I can't help this awful energy

For Krios

POSTED: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

It wouldn't be long now. Much of the library's work had been completed. The dog woman, along with many of the members of the kingdom, had slaved away to help her to revive the collection from its darkest hour. They were in the final stages, so all that had been left to do was primarily find a way to repay everyone for their hard work. It would be better to consult Helena with such a matter, given all the gatherings she had spent helping to put together.

She knew where her own skills lied, and where those in the kingdom could assist her where she was lacking. All the more reason to bring everyone together. At least this one would not be soured by some of the more recent gatherings.

The Paladin strolled out of her home, taking in the fresh summer scents around her home. Much of the wing was beginning to smell of a mix of paper, ink, and many of the plants that Grievous had been bringing home. Much of the room she had given him was being taken up for this purpose, and while she might not have understood his fascination with the art, it kept their home smelling fresh.

Thank goodness the foul smell of the mold had been brushed out of their home.

Idrieus made her way from the Ruins, he usual place finding herself near the arena. Forever a victim of her work, she was often here, sharpening her skills or something else of the nature. Cirsium seemed to have caught the mottled woman as she began to make her walk, joining along at her side as they paced towards Millstone. Sanguine would be here. Perhaps it would be a time to see her ward's own combative skills.

His thirst for knowledge was clear, but what about what else she had to offer him? Seeing as the time with his sister had been soured.

Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:40 pm

--

His nights were filled with drinking for the most part. Perhaps not all nights, but every seven-days he would likely have imbibed more than his fair share at least half the time. It was not wise nor healthy, but Krios felt justified. It numbed that ever present sharp pain in his chest that no amount of willow bark tea could dull. No amount of sleep and exercise would ease it from the knots it had wrapped around his heart. Alcohol was the only thing that seemed to free his thoughts from the pain of love and affection that he was unable to have.

What part of his blood had caused him such a curse? Was it that he took the Revlis name or that his Heiwa line was merely doomed to suffer forever the pains of love?

Krios had not drunk the night before and felt no obligation to do a patrol that day. Instead, to get out of the house and away from the smell of his wife, the Striker took to the training grounds in an effort to improve his other talents.

His bow and arrows were his weapons of choice, followed by knives for closer combat. That was the extent of his noticeable talents and he felt rather lackluster with other things. But he was not stupid. He knew that he could be caught without knife or bow and that he had to practice with something else. He would have asked someone to spar with him, but his mood of late was rather antisocial; the Striker did not want to see anyone.

He practiced with a staff. Well, a glorified staff. It was more of a fallen length of wood that anyone could grab in a pinch if they were suddenly attacked. It seemed practical to use something like that. But he was rough for the staff was not the most elegant of weapons, and he eventually ended up bonking the ground with it and gutting himself with the other end of the stick.

Krios dropped it instantly, letting it clatter as he clutched at his belly with a sharp inhale of breath. He rubbed at the spot, grumbling to himself as he glared downward at the stick. Why did he have such a case of deja vu?

He did not notice the Paladin approaching.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
Striker (NPC)
Gen
Vedetto, Milite Mate to Kamari
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:41 pm

In truth, Idrieus was used to being alone when she came to the arena. Back when she was the only member of the Shield, members would come slowly to her when they wanted to train, spar, or just wanted a teacher for a certain form of combat. Now that there were others, there were many others that could fill that role. Besides that, not everyone in the kingdom was going to be keen on sparring with real weapons, risking real injuries, or wanting to put up with the Paladin's personality.

So it was a surprise when she had found the Striker being the one to occupy the space when she and Cirsium had made their approach.

He didn't seem aware of her when she came close. There was a rather large stick at his feet, hands moved over his gut. The dog woman couldn't help but think back to the comment he had made when the Shield had gathered together, about him not being stupid enough to get injuries that would turn into scars. Tsk, now he would eat his words.

But then again, he had shown a moment of weakness when Kamari had been poisoned. He had shown genuine care for the woman that he was chained to, and that was not something that could just be ignored. She might have despised the man for this arrogant behavior, but there was still a part of him that cared.

It would be left to more interactions that would determine if he was worth hating.

The Paladin stepped closer, the low growls of the black bear at her side giving them away, "I didn't expect to find you here Krios."

+200 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:48 pm

--

Krios rubbed at his belly with a pout when he heard the growls of the bear. But it was not the screaming roar of one that was about to attack, which could only mean that the Paladin was nearby, too. He fixed the expression on his face to something a little bit more appropriate to greet the woman.

When he turned he straightened up, but the hand was still on the sore spot on his midriff. His smile was pleasant despite the fact that he had definitely been caught in an awkward situation. At least it was only the Paladin and not someone who would likely mock him for an eternity and a half, plus a little bit more. It likely did not look too great in her eyes, though, and that was just not something that Krios was going to be able to fix.

No? Do I come off as that lazy? he asked with a little bit of a laugh. He knew what some people likely thought of him. A Revlis bastard that had shot up the ranks. He was sure people likely thought it had nothing to do with his abilities and entirely to do with the fact he had been born to a noble family and a royal family line. He really did not care what they thought about all that. He knew where his talents lay and they would either learn it or continue naysaying him. He was not going to waste precious time and energy trying to convince them otherwise.

He lifted the staff up, ignoring the desire to pull a face at the ache from bending over. He stared at it a moment, then laughed. Maybe I am. I'm not very talented in anything other than archery and knives. I thought it would be good to learn something that could compensate for not having either at close range. Krios shrugged, almost glaring at the staff. I don't think I'm suited to this, though, he added with disgust as he gestured to the length of the large stick.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
Striker (NPC)
Gen
Vedetto, Milite Mate to Kamari
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Idrieus couldn't help but give a slight raise in her eyebrow to the way that Krios was behaving and acting towards her when she had come across him. Given the Revlis man's arrogant behavior when all of them had gathered at Brocade's house, she assumed she would never see him touch the training ring. His arrogance seemed to attach itself to his confidence, seeming to believe that because she and Brocade held scars from their past battles that they were stupid for allow themselves to be open enough to receive them.

Something that had been an utter remark of disrespect when the scars she wore were a constant reminder of the failure and loss she suffered. She had learned from that time, and would not lose someone as she had Artemisia.

When Krios addressed the dog woman, it too was in a much more light hearted manner. Eyes narrowed for a moment, not so quick to let his words go. Part of her wondered if he had just completely forgotten about what he had done to her, but it would do no good to bring up such bad blood. If he wanted to at least try to make it seem like he had swallowed some of that attitude, then she had to play nice.

Light blue gaze lightened up as she stepped closer, moving over the staff he held in his hands, "No, but of all I know, you were the one I expected to see the least." She reached out for the staff, "Have you considered relying on hand to hand combat? A staff will only do you good if you have one or some stick that holds the same weight. It's still considered much like a weapon. If you have a last resort, your natural power should do just fine."

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

Dead Topics