i wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind

POSTED: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:59 pm

i can be needy, way too damn needy

Alejandra had been looking forward to her afternoon off for several reasons, but chiefly it was because of the narrative her daydreaming had conjured up.

In the wake of Narcissa's miscarriage, there was much more misery and tension suffocating the Greygrief household than usual. Both of her masters were upset (and disappointed, which seemed a more appropriate term for the would-be mother), and Aly felt as though they channeled their dismay by bullying their servant — which they always did, but her mind twisted it to be worse than it ordinarily was.

So, in her infinite boredom, the wolfdog often thought of her family; though they were worlds away from her now, and thus they began to drift further and further away from their mind, however subtle the separation was. More recently she began to imagine her fellow slaves Odalis and Silas, how gentle they acted to her and resilient they were to have survived in this horrid place for so long. She longed to cross paths with them again, even if it were only in servitude. But moreso than any of these, she thought of the graying man, the man with the vivid eyes.

It had been some time since they initially met, but long after she left him did her mind wander about him. As much as they had discussed, there were still so many mysteries that eluded her. What was Till's story? Had he always lived in Salsola? Why did he have so many children?

Stranger still was how her mind ran with fantasies that strayed from the truth: in her daytime hallucinations and even in her nightly dreams she clung to what she remembered of his person — the eyes most notably, but also the scars littering his arms and the Hand of Eris branded on his neck — and to the kindness, whether false or not, he had shown her. Clearly, even his brief moment of animalistic behaviour had been warped in her naive mind, instead bending around the warmness he had addressed her with, and Aly found herself itching to visit him again.

Of course, given her status in the kingdom, she felt it wise not to come to him empty-handed. Besides, nice as he had been, a little gift couldn't hurt and would show him how appreciative she was, and perhaps she would stay in his good graces. Luckily, she had spare bolts of cloth in her backpack, a dark blue that was leftover from a dress she had crafted months prior. Eagerly she stitched the fabric into a simple creation: a scarf. It was about the only thing the amount of cloth allowed her to do, anyway, but hopefully he would still receive her offering nonetheless.

As an afterthought, the girl donned different clothes herself for the occasion: the same royal blue dress of which the fabric was from. Perhaps the gesture wouldn't come across as manic; she merely... wanted to look nice for the man. Wasn't that it? Surely that was it.

"Anytime you need anything, just come to the Old Wall that lay right at the borders of the Ruins."

She found his house with some difficulty, though that was mostly because she was still somewhat unfamiliar with the layout of the area. Nonetheless, she stopped in front of the door, hesitating for just a moment before her dark hand rapped against the door in a knock; she receded from it afterwards, standing a considerate distance from his abode as she quickly smoothed out her simple dress and ran her fingers through her hair nervously. Her other hand held the gift behind her back, and she shifted back and forth on her toes as she sniffed the air, trying for his scent.

Hopefully this was his house, or she would feel incredibly foolish.

tell me how good it feels to be needed

Till! let's goooo >:) [+600]

avatars by Jacob, Nat, Mandi and Katie • signature by Gen
Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 am

OOC - Stayed up way past my bedtime to write this really weird post. *shrugs* WC: 992

Sheltered by ignorance, culled by naiveté

Till was tired this morning, and seemingly well into the afternoon. Something had been bugging him lately, for he felt strange within these past weeks. Since he had ended the life of Nephele, since the death of Ankh, things had been very strange within his heart. He felt different, numb almost, as if there was a coldness that had started to make the tips of his fingers frozen as if it was the dead of winter, as if he had no gloves to cover his pink padded hands from the weather - as if his blood had run cold. He did not feel a fire burning within him, he did not feel anger, or sorrow. He felt...nothing. The feeling was hollow and strange. He wondered if this was normal, if the lack of feeling anything had been something that was because of his age, or if it was because of the recent tragedies. He wondered if it was because of half his children and one of his wives leaving to go to the Outpost, where he could not be with them, he wondered if this hollow feeling had been because he was lonely here, at the Old Wall, away from his newest children and his wife, and daughter. He wondered if the anger had finally dissipated because he just didn't care anymore, or if he had finally just run dry with the love that he had once felt for his family.

