm

(+300)

Please allow Hydra to post with Kaeli first. Ossidael is traveling with another one of Ankh's kids, Saint.

Now was the time.

The timing of his sister's appearance was interesting to say the least, as well as the matter that was left to discuss with him. It would be a topic to bring back up, as it left some rather disturbing unfinished business. Someone was going to pay for what they had done.

Golden eyes moved over to the hound male, gathering the last of their belongings. There wasn't much to their small camp, and little could have been brought from the land of his home. His wealth would amass in time, just as it seemed to with his sister. It made him seethe to think that he would have to keep his thoughts on women to himself, though being the cold man that he was, perhaps it would just come out anyways.

The hound soon joined the copper jackal, just in time to get a face full of his exhaled smoke. There didn't seem to be a time when the shorter of the two was without his fix. It was no wonder that his voice was as raspy as it was. He must have been doing this for a long time, and that bag of his almost seemed endless with his own stocks. Saint scoffed as one hand moved up, blowing the smoke away as he took the lead, leaving Ossidael to deal with the horses they were about to offer up.

It didn't take the pair long to come to the borders, the lines of fresh thistle greeting their nostrils. Golden eyes moved to their corners, burrowing on the hound at his side, which caused Saint to be the one to release a howl. He had no idea how a jackal could manage to freak him out by barely doing anything at all.

It was just as the copper one expected out of those around him.

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:51 pm

When Kaeli sniffed out the opportunity she took it. The man had Salsolan blood running through his veins, he as well as his companion. That may have sufficed by itself. A connection to two of the residing families was already a tempting bargain but he proved himself worth a little more. He could fight, and most importantly he could kill. Whether he could be polished into an asset for the Kingdom or end up becoming an utter failure was yet to be seen .Kaeli was ready to take the gamble.

A promise was made and the Henchwoman returned to the Kingdom to conduct her affairs as normal while the man got ready to present himself and his offering to the leadership.

She still recalled the fateful day when she had approached the borders as an Outsider to never again return to the Wilderness as one. She had faced the golden tigress then, yet now Salvia had retired from the throne and it was the cardinal eyed woman who was in charge of running the show. The Thistle Kingdom was no longer what it had once been and the threat of a conflictive and uncertain future loomed over them. Only the Queen and her right hand could stop the impending Chaos by earning the respect and fear they hadn’t achieved with a bloodless ascension to power.

For the time being Kaeli only watched and waited. Whatever happened next she cared only for Salsola’s survival. They would endure and move on, with or without their pretty Boss.

She heard the call during her daily patrol so it took her only a short period of time to arrive at the scene. Her eyes narrowed critically at the pair and the horses she knew would be their offering. ”I told the leadership about your coming and vouched for your trustworthiness. Now it is all up to you.” Finding no reason to delay the process with meaningless pleasantries she just cut to the chase and lifted her muzzle to request the presence of the leadership. Towering about the younger men she waited, arms crossed and a stern expression falling naturally over her face.
Salsola
The Henchman
Hydra
Luperci Cavalleria

POSTED: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Word Count → ??? :: ---

The Blacksun woman had a unique song, deeper and more baritone than what was ordinarily feminine. This was to be expected, considering Kaeli was by no standards an ordinary woman.

With the kingdom on high alert and the people full of high-strung electricity, Elphaba did not dally and went straight to the source.

She rode the grey mare because it was faster, and because of the advantages that being mounted provided - a lofty vantage point from which to survey the unusual scene. The large form of the Henchman was familiar and somewhat welcome. Kaeli's daughter had joined the proper flock only recently, allowing the queen one more string to attach to her web of alliances. After all, no good deed went unpunished in the realm of Salsola.

The two men were Outsiders, and this made them dangerous.

Elphaba's horse drew neatly to a halt. It was an obedient creature, well fed and valuable. It was only one example of the kingdom's keen fascination with quality horseflesh.

The fact that the strangers had horses, too, did not escape the queen's attention.

She made a wordless gesture for Kaeli to join her on the right side of the border.

"Who are you," Elphie demanded of the pointy-faced jackal with the golden eyes, whose posture seemed the more authoritative of the two, "And why do you dare approach my land?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:30 pm

(+300)

OOC here

It didn't take long for the dark woman to make her appearance once again, the same one the jackal found himself fighting alongside before shortly making his way here. She still held herself tall and proud. It made him disgusted at the thought. Were all the women here like this? It's no wonder his sister would come to such a place then. Tired of the life any woman she have in their life, she came to a place that would offer her something more.

