towers tumbling down

[alder]

POSTED: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm

[--]
set before the RO I just made ^^

Teme Optime is by Alaine!

Settling into a pack had seemed like a foreign idea to Temeraire when he and Lena had left Vinátta. They wanted to see more of the world, experience more things and tying oneself down to a pack didn't seem the best idea. However, there was comfort and safety in a pack, the security of a home. Since the Tournament, Temeraire had been doing his best to explore these lands. He'd been pleased to find woodlands around here and he'd explored the heights and the canopies as much as he'd searched the grounds. The forest was no as extensive as Vinátta's firs, but he could at least disappear for a few hours up there. It was a relief sometimes, to shroud himself in the shadows of the trees.

It had, however, caused him to think about his own home. Vinátta was such a long way from here and he'd left a lot behind. He knew he would have to return there soon, to let everyone know where they were and that they were doing well. He wondered whether Lena would want to come with him, or whether she would stay behind. Travelling with the girl certainly had its advantages and Temeraire found the half grin that usually adorned his face stretching just a little wider. His thoughts that then turned to the foal he'd left in his fathers care- Helexia probably thought she'd been abandoned. It had sparked off a curiosity- the male had seen the horse race and knew there to be equines in the Court. Perhaps he could bring her back here.

He followed his nose to find the stables. They hadn't been far from where he'd been contemplating his foal and as he approached, he liked the look of the area. It seemed sturdy enough and there were others horses here. For a moment, the shadow prince stopped and looked, before wondering if there were others around here. "Hello? Is there anyone here?" He called out, white rimmed ears flashing back and forth to catch any sounds from the stables.

Temeraire Stormbringer
Tem is on a trip to Freetown 20th-31st May
He is in optime form with no clothes unless otherwise specified
Avatar by Alaine, Sig by Nat/Sie

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Alder placed the blanket over the black horses back and then quickly moved to tightened the bridle into place. He wiped the inky mane from the horse's sight while softly speaking to Hawthorn in the hoofed animal's language. It was not an odd scene, the partners conversing softly while preparing for a ride. Alder was not quite ready to head out to Vinátta to visit his mother and new siblings, for the weather was still not suitable for long travel, but he did desire to stretch the horse's legs and ride.

As he prepped there was a stirring in the stables. The Marshal didn't even look up, figuring that it was just another Courtier seeking their horse companion. Alder had given up on catching Hati among the stables, he had been fairly absent in the winter months. The conversation he held with Skoll had only increased his desire to see the midnight blue wolf, confusing him some but causing him to want even more so to understand how Hati felt. That did not seem to be his future though, frustratingly.

A moment after Alder heard the initial foot steps a voice called out, and he naturally turned his head to look for the owner. Stepping out of Hawthorn's stall the tall male replied, Good day. Alder had not met the dark wolf before and his name would not come to him. I'm Alder. He added after a pause. Tore bay gazed took in the dark wolf, wondering what he needed with a silent look.

Alli
Luperci Time and Patience
STAY GOLD
L'âme honorée

POSTED: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am

[--]

The sights and smells of horses was familiar and comforting to the male- while Vinátta's stables were new, they were well equipped it seemed and Tem had spent many hours among the stalls of the old barn. It made him miss the little bay foal that he'd bonded with, that had followed him around and asked for apples when he didn't have any. As he stood looking at the stables, his mind was already made. He would return to Vinátta soon and collect the little filly, bring her back here so that he could actually train her instead of allowing his father the job. It would be good to see his brothers and sister, the flowers who were not cousins but cousins anyway. His uncles would be pleased to see him he knew and with a pang, the dark boy realised he missed his father and even Lilin a little.

An answering call tugged him from his thoughts and the shadow prince glanced up, his signature half grin on his lips as he stepped forward. The male in front of him was tall, perhaps a shade taller than Temeraire himself. But he seemed gentle- there was a stable, calm presence about him that the Stormbringer sensed immediately. "Good day." Temeraire returned, his tone friendly. While many considered him a bad egg, Temeraire had been raised with manners even if he used them sparingly. The other introduced himself and Temeraire held out a hand to shake before returning the gesture. "I'm Temeraire- my friend Lena and I are new to the Court, we came from Vinátta about a moon ago." He offered a little information on himself. "I came to check out the stables... do you know much about them?" He asked, blue eyes catching equally blue for a moment.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Alder is all, "ohmagahd my mommahs!" forgive him lol

Alder extended his black hand and gave it to the dark male. Hie ears moved slightly hearing that Temeraire was once of Vinátta. And just a month ago they had been there. Alder got new of his dam once in a while for a brother, but they never stayed long and he still missed them greatly. He restrained himself from asking of Anu, Tayui and his brothers outright, and listened to the wolf's reasons for being in the stables.