Till sat on his perch upon the Old Wall, a place where he had come to both love and hate to sit. It reminded him of Dullahan, of how the man had left him what felt like so long ago now, of their time together, of everything that had happened. He loved this spot for the same reasons. It had filled him with anticipation, hope, and love once upon a time, but now, here, he sat there and felt nothing. No anger, no excitement. Till sat there and stared off into the forest as if it had put him into a trance. He sat there and stared out at the trees for what seemed like hours, until he had seen what he thought to be the eyes of silver and blue staring back at him, but in reality, it had been the eyes of crimson red and a mask of black that had appeared from the depths of the dark forest and heading straight towards Till and his perch.

Spartacus reminded Till of Dullahan very much, and this was something that Till had come to loathe. He loved his boy, but the complicated feelings that he felt was annoying. Today, there was no feeling here, only a hollow chest as his boy had come to him and looked up at him with eyes that were similar - if only darker - to Helena's own crimson eye.

"Good afternoon, Father. What are you doing up there?" asked the prodigal son to his father, whom he had noticed had begun to "white out".

"I'm waiting."

"For?"

"Das Ende."

"Of?" the boy cocked his head at his father in confusion, not knowing what the man was talking about as he blankly stared off into the forest. Till looked off into the distance and swore he could see a hooded figure lingering just out of his eyesight's reach, with a raven perched on his shoulder. Was this numbness just a sign of Till's end?

Till did not answer the boy before he suddenly stood up and came down from the Wall with a swiftness. He stood there for a moment and watched the spot he had been since he was on top of the Wall, but just as the figure had appeared, it had just was easily vanished.

"Are you okay, dad?" asked the son, before Till nodded his head eagerly and turned away from the boy, heading towards the cabin. "Yes my boy, let us go eat some lunch." he spoke with a smile as he grabbed at Sparta's shoulder and lead him inside. Once they were inside, Till and Sparta sat down for lunch. The boy silently went about his business from his successful hunt earlier in the day and once he had a silent lunch with his father, he went up to his room to rest for a bit. Till had moved from the kitchen to his chair that sat before his fireplace, and he relaxed there. His cat, Guts, was quick to join him on the chair, and once the cat was settled in Till's lap, Till's hand went and stroked the cat's shiny onyx fur.

He sat there for a long time, staring into the flames that morphed into the shapes of gods before his eyes. This is where he remained until there was a knock at his door. He sighed then and turned his head away from the flames to look at the door. "Who is bothering me now?" he asked himself under his breath as he got up from his chair and went to the door. He opened it and his eyes came down to look at the servant girl he had met a few weeks back. Still as pretty as ever, he was surprised she would come to his home. He smiled, but still felt hollow as he looked at her with his bright cosmic eyes.

"Alejandra, how nice of you to visit. Please, come in." he spoke politely as he stepped to the side and let her come into his home. He lead her to the living area and motioned for her to have a seat on the love-seat that had luxurious furs lined along it. He took a seat in his own throne-like chair and he smiled to her. "To what do I owe this pleasurable visit from a lovely lady?" he asked as he looked to her, wondering what she had hiding behind her back.

Sparta Speaks

Cancerous words they all say, just get caught in the way

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Nandolicious@FA, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:09 pm

i can be needy, way too damn needy

It seemed her fears were in vain, as they were only a few times before (in Salsola it was right to fear everything, after all); soon after the knock she heard some shuffling inside, murmured words, and his disguised scent became more apparent as he neared the door. It swung open, revealing the man of gray and white fur, and he greeted her with his transfixed cheshire grin that carried so many different meanings behind it. Hopefully this time it was genuine, but Aly really had no way of knowing: reading people was... a challenge.

She lowered her muzzle at him and gave a shy smile, but her tail wagged softly behind her all the same. It was one thing to imagine people she had missed seeing; it was another thing altogether to see them physically standing in front of her, portraying as much warmth and kindness as she had daydreamed in her head. Even if it was all posturing, at least it felt real, even for a moment.

He lead her inside and had her sit on a rather fancy-looking couch, and Alejandra hesitated momentarily before obeying. Was she... allowed to sit on something so nice? But if the Ulrich patriarch had willed it, she would have no choice but to comply. Till seated himself a ways from her on a fancy chair, and Aly found herself fidgeting under his vivid twilit gaze.

