Re: The violations were strong enough to break steel

[p. Kamari]

POSTED: Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 am

--

Krios wished he had a bottle in his hand or even one tucked away in his sleeping furs. He wished that he could drown himself in the stuff to make his mind forget that everything had happened and that he had been forced to watch and participate in the destruction of his own family. He wanted to forget it. In that moment he understood all too well why his father had done what he had with the Outsider. He understood why Lokr sought love from someone who was not made of the thistles that grew from Salsolan hearts. He understood that his father was free and his children were not.

Krios felt like throwing up, most of all. It gurgled in his stomach, mixing with the revulsion of reality,.

She told him to go to bed. He made a noise of disgust, looking at his wife with that torn sensation of love and despair. She had buried herself in the heart of the thicket, safe from everyone's reach, and even he would not risk destroying his hands to reach her in that barbed prison she willingly ensconced herself in.

I don't need your help. If you don't trust me why should I trust you? Something in the Inquisitor broke harder than he wanted, and he could feel the weight of the grief crushing him down. His words were sharp despite the slurring. Why don't you go off on another 'mission' with O'Riley. He wiggled his fingers in the air in wobbly quotation marks. He made another noise of distaste, eyes getting colder. You're just like everyone else. His heart was aching.

Krios turned unsteadily toward his room, thinking that she had mentioned his uncle. At least Brocade felt more genuine than most. Hell, he felt more genuine than his own damn wife. He stumbled past the chair, kicking it in the process and grumbling, but he did not turn to ask her for her help. He did not want it.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Inquisitor
Gen
Vedetto, Milite Mate to Kamari
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun May 12, 2019 12:21 pm

(+300)

He was unhappy with her, she knew. But what did he expect? He returned home late at night, completely drunk, probably having stumbled all the way from Amherst in his stupor, making a fool of himself for any to see that might have been on patrol or otherwise. He stank of another woman and acted like it was nothing, that she was overreacting. In his drunken state, he kept trying to claim that he loved her, but it was something sober Krios had never indicated.

What did he want her to say? Did he want her to lie to him? To tell him she loved him back just to placate his drunkenness? She wasn’t like the highborns, playing games and doing things for political gain and prowess. She had never wanted this, their marriage. She had been content to be his friend, and she had been forced to pretend to be something more. She had accepted out of duty to the Crown and for the honor of her family.

This was a sacrifice she had made, but she would not lie to Krios. Little as she knew about love or romance, she cared about him enough to not want to hurt him with a terrible lie that would play too close to his heart.

His words were filled with bitterness and hurt, and she rounded on him, trying to snatch him by the arm as he tried to stumble towards his room. Fire flared in her chest and in her eyes as she glared at him with bared teeth. “What the hell is that supposed to mean, Krios?” She snarled. What was wrong with him? And what did O’Riley have to do with any of this? Was Krios really that drunk to have fallen to such a state?

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Moderator Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Sun May 12, 2019 12:44 pm

--

As Krios turned toward his room, he felt her hand cling to his arm and jerk him off balance. He lurched and stumbled, but managed to stay upright as his wife turned her anger on him. He could feel the warm of her touch on his wrist and he felt the agony that it stirred. How was he supposed to feel? React? He was starved for the touch of affection and love, something that Kamari never gave him. He had to be content with the familial love of his grandmother and the half-siblings that cared for him.

That warm touch turned far too hot and the Inquisitor yanked his arm out of her grasp, towering over her with all the bulk he could manage. He was drunk and far less intimidating in that state, but he was far taller than her. His heart just hurt and he wanted nothing more than to curl up with a bowl of water in his lap.

What the hell do you think it means? he countered, his voice rising without meaning it to. Emotion and passion rose freely within his chest, unbridled by drink. It was loosed through him, all those fears that he had successfully buried with trust and understanding.

You don't think I wouldn't be suspicious when you disappear for long stretches of time with him? Do you think I'm that stupid? Krios started to growl somewhat, forcing the urge to grab his wife back down into the darkness within. He would never put a hand on her, not like that. He was not that sort of man. You tell me to trust you and you don't trust me? That's protec- projecting. He struggled with the words in his anger.

He leaned toward her, alcohol heavy on his breath but his eyes were no longer kind. What are you hiding from me? Because you don't trust me. I know you don't. You clearly don't! he started shouting, waving his hand at her, standing there. You don't understand goddamn anything, Kamari. You're so damn stuck in the stupid politics around us, so eager to be a part of this.. this.. bog of a kingdom that you're just.. so.. you're so goddamn stupid. He waved his hands in the air before the sensation of roiling in his stomach overtook him.

Krios lurched to the nearby chair, clutching it with a hand as the other went to his maw and his eyes shut. He took a moment and then swallowed a rattling breath. God, Elphaba knew how to keep on hurting me. Lokr was the smartest one, leaving this place. He missed his mother.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun May 12, 2019 4:21 pm

(+644)

He yanked his hand from her grasp and moved to stand over her, an act that might have been intimidating had he not been Krios and had Kamari not been who she was. She glared up at him in that dark room, every muscle in her body tense and ready to lash out, to attack, to defend herself. Krios may have been her friend, may have been there for her when she had battled that poison, when she had nearly died at the fangs and knife of his aunt, but he was no exception.