His own inner thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of another woman. She too was dark, though pale faced and had a red glare much like his sister had. There was only one conclusion of who this was, and it sickened him even more. Leadership. That was the word that had been used. It meant there was more than one leader, otherwise the Henchmen would have just started she informed her 'leader' of the two males' coming.

To think that he would have to bend backwards to gain access to this place under the eyes of a woman leader.

Still, he was not stupid. The copper jackal showed no outward emotion, nor display to her demands. Saint seemed a bit more on edge, but it was probably just him not being used to standing near those of powerful stance. Even so, how disappointed, and satisfying it felt to know that this leader had not been informed about who he was or what he was doing here. Useless woman.

Taking an inhale of his smoke, he exhaled, letting the smoke swirl around him, "It's a shame to see you are not as informed as I was assured you would be." He paused before picking back up, "Ossidael Lykoi. I understand this place has given my sister a home, and I would like to see fit to making it mine as well." Golden gaze shifted to the other male. He couldn't very well stand there in silence, and it was clear the jackal was not going to introduce him, "I'm Saint D'Aabt. I'm with him."

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:06 am

When Elphaba came atop her steed showing the bearings of someone of royal blood Kaeli didn’t hesitate to dip her head respectfully. Salsola was home to great and powerful women, it was they who drove the game of power and fought the most vicious battles inside and outside their home. All and any who didn’t agree with this empowerment of their females would have to know to keep its mouth shut otherwise Elphaba’s condemning words would be heard and the large Henchman would promptly carry on the according punishment.

Ossidael was playing with fire the second he didn’t introduce himself with a reverence and a courteous ‘your Grace’. As amused as Kaeli was by this display of bravado, having put her own name on the line for this Outsider she was forced to correct his mistakes before they ruined this chance for a new alliance. She lifted her hackles and showed teeth in a silent threat, standing beside her Queen like a guard dog. ”Notifying Salsola of your arrival is the reason why the Queen is here willing to have an audience with you instead of our scouts who I assure you would have been less gracious in their approach.”

Her voice remained impassive and deadly cold, much more controlled than her physical display of protective behaviour which came to her naturally in the presence of her superior.

She turned toward her monarch and dark lips veiled dangerous teeth instantly. Her eyes were apologetic even if the rest of her face remained a stoic mask as she spoke. ”This man aided me in dealing with a band of Outsiders that saw fit to ignore my warnings and attacked me instead. I believe he is worthy of consideration.” She knew Elphaba would see the reasoning behind this choice. The aged warrior owed a debt for the man’s help and now she was paying him with this favour.

If nothing more was asked of her she would fall silent and remain vigilant of the surrounding Wilderness and the dangers that lurked beyond. It was written in her posture and in the lines of her face. Elphaba’s life belonged to Salsola. No Outsider would bring harm to her so long as she was under the Blacksun’s protection. Kaeli had sworn an oath.
Salsola
The Henchman
Hydra
Luperci Cavalleria

POSTED: Sun May 05, 2019 5:25 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

She kept her stare on the small man, watching as the smoke curled out of his nostrils with the same irreverent nonchalance as the cut of his gold eyes. Amusement stirred in the queen's stomach, though it did not reach her expression. "You are nobody, Outsider. I care not to be informed on your existence until it is of interest to me. Do you know how many nameless loners come seeking our borders?" Her head canted to one side, and there was a promise of violence to the way she smiled.

"Many. Many little ants. Not so many walk away again."

At her side, Kaeli was a bristling wall of muscle. While it would have been amusing to watch the giant shewolf pick the little jackal's bones out from between her teeth, Elphaba held trust that there were other reasons the Blacksun woman had delivered these two loners unto her - A fact the aging warrior confirmed with her own story, softly and swiftly given.

This was of greater interest to the queen - the jackal had fought alongside her Henchman?

She appeared to consider this a moment, before returning the heady cochineal weight of her stare to the newcomers.

"You mentioned a sister," She struggled to see a resemblance between him and any of her people, but his being a jackal narrowed the options greatly. Being that he was no Kaiser, Khael seemed the only viable link. "If Salsola is her home, why is she not here to sing your praises?"

Sharp as a dagger, her gaze slashed between the two men. "And you, D'Aabt," Another familial name - blood was important, "Does your family know that you have come home?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2019 12:02 pm

(+400)

OOC here

Those golden eyes peered into both the women before him, barely giving any movement as they shifted from one to the other. It was easy to see just how much this place would have shaped his sister away from the teachings of home, and what was in for him as a product of the same upbringing. These women held themselves higher than him, more than capable of doing the things he himself could do.

Still, he wanted this.

