Share with me the right to go along

For Iomair

POSTED: Mon May 27, 2019 7:28 pm

[+300] • Let me know if there is anything you want me to change.

Zuri had not realized how lonely it was at home until she had come to find that Baelish was not there to share it with her. The male had long since informed her on the trading trip he was going to be taking for a month, and even though she was supportive of the notion, she couldn't help but miss him while he was away. They had just come together in mateship, and now had two daughters that were almost two months of age. If she didn't miss him as much, then they certainly would.

Maybe when he returned, he would have some small gifts for the girls, just as he had done for her when they were recovering from the incident with the haunting. It would no doubt make them happy.

The pale woman had been one of trade herself, something that had not only been taught to her, but having tagged along with her father when it came to checking up on trading deals as well as gathering more supplies. At first, it had just been the dark man doing all the work, leaving his daughter to tend to the items they were carrying or bringing back to the kingdom, but he grew more comfortable with her taking some of the reins.

If only she had remained at home. Who knew where she would have been.

Zuri paced along the borders, going over a list of the items she had left remaining in her care. Much of it had been used for her husband, as he would no doubt need a wide range of items if he was going to be gone for so long. She had even thrown in a couple of her more valuable items for him to use to gain something of more value in return. There was no telling what they might need here at home.

Upright ear turned about slightly, listening for anything as she paced along. She would need to find a time when she too could leave with some items in her personal stocks, as well as find someone willing to watch the girls.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:41 pm

He rode the horse hard and fast, eager for the wind to push through the thick curls of his fur. He had left Vodeva behind to guard the tiny camp and had tasked Tamlin with assuring her safety. The man had hoped that with better weather that more luperci would begin to trail passed their camp. It was a concept that he struggled with, for a part of him was wary of the culprits in the great war – for there was nothing stopping them from finding them here and driving them even further away.

But numbers. They needed numbers.

They needed healers and merchants, tradesmen and forgers. Soldiers even, men and women who would defend them from whatever evil lurked even here in this new land. Iomair clucked his tongue at Lirael as she veered down yet another unfamiliar path, and the King was forced to duck beneath a low hanging branch – the leaves tickling the crown of his head as they both passed beneath.

For these journeys he wore his best garments – the cloak that he had carried with him from Old Caledonia and the pin that signified the clans that had united beneath him. He had left the armor behind and instead wore a leather jerkin that he had tucked carefully into his trousers. The sword bounced against his leg as he rode, and Iomair pulled the horse to a stop with a curious rumbling in his throat.

A border stretched here – a scent trail sharply veering voer stones and trees that bade him pause.

”What’s this?” He murred softly, tapping his foot to the horses side as they carefully picked their way along. Eventually he caught sight of someone - a pale woman with hair like newly fallen snow.

"Hello!" He called from horseback, "What is this place?"

Thank you for starting!

New Caledonia
The High King
Amanda
Maintenance Aide (I GOT THAT BROOM BROOM BROOM) Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:18 pm

[+300] • OOC Text

So much of patroling could be so dull and boring. There wasn't much to go off in their time of peace. Even when she had come out here before with Ragna and Saga, all that happened was more talking than anything else outside the borders. Still, it would reflect poorly on her if she wasn't at least paying some attention to what was going on around her.

Crimson gaze moved up to the thundering sound of hooves coming in her direction. Though many luperci had chosen to make horses their personal mounts, there were still those that were wild in these parts. Then again, the chances of coming across one such beast seemed more unlikely. Someone else had to be coming towards the Vale, and since she was the closest one here, it would be on her to address this.

The earthly man had spotted her first, calling out to her from the back of his horse. He was dressed so regally, showing that he wasn't just some commoner. In a way, it was looking at herself in another form. He reflected some of her own upbringing, but she had since ran away from such a life while he hung onto it.

Hopefully his own such kingdom had faired better than her own.

Zuri stepped closer to the man, brushing out some of the ruffles in her dress before she turned her gaze upon him. There would be no point in trying to lie to him now that he was already on the borders, but that didn't mean she shouldn't be cautious. Too much information in the wrong hands could do damage to this peaceful kingdom.