"O-Oh, well, I..." Her words sounded hoarse, scattered; she licked her lips and began again, her hands turning over the gift again and again behind her back. "I was... really touched by how nice you were to me the other day, sir. It's... really rare that someone shows me any kindness here, and..." She looked at him slowly, her legs crossing at the ankles and uncrossing again. "I wanted to show you... how much I appreciate that." Maybe she didn't sound like a complete brown noser; but did it matter? If something good happened in her miserable existence, was it a sin to not take it and run?

She revealed the scarf and held it loosely in her lap, turning it over in her hands nervously. Of course, the moment she went to present the gift to him, she found herself scrutinizing her work for imperfections (even if they didn't exist; she had taken a lot of time to make sure the piece was flawless). Nevertheless, she went to stand but then froze — should she wait for his word to move?

But Till gave her a small nod, a gesture to approach. Aly quickly rose from the couch and gingerly stepped towards him, the gift held out in her dark hands.

"It's a scarf." She laughed anxiously. "I don't have a lot of fabrics or materials with me here so I couldn't make something... nicer... but I — I hope you like it." She felt her face flush, her heart fluttering in anticipation. Second thoughts bombarded her mind: was it a pitiful excuse for a present? Would he even humor her with a response? Should she just flee now before she faced his response? Do I look stupid in this dress? But she stood still as a stone, her sense of servitude demanding she wait for some sort of dismissal or demand, even if her legs shook badly with jitters.

tell me how good it feels to be needed

:> [+500]

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:54 pm

OOC - Apologies for the wait. WC: 1045

Sheltered by ignorance, culled by naiveté

She was a nervous one, he noticed. He didn't blame her by any means, he knew that servants could be such when they were new and did not know how to act when they were subservient to another canine. He did not mind her nervous habits of fidgeting and trembling, he knew that he was a fearsome being, even though he had been nice to her in the past. He still planned on being nice to her, for she had a use, no matter how little it was, it was enough for him. She came into his home, like a mouse into the lair of a snake, and she seated herself once he had allowed her the pleasure. His smile was unflinching as his twilit gaze lingered on her and her form, as if she was a fresh piece of meat, and he could barely keep himself from leaping upon such like the ravenous animal he was. He did not move from his spot, he crossed one leg over the other to get comfortable in his chair as he sat there, waiting to know what she had come to him for. Was it a favor? Was it for pleasure?

Did the girl have darker intentions for this visit? Was this why she had dressed in what seemed to be her most fancy clothing? Till tilted his head slightly, as if to look at her better, and the male's white and gray hair followed the motion of his head. Till's hand went to his hair then, and he pushed the majority of it to one side, fiddling with the length that had grown out much too long for him to manage on his own. He, soon, would need to cut it, though it still freaked him out that his hair was becoming white, which was why he had not trimmed the darker ends, in attempts to save the darker hair. His hand went and absently traced the Salsolan symbol that was carved into his flesh, bright and pink like the rest of his scars, though this one much more intentional than any of the others.

She finally spoke to him and she flipped a piece of fabric in her hands over and over. It was the same color of her dress, and he wondered if it was the same material. He looked down at her hands as they flipped it over, and over and over, and he thought almost to tell her to stop when she finally finished what she was saying. She made something for him, out of that fabric, to show him how much she appreciated having a friend. Till's smile tugged at his lips slightly, and his head cocked just a little bit more as he nodded for her to come show him what she had made. She stiffly stood up and then handed over the scarf. His hands ran across the silky surface of the scarf, and the stars in his eyes seemed to brighten up with joy as he looked at it. She explained what it was, and Till wasted little time taking it and wrapping it gingerly around his neck.

He couldn't help his next action, which had been to take in the deep scent of her that was on it. He breathed in at the edge of the fabric, and sighed lightly as he let the air escape his lungs. He didn't really realize what he had done until he looked back up at her and his ears turned back on his head lightly. He felt embarrassed that he had done that in front of her, but when he looked at her again, something told him that she might not have minded the action. His eyes still twinkled with happiness and excitement.

Helena had never given him such personal gifts. It had always been made by someone else, commissioned by her. She had no talent with a needle and thread. The last gift had he been given that had been so personal had been from the sweet Elody Lykoi. Those days seemed so far away and so innocent. It was a blue scarf, just like the one he wore now, and while he did feel something, anything, it had been the deep seed of loneliness that he felt. Till's tail wagged still though, for he knew not to linger on the past. There was a woman here who cared enough to do something nice for him, and he appreciated it more than she knew.

"I...I love this, Alejandra... It's so beautiful..." he told her as he looked at her with a warm smile on his maw. It was different than most of his smiles, smaller, genuine and had a warmth to it that was different from his toothy grin. "You really are too kind. Please, do not get in trouble for making such things for me. I love this, more than you know..I just cannot fathom the abuse that you might have to endure for things like this. " he spoke to her, knowing that she was young, she might not have realized that this could have gotten her into a heap of trouble with her masters, whom did not like him. Till did not like Andrew either, but that was different.

"Please, have some tea with me. It's the least that I can do." he told her as he stood up from his seat and he moved towards his kitchen, where he had a kettle and some water in a bucket. He filled the kettle and then placed it over his low fire and then he placed two cups on the table before moving back to the chairs where he left her and he went and sat down on the other side of the loveseat that she was sitting upon. "How are you doing, by the way? Are you settled in yet?" he asked her, concerned about her well-being as much as he could have been. He didn't want her to be harmed. It was the last thing he would ever want for her.

She was too pure for Salsola. This place would eat her up and spit her out if she did not learn soon.

Sparta Speaks

Cancerous words they all say, just get caught in the way

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:51 pm

sorry that i think i'm not enough

She saw the subtle change to his lips when she presented the scarf; there was a certain glint to his pretty eyes, one that was quite unlike the unworldly charm they held before. Was it happiness? Did he like it? The servant watched in agonizing anticipation as he held it for a moment before stringing across his shoulders and round his neck. It seemed to compliment his curious irises especially well, and Aly couldn't hide her small smile when he seemed taken by her token of appreciation. It was a relief, if nothing else — she had half-expected him to shoo her away with her meager offering, but it appeared Till was very much fond of the simple garment.

When he breathed into the scarf, however, a different sort of anxiousness crept through her doughy frame.

It was... strange, the way he smelled the scarf so intently and deeply, and Aly gulped nervously, the fear overtaking her again. Was something wrong with it? Did he not like that it still smelled of her? Oh, oh no. Maybe I should've... washed it first or something...? But the aura of joy he exuded remained staunchly in place regardless of his actions, and Aly tried to abandon her concerns as she replicated his beam in kind, albeit with much more reservation and softness.

He complimented her and the girl felt fire surge through her veins again, as if she hadn't just been alight moments before. The heat in her face was hotter than before, and she quickly nodded to his voice as she looked at her feet, embarrassed. "O-Oh, I... I'm so... glad you like it, Mr. Till..." Her words were quiet, grateful. She hadn't heard such sweet nothings in so long... Her masters had always expected so much of her without any sort of repayment that it felt good to be appreciated.

Her head snapped up at his concerns, and her brow furrowed slightly in confusion. "A... buse?" she repeated, unsure. "Well, he... he doesn't... know." A nervous laugh. "I've been working on it when I have free time... I don't know if Andr — Lord Greygrief knows. I hope he doesn't know."

It was a reality she had considered but pushed away time and time again. If Andrew had found out of her secrecy he certainly would have something to say about it; but Alejandra thought she had been covering her tracks well and hiding her work. Surely he wouldn't know, would he? She tried to shake the thought and instead filled her fluff-filled, naive brain with the inviting way Till said he loved the scarf. It only served to brighten the red tinting her cheeks and strengthen the weakness in her knees.

The Ulrich switched gears, inviting her for tea. Had she ever even drank tea before? Was she allowed to, anyhow? "Tea? I... I would... love that, sir. Thank you." She bowed her head to him as he went about preparing the drinks, and after awkwardly lingering by his throne for a few more moments she migrated to the couch again and settled into the lavish furs with more inelegance; she felt far too inferior to indulge in his luxuries, but he had insisted, so she had to room to argue.

"I am... doing okay, I guess." He came to sit beside her, and Aly tried to focus on her fidgeting hands instead of their new closeness. She gripped the hem of her dress and rolled it between her fingers before smoothing it out again. "It's... still hard to — to accept where I am, but... I guess it'll get easier with time..." She shrugged, glancing back at the man. "They aren't so bad. Sometimes Lady Greygrief is really harsh, but... if I do as I'm told... it's not so bad." She attempted a smile but it fell flat, the mere mention of Narcissa placing a weight on her already tense psyche. She quickly added, "A-And you? Are you doing okay, sir?"

and sorry if i say sorry way too much

:> [+600]

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:08 am

OOC - Not sure why this is so long when he only spoke so little >.>' WC:1239

And did I fail to mention, I've fought tooth and nail

Till wondered if he was the only man who saw her beauty. He wondered if he was the only one who understood that she was a fragile being that needed to be treated with kindness, that she was different than the other servants. She was different than Silas, than Nephele, Phobos. She was different than Andrew, than Abeni, and Heine so long ago. She was a different creature as a whole, and while all of these other servants were able to adapt to their environment, she was lacking in this department. He did not think that it would be because Andrew was a merciful master, no, Till thought that the male might be harsher because of his own treatment when he first got to Salsola. He didn't just think it, he believed it with every fiber of his being, and this was why he constantly asked this girl how he was treating her, for if he found out that she was treated with disrespect, then Till might have to seek out justice in whatever way he could.

The gift that he now wore would become a favorite of his, and while he wished that her scent would stay upon it forever, he knew that, sooner or later, he would have to get the scent from the garment because of his nosy family. They would likely ask questions, and even now seemed unsafe for him, for Spartacus remained upstairs and would likely know that he had the Greygrief slave within their home. Till wondered where they could meet where they would not be watched by the eyes of Salsola, but they also would still be within the packlands. He thought about this more as he sat there with her, as she had returned to her seat. She explained to him that she was not abused, in her own stuttering and flattered way. He probably shouldn't have flattered her so much so that she might be able to speak straight, but, flattery seemed to be a good way to get information out of her, so it was a good way to manipulate the girl if anything. He felt guilty as he tried to goad information out of her though, for part of it was too easy, and the other part was that she was so innocent that it was like he was taking a bone from a pup.

"I hope he does not know either, my friend. " he commented back, hoping that her secrecy had been kept well enough for her to get away with her small gift to him. She did not deserve to be harmed or maimed for making friends, for Salsola needed more creatures like her, ones who made gifts for each other not because they wanted to bribe the other, but simply because they cared for one another. He sighed lightly, and a finger brushed against the edge of the scarf that he wore around his neck. It was an absent gesture, one he had done many times in the past when he used to regularly wear them. It was not particularly cold enough to wear the garment everyday, much less today either, but he knew that once Winter had come, this would be a regularly used material for him. He did not mind it at all, and for now, he would ignore the warmth at his neck to bear the gift while she was here with him. It was a small price to pay for such a beautiful, loving gift. He had to wonder if she really did treat him like this because she respected him, or if she was just a silly little girl, looking for affection wherever she could receive it.

He would not deny her attentions, nor could he say that he had not been like her in his youth. He had been neglected before, made fun of because of his budding tic condition, yet, still he made friends in the Dark Prince, and maybe it was time for him to repay the favor of the Dark Prince and give his affections to a woman who was down on her luck, even if it had to be given in secret. "Please, Alejandra, you do not need to call me "Mr. Till." I believe that Till, or Henchman, will suffice. " he told her, insisting that she did not call him "Mister" because it made him feel old, even though he did have quite a few years on her, and it was true that he was much older than she was. She accepted his offer of tea, and he smiled to her warmly. "Once the water is warm, we shall have tea then." he told her as he leaned on the side of the couch they both sat on.

Once she had gone on to answer his question of how she was doing, she stammered and told him of how she fared in the Greygrief household. It was truth, that she might be able to get away with not being punished, but she also needed a challenge to keep her mind at bay. She did not need to be chained up like a puppy dog, and while he thought that she needed some freedom, he then realized that her freedom was spent here, with him, right now. Till felt his heart seemingly sink in his chest as he thought about how she had come to him with whatever free time she did have. Till smiled still though, his polite demeanor never changing no matter what inner turmoil had brought him down. He didn't even know why he cared so much about preserving the innocence of this young woman. She was a pawn, a tool for him to use, and he found himself actually caring.