Their threats fell on near deaf ears. It wasn't that he hadn't picked up on what either one of them were suggesting to him, but rather that they believed their power alone would be enough. Saint was no talker, prefering to talk, at least when he wasn't hanging around with the jackal. Words could only get someone so far. The smoke enveloped around the man, considering what choice of words to give in accordance to this situation.

Though in the end he chose to remain silent. He was not nobody. He was something far greater than any of them could ever imagine. They would be bowing to him if they knew of his godly history.

Emotionless gaze focused back more on the leader, Kaeli now choosing the time to vouch for him despite the words she had offered him earlier. Another lie. Typical.

But then another matter came up, and that was the mention of his sister. The pale faced woman gave no name, though he too saw no need to mention Khael by name. Both siblings behaved in a similar manner, and anyone could put together whom he was refering to, especially if she was meant to know everyone that was beneath her. He gave another calm inhale and exhale of smoke, "She is not fond of me, nor our family."

What matter was there of going into more detail? There served no greater purpose, and no doubt the two women before him would be keen on listening to him ramble about what their life roles should be.

Saint had been relatively quiet, which was strange for someone that liked to talk, pull pranks, and generally had a good mood around others. Power was intimidating, and guess this was the first time he had ever felt something around him. Still, he straightened himself up, giving a small shrug of his shoulders, "I don't think they do. I've spent most of my time with our mother. I think I saw my father and sister in passing, but didn't get a chance to speak to them."

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 am

Word Count → ??? :: Salena mentioned that you were happy to be skipped, Hydra, so I figured I'd post again! <3

One eyebrow raised at the jackal's response, but she gave no other outward indication of her thoughts. If Khael was not fond of this man - who claimed to be her brother - or indeed the whole of her ancestral blood, that was her secret to keep. As with all Outsiders, it had become unimportant the day she joined the true Family, the flock of Salsola.

Still, it would intrigue Elphaba to no end to have the opportunity to see into that woman's inky depths, if even for a moment.

Perhaps it would be a good thing to have her brother around after all.

It was easier to decide about the D'Aabt man, whose disposition was unmistakably less haughty than that of his companion. Ankh had welcomed Narcissa back into his life, and Elphaba presumed it would be the same for this wayward son.

"What have you brought, to prove yourself worthy of all the riches my kingdom commands? What skills make you valuable enough to be considered?" The gift was customary, and the queen did not doubt that dutiful Kaeli would have instructed these men on the proper way of things.

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Sun May 12, 2019 11:38 pm

(+300)

OOC here

There was a silence that hung in the air from all parties. Finally, something that he had nothing bad to say about the current situation. The Henchman, as she had been addressed as, was standing off to the side, allowing him and the pale-faced woman to speak with one another. She allowed his words to process in her mind, though spoke nothing of it. She must have known of the dark woman he spoke of, and perhaps that was the reason for her silence.

Ossidael remained in his better judgement. Her kingdom. More sickening evidence of what this place was really about, and what was to be expected. No one here was going to like his way of life, nor listen to how they were expected to live. A fact he would have to learn fast, but never give up on his own true beliefs.

Giving a small tug on the lead rope, the horses inched closer to the woman before him. Hand stretched out towards her, "These are what I have brought. Spoils of our encounter."

He had known they would come of high price to a kingdom of wealth like this one. They would have a place here rather than roaming wildly without some form of purpose... much like himself. Still in his movements, one hand barely fell to rest along his unique weapon, "I can fight, and I can tame. Beasts like these are not always so docile." The challenge was open up to him, and he had surpassed it back home. Such a chance would not arise here unless there was a horse that no one here could not tame.

Perhaps.. in time.. such an opportunity would come up. Until then, all she could do was take his word for what it was.

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Welcome to Salsola

Welcome to Salsola! As a new member of the pack, you're ranked as an Associate. We strongly encourage you to read over the Ranks area of our website for further information about your rank, promotions, and other relevant things.

As a new member, why not:

• Start plotting with your fellow members -- start or join an Open Thread on Salsola territory.
  • Figure out if your character wants the Cotona ritual to take place, and where on their body they'd like the scar.
  • Figure out which of the Jobs you'd like and let the leadership know which you're considering.
  • Check out our pack game and start earning points! You can claim a residence in the the Ruins after 50 points in the pack game (note: residences outside this area is free).
  • Add yourself to our Directory, and please remember to add your character's animal companions to our Stables! See Salsola Maintenance for further information.
  • Familiarize yourself with the pack's leaders and make sure you contact one of us if you encounter any sort of difficulty or require any assistance. You can send us a Private Messages or post to the Salsola Maintenance thread.
Salsola
OOC Account
Mel & Alaine

Salsola