Crossing her arms gently, the woman kept a relaxed stance, adjusting her footing, "Tell me who you are and I might share that information with you."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:29 am

Iomair longed for a territory to patrol – for an area that New Caledonia could claim as their own. For now they were too small, too inconsequential to take up more space than the camp they had founded for themselves. Here the border stunk of life – and Iomair found himself flaring his nostrils even as the woman began to pick her way towards him. Lirael made a low sound that he could feel vibrating up through his legs, and the King slowed her with a gentle tug of his hands.

”My name is Iomair Nartholiel.” He smiled, bowing his head ever so slightly, ”I have come from New Caledonia. I am new to the area and did not expect to stumble upon a border so soon.” Iomair blew a soft puff of air through his cheeks, ”I do hope that I was not trespassing upon your territory.” For a moment he wished that Vodeva was in better spirits – for despite her pious nature she had often in the past acted as a keen diplomat when interacting with members of the different Clans.

Alone this was different.

The woman’s eyes flitted over the horse and he caught sight of the way her skin pinkened around her muzzle and around where her pale lashes fluttered. The curls of her pale hair collected about her shoulders like a mist, and when she moved he was surprised by her apparent grace despite the way her arms were crossed defensively across her chest.

Thank you for starting!

New Caledonia
The High King
Amanda

POSTED: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:27 pm

[+200] • OOC Text

He spoke again, offering her his full name as well mentioning not only that he was new to the area, but among a place known as New Caledonia. He might not have said it out loud, but there were a couple of things worth picking up in his words. Closing the gap that was between the two of them, Zuri's dress blew gently along behind her as she moved, "I could tell you weren't from around here. You look like someone who has come from a place of wealth, much like myself."

From what she could tell, such a thing was rare around this area, at least to of their standing to where they kept the standard apparel of dress.

One hand moved over the nearest tree, keeping to under its shade, "You haven't trespassed yet, though now you know of our borders, I suggest you familiarize yourself with them. These borders belong to Mistfell Vale."

There was no point in trying to lie about it. He had already found this place, and it seemed he was seeking information. Though this was the case, she wasn't going to go on without mentioning their visitor and any information she could get from him to Saga.

Arms moved back up to cross along her chest, having returned to something she had caught onto when Iomair was speaking, "You mentioned you are from 'New Caledonia.' What happened to the old one?" She assumed there was so for it to have such a name. What would have brought the new one out this way? Perhaps something similar to what happened to her own home that caused him to leave?

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Iomair couldn’t help the chuckle that bubbled in his throat. ”This isn’t a fair trade my lady,” He ducked his head as he swung from the horses back, landing with a soft thump. ”You haven’t given me your name.” The Vale trailed on behind them and Iomair curiously peered into the trees.

”My home was once wealthy, yes.” His brows furrowed as he patted a scarred hand against Liraels neck, ”I’m afraid that we have been displaced.”

Displaced seemed like such a safe word. It was a word that did not describe the effects of war or the sense of loss that still sometimes hung like a weight over his heart. So often he felt that he was forced to sweep his emotions aside in order to bare the brunt of Vodevas hurt. She still longed for her children, longed for the home that lay far behind them.

She longed for so much that he could not offer her.

”I am still familiarising myself with the area. My wife and I traveled for many days in order to find safety.”

He smiled so that it crinkled his eyes, ”The original Caledonia was torn apart by war.” He rung his hands before him, ”I am one of a group of survivors that have made it here.”

Thank you for starting!

New Caledonia
The High King
Amanda

POSTED: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 pm

[+300] • OOC Text

Well, it seemed that the earth man had some sense of humor. Of course she had yet to give her name. Her crimson eyes watched him as he made his way down from his horse, further closing the gap that was between them. He was quick to point out that she had not given him a fair trade of introductions. Her posture relaxed some, "Surely you can understand that one can not be too cautious when it comes to ones self or their home. I have to be sure."

There was a small pause before she spoke again, "Zuri Acidic-Trombetta."

There was no point in using her false name when he had already found and learned of her home. Rose was reserved to strangers when it came to making deals. It was a cautionary tactic.

Iomair spoke of his once wealthy home, only for it to have fallen. He had gone silent for some time before he admitted the reason he had fled was because the old Caledonia had been torn apart by war, him being one of the survivors that managed to make it out this way with his wife in tow. By his words alone, there was reason to suggest that there were more than just him and this one female, "There are others then?"

