Who is in control?

POSTED: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 pm

My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong

OOC: Prompt: Obtain or create something to record Salsola's history. Help Idrieus bind together the new history book and add onto current events. Backdated? +200 words.

Many of the books had already been rewritten and rebound with outside help from the members of the kingdom. It would have been rough for the Paladin to have taken on all this work on her own. In the time since the binding of the books, she had taken to the new shelves, much of their construction having been the work of herself and Kaeli. They had been constructed near or in their proper rooms for ease of moving the final pieces around.

All that had been left then was to refill them.

The dog woman had begun to place many of the books, most of them already having been sorted into piles depending on their subject or what the type of book or written material was. Many of the maps that had been made by other members had been kept to one spot, just as any journals or personal works were kept together.

As a fair amount of the piles became smaller, light blue gaze moved back over to the table that had been moved into the room. There was a particular stack that had still yet to be rebound, and it was quite possibly one of the most important pieces in her collection. Salsola's history.

The old book had been damaged, and she had sought to revive this piece like all the others. One thing had drawn her to this. With how biased the kingdom had become, there was no telling what one might write in this book to skew the truth. Better this stay in her hands than anyone else. A focused mind would not let petty things get in the way of sharing with all the kingdom what was really going on.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:35 pm

Optime | The Ruins (Library/Idrieus’s home) (+251)

Don’t mind the purpose for Kamari swingin’ by xD I figured it was a good excuse to just get her there and then she can help with the SL history book instead!

Kamari padded on and off of the well-worn paths, working her own way into the heart of the Ruins that many of the Kingdom resided in. She had never liked being predictable, particularly so after her scare with Delfina, and a path that wove in and out would have deterred a less persistent tail. As well, sometimes it allowed her to take notice of other oddities. The trek to her destination had been rather lacking in anything of interest though, not that the Kaiser truly minded.

She slipped inside of the castle quietly enough, and her steps were quick and light as she made her way down to the wing of the Paladin. Since the restoration project had gotten fully underway, Kamari had not visited the library, not wanting to get in the way as labor and construction was completed. With much of it over now though, the Shadow had thought it safe to visit again. With any luck, the library’s guardian would be in.

Arriving at the familiar doors, Kamari took a quick sniff to ensure that she hadn’t just missed the blonde Eternity. Not smelling any fresh scents, she knocked on the door. “Paladin? It’s Kamari. I was wondering if I could look over some of your maps and books.” In relation to the Sanctum murders, but, the Emissary was not keen on voicing this aloud in case Idrieus should be with company or if someone was lurking about where they shouldn’t have been.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Moderator Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:24 pm

My power's turned on

OOC: +200 words.

As the project was slowly wrapping itself up, there was no reason to believe that the other members would still be coming by to assist her with the library's work. Sanguine had really been the only exception to this rule, but the younger male had become a bit of a ward to her, and in turn, she had passed on some of the upkeep duties onto him, just as Artemisia had done with her.

The only difference being that the darker boy was more than willing to take on the tasks as he had much greater interest in the collection of books than she did at his age. Now she sought to preserve her mother's legacy, and if that meant taking on a ward to help her, then so be it. At least he had proven he could be trusted around the collection.

One flopped ear turned to the sound of the door down the hallway being knocked, a familiar voice ringing out behind it. Kamari called out to her, asking to look over the maps and books. Wasting no time, the Paladin dropped her current task, making her way down the hall to open the door. The Emissary held no bad blood with the other Shield, especially the dog woman, and was one that she could think of that would not be turned away.

And it was good to see that the jackal woman was in better condition than she was when she had first come to drop off supplies, "Come in. Most of the maps are in the far room. I've got some things set up in there."

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:46 am

(+263)

Made a small assumption to help move the thread along!

With any luck, the maps and history books that Kamari sought were amongst the ones that had either been repaired already or been spared from the initial damage. While she could certainly do without the maps, they would have been helpful and help cut down on wasted time and scouting sorties beyond the Kingdom. As for the history books, well, Kamari wasn’t entirely sure what she sought might be in them anyways. It never hurt to check though, particularly when a killer still roamed free and without consequence for their actions.

There was a short pause before the door was opened and the blonde-haired Eternity appeared from behind it. Kamari flashed a small, friendly smile up at the woman as Idrieus welcomed the fellow Inquisitor into her home. The Shadow glanced off down the hallway of the vast library where Idrieus had surely meant, nodding appreciatively to the Paladin. “Thank you. I hope I didn’t come at a bad time?” Idrieus didn’t look like she was entertaining guests at that moment, however, that didn’t mean that the doggish woman hadn’t been working on something else on her own.

Kamari followed after Idrieus as she led her to where the maps and books were. Her cornflower blue eyes roved over the various bookcases and shelves that they passed, and when her sharp gaze fell upon a particular table that had a stack of papers on it, Kamari looked to Idrieus. “Still have a few books left to finish?” Idly, she wondered what that particular one might be about.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 am

My power's turned on

OOC: +200 words.

The Emissary seemed to have been under the impression that she had come at a bad time, to which the Paladin could not help but raise a brow at. One would think that once they were able to learn about and understand the woman, they would know of her own personal quirks. Then again, the two women standing with one another didn't really socialize with one another so much as they just worked closely with each other.

The curse of her part in the Shield, always looking to work rather than take some time off to relax with others she trusted in the kingdom or even Grievous. The curse kept all of them a bit on edge, though at least with the wrapping up of her project, some more time would be opened up to her.

There was a shake in her head, "Not at all. Please, come in Emissary."

The dog woman paused, letting Kamari enter before leading her down the hall. Her eyes moved over the room before moving over to one of the new bookshelves, moving her fingers over some rolled papers, "Many of our maps are here. I'd like to keep them all in one place along with anything connected to Salsola."

Light blue gaze moved over to the stack of papers on the table. She moved over to one stack, nodding, "Yes, I do. They are among the last ones, and then all of this work will be done. One of them is our own history book. I have been taking extra care with that one."

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:13 pm

(+304)

Idrieus confirmed that she wasn’t preoccupied with something of importance, which Kamari was grateful for. The Emissary was not one to forget that the library was part of the Paladin’s home, and it would have been rude to presume one could take materials or study in it as a result. Best to ask and treat it as one would a fellow Salsolan’s house than to make assumptions. Respect and manners went a long way, particularly in a Kingdom full of deceit and those that craved power and titles.

When she was led to where the maps were kept, the Shadow nodded appreciatively, tucking away the information for later visits so that she would know where to locate the valuable materials. It was good that they, along with any other information related to the Kingdom, were all gathered in one area. It would certainly make research—like what Kamari was there for—easier.

Inquiring about the stack of papers made the blonde cross over to the table, and what one of the books-in-progress was about caused the Emissary’s brows to rise with interest. “History book of the Kingdom?” She asked, her lips twisting humorously as she continued, “Do you have a biased and unbiased version?” Depending on who had penned the accounts, certain details might have been skewed to curry favor for a paying individual, or, could have omitted something else in the hopes of making the Kingdom look strong and without flaws.

As a spy and someone interested in information—particularly, the facts—Kamari very much preferred a factual account over a narrative.

“Do you need any help? While I haven’t been here as long as you have, I can still write decent reports.” She offered, her playful smile fading to show she meant her services earnestly.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

My power's turned on

OOC: +300 words.

Both members of the Shield had turned their attention on the stack of papers that lay rested along the table, some of the most important pieces in the whole of the Kingdom. It was because of their importance that she had taken much more care with this one, not just to make sure that transcribing it would be as it was before, but to ensure that the information being placed inside of it was not swayed in any way.

Light blue gaze moved up to the Emissary's quip. Though she seemed to play it off as more of a joke, and something that managed to get a light grin from the dog woman, it was quickly replaced with the natural serious nature that came along with her. One hand moved over the stack, the tip of her tail giving a small flick, "It is my intention to keep this as unbiased as possible. Far too many in Salsola are not trustworthy, and I can only imagine what this book will look like if its information is filled in by their hands."

She gave a small pause before she continued, "If we are to see the betterment of this kingdom, then we have to learn from our past, and that can't be done with skewed information." Otherwise, what would have been the point of it in the first place?

Trusting the jackal woman to her word, she gave a nod, "That would be greatly appreciated, though I would like to bind the book first before I start adding more information to it. Many of the lower pages are left blank so that we can continually add onto it. When this book runs out of pages I'll just make another one." Eyes shifted over to Kamari, "Would you like to give me a hand with this? Since you're here?"

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:11 pm

(+268)

There were few in the Kingdom that were not disillusioned by their pride as Salsolans, and fewer still that were not motivated by wants of power and titles and infamy. Idrieus was one of these individuals, and, thankfully, she had taken the library and its records under her own care. Being who she was as well, it made it unlikely that any would be able to bully the Paladin into skewing what valuable information her home housed.

Kamari grunted her agreement with Idrieus’ sentiment, “To leave out our downfalls and misjudgments is to only doom ourselves into repeating history.” Powerful as the Kingdom might have been, if they were not invincible, nor were they untouchable. As well, it was possible that omitted information could have helped the Inquisition with solving things like the mystery of Crone Loki’s murder. One never knew. Little nuisances at the time could build to startling revelations later on.

The Paladin accepted Kamari’s assistance, and the jackal hybrid glided over to stand beside the taller woman. “Of course,” she said with a nod. Her cornflower blue eyes roved over the material currently set about the table. “Where would you like to start?” There were many different ways to bind a book, and she wasn’t sure how the Eternity wished to do so for the Salsolan history-related ones. With only a thick chord? Or something more permanent with hide glue, chord, and a thick leather cover to firmly seat the pages into? She had not been there for much of the actual restoration part of the project due to her recovery.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 pm

My power's turned on

OOC: +300 words.

Idrieus had been pleased to see that Kamari had been in agreement with her. Due to the nature of Salsola itself, there was the potential that the information she shared even just now could have been taken the wrong way, or she might have been repremanded for doing so. Even so, the Emissary held more logic than many here, intelligent just like the Paladin was. If any of them were going to learn from their mistakes, then this book was the means of doing so.

At least keeping it in a place where everyone in the kingdom needed her permission to even see it, she knew it would help to keep anyone from trying to change what she would write down in the book. No one would dare to think about breaking into the home of the most elite warrior in the kingdom.

Coaxoch had already tried twice, was caught both times, and had it not been for her mercy along with Salsola's laws, she would have cut off his other arm the moment she caught him the second time.

Light blue gaze shifted over to the jackal woman as she questioned Idrieus where the two of them would start. Her gaze was soon shifted back onto the stack, moving one hand gently over them, "I want to bind this one into something more permanent, since we'll be holding onto this one for no doubt many years to come. It will need to hold up more than all the others. Plus, doing it this way will make it easier to tell if someone has tried to tear pages out or edited it."

Grabbing the supplies, she rested them out on the table in front of them, the covers with leather over them, the glue (some of which was the gift that Kamari had even given her), and the binding that would hold everything together. Taking a seat, she split the stack of papers, "A lot of these will need to be folded before we bind them, I've left many of the pages empty so we can add onto what we already have. When we run out of space in that book, I will make a fresh one."

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:49 pm

(+331)

Lemme know when you reach your WC and content percentage for the Job<333

Ref for book making: link

Kamari nodded approvingly to the Paladin’s choice of binding and her reasoning. Their Kingdom was the best when it came to secrecy and deception, but, this was almost a double-edged sword when it came to matters amongst themselves as well. It meant that some would go to drastic measures to maintain their image and their secrets, or, to slight someone and ruin them for generations to come. Pride had no place in history, and a more permanent book would catch any that felt otherwise.

Idrieus gathered everything into a centralized area on the table, and, once the blonde had seated herself and divided up the work, Kamari followed suit. She took a handful of paper from the stack, marveling at the quality of it as she rolled it between her pads. The paper supplier of Helena’s certainly knew his trade. It was leagues better than the stiff, chunky, fibrous kind.

She began folding the long pages in half, creating a nice crease that would eventually become part of the finished book’s spine once the other final touches were made to it. “Volumes,” Kamari said with a nod, “Perhaps you could scribe who contributed to the book on the cover or maybe the first page or so?” It would help keep track of the biased and unbiased historians in the Kingdom. After all, Idrieus wouldn’t be around forever, and whatever history had been recorded before her time might have already been skewed from the truth.

“How thick will this one be?” She asked, testing the bundle of pages she’d folded. Her cornflower blue eyes shifted over the material on the table then. “Do you already have the first half of the book re-written somewhere?” She meant the history that had already come to pass. If they were in the process of making the book that recorded the Kingdom’s history, it surely meant the original had been damaged from the spring rains and mold growth.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

Dead Topics