Rocking in the treetops all day long

POSTED: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:28 pm

Not the snow not the rain can change my mind
The sun will come out, wait and see

OOC: Prompt: It's dusk, and songbirds are flying overhead. Your character has just run into a tree. Come and help Nora after her little accident. +300 words.

Everything seemed to have smoothed out from the most recent events. Quinn had been found after all, and it was so good to know that she had not perished as all of them thought she might have. It seemed to put everyone else at ease, and it gave her the time to actually get back to enjoying the world around her. Between the training and her picking up for some hunting, she had returned to the one thing she enjoyed the most...

Exploring.

It was already getting later in the day. It was amazing how much time passed when she was spending it moving around Casa's lands. Then again, perhaps she should head back to the Courthouse. She had been out less frequently at night, finding it a good time to spend with Rumpa. Both of them were already about to turn in for the night, and it gave them a small window of time to hang out before they eventually fell asleep.

It really was nice to have her friend back with him... just a shame to hear that his plans to move to the Court had not been able to pan out. At least he still had her here.

Nora's head turned up to the sky as she heard the call of the songbirds overhead. Guess they were getting ready to turn in as well, giving one last song before they did so. She had been doing well along the path she was on until...

THUNK

The tan girl staggered back, green eyes peering forward at the tree she had managed to hit. Guess the songs had distracted her so much that she lost track of where she was heading. Still, she gave a small chuckle at herself, deciding to stop walking now as she listened to the birds rather than risking running into another tree.

Nora Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Salena
Luperci Hunter

POSTED: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm

OOC :: Give seester.
Words→ 315

Nayavota found herself wandering the woods near Fort Kingsbury, her muscles sore from a light, but long training session. Her usual regimen was out of the question—too much fast, stomach-turning movement—so she’d gone back to basics for a couple of hours. Naya glanced up at the orange-tinged sky and sighed. It was getting dark, and tired songbirds were singing the day’s last songs.

Rolling her shoulders with a quiet crack, the pale Officer paused to get her bearings; it was hard to get genuinely lost in Casa, even at night, but it was easy to get turned around while distracted. As much as Naya wanted to wander aimlessly while worrying about the future, it probably wasn’t a good idea; Mama and Papa were keeping a closer eye on her than usual, no doubt because of her well-kept, but increasingly obvious secret.

Nayavota could go from “too nauseated to stand” to “eating her weight in cooked meat and berries” within an hour. She wasn’t sleeping well, and she’d toss and turn for hours before falling asleep in strange, painful-looking positions. Something was going on, and it didn’t take a healer to figure out what.

Movement caught Naya’s eye and pulled her from her thoughts. She smiled nervously when she spotted Nora between the trees; her sister always had a knack for cheering her up, regardless of the cause, but she was dangerously observant. Would she be worried? Disappointed? Excited?

Nayavota turned to greet Nora, but a painful-sounding thunk stopped her. The green-eyed girl staggered backward from the tree she’d smacked into and a loud, surprised laugh escaped Naya’s mouth before she could stop herself. ”Are you okay?” she called out, giggling as she limped over to Nora’s side.

That was one way of cheering her up, Nayavota supposed.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Alexander
Maintenance Aide (I GOT THAT BROOM BROOM BROOM) Luperci Carpenter

POSTED: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 pm

OOC: Yay sister. +300 words.

Nora couldn't believe she had been so distracted to have something like this happen to her. In all the time she had been exploring, this seemed to have been the first time something like this had happened. Good thing it hadn't happened when she had done some climbing or even when she was in one of the more cautious locations of Casa. She had more common sense than to do something like that.

At least bumping into a tree was something minor. She couldn't think of going to someone and having to explain to them that she had slipped or lost her balance in one of the former areas.

The tan girl's head turned to the sound of laughing. She could not believe someone had seen her run into the tree, and of all the people in Casa, it had to be her sister that saw it happen. Even so, she brushed it off, giving a laugh herself before she found herself sitting along the earth, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just got distracted listening to the birds. It won't happen again."

Patting the ground next to her, she gave a bit smile to the silver woman, "Why don't you join me? It'll be nice to listen to their songs before night comes. We can then go back to the Courthouse together."

It would be nice to spend some time with her sister again. She and Cedric had spent some time together, and she had spent a fair amount more with Rumpa as of late, but she couldn't recall spending much time with Nayavota since they had gotten together to work on the wooden box that had been give to her father. This would be good for the both of them, and it wouldn't result in another accident.

Nora Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Salena
Luperci Hunter

POSTED: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:23 pm

OOC :: Words→ 265

Nora seemed to take her accident in stride as she sat down. The pale Officer watched the songbirds through breaks in the canopy and smiled; some landed on the branches overhead while others flew off and out of sight.

