Be Careful Who You Make Memories With

Larka | Devil's Kettle

POSTED: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Outside the dawn is breaking, But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

Lyssa stared at the roaring waterfall, with a tan coydog seated beside her. Larka also seemed lost within the magnificence of the waterfall, watching the water cascade over the edge. The water dropped, dropped, dropped... and then disappeared right down a gaping hole. Where did the water go exactly? It was said that the hole leads straight to Hell, but Lyssa wasn't convinced. Hell already existed, and it was not here at the Devil's Kettle. It could be found late at night after the dark took over, deep within her mind. Lyssa looked deep into the hole, trying desperately to see the bottom, to no avail. Instead of fear, this placed filled her with girlish excitement. The powerful flow of the falls mixed with the danger of the bottomless pit stirred something within her. It made her feel powerful and dangerous just being near it.

Lyssa opened her wine skin filled with moonshine. She took a short swig, the liquid burning down her throat. She wasn't a fan of the taste, but everyone assured her she would get used to it. Her eyes watered, and a small cough escaped as she tried to control the fire within her. Normally she didn't drink, but today felt particularly rough. Larka's presence helped, but she felt she needed a something a little extra to take the edge off. Finally Lyssa broke the silence between them. "Larka, I have a question s'il vous plait". The moonshine had already begun to go to her head, thickening her French accent. The read and brown coyote flopped onto her back wistfully. After a moment, she continued, "How do you know... How do you find... a partner? You know, like a lover?" Lyssa did not have the courage to look Larka in the eyes to ask the question. Instead she looked up at the blue sky and watched the clouds roll by.

Without waiting for an answer, Lyssa held out the wine skin in Larka's direction. Lyssa could not see her reaction to her question. Instead she listened to the roar of the waterfall, hoping to drown out the sounds of her own thoughts.

Last edited by Lyssa Fontaine on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Wed May 15, 2019 10:12 am

Word Count → +400 :: Thanks for starting this! I'm excited for it <3

It was the laughter, clear and care-free that brought her to Lyssa’s side. She was younger than Larka, and her eyes still danced with life. Lyssa had been teetering too close for the former slave’s comfort when she arrived. Initially, she assumed the other had fallen prey to the recklessness of youth until she caught the other’s scent. The girl was drunk! Wide amber eyes searched about the falls for a companion, but found none. The newcomer had succumbed to two unhealthy bedfellows alone; drink and danger.

Putting aside the questions of how and who, Larka focused her attentions on the inebriated youngster. If she could just get her to sit a little further away… The gleam in Lyssa’s eyes and open mouth stopped her, however. Red-tipped ears folded back against the roaring of the water as it crashed over itself and flowed downwards. “Why did you come here, Lyssa? It is not safe.” She had to raise her voice against the noise, her voice tight in her throat. This place was dangerous; did Lyssa not know the waterfall’s name?

Larka turned her head to Lyssa as she smelt alcohol coming from a water-skin. Her brows furrowed as she watched the girl take a short pull from it, and the reaction to its contents. From the liquid pooling in the other’s eyes it was either too strong for her tastes or she was inexperienced. Larka hoped it was the latter. Her stomach tightened at the thought of telling the others. They needed to know, but as she was about to voice her concern Lyssa spoke.

She had not noticed the other’s accent before. It pained Larka’s heart to hear that drugged tone coming from the young girl’s mouth. It served to further twist the knife of guilt that dug into her sides. Lyssa slumped onto her back in the grass, a thoughtful expression crossing her features. The coydog waited patiently for the other to ask her questions, adjusting her position as she sat cross-legged. Lyssa’s question, when it did come forth, had the woman rock forwards.

The girl would not look at her. Lyssa’s eyes instead fixed skyward while she held the water-skin for her to take. Larka’s muzzle wrinkled, yet she took the container without question. Her thoughts whirled inside her skull, as scattered as the waters that surrounded them. She tried to shift her body so that the stone in her chest would not chafe against her insides. “A... lover? Has someone tried to… Have they taken an interest in you? Or you in them?”

