her room is painted heron blue

Through the Valley Event

POSTED: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:17 pm

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

It was duties like this that transported him back to that summer, the warm buzz of hot air while Fang had come to him, bristling, with her yellowing teeth and punishment for the pranks he had pulled on her. The garden's soil had been soft, and the work grueling under the sun, but it was an oddly fond memory.

Finding places to dig holes - it seemed such a silly job, but it was for a good cause. They'd all come so far; such was cause for celebration, at least a little. Nazario hadn't known his company well, but they were from the Posse - likely new, and thus, these impressions were all the more important.

"What 'bout here?" Nazario pointed to the beach, sandy enough to break ground on, placed between each of their respective turfs - it seemed as good a place as any. For good measure, he stabbed the crude, rusty spade into the ground, and looked over to his company.

"Also, I ah, sorry, I don't think I got yer names jus' yet. 'M Rio," he started, flashing the most disarming smile he could muster to his company, and trying not to seem overly foolish. "You boys like it there, with th' posse?"

Through the Valley| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Community Soul Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:32 pm

“This looks like a good spot, I think,” Auger agreed with a nod. Auger wasn’t sure how exactly he and Notch had gotten roped into this job. He suspected Notch had something to do with it since, despite his appearance, Notch was no stranger to hard work. At least they weren’t going to be digging holes in dirt, apparently. Sand was far easier.

“I’m Auger,” he said, and then nodded to his much smaller companion, who was standing next to him with a hand on Auger’s lower back. “This is Notch.” Notch waved with his free hand. He came up to about Auger’s shoulder, just barely, and he was much thinner overall. He was wirey, rather than skinny, and stronger than he looked. “It’s going well so far.” There were a few members that he was not too sure about, but maybe once they all got used to each other, things would calm down.

“How many holes do we have to dig?” Notch asked, ready to get to work. He stepped forward, rubbing his hands together. Auger figured that the sooner they got started, the sooner they could be done since there was probably more important things they could be doing. He definitely was not about to say that aloud, though.
Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Myst
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm

peel the scars from off my back, I don't need them anymore

Attentions flickered between the small group he traveled with uncertain on just where they were going for the task assigned to them. But the coydog asked no questions, simply content to trail alongside his company despite not knowing any of them all that well. Or rather, not at all. These boys but strangers to him as he was to them though he supposed this was supposed to help with that.

Claws curled into the soft sands as paces came to slow, further questions flooding his mind over the selected location. Just what was it they were diggin’ for? Jackdaw couldn’t imagine sand was all that good to plant something in but perhaps they were here for another purpose entirely. Still he finds his voice laced in light reservation, “Looks, uh, good I suppose. If’n we’re just gonna be diggin’.”

To be honest the hound wasn’t certain what to expect when he had agreed to come on this venture. Content to his relative silence as he fidgeted with his own bestowed tool. Merely looking on as the heavily coyote blooded man jabbed a spade into the earth. Only for focus to dash between those gathered as names fell from their lips.

Jack’s own chiming in when opportunity came. “Names Jackdaw but uh, you can just call me, um, call me Jack.” His own grin offered even if it did make him appear a bit dopey. “The posse it’s, uh, it’s alright. Can’t complain, no, can’t complain at all.” It provided company even if the only member of that particular company known at the time was Santiago.

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Cipher

POSTED: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:21 pm

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

The Posse had gathered up some agreeable folks - then again, he'd expected nothing less, knowing Santiago for what he was. Sure, he was a conman, a huckster, but beneath all the grime and guile and scars, he was a charming man, and though there were holes in his smile, it still persisted. Nazario wondered how he'd done it - how he'd remained optimistic in the face of adversity. Even more so, he wondered how he found like-minded people.

The wily coyote that was Auger's companion - Notch, asked about the holes, and Nazario loosed a soft and noiseless laugh.