“Dat’s good. I didn’t tink you would,” Nayavota said, glancing at the tree her sister had bumped into, ”It’d be kind of funny, dough.” She had been a clumsy child, but her coordination improved with age and experience. Now, she was a sure-footed young woman—ignoring her twisted ankle and malformed foot, of course.

Naya… Naya couldn’t remember the last time she bumped into a tree, but she’d tripped over a branch a few days ago. She’d stabbed her walking stick into the dirt, one arm wrapped around her stomach protectively, and teetered back and forth until she’d found her footing again. It had been… Stressful, to say the least.

”Sure,” Nayavota said, smiling at her sister. She lowered herself to the ground slowly and carefully; she didn’t want to move too fast and make herself nauseated again. ”I might just head back to camp, dough. Mama and Papa have been, uh…” The silver girl trailed off, unsure of what to say. ”Overprotective lately. I did someting stupid last moon and dey’re still bugging me about it.”

It wasn’t a lie, per se—it just wasn’t the whole truth. ”How’s your dad doing?” she asked, hoping to change the subject. Luca’s injuries, as severe as they were, seemed to be healing well.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Alexander

POSTED: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:44 pm

OOC: +300 words.

Of course Nayavota would find it amusing if her sister were to bump into another tree. Thank goodness no one else had been around to see that. She couldn't imagine what some of the other members of her family would think if they saw her, or even Rumpa. Well.. maybe in the latter's case, it would bring a smile to his face just as it had done for her sister. But that was in the past now. She would be sure to watch where she was going from now on.

It brought a smile to Nora's face to see that the gray girl lowered herself down to the ground, agreeing to stay with her to listen to the songbirds. It would do both of them some good to spend time with one another. It seemed like forever ago since they had after all.

The tan girl raised one eyebrow to what Nayavota said next. Her mother and father were overprotective of her because of something stupid she had done. Smile had not faded, though her sister leaned in a bit, "You? Do something stupid? That doesn't sound like you. What did you do?"

The subject had made a quick shift over to taking about her own father, but she wasn't about to let her sister get off the hook so easily. It was fine if they changed subjects, but she wasn't about to let something like what had been said before go just yet. Nora leaned back a little bit, turning her green gaze up to the tops of the trees to look for the birds, "He's been doing alright. I, admittedly, haven't been by to check on him recently. I've been kind of doing my own thing, but you know him. He'll be back to his old self soon."

Ears turned, eyes beaming as the birds began to sing again. What a nice melody they had to them.

Nora Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Salena
Luperci Hunter

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:44 pm

OOC :: Words→ 312

The pale Officer laughed nervously at Nora’s question. "I tink you're forgetting all da times I snuck out of Casa and limped halfway around da bay," Nayavota said, smiling wistfully as she spoke, "or when Cedric and I got stuck in dat old shop in Windsor." She looked back on those adventures fondly, but she still battled the fear she felt when she ran into a stranger far from home or entered a dilapidated, human building.

Nayavota grinned at Nora's answer, happy to hear that Luca was still doing okay. ”Dat’s good. He was kind of out of it da last time I saw him.” She didn't know the full extent of the Lune’s injuries, but she'd visited his bedside late last moon to check up on him. Naya had dropped a wreath of flowers around Luca’s shoulders and told him all about her training as Morty prepared his next dose of pain herbs, only leaving when he’d slipped back into a painless sleep.

Following her sister’s ears, Nayavota’s gaze settled on a pair of songbirds singing in the canopy. She could barely see their colorful feathers between the bright, green leaves.

Turning back to Nora, she took a deep breath and considered the tan girl’s question again. ”I... wasn’t feeling well and I lost track of time on da border,” Naya admitted, omitting the details of her “illness” and how she’d lost track of the time, ”Mama wanted to check up on me over dinner, but I completely forgot about dat. It’s not dat big a deal, but I don’t want dem to worry again.” It was close enough to the truth to stifle her guilt; she didn’t want to lie to Nora, but she also couldn’t tell her the real truth yet.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Alexander

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:57 pm

OOC: +300 words.

Nora couldn't help but give a small chuckle when Nayavota began to list off some of the "stupid" things she had done, even mentioning her brother having been stuck with her on one such occasion. She wouldn't have thought her other siblings to have gotten into such things, especially not when it came to their super serious brother. Cedric was a bit of a slave to his duty, but he could always be a joy to have around when given the right circumstances. Still, she offered a smile to her sister, "Oh yes. They must have slipped my mind."