Art by Nat

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas (NPC)
Ketsuki

POSTED: Fri May 17, 2019 2:17 pm

While Larka was also in awe of the waterfall, it was clear that Lyssa was making her uncomfortable by being to close to the edge. When the fiery coyote had flopped down, she had made sure to so in a location father away from the edge to ease the worries of her companion. The woman only seemed partly invested in Lyssa's question, but she had responded non the less. Too inebriated to comment of the woman's shifty behaviour, Lyssa answered her returned question instead. That was much easier for her cloudy brain to focus on.

"Any interested in me? Not that I am aware of ma chérie." The drunk woman plucked a nearby flower an examined it. It was bright and full of life, bursting with a sweet scent. She stroked its soft petals with her tingly fingers. She thought of the other men of the Cartel: Mostly moody and quite. Sure they were handsome enough, but how do you know what makes a good partner? "And no, I am not interested in anyone. it's just.... I see some of the canines paired up and I wonder... what is that like?" She looked at Larka then, her golden eyes looking deep into hers out of curiosity.

She knew Larka often spent time with John, though she did not know what their relationship was. She wondered what it was like to be close enough to someone to share a tent, to lie next to one another late at night. Lyssa felt her cheeks burn hot; She must have had too much to drink. The fiery coyote looked down at her hands to discover she had crushed the flower she was holding.

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

POSTED: Mon May 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Word Count → +000 ::

She sighed with relief at Lyssa’s response. It seemed to confirm that nothing untoward was going on. The former slave had to wonder though; was it her place to report such behaviour to the other members of The Cartel? If she were to pursue that action, it could sour the budding relationship between the two. Larka would shoulder that burden if it prevented the girl from being mistreated, however.

The drunken girl plucked a flower, oblivious to the thoughts occupying her companion’s mind. Larka glanced at Lyssa, her own hands pinching into the skin of her knees. The girl seemed lost in a trance as she stroked the petals, the brightness in her eyes dimming. The copper-haired woman tipped her head to one side as she considered Lyssa’s words. She met the other’s sunflower-hued gaze briefly, before casting her eyes down.

“Well…” Larka wet her lips, wondering where to begin. “I may not be the right Luperci to ask such questions, miss.” The emotions that the girl spoke of were alien. Forbidden. “I will try.” She had been taught to serve others, and at such a tender age that perhaps she could never escape such conditioning. The fair hybrid drew her knees toward her chest, and encircled her arms around her legs.

“Canines pair up for different reasons, Lyssa. Sometimes it is because they care about each other, and sometimes it is because the act feels good to them.” Amber eyes blazed, and her ears folded against her skull. Larka swallowed down the unpleasant sensation that wormed its way along her throat. “I did not-do not, enjoy lying with men. But perhaps… it will be different for you.” The fair woman dared herself to look at Lyssa. She seemed flustered, focused on the flower she had plucked moments before. “Oh,” Larka gasped softly. “Your flower...Lyssa dear, are you feeling ok?”

Art by Nat

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas (NPC)
Ketsuki

POSTED: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:19 pm

The tan woman's expression was not something Lyssa was prepared for. For some reason, when talking about love, her faced scrunched up in disgust. Even if she was sober, Lyssa would not have been able to comprehend the feelings that had just been shared. Lyssa rolled over onto her stomach to look at Larka. Some canines did not enjoy laying with others? Her thoughts moved slowly, wading through her alcohol soaked memories. She had always assumed that having a partner would make her feel happier; Someone to share her troubles with. But apparently this woman had many negative feelings about it. Her brow furrowed in confusion.

At Larka's mention of the flower, the drunk coyote looked down at her hands again. Her fingers were slightly sticky from crushing the flower, some residual pieces still holding on lightly. Lyssa's stomach churned, making her feel sick. Her thoughts swam around in confusing clouds, and her cheeks burned up hot. Suddenly what had been a pleasant smell turned sickly sweet. She wiped her hand hastily on her thighs. If she smelled it any more, she feared she would lose her lunch.

Lyssa got off her roiling stomach and pushed herself into a seated position. While her stomach felt better, her head went fuzzy. "Merde. Perhaps this's why I was warned not t' drink too quickly." Lyssa slurred. When were words finally registered in her mind, she laughed out loud at her own drunkenness. "Looks like 'made a mistake. 'M not much offa drinker." Lyssa gave up on holding herself up, and fell backwards again. Hopefully she wasn't making herself look too stupid. " I'm sorry 'm such a mess."

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

Dead Topics