He nodded, I'm the Marshal here, I don't know if you'll find another that knows as much as I do about the Court's stables. Alder replied with a smile. It wasn't arrogance that was in his tone, but more like a mater-of-factness. It was then that he allowed to leak the connect that was between them, however vague. Vinátta, my mother Anu and my brothers live there. What brings you to the Court?

His question was casual and curious, hidden was the wonder that surrounded the male's departure and his reasons. Was there something wrong with the pack that Alder hadn't seen when he sought his mother's company? Perhaps the visit that he planned was over due, and his mother needed him.

Alli
STAY GOLD
L'âme honorée

POSTED: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 am

[--]
:DD Tem and Alder should go to VN together -nodnod-

His hand was given a rough shake and Temeraire returned it before withdrawing the appendage. There was always an uncertain moment when first meeting another, where it was never quite certain whether this would be an easy conversation or not. Tem felt that he was a good judge of character and he felt rather at ease with the tall male who'd exited the stables at his call. His question seemed a little silly now that Alder answered, revealing that there probably wasn't another in the Court who knew more about the stables. He chuckled softly, before giving a nod to himself. "Well then, it seems like I caught the right man for my questions." He offered quietly.

The other continued and Temeraire felt his eyebrows raise, an almost shocked expression on his face. It sort of confirmed his suspicions- he knew very little about this place, where no matter how far he went from Vinátta, there was a connection. In some ways it made him feel a little better- there was always a link to home no matter how tenuous. "Anu and Tayui... and I met your brother Oak a few times; he's a good fighter." The male commented, thinking on the axe the red male wielded. The others question caused him to look up, a rueful smile on his face. "Wanderlust." He offered simply, before continuing. "My father and stepmother are the leaders of Vinátta and a great number of cousins and siblings populate Vinátta. I felt the need to find my own path and at the moment, thats away from them." He revealed. In truth, there was no hard feelings between the shadow male and the rest of his family, but deep down there was always the thought that he wasn't really part of their family- his mother was not mated to his father and his brothers and sister were only half siblings.

Pushing such thoughts away, the dark male looked back towards the Marshal. "Am I keeping you from anything? I had a few questions about the stables and the horses." He asked, looking around as if to spot another task that may have absorbed the others time before his arrival.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Alder focused on the answer to his question, and if the male would give any notion that his kin was well. At times he worried about the family that lived so far away. It had been much easier on his heart when they resided near Rabbit Lake. Even the orchard in Berwick had been closer. Now they were days away, even by horseback. It had troubled the wolf when he had been told that they would move there, but time had eased his sadness. Now only concern weighed on him.

Temeraire replied with the names of his mother and mate, making Alder smile. And yes, Oak was certainly a fighter. He always had been even when they were small. And when the black wolf explained why he had left his home Alder felt pure relief. That is natural. He spoke with an agreeing tone. He felt nothing wrong with a soul needing to branch out and gain their own life outside the legacy of their family. He had needed to do it as well, though he had been given a gentle push from the nest.

I was going for a ride, but only for my pleasure. Alder explained when the Seigneur gave the question. He then thought a moment, if the male had questions then it was surely his duty to answer them. Do you ride? I would be happy if you joined me. Unless your questions required us to stay in place. Alder liked the thought of having a partner in his ride, for it was a rare thing for the Marshal.

Alli
STAY GOLD
L'âme honorée

POSTED: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 pm

[--]

Temeraire didn't know the male at all, but there seemed to be an air of relief about him when he answered. He supposed it was relief that there was no conflict that had driven him away from his home. Technically, he'd chosen to leave, to branch out from the main hub of his family. He knew there were more of them, more Stormbringers back in the Solbjorg. But in a way, he didn't feel as though he belonged. His mother had left him, abandoned him with his father. Saul had been a great father, he still was. But there was no detracting from the feeling that Lund, Sóli and Rú were his true children and Temeraire the bastard boy. The flood of his own relief at Alders almost-approval of his actions was unexpected and he chose to simply nod in ascension. Perhaps the other had done the same; the rest of his family were in Vinátta also and he were here, on his own.