It was pathetic. She was so much more lower than him, than he ever would be. He would not allow her innocence, her beauty captivate him. He had other things to worry about. He had other friends.

She asked him the same question, and his tail flickered back and forth lightly in pleasure. He smiled to her and nodded his head. While he was not particularly okay, for he sensed something on the horizon, he found himself momentarily happy, for her present had distracted him from his own 'impending doom' seeking. "I am well enough. Your gift has lifted my spirits, it has. I am very fond of scarves, it is almost as if you knew." he spoke with a smile as he played with the ends of the scarf once more in his hands, feeling the silken fabric as his pink padded fingers rubbed against it.

Till did not want to talk about himself though, no, he wanted to talk about her, and about what had been going on. He took his left hand and placed it on her right, stopping it from picking at the hem of her dress. He squeezed her hand ever so lightly as he looked into her deep blue eyes. "You would tell me if you got into trouble, or if they are hurting you, right?" he asked her, resisting the urge to put his hand on her cheek, for he knew that there was only so far he could go without seeming like he wanted something from her, that he needed her when he clearly did not feel that need. He only wanted information from her, he only wanted her honesty.

To get where I am today?

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 am

The way he idly fiddled with her scarf was good, she thought. She found herself watching his fingers move in lieu of looking at his eyes, a gesture that she knew was not exactly a right for her, a slave. His hands moved with gentleness, with a fondness that caused even the faintest of smiles to grace her features. It was almost like a drug, this feeling. She had seen it times before, before Salsola — briefly her mind wandered to the soft-spoken Theodora, how elated and thankful she was when Aly insisted she keep the baby blue dress that fit her so well. While in that case she hadn't made the garb just for the recipient like with Till, somehow it felt as though it was made for her — Aly felt it a sin to not let her keep it. I wonder how Theo is doing now... Hopefully in whatever she was pursuing she did so with the same grace and hospitality as she had shown to Aly. What a beautiful soul.

It was a shame she would never see her again. It was a shame she would never see her nor Mateo or Rose or Tora or anyone else she had met, never mind her family that waited for her return worlds away. It was so hard to push away the memories of all those kind people, but they had no place in Salsola with her. They couldn't do anything for her now except sadden her.

He gave her a light chiding, a redirection regarding her vernacular. "O-Oh, s-sorry," she responded automatically, lowering her muzzle. It wasn't a harsh request, but she felt a bit silly nevertheless. Perhaps she had been a bit too formal — or informal? Was calling one by their rank the correct way in the Thistle Kingdom? When he spoke of tea, she bobbed her head obediently. His smile was so infectious when it was soft and genuine... "Of course... Till." It felt a bit weird in her mouth, but perhaps it would grow on her.

Her eyes were drawn to the black-tinged flame dancing behind him, his tail flicking as he spoke. Again his hands busied themselves with the scarf; again he sang her praises; again Aly blushed like a school girl. "That's... good... I'm glad to hear that," she replied distractedly, her own hands still buried in the deep blue of her dress.

That was, until Till saw it fit to rescue them. She seized up when he touched her, her bright eyes wide like saucers as she gawked stupidly at his hand as he so delicately squeezed hers. Slowly she rose her head to look at him, and of course he was boring into her with those twilit eyes. Her mouth hung open but no words came out, and she closed it again to swallow hard and lick her lips. "... I... would... t-tell you," she stammered, trying hard to fight the urge to look away or blink. It felt an insult to his rank if she pulled from his grasp — nor did she want to relinquish the small source of warmth. "I p-promise."

Besides, it was true; they hadn't hurt her. They were not especially nice to her, but they hadn't physically harmed her. Yet. Perhaps the worst thing that had happened was witnessing the "complications" of Narcissa's pregnancy, and that was without a doubt the worst sight she had ever lay eyes on; but this wasn't either of her masters' faults. It just wasn't meant to be.

She shifted slightly on the loveseat under his intense gaze, but the hand underneath Till's did not budge an inch.