"Just th' one, but it's gotta be wide enough to support a bonfire." His gold eye cut away to the tall, blunt-nosed man with the floppy ears, who stumbled softly on his words, as though he were thinking, oh so carefully, to what his tongue wove. Perhaps a little too hard. The del Bosque smiled to him regardless, and clapped his hand against Jackdaw's shoulder.

"Well, it's good t' meet ya, Jack, Auger, Notch -" He cleared his throat, before going to push his borrowed spade into the sand a little further, literally and proverbially breaking ground. "Let's get t' work then!"

He'd maybe gotten four or so scoops of sand chucked aside, before a scent, soft and faint, drifted towards the four digging their hole on the beach, and Nazario gave pause, standing up straight and twitching his nose in it's direction. Unfamiliar with it, he narrowed his eye, and wet his lips, catching sight further down the beach of fabric, twisting and coiling on a breeze.

"... Does that belong t' anyone back at yer camp, boys?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Community Soul Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 am

Auger found that sometimes he liked to dig holes. His mother used to laugh at him when he was a puppy because their camp would be all pockmarked by the time they were leaving, and sometimes it was just for an overnight stay to give everyone the chance to rest. Since then, he had largely grown out of it, but sometimes... sometimes he just wanted to dig.

The longer they stood on the beach looking at the spot they were going to dig, the more Auger’s hands began to itch with the desire to get going. His previous annoyance at having to do this job faded away and he started to dig, wishing that he could be doing this on four paws. There was something about sending dirt flying backwards that he liked. Several scoops in, Rio stopped digging, so Auger forced himself to stop as well. Auger heard Notch stifle a laugh when his shoulders tensed and he turned to look at the other canine. Then the scent broke through the gotta dig haze that had taken over his brain.

Since Rio was looking down the beach, Auger followed his gaze and frowned as his eyes caught on the fabric. He glanced at Notch who was already looking back at him. Notch shrugged while sidling closer to Auger. Something certainly did not smell right.

“I don’t recognize it,” Auger said to Rio. “Do you?” He asked Notch, who shook his head.

“Me neither, but I guess it could still belong to someone? I feel like we would have smelled that though if it was in our camp.”
Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Myst
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 pm

peel the scars from off my back, I don't need them anymore

Drooped ears perked at the mention of a bonfire, so that’s why they had come out this way to dig a pit. That wasn’t a bad task he supposed better than sitting around doing nothing but mope or shy away from some of the more forward members of the Posse. A short start jolted through his body as a hand clapped against his shoulder, blue-gray gaze darted to the offending appendage before relaxation steadily took him over once more.

It hadn’t hurt at all merely taken him by surprise and now done nothing but embarrass him. A silent hope replayed in his thoughts that none would pay it any mind even though he was certain at least the golden eyed man would notice the jump of his hide from friendly touch. Words stumbled over themselves in agreement as attentions finally found the coyote’s visage once more, “Nice t’, uh, meet ya too Rio.”

Silently eyes regarded those few of the Posse that moved with them though it seemed they were all too eager to get to digging and in time Jackdaw followed suit. Movements a bit slow but still they held purpose in his efforts to help out. Or at least they did until the shovels of his current companions began to slow and in time stop completely. Steadily his own followed the same tune before following each of their gazes.

Nose crinkled as he focused in on the smell, it was completely unknown to him. It didn’t smell anything like what he had come to know as the Drygrass Posse and it differed from the subtle aromas which radiated from their eye patched friend. Jack’s voice was soft as it rose, “Doesn’t smell like anythin’ I know.” This was something else entirely though still hopeful gaze shifted to rest on Nazario, “I’m guessin’ it, uh, don’t belong to one of yer group either?”

It was a foolish notion to even hope for a positive response seein’ as how it was this man that had pointed it out in the first place. The very thought only bringing that ever persistent worry back to the forefront of his mind as hands wrung tightly about the spade’s makeshift handle. His heart sinking with each heavy thrum in those passing moments for if none recognized it, who had put it there? Breath a near whisper as his voice falls, “What do ya think it means?”

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Cipher

Northern Tides