The tan girl felt her smile fad a bit when the talk circled back around about her father. He worked so hard for all of them. She found herself remembering back when her and her brother were nothing but Cadets, helping him out in any way they could around home. Maybe they could do something like that for him again. He needed a break too every once and a while.

She offered Nayavota another nod, feeling no need to completely elaborate.

Green gaze moved back over to her sister as she spoke up again, having mentioned that she wasn't feeling well, was going to check with her mother, but then forgot. That must have been the events that brought them both to this point.

At first, Nora didn't say anything, listening to the birds as she squinted to pick out their colorful feathers among the leaves, just as her sister was. She mulled over some things in her head before turning her gaze back on the silver woman, "Well, we could always go now if you want. Your Mom is probably worried. The birds will be back another time for us to listen to their songs."

Nora Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Salena
Luperci Hunter

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:40 pm

OOC :: Words→ 260

Nora chuckled at Nayavota’s list of misadventures and said that they must have slipped her mind, earning a snort from the pale knight. ”Dat’s okay,” Naya said, bumping her sister’s shoulder with her own. They were both adults with their own lives and ambitions; there were more important things for Nora to remember than all the trouble Naya had gotten into without her.

With the topic of Luca’s recovery settled, the conversation circled back around to Nayavota and her most recent misadventure. A brief silence fell over the pair as Nora stared up at the canopy, and Naya swore she could see the thoughts bouncing around her sister’s head. She mulled over her own words for a moment; she hadn’t said anything strange, had she? The silver Officer didn’t think so, but Nora was observant enough to catch her if she had.

This whole “secret pregnancy” thing was a lot more difficult than she’d originally thought, especially when her stomach started churning out of nervousness.

It took every ounce of willpower Nayavota had not to sigh in relief when Nora spoke. ”You’re probably right,” she said, imagining Mama’s knowing stare as the warrior woman shoved food in her face. ”Do you want to walk wit’ me? Da camp isn’t dat far.” Naya knew that Nora could walk there and back before sundown on her own, as low as it already was. If it took a little bit longer with the silver knight in tow, she doubted Nora would mind.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Alexander

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 pm

OOC: +200 words.

Both of the females had fallen silent after their short discussion. It was a bit hard to believe that so much of their lives had already been behind them. All three of the youngest siblings had been working so hard for Casa, all of them now ranked as Officers. Part of Nora couldn't believe she was on the same level as her siblings seeing as she had failed her First Blood, both of them having been the ones to pass. She had never really believed herself to be good enough.

Perhaps that was just not the case anymore. Her father wouldn't allow her to be an officer if he didn't think she was not worth its name.

For the time, she had kept her eyes on the birds, not sure what else to tell her sister. She had become attracted by the songs, and when the suggestion had been made, she was pleased to hear that Nayavota had agreed with her. Jace had been kind as the figure to take over for her and Cedric's mother when nursing them, and was sure that when it came to her true child, she wouldn't want to worry over her.

Especially when the child had been the one that forgot.

Nora pushed herself onto her feet as she moved over to her sister, offering a hand out to help her up, "Sure. I should probably be heading back anyways." She took a couple steps back when Nayavota was back up on her feet, just to give her some space before allowing her to take the lead, "I'm right behind you. I promise I won't into any trees along the way."

She gave an innocent chuckle before they began their walk.

Nora Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Salena
Luperci Hunter

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:19 pm

OOC :: Words→ 252

Nayavota took Nora’s hand and pushed herself to her feet, appreciative of her sister’s help. She planted her walking stick in the dirt and smiled at the brown-furred girl. ”Tanks, Nora,” Naya said, even as her stomach began to churn uncomfortably. The last thing she needed was to puke on her sister’s feet. Nora backed up to let her lead the way, and it took all the pale knight had not to sit back down until the nausea passed.

Nevertheless, the silver Officer snorted at Nora’s joke. ”What if I ran into a tree first?” she asked, limping toward the Wolfe-Denahlii camp. ”If you’re right behind me, you’d run into it, too.” Naya glanced over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out at Nora, trying to ignore the bile that burned in the back of her throat. She turned back around, swallowed nervously, and kept walking. Maybe if she just ignored it, it would go away.

Nayavota’s stomach twitched dangerously and she froze. She braced herself against her walking stick, squeezed her eyes shut, and took a slow, deep breath. Naya moaned quietly and covered her mouth with one hand; she really didn’t want to throw up, especially not in front of her sister. Maybe if she just… Sat down again? Maybe that would help. Before the pale girl could think on it further, she doubled over and emptied her stomach in the brush beside the path.

So much for not puking.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Alexander

Casa di Cavalieri