[M]Baited By The Lakeside

Lyssa

POSTED: Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC: Mature for language and graphic animal death.

IC: The cool water was nice and refreshing as it poured lightly down the red woman's throat. After a long day's ride she was growing sore and tired and her mind was turning to thoughts of heading back towards the occupied camp she'd only just begun to grow familiar with. It hadn't been but a day since she'd been graced with the shelter of the Posse. The idea of actually settling down again with any particular group still felt strange to the Mercedes gal, but she was growing bored of the loner's life. She wanted more than just wondering what lie over the next hill. When she'd get her next drink, next fuck, next meal. It was always about moving, and never feeling like you belonged. Granted, her heart was nomadic, her loins might be on the wanderers side too, but overall, the westerner knew that she ultimately belonged with her own kind.

Kneeling by the lake's edge, Zsorthia cupped her paws from the surface to her muzzle one last time, side by side with her equine companion whose head was also dipped, muzzle first into the cool liquid. Drinking the last handful, the lone woman returned to her paws, and was just about to turn to walk a few steps along the muddy bank when a screeching yowl tore through the serenity. Ears standing straight up and golden eyes widening, the black masked woman, drew the twin blades from her hips in a heartbeat, turning just in the knick of time to shoulder check a large, but severely malnourished cougar in mid-leap. She had no doubt interrupted its line of sight to attack her horse. "No you don't, fucker!" She snarled, hackles raised, wincing as she felt the feline's sharp claws catch and tear into the meat of her upper arm as it was knocked off balance and thrown to the ground by the coydog. In the rush of time in took for the big cat to charge and his master to react, the horse had reared up and let out a harsh cry, flailing his hooves and lashing out viciously for the cat's head.

The puma yowled again and dodged, slashing out for the horse but missed. Zsorthia, howled ferociously, blood streaking from her wounded arm and spattering to the ground as she took up a defensive stance beside her horse, a practiced move the two of them had been working on for the past few months. The red roan stallion snorted, ears pinned and once again struck out with his deadly sharp hooves. The cat rolled free from the deadly blows and darted to the side, lashing out viciously at Zsorthia but not close enough to do any damage. The wild cat was clearly desperate to be going after a fully healthy luperci and her horse like this, and part of the fighting woman felt sorry for it, but when it came to protecting her and her own, nothing could stand in her way. "Come and get me ya overgrown throw rug!" She taunted the cat with bared teeth and moved in sync with her horse as the Cougar began to try and circle them. With a few words uttered in low speech to her equine companion, Zsorthia and horse moved in unison to rush at the mountain cat which was now foolishly stuck with its back to the water. Blades poised and thrusting and with powerful muscle and flailing hooves to back her up, both horse and coydog forced the cat to take a few steps backwards into the water.

Sensing the trouble it was in the cat began to dart to the side to escape, when with a shout, the coydog commanded her horse to rear again and kick. This time the stallion's aim was true and connected with a crack against the back of the puma's head, breaking its skull and neck, rendering it instantly dead. The feline collapsed into the shallows with a light splash, blood pooling from its open jaws. Scowling, Zsorthia sheathed her weapons and stared into the reddening waters, holding a free paw to her bleeding arm, contemplating what had just occurred and trying to decide if bringing the poor creature back to the camp was even worth it.
Zsorthia

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Westy
Luperci Venerate savagery, Die savagely

POSTED: Fri May 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Outside the dawn is breaking, But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

Lyssa had taken Bella out for a ride after dinner. The young coyote was still getting used to her new companion, but the horse seemed not to mind about its new change in ownership. Lyssa rode slowly with the horse, getting used to the feeling of riding bareback. Her legs bore the fruits of her effort; small rashes had begun to form in her inner thighs, and her muscles ached. Despite the discomfort, she was enjoying her ride. She gave the chestnut and white mare a gentle pat as a cool breeze blew across her face.

Suddenly noises broke her quite contemplation; Yowls, whinnies, and curses came from just off in the distance. "Bella, allons," She said to her horse before digging her heals into her side and pointing her towards the commotion. They moved quickly together, easing themselves around the undergrowth.

When they emerged from the bush, Lyssa was greeted by a ghastly scene. A dark brown coydog knelt on the ground, dark red blood dripping from her clenched arm. An agitated horse stood nearby, nickering and tossing its head at their approach. A mess of blood and fur laid a few feet away. As Lyssa got closer, she saw that it was a cougar, and a measly one at that. It must have gone hungry for a long time to attempt to attack such a pair.

"Bonjour friends, are you alright?" Lyssa dismounted from her mare a safe distance away and pulled her bag off her back. She rummaged around and pulled out a cloth. "Looks like you're in need of a healer. I am no healer, but I can at least help you wrap that. But I know someone who could help. That is, if you'd like my help." Lyssa held out the cloth to the woman. She smelled of the Drygrass Posse, so she must be new, or at least a friend. Lyssa was never one to turn down someone who was in need of help.

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Zsorthia was annoyed to say the very least. Talk about a sudden damper on ones day. The wild cat had been stupid enough to try and attack her and her horse in the prime of health and strength and lost. Now it lay a crumpled, pathetic heap of soggy fur in the shallows of the lake at her feet. It really was a sad sight to behold. The creature had clearly gone too long without a good meal and had acted out of sheer desperation. The coydog could see how it was once a prime predator, a lithe, lethal hunter. And based upon the throbbing, bleeding scratches across her arm, she knew even at its worst, it was still a deadly killing machine. It just chose its last target poorly.