His words lashed out at her in his building anger, and she pushed right back. “O’Riley and I have been partners long before Elphaba ever promised me to you, Krios!” She snarled, her hackles raising. “What he and I do on our missions is strictly business, and always has been, and it’s always been for the betterment of this Kingdom!” Oh, she wanted to hit him. She wanted to slap him, bring him to his senses. Sober Krios was so much more reasonable, and he didn’t reek of booze, smoke, some bar whore. “I have never let him touch me, just like I’ve never let you!”

Her hands curled into fists, her claws digging in her palms. “You’re a man, that’s why I don’t trust you. We aren’t sexually involved, and men have a tendency of wandering when their needs aren’t met.” Her father had warned her time and time again. And her mother’s life before her servitude under Lokr was proof that men thought with their second head. It was why Kamari disguised herself when she left the borders. “You’ve taken a girl from there before, what’s to stop you again? You’re young, handsome, and are a highborn, you could sweep any girl you wanted off their feet.” He could have had anyone, and he had been shackled to her.

Cornflower blue eyes watched him from where he stood near the chair he was using for support. “I have nothing to hide from you, Krios.” She hissed. You are the one that doesn’t understand a goddamn thing. I’m trying not to hurt you. I have supported you, I have defended you, protected your honor, have been loyal to you, because I value you and our friendship.” She seethed. “Do you want me to lie to you? Is that it? Do you want me to say I love your drunk fucking ass back when I don’t mean it? Do you want me to pretend to be your doting wife? I have been nothing but honest with you, Krios. I will not pretend to be someone I’m not, not with you! Why can’t you just accept that?”

She took a few breaths, trying to calm her fast-beating heart. Her eyes were cold as they watched him in the darkness though, the fire still burning in her soul. “I didn’t hunt Delfina down and almost die twice for the sake of politics or to be accepted by the highborns of this Kingdom. I did it so that you and your family could have closure and vengeance for your mother.”

Kamari turned and moved towards the table, snatching the knife from where she had placed it and securing the sheath to her belt. She paced over to the hooks by the door, taking off her tattered cloak and securing it to her shoulders. She had to leave. She couldn’t be there with him. Not like how he was. She would only get angrier. “I care about you Krios, but do not force me to give you what I cannot.” She glanced at him before opening the door. “Go to bed and get some sleep. I won’t be back for a while.”

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 pm

--

He just glared right back at her, as much as a nearly cross-eyed drunk possibly could. He merely nodded along with as much sarcasm that would eek out of the pores on his face. He wanted to drip with it even as the stench about him suggested he was a giant moron on alcohol. He would have believed her sober, too, which was just the worst. Drunk him let the fears, warranted or not, take over, and it made him a fool.

A girl before we were promised, you heartless chit, he countered loudly, mirroring her own words as he swayed.

Krios had not touched a single hair on any other woman's head since they had been promised to one another by their Boss. He had thought about it and being just like every other two-faced couple in the Kingdom, but he would not and could not do it to his intended and the honor that would be dragged down with them if such a shameful thing became public. Then he fell in love and it was almost unbearable to even think of other women. And it was unbearable to think of his wife.

He swallowed his revulsion, not at her words but at the drink that swirled in his belly and mixed with stomach bile. I haven't asked you to do anything. His eyes felt tired, burning, as though he would just cry at any moment, but he refused to do it in front of Kamari as she hurled knife after knife into his heart. He did not want to admit how grateful he was for her and how terrified he had been she would die for his family's closure.

The Inquisitor was just so drunkenly furious. He glared, glared, glared at her, as she went to her cloak. As always, she ran. Leave, like always. Like everyone else. Always leaving. His voice quavered but he kept it together long enough for his face to fall and his nails to draw visible scratch marks in the back of the chair. I wouldn't force you to do anything, I never would. I couldn't, he said softly, looking away, unable to watch his wife disappear into the night.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 pm

(+379)

His words spoken in their drunken slur only angered her more. It took everything in her to not lash out at him physically, to remind herself that he was drunk, and men did stupid things when they were under the influence. Even still, it stung, his words, more than she cared to admit that they did. Because as much as she wanted to believe that delusion that it was the alcohol talking, as a spy, Kamari knew full well that the drink also had a tendency to loosen tongues…to bring out the truth.

He had already stated twice that he loved her. And, now, that she was heartless?

She needed to leave, to clear her head.

Krios looked tired as he reminded her that he had never asked her to do anything. And he was right. He had never asked her to go after his aunt. He had never asked her to defend him or his honor. He had never asked her to be loyal to him. He had never asked her to do anything a male might of their female counterpart.

A calmer Kamari might have been supportive or reassured him, but, all she felt was anger, frustration, confusion, and hurt, and she wanted to be rid of the pressure that she had suddenly found herself under since he had walked in through the front door. She couldn’t stay there. Not with what had been spoken between them and with him being in his drunk state.

As she turned to leave, he threw his final words at her back. His voice had a trembling edge to it, something usually found in someone that was breaking. He had tried to reach out to her; he was hurting on the inside, and a better person would have stayed when he needed them most. Their relationship had always had its bumps and bruises, but, she just…she couldn’t.

Why was he always drunk [M] when these things happened?

Kamari looked away from him, her brows furrowing as she stared at the starlit ground beyond their home. “Remember to pour yourself a cup of water before you go to bed.”

He was right.

“I will be back when the sun rises.”

She was heartless.

The door closed behind her softly.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks