What kind of idea are you?

POSTED: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:15 am

[WC: 241]

When he had seen the slave woman bent over the plants, he had asked her about the collection – because they seemed terribly specific to a trained eye. Corrine, to her credit, tried to honor the relative privacy of the young man she had tended to, but Grievous worked it from her soon enough. She did not tell him specifics, but he did not press her on the matter. Instead, Grievous dismissed her to other duties and took up the collecting himself.

He hoisted the basket in one hand and let the other hand free, following the little stream towards the tall-grass plains. Salsola had plenty of open land between its forests but most of this was marshy or too salty for many flowers to grow. For what he was after, more solid ground was needed.

Just beyond the apple orchard was one such field. Here, Grievous set down the woven basket. He stretched and stepped into the mass, thinking belatedly he would need to search his fur for ticks afterwards. Deer frequented the area and the summer had brought out the worst of the bugs already – and it was still early yet.

All the rain was good for the plants, at least. Grievous reached for one tall flowering daisy, turning it in his hand to better examine the stem. When he was satisfied by the prickly, pine-like look, he squatted and used a sharp blade to cut this free.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
Mel
Luperci
supernova

POSTED: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Word Count → +300 :: OOC Here.

Corrine had done a wonderful job with helping the young boy to take care of the injuries on his hands. While he had no doubt that his Dad would have eventually helped him, or maybe even his Papa once he had seen the damage that had been laying hidden under the bandages, he felt it best to get treatment from someone outside of them. His Dad would no doubt continue to lecture him on the 'punishment' that this was and he didn't want to risk an argument between his Dad and Papa over him.

Guilt already ate at him enough, and he didn't want to cause anymore problems than he already seemed to have done.

Pink eyes focused on the path ahead of him, but Eden couldn't help but turn his eyes back down on his hands. All that pain had been a handful to take in, and the events that happened at the solstice were not something that was going to leave his head so easily.

Thank goodness for the distractions.

The boy found himself among the field of flowers. Making crowns and giving them to others had been one of his favorite things to do, and a sure sign of not only his more gentle nature, but to try and make friends as well. He didn't have much to offer anyone else otherwise. A smile had formed where there wasn't one as he moved through the field, eyes cast out over the many colors.

His eyes stopped when he saw that someone else was here as well. He was mostly white, but had some other gray colors. It reminded him a bit of his grandpa's colors, but different. He had more of a mane than hair, and there were braids that feel down by his ears. He had noticed the male was looking over one of the flowers, then used a knife to cut it. Head tilted to the side before he found himself padding closer, "You like flowers too?"

Eden de le Ulrich

Salsola
Bambino
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm

[WC: 286]

Dark and made of narrow lines, it was his pink nose and off-colored eyes that gave Eden away as much as the bandages on his arms. Grievous had grown up alongside his father, and though Coax had drifted to dark places full of magic and strange men, there had been no animosity between the two (despite O'Riley's constant badgering on the matter). Corrine did not tell him exactly what had happened, but mentioned an “accident” and informed him that Coax already knew.

Things happened. After Scourge had been stabbed, Grievous had stopped being surprised about what could happen if people got careless.

When Grievous stood the young man was already close. He slid the knife into the basket before greeting him properly – bending his body a little to accommodate their height difference before brushing cheeks. Reinforcing traditions like this with the younger generation would ensure such things continued, and Grievous suspected that someone was always watching. It was best to assume this, at least.

I suppose so, he admitted as he straightened up, holding out the chamomile so Eden could examine it. This flower can be used in medicine, that's why I'm taking it. I remember you from the meals. You're Eden, aren't you? There was a girl too, he recalled, but with the pair now nearly adults it did not surprise him they were apart. He, after all, hadn't seen his own siblings for several seasons. I'm Grievous.

Do you know about flowers? You could help me. I need as many of these as we can find, he explained, and indicated the plant he had cut. There are a lot that look very similar, but this one is what I'm after. Have you seen it before?

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
Mel
Luperci
supernova

Salsola