:> [+600]

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:58 pm

OOC - WC: 541

One cold winter's night, I may follow her voice to the river

She was embarrassed, he could tell. He found something bloom within his chest that was akin to the feeling he held for his daughters, and it was a sense of needing to protect those who are weaker, more fragile than him and his own. He begun to hate this feeling as it bloomed within him, and he tried to smash it as if it was as gentle as a flower, but it did nothing, it only seemed to bloom elsewhere and stronger than before, like a field of flowers sprouting in the early days of spring. Till looked at her with his bright, intense gaze, but still there was a warmth there that he could not explain. He did not need to do so. He wouldn't tell her these things, even though his actions seemed to speak a lot more than his words ever would. "It's okay, I know you are just being a good girl. It's good to do that, it's your job here. " he told her with his same smile and a nod of his head.

Once she had looked to him, it felt like spears had gone through him, and when she had told him that she would tell him if things were not okay, he felt his throat close off a small growl as he looked down to her. She was much smaller than him, so delicate, like a flower...

He nodded his head once more to her and the same smile did not budge from his maw. "I appreciate it. It's hard to find an honest woman among these snakes." he spoke, though he did not tell her whom he thought were snakes, but anyone who might be smart enough to know his wives might think that he was talking about the flame witch whom he had foolishly married. "It's like a breath of fresh air really," he told her with a chuckle as he took her hand and placed his pink lips to it and there he gave it a small kiss. "Please, be careful out there." he told her as he twitched an ear at the kettle's whistling, and once he heard it go off, he released her hand and got up from the couch, walked to the kitchen and prepared the brewed tea. He sprinkled some honey within the cups, and added just a dash of goat's milk before he brought the two cups back and handed one over to her carefully.

"Be careful, it's hot!" he warned her as he waited for her to have a good grip on it before he let her have it.

"It's chamomile with honey and some goat's milk. I hope you like it." he told her as he blew on his own tea to cool it. Once he found it to be cool enough he sipped at it and sighed in relief.

"I cannot wait for Winter. Nothing is better than sitting in front of a fire, drinking some hot tea, and watching the snow fall outside." he told her as he looked to his window. "What is your favorite season, Aly?" he asked her, taking the liberty to give use a nickname for her.

Leave me for now and forever, Leave while you can

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:01 am

"It's okay, I know you are just being a good girl."

Something about his words coupled with the warmth of his hand and the sincerity in his eyes caused another bolt of electricity to shoot through her body. Her mouth hung ajar for a moment as she scrambled to say something, but in the end there was nothing she could say. Instead she nodded numbly at his sentiment, her head swimming as her eyes idly glazed over his face, his cosmic eyes, the brand on his neck. How could Till not see how obviously she was swooning? Perhaps he was simply too polite to acknowledge it; had he called her out on it she might would have died from embarrassment on the spot.

"An... honest woman?" she repeated uncertainly. Did Till not know any honest women? But wasn't he —

All too suddenly a realization hit the poor slave.

Till was married.

A different sort of anxiety gripped her now, one that was not at all bubbly or warm as the other had been. It was cold, a hollow thing, a bitter reminder that nothing was ever as good as it seemed. None of his actions were to be looked into; he was just being nice, that was it. He couldn't betray his wives, could he? Perhaps Till saw a broken girl and sought to alleviate her pain and that was the extent of it. Why he would want to do so she didn't really know. Good Samaritans existing in Salsola seemed a stretch.

But why else would he show her such hospitality? And why else would it have prompted her to commit such time and energy to him anyhow?

These musings were interrupted as his grasp on her shifted, and he brought her dark hand to his lips. Again she was lurched into another wave of nauseating emotions, but perhaps they were less fuzzy and nice as they had been before. The kiss was a surprise and she was still flattered, but she couldn't get past this... what was it, anyway? Disappointment? Why was she even disappointed? Why would anyone actually care for a slave, much less be interested in one?

"A-Are your... your wives not honest women?" There was evidence of her turmoil in her eyes, and ordinarily the wolfdog would be too timid to voice such a question. But her desire to know outweighed her status in this instance.

