Certain Skills Speak the Heart

Aldora - Nat

POSTED: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:43 am

Picking at his claws with his other fingers, Pushok padded through Casa's core seeking out a familiar face. The fort walls were high around him. They were eternal and safe. By his birth and his youth he took them for granted. This was the place where all Cavaliers came to be, to work, and to do their part for Casa in any way they knew how. Pushok, on the other hand, was weary from training in the aspects of the body. His mind, however, wondered, about the training of other things.

He'd been reminded about the words Lucia spoke. About how she knew his mother and what she had to say. It was all, very, very kind, and it built a strength In his heart for who his mother was from an opinion that wasn't of his father. To be fair, the man worshiped the ground that she had walked on, much more, was buried on. Lucia, on the other hand, was an outsider, and still had nothing but great things to say. It was inspiring, as was her voice when she came to song.

It was well known enough that Aldora, the brotherhood member that wasn't only a tactician and an archer, also had a mastery of her own voice that Pushok might be able to learn a thing or two from. Hiking himself up on the fountain and covering his eyes with a dark fingered palm, he narrowed his eyes to survey as far as he could see. Maybe, if she was free today, she could give him something of a lesson, or even just some tips to help him with notes that he couldn't reach, or keep for a time. Of course, there was certainly more to it than that, but he'd have to hit the basics before he could even think about perfecting a skill like that. Not just everyone could sing, he as finding out. He'd asked Darkness for some pointers and boy was that a nightmare!

Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Dark

POSTED: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:52 pm

only those who listen may hear the call

Cinzia was so close, so close. Aldora would have to keep an eye on her; it would be any day now that she would go into labor. The Lionheart was beyond excited to see what the foal would look like, and also for her steed to finally be relieved of her long burden, so that she could fly again.

Aldora was coming back from the stables, a halter in her hand that was very worse for wear; she was going to take it to Leoris in his shop to see if he could mend it. Halters were in short supply, especially here in Casa where there were so many horses; they were worn out easily and quickly.

Halfway through the square, she saw a figure near the fountain; it was Pushok, one of Hartt’s last sons. She smiled, and waved at him, and then, seeing the look on his face when he spotted her, figured she might as well go say hello.

Far off, still over the ocean, a thunderstorm threatened, the sound of low drums rolled over the Fort walls; it would be some time until it reached them, here the sun still shined.

Aldora went to sit on the cool, slightly damp edge of the fountain, which was flowing now. The trickling, watery sounds were very pleasant; the entire Fort was alive with sound now that it was spring.

Hello, Pushok! She said brightly.

OOC || +0

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat
Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

POSTED: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Much to his surprise, rather than taking the rest of the day searching for the woman, she just happened to appear from the direction of the stables. Her smile and her wave brought brilliance into Pushok's expression, and he waved back,” Ahldora!” He chimed out, and was thrilled that she started making her way over to him. It didn't take her long to find a seat next to him, his tail fluffing behind him with excitement,” Hiello, Lionhaert Ahldora!”

“Ahre yeu doeing viell?” The question was sweet and innocent enough, but the look on his face wasn't hiding anything at all. He was delighted to have her here and for her to hopefully have the time to spend with him,“ I waes woundering if yeu haed soemthing? I doen't knoew if it viell taek loeng, dhough,” While he wasn't the best at common tongue, it was becoming clear that he was developing an accent far different from his father's pure Russian lilt, especially with the influences of the Cavaliers around him and the Svinka which he spoke as well.

“I haerd dhat yeu coeuld sing rielly viell? Cahn yeu... Cahn yeu show me? Cahn yeu taech me teu?” As he continued, his voice moved from a sure fire confidence to something a little less so. Admitting he didn't know how to do something was very unlike him, but he was more than willing to admit it for the sake of learning everything he could about it,” I heard soemohne sing, ahnd I rielly vhant teu be geud at it, teu! Me ahn' Temnota sing, beut.... It soeunds... noet as geud.”

Crossing his legs at his ankles he looked down at his feet for a moment. Working to use a sword was certainly an easier method of training than anything he managed to muster up for singing. His voice didn't sound much better, no matter how much he used it, but truth be told, he was comparing unskilled ability with a master's perfection. While he could sing, and very well so, his voice didn't have the instruction it took, nor did he know the proper ways to use it or train it for growth in the skill.

Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Dark

POSTED: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:02 pm

only those who listen may hear the call

Pushok was a bright eyed youth, just out of pup-hood, with a sweet Russian accent. He'd grow out of it eventually, it was extremely thick right now; she wondered if Ovidiu might like to come converse with him sometime (the big cat did not get to speak his native-tongue often, and had been surprised to learn the Hushhowl clan spoke it).

She smiled at him, I am doing very well, thank you for asking, Pushok. Very polite young man. His next words, while she had to pay very close attention to understand, came as a surprise to her. Her lavender eyes widened with glee and she slapped her hands on her lap, Well, now, I could certainly help you learn how to sing better! But let me hear something first, so I can see what we can improve on. He seemed shy to ask, and she could understand why.

As Aldora had gotten older, and fallen more into a mentorship roll to the younger generation, she realized that there seemed to be a stigma in Casa against those who did not want to fight. She first noticed it with Arlen, in a fashion; he was much more interested in his animals then his rapier. Rumpa had brought the feeling completely out into the open, and even Theodora, an adult, seemed challenged to focus on physical abilities rather than her plants.

The Lionheart did not want anyone in the pack to feel they didn't have worth, just because they would rather pick up an instrument than a sword, or study rather than train in the ring.

OOC || +0

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat
Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

Casa di Cavalieri