Alder's answer caused a small grin from the boy before his new companion asked his own question. Another nod dipped his head, although he knew he wasn't the most confident of riders. "A ride would be good if you had a horse for me?" He asked, completely unsure of the horses the Court had. It would be a long time before Hex could support his weight and he often considered getting himself an older horse that would be able to support his weight for the moment at least. Maybe the Court would have a mount that he got on well with, but he would have to see.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 am

slight pp, feel free to pp Alder so that they can get out onto the trail :D!

Alder was not bonded with many, and the idea that the male as a friend agreed with him. They held a small connection and in that the masked wolf was comforted. He had hopes that they would get along well. Of course. he replied, and then waved the dark wolf to follow him. Experienced paws led him down the line, horses heads poking out to watch with curiosity. Hawthorn snorted impatiently, but did not complain and further when the attention was given to another stallion.

The silvery gray was needy in ways but willing to work. He reached out to be petted by his caregiver, and eyes Alder's fellow canine with only a light air of suspicion. The Marshal had faith in the stallion, and he knew that he and 'Thorn would get along fine. Hawthorn knew better then to start fights. And the gray knew the rule as well.

Alder rubbed his nose, Take a minute to get to know one another, I'll get a saddle. He left the two, and went to fetch the necessary gear that would allow for a comfortable ride. When he returned he would allow the new Courtier to dress the stallion beside him, figuring that Temeraire had a decent amount of knowledge under his belt. He stood in the stables with confidence, none the less.

Alli
STAY GOLD
L'âme honorée

POSTED: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:19 pm

[--]

His new companion answered affirmative and Tem gave a small smile in the males direction as he disappeared into the stable block. The boy took the time to look around and wondered what it would be like to bring Helexia back here. She would enjoy it, he thought. Though she'd be away from her whole family, Temeraire thought it was past time she join him down here now that he'd taken a more permanent residence. He couldn't see the pair of them leaving the Court any time soon at least. The dark male stepped back as his companion exited the stables with a prancing silver stallion. He couldn't help the grin that slipped over his lips. Though his mount looked at him with suspicion, Alder didn't see it as an issue and Tem caught hold of the horses halter as the other instructed them to get to know one another.

Reaching out, the dark male allowed the silvery equine to sniff at his hands and arms, moving up to stroke softly at the velvetine of the horses muzzle. Murmuring soft words of no meaning, he moved up to rub between the males eyes. With a soft smile, he tied the horse to one of the fences close by before running hands over his legs, checking for heat as he'd been told to do. He could find no obvious injuries or sore points and as Alder returned and handed him to saddle, Temeraire was quick to adjust the straps and settle it on the horse. He didn't like the saddles, but he had to admit that they were easier in many way. Adjusting the girth once more to make sure it wasn't pinching the skin and wasnt too tight, blue eyes danced back up to the other. I think he's ready to go... does he have a name, by the way? He questioned before he swung himself up into the saddle, pausing to adjust the stirrups and settle better into the leather.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 am

The black wolf certainly knew his way around a horse, and that in the Marshal's eyes was enough to find Temeraire a positive addition to the Court. Alder helped where he could, getting the stallion settled and ready to ride in good time without rushing. Actually no. Alder answered. I don't officially name the pack's horses, if a member wishes to claim them for themselves then they can give the horse a true name. Alder felt the a name was something very important for a canine-horse pair. It was the very beginning of their bond. I call him Grey, but that's far from a proper name. Alder added with a smile.

He moved towards his own horse, gave him a swift pat and then mounted. He settled himself comfortably into the saddle and then turned the horse around and towards the wide trail that would lead them out and away from the stables. The pack lands rested on the coast and the trails along the shore were some of his favorites. Knowing the trails well he took the lead other rider towards one that would not be too difficult to traverse. Now what about those questions? He asked, as they settled into the slow ride.

Alli
STAY GOLD
L'âme honorée

Dead Topics