The pale woman couldn't help but compare her own situation to his. At least his' had a much more viable reason for gathering others and leaving. Her's, Drago's, and Casca's escape had been through well planning in a highly fortified and guarded kingdom. How it felt to truly be prisoners in their own home.

The Vale had been a blessing for her, and should anyone from Mortimer come looking for her, then she'd make it clear she was never coming back. Her family had likely casted her aside as a traitor anyways.

In that comparison though, she could understand that there might not be much left to the man and his survivors, "Where is this New Caledonia then?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Iomair understood the womans need for secrecy – having come from a land torn apart by war it seemed imperative that the packs here kept their truth close. Zuri was skeptical of him, he could tell in the way she eyed him – flicking her gaze to the pin upon his cloak and then back toward his warm gaze. ”I more than anyone can understand the importance of that.”

”It is very nice to meet you Zuri Acidic.” He couldn’t help the smile that crept to his lips, ”It seems a strange last name for someone so charming.”

He thought of all the wolves who now gathered at their camp. Soon they would outgrow their meager grounds, the collection of tents too much for the livestock and Caledonians to maintain. He rumbled softly, ”Yes, there are others. We have taken up residence at the base of Mount Oromocto.”

”We are in need of supplies." He held out his hands, "We have nothing to offer currently... save for the promise that in the future we will repay our debts."

The sigh that rippled through his was both hopeful and sad.

:)

New Caledonia
The High King
Amanda

POSTED: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm

[400] • OOC Text

It was at least comforting to know that the man understood why she had been hesitant to extend information on not only herself, but the Vale as well. For all she knew, this man could have been lying to her face, or working with someone else to try and lure them out. Her time in Mortimer had admittedly made her more on edge than anything else.

Then again, there shouldn't have been any harm with being too careful.

It was a bit strange that he had neglected the second part of her name, but the pale woman showed little anger, if any at all, over the matter. Part of her wondered why she even bothered to keep hold of the Trombetta name. There was no doubt in her mind that her family would have exiled her as being one of them the moment she had decided to run away. Perhaps Zuri Acidic was something much more simple.

And she couldn't say for certain if her mother would have just tossed her out to the wolves like her father and uncle would have. In fact, she much liked the ring of the simpler name. A beauty that could be dangerous like acid. Still, she gave a nod, "It's my mother's family name, Trombetta being my father's."

The tan man explained that those who were with him were taking up residence at the base of Mount Oromocto. She knew not of the specific place, though surely Saga or someone else in the Vale would know how to get there. Again he had made the effort to explain that he had been looking to get supplies, but had nothing to offer in return but a promise. It was sketchy... but she came up with an idea.

Zuri offered him a small smile as her arms crossed, "Well, I am in no position of authority to decided whether we can part with anything; however, I can speak with someone who does. I had planned on checking our inventory in the near future, so I can see what we may have to offer you. Perhaps you can give me an idea of specifics you are looking for?" At least this would give her a good idea on where to start.

She added another possibility on, "Would it be possible to visit this New Caledonia?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:02 pm

For someone who was so secretive about her own home Iomair thought it strange that she was so forward in regard to his own. New Caledonia was in itself a fledgling place, one with few natural defences against intruders. They had scouts and diplomats, courtiers and nobles – but there were few amongst them who marked themselves as soldiers. Iomair carried his sword when he went out on his own, but he was only one man – and now he had an entire group to think of.

He huffed softly as she explained her name.

”My name was passed down to me from my father. I’m told it means something important in a long forgotten tongue.”

Iomair pricked his ears when she began to speak of their wares. ”We are in need of most things. We have a small collection of livestock and seeds for when we finally settle somewhere that we can grow.” He canted his head, ”I am looking for knowledge of the packs who live close by. I am looking for those willing to invest in us until we are able to pay them back.”

He hummed, ”If you find your Leader have them come and visit us at the Base of Mount Oromocto. We will eventually be looking for a new territory to lay claim to – but we should be easy enough to find.” He smiled and held out his hand, ”I should be heading back Miss. Zuri, but it was a pleasure meeting you.”

”I look forward to your visit.”

:)

New Caledonia
The High King
Amanda

Dead Topics