[PROJECT] Character Page Updates

POSTED: Thu May 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Hey guys! I started poking this page: https://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=C ... Characters and noticed that it's really out of date. I'm sure there's a TON that needs ADDED but I was first kind of looking to prune it a bit. There are quite a few characters that are legitimately dead, either killed/died on board or written in their wiki that they died off-camera, and there are many more who are positively ancient.

I asked Kiri on Discord in the Help channel, and they said: "Explicitly dead (e.g. we know when/how they died) are okay to mark as Dead Characters. Assumed dead characters should not be moved without player confirmation/permission, but they can be removed from the Alive Characters tag." SO that's what I'm going to start doing. But... It'll be easier if I have your help! I don't mind doing the coding/moving around of characters but y'all may have more information than me.

* If you have a character that needs added, please put Add Me! in bold and the names of characters who need added to that page, and notate whether they're alive or dead.

* If you have knowledge of the status of a character on there (besides what's already on their wiki), put Info! in bold and lay it on me!

* Characters that I know are dead are being sorted by hand atm onto this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 as well as ones that are getting up there in age.

EDIT: I finished sorting and also moved the characters who were definitely dead as far as their wikis were concerned.

Thanks in advance, Soulsters!
Kira Damaichu
The sun is going down. You'll be alright.
No one can hurt you now.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
(Online)
Katie
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:50 am

Using the [Year] Births categories, I hunted down characters born prior to 2004 (who would be over 15 years old) and removed the "Alive Characters" category from their pages where applicable. I also added the "Dead Characters" category to a few whom I knew died.

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN
Petite Cour
Séneschal
Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:20 pm

I added some of my alive characters; none of my characters are dead yet, but every bit helps!
Salsola
The Tradesman
Lorraine
light of the North

POSTED: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:46 am

Thanks Raze, and thanks Lorraine! I'm planning on, once I get my posts done, going through the Character List and seeing what needs to be done that way. I'll be whittling through it bit by bit. I'll also go through my list of ones that I made (that spreadsheet) and see if there were any 15+ that didn't have a birth year.
Kira Damaichu
No one can hurt you now.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
(Online)
Katie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:32 am

I do have to ask, please, if you see any characters that have my tag (Jacoby) on them that you do not assume and move them to dead or alive. The oldest I have is 12 years old atm and I do update my wikis routinely, so please please please refrain from touching my wikis please!! Thank you! :)

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by kiriska@soulsRPG, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Warden
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador Mate to Helena and Calla
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 pm

I see two characters of mine in the 12 or younger list that can be moved to dead. I'll go through my characters lists and confirm any others. <3 Thanks for doing this!

Couram Daenova
Adari Blaise
Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Westy
Luperci Venerate savagery, Die savagely

POSTED: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:21 pm

No problem! I'll scoot them over to the "dead" column so I remember to do them here in a little while. :D
Kira Damaichu
No one can hurt you now.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
(Online)
Katie
Luperci

Wiki Collaboration