By the time he had left to fetch the tea, her fears were somewhat quieted. He held the concoction to his guest with a warning, and she did as she was told; she took a ginger taste of the drink, and the warm taste of the tea's bitterness paired with the sweetness of the honey was quite interesting. "Oh, gosh, this is delicious," she gushed, offering him a small smile as she took another sip of the beverage. "I've, um, never had tea before. Thank you so much." Her momentary disillusionment was fading now.

She stifled a laugh by drinking more of the tea. "That sounds... really nice." Maybe if she was lucky, Till would let her experience it some with him. Her ears perked at the newly appointed nickname; it wasn't one she was unfamiliar with at all, but it held a different lilt to it coming from Till's flavored dialect.

"Hmm..." Her gaze followed his to the window. "I like the Autumn. Seeing the trees change colors is really pretty."

She fell quiet, instead taking sips of her drink. Dark eyes wandered from the window to the man again, and she found herself marveling at how nicely the scarf she had sewn hung around his neck, how her scent was mingling with his... She blinked, her eyes wide because of this stray thought. Would he catch her staring? "S-Sorry, I, um," she stuttered, eyes pinning to the floor again. "I just, uh... The scarf looks really n-nice. O-On, you, I mean! As in... Well, that is to say, uh..."

Even in the face of Till's marital status she couldn't help herself; she felt... bewitched, somehow. She hated how stupid she sounded and acted. She couldn't even bring herself to finish the thought; she lacked the foresight or the courage.

:> [+700]

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:24 pm

OOC - >:] WC: 682

When the cold in my heart leaves, It comes to an end

Once the question had hit his ears, he had realized that he had messed up. He shouldn't have said what he had, and it had been a momentarily lapse in judgement, and he shouldn't have let these words pass his maw. Her innocuous words made his ears fall to the sides of his head and he finally looked away from her, drawing back and a deep sigh coming from his lips. "We are all snakes, my friend. No one tells the truth all of the time." he told her as his eyes turned back toward her, and his own heart felt shaken with the truth that she might be acting, trying to fool him to get information about what he knew for her service to Andrew. He did not know to whom she might be loyal to, if it was to him or Andrew, if she played the game so well, or was just as innocent as she seemed.

His fingers absently went to the scarf that she had given him. Where there was once doubt about her loyalty came hope with the realization that she had given him something when she barely had anything to give. She did not have to do that, nor did he think that Andrew would have been so manipulative enough to use her to watch him, and therefore commission her to make a scarf for him. No, he did not think that Andrew would do that, or was smart enough to think of it.

Regardless of if she was working with Andrew or if she truly was friendly, and grateful, Till still did not completely answer her question of if his wives were not honest. He seemingly refused to.

They both sipped their tea and moved on to the conversation of the seasons. She thanked him for the tea just prior, and he nodded his head lightly. "I drink a lot of tea, surprisingly. I...don't remember when or how I first tasted it, but you could say I have a fascination with trying new flavors." he spoke, trying to rack his brain for a memory of his first time drinking tea and what flavor it might have been, but he couldn't remember. He had tea so often that it was almost a habit at this point, and it was often that he would go out of his way to get more tea leaves from whatever traders he could find. "I'm glad to know that I'm the first one to give you some tea. I hope this memory will not fade like the others." he additionally spoke before sipping on his tea once more, and she went on to answer his question about the season that was her favorite.

Autumn. He could see that. She seemed like a woman who would like the cooling weather and the changing colors of the leaves. Till smiled and nodded his head to her. "Autumn is beautiful, you are right." he told her as his tail flicked behind him in a playful way. He turned to look at the window once more, imagining the trees turning colors and remembering times of the past. He could not believe it was now to be his fifth Autumn, and then once the end of Winter would come, he would become six years old. He sighed once more and sipped his tea again, turning his eyes to the cup before he caught the girl staring at him for some time. She was quiet, and he wondered what she was thinking about to make her fall so silent just then. She suddenly became flustered and told him that the scarf looked really good on him. He laughed at her and pushed his left hand through his bangs and then to through to the back of his head where it rested. "Thanks, Aly. You are a very skilled seamstress, I am lucky to receive such a gift from you." he told her with that same smile before the sudden sounds of cats fighting made him turn his head in surprise...

And quietly I'll go to sleep

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

Dead Topics