Under different circumstances she could have been far more seriously injured, and if not for the actions of her horse, Whiskey Jack, and their communication during the fight to coordinate their efforts, things could've gone south for the luperci instead of the cougar. Zsorthia spoke a few soothing and grateful words to the Stallion who still stood agitatedly near her, ready to rise back to action should the cat wake. "It's dead, I promise." She insisted in low speech but the red roan continued to snort and paw wildly at the water until she turned from the body in the water and ears flicked at the sound of other hooves upon the ground approaching.

Growling the coydog went to unsheathe her knives but found it unnecessary as the young woman whom addressed her was already speaking in a kindly way and smelled of the other loners she'd seen around the Posse's camp. "Bonjour friends, are you alright?" The stranger asked and the Mercedes female merely glanced from the dead cat, to her horse, to her bloodied arm and back to the other woman. "Came out alive where the cat didn't so I'd say so." She smirked wryly. "Looks like you're in need of a healer. I am no healer, but I can at least help you wrap that. But I know someone who could help. That is, if you'd like my help." The other continued and Zsorthia moved to place her injured elbow up on the back of the roaned stallion who was now sniffing the air curiously towards the mare just behind the other woman, trying to get a better view of the wound. "Pretty sure I'll be alright without an actual healer, but gettin' this bandaged would be good thinkin' I suppose." She nodded, looking at the deep gashes still fresh with blood. "I got some alcohol in my bags. Can rinse it first." She suggested and gestured to the other coyote. "You're part of the Cartel are ya not?" She asked as she moved to rummage through the saddle bag on the opposite side of the large equine who continued to eye both new females with very stern, but wary deep brown eyes.
Zsorthia

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Westy

POSTED: Tue May 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Lyssa's ears perked up when the new woman asked if she was from the Cartel. "Oh! Yes I am! But I am also quite new to the group, I found myself here about 2 months ago." She chatted away as she waited for the woman to find and apply the alcohol on her wound. She stayed a good distance away, as the horse was clearly still agitated. She did not want an injury from such a powerful creature. Instead, Lyssa began to prep the cloth, ripping it into strips.

Once the woman had rinsed her wound, Lyssa approached cautiously. Lyssa dressed the wound quickly, but gently. "So tell me, what brings you to the Posse? Visiting, passing through, fresh start...?" It seemed to Lyssa that almost everyone in the two groups joined to start over, so new faces was not an odd thing. She also knew that many of the members had connections outside their bands. In reality, the truth of it did not matter much, she was just making small talk. She waited patiently for her response, all the while working away.

The red coyote took another look at the mangled body of the cougar on the ground. "Tsk, too bad it ended that way. I am not so sure you could make a good pelt out of that." Fur was a valuable resource, especially ones of large animals. Continuing to chat, Lyssa tied the final knot, and took a step back smiling. "Anyways, there, all done. My name's Lyssa by the way. Need a hand finding your way back?" She slung her bag back on her back as she walked backed to Bella and grabbed her lead.

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

POSTED: Mon May 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Zsorthia winced as the alcohol poured liberally over the gashes. They were deep but didn't quite impact the muscle. She'd been lucky. Allowing the other woman to approach with the bandage, the Mercedes woman patted Whiskey Jack's neck and murmered in low speech to him to soothe him so he wasn't so on edge. Visibly the stallion relaxed but kept a careful eye on the other woman.

Holding her arm out to her side, the coydog gave a small grateful smile as the kindly female slowly wrapped the injury. Golden eyes watched her with keen interest. She was kinda cute. A bit chatty though. It turned out that she was indeed from the Posse, relatively new herself, but established nonetheless. "So tell me, what brings you to the Posse? Visiting, passing through, fresh start...?" Zsorthia chuckled and shook out her hair. "Fresh start. So to speak. I've been out on my own after going through some shit and I'm tired of fending for my lonesome." She shrugged, earned a shooting pain from her shoulder. She grit her teeth. "This is gonna be a pain in the ass for a while." She huffed. "Stupid cat." She growled.

"Tsk, too bad it ended that way. I am not so sure you could make a good pelt out of that." The crimson coydog glanced down at the corpse of the wildcat with distaste. "Aye. I had thought the same. I could use pieces of him, but it's really not worth it. Looks like the thing's got a case of mange." She wrinkled her nose. "Anyways, there, all done. My name's Lyssa by the way. Need a hand finding your way back?" Zsorthia looked up and smiled, idly playing with a strand of Whiskey's mane as she spoke then holding out a paw. "Pleasure to meet ya, Lyssa. I'm Zsorthia." She then glanced off into the distance and around her. "I think I know my way back to camp, but I don't mind the company." She wagged her tail and mounted up on Whiskey Jack and directed him closer to the mare and Lyssa but didn't allow him too close. He was already sniffing at Bella with curiosity and she didn't need him getting uppity right now.
Zsorthia

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Westy

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:16 pm

The woman was tough as nails. She bared through the pain of her injury as she told her story. So similar to the rest of us, Lyssa mused as she listened. It wasn't surprising; like canines seemed to always find a way to gather together.

,"Well, let's get going then!" Lyssa smiled brightly before jumping onto the back of her horse. She was finally starting to feel more comfortable with mounting and dismounting now, though some days were more graceful than others. Her thighs still complained at her however. It would take a lot longer to build up her riding muscles.

Lyssa gave Bella a comforting pat before grabbing her reins. Carefully, she turned the mare around, facing the direction of the Posse's camp. The fiery coyote waited patiently for the injured woman to mount her horse; A task much more difficult with her arm in such bad shape. Once the woman seemed settled, Lyssa urged Bella forward and they began to walk back. They were in no rush.

"So how did you find yourself here? Not here with the run in with that nasty beast, but here as in the Posse. Everyone seems to come with a story." The ride would be a while, they might as well talk as they go.

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

Dead Topics