on another midnight run

[lena-bug]

POSTED: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

[399]
set immediately after this thread. :DDD

Teme Optime is by Alaine!

There was a satisfactory ache about the shadow prince's body as he moved through the Court lands. His nighttime activities had sufficiently released the static energy about the male and his gait was almost lazy as dawn splashed across the lands. It was peaceful and calm and the ache that had settled between his thighs the day before was no absent. It was inevitable that a self-satisfied smirk lifted the corner of the males mouth, a spring in his step where there had been tension before. It mattered very little to him that he couldn't remember her name, nor the damage he'd caused in his passion. The chill of the morning washed over the male but he appreciated it. He'd left the house yesterday morning as he usually did and hadn't returned until this morning- he was looking forward to a long nap in his own sleeping furs.

As if on cue, a wide yawn stretched his mouth and he ended it with a soft whine from the back of his mouth. With a sigh, the dark male took once more to the trees- they were sparser than Vinátta's endless forest but it was comforting to be able to climb up into the boughs and swing forward. Heading back towards the house he shared with Lena, a different kind of anticipation settled in his stomach. He always enjoyed coming home to her, even if they were just friends. The sun was just a little higher in the sky when the dark male dropped from the trees closest to their house. It was run down, as everything from the remnants of humanity was, but it was slowly becoming familiar.

He knew Lena wasn't as early a riser as his father at least and he thought he had an hour or two before she rose. She may not have noticed he was gone and in that case, he would slip into his bed and rise a few hours later refreshed. Slowly he moved forward, dark hands on the door. It always squeaked when it was moved and the boy hadn't yet figured out how to fix it. Wincing softly at the noise, he tried to open it as little as possible, squeezing his body in and shutting it as quietly as he could. His heart beat fast, white-rimmed ears flashing back and forward to see if he'd disturbed his house mate.

Last edited by Temeraire Stormbringer on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temeraire Stormbringer
Tem is on a trip to Freetown 20th-31st May
He is in optime form with no clothes unless otherwise specified
Avatar by Alaine, Sig by Nat/Sie

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

he doesn’t look a thing like Jesus, but he talks like a gentleman
like you imagined when you were young
(502) sorry for wall o' text. >w>

Lena did not become worried until she felt the house cooled and as the night took over the Court. She knew that Temeraire always returned before long, not long enough for her to even think about where he went. It was like that when they lived at the Lakes--they would wake, and go off to do what they wanted for that day. Neither really questioned where or what they were doing, and neither thought nothing of it, really, as they would always come back to the hut when time called for it. It was as if a silent little pact was formed between them, and nothing tested it.

They went off their ways as usually, her own day spent with unexcitement--the usual traveling about the territory, taking to the familiar paths to see if she could avoid roots that she had caught her foot under some other day. She returned at a reasonable time, maybe approaching dusk. Teme wasn't home, and she didn't worry. They came in and out at different times, and she did not think about it. She had laid in her own room, were was rather plain and sparse of anything but a few of her personal objects and a bed piled with furs for blankets.

She laid, and laid, and nothing stirred in the house for a while. A lapse of time went, her mind blank with relaxation and quietness, and she then realized that Temeraire was not there despite the time that went. It was definitely night out, for the house had chilled a few degrees and the muted sounds of the dark--crickets, the occasional frog--leaked into the house. But, she refused to think about it for a while. Her pride was stubborn, and she decided she would not be reduced to worry over something that was possibility not worth worrying over.

After an hour or so, maybe more, she guessed, she began to worry. But, she pushed the feeling out of mind. He'll be back soon, she thought, scoffing at her own self, and rolled over in the furs to become more comfortable in the bed. But, she could not force sleep upon herself. There were moments where she would drift, but whatever rest she got, it was light and easily disturbed. The house creaked, and she minutely jumped, thinking it was the door. But, it was only the wind.

She did not know how much time had passed, the word becoming irrelevant to the blind girl. She did not move from the bed, unsure if she was in another fit of sleep or if she was awake. Another creak, but this time it was accompanied by shuffling of feet, and a quiet click. The closing of a door. Teme, she called in an half-questioning, half-tired and annoyed tone, rising from her room and approaching where the slinking boy was. He couldn't deny that he was himself, for he smelled like him--but, there was something different, yet entirely familiar, and it confused and worried her. Temeraire?

what do you know, this house is falling apart

POSTED: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 am

[282]
:DDD

Perhaps he knew he would get caught. Stealth was never to be relied upon when it came to Lena- her lack of eyesight had certainly improved her hearing and it was difficult to move without the girl knowing. The creak of the door and the subsequent creak and click as it closed would never have been inconspicuous enough to avoid her attention. Almost immediately, he heard her words from upstairs, her half-questioning as if she'd been asleep. He'd woken her up and now there was no way to avoid it really. A little louder, his full name accompanied with uncertain footsteps. Maybe she was just checking that it was him and not an intruder. He had no desire to worry her that it wasn't him and he lightened his voice into something more friendly.

"Its just me Lennie..." He called out as he moved towards the dark girl. "You should go back to bed, its still early." He offered, his tones soft and soothing. Perhaps he could reassure her that nothing was wrong; in fact, nothing was was. He'd returned unscathed, although the same couldn't be said for the girl he'd taken his frustrations out on earlier in the night. Stepping forward, he brushed her arm with his hand, a swift gesture that let her know where he was. It was a habit, touching her, letting her know where he was and what he was doing. But it was also a comfort thing, the brush of his fur against her own. "You must still be tired, come on." Maybe he could avoid this situation; the situation where she asked him where he'd been since yesterday morning when they'd last seen each other.

Last edited by Temeraire Stormbringer on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 am

(--) ;3

She only breathed slightly, a minute sigh in relief, as he confirmed that it was him. At least he did not sound like anything was wrong, which was good, she supposed; rather that than something terrible, after all. He commented how early it was, and she vaguely wondered what time it was exactly. It didn't seem early, but rather very late. Hours and minutes were lost to her, but she knew that a lot had passed since she had been home and that he hadn't. Despite his calming tone, it did not ease the confusion in her mind, and she tried her best to dismiss it.

"I'm not tired," she mumbled stubbornly, shrugging her arm away from his touch in case he would try to lead her back to her room. She had been tired, moments ago when she was laying still it bed half awake and half asleep. She was even bit fatigue standing there, but she was not going to be lured back to bed when so many questions fluttered against her hazy mind, and she forced herself to appear aware and awakened. It wasn't too hard, but part of her did like the boy's suggestion of crawling back to bed, and absentmindedly she wondered how much sleep she actually got, but she pushed the thought out of mind.

"Why weren't you here? You never came home--you got caught in a booby trap, or something?" She did not want to seem like she was worried, and tried to humorous, but her voice was rather halfhearted as she mindfully kept her eyelids in check. Perhaps it was nothing, and he was hunting late or something.

POSTED: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am

[379]
:DDD

It seemed to him that the girl was groggy, still half asleep. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad- he could just get her back to bed and hit the furs himself for a couple of hours nap. This didn't need to be a long or drawn out process, just as long as he could gently return her to her room. His hope, however, was shot down immediately at her grumbled tone. She didn't exactly snap at him, but there was an undercurrent of irritation that he couldn't possibly ignore. Coupled with the shrug of her arm to remove his hand from her body and Temeraire took a step back. He and Lena ribbed at each other all the time, but he didn't think they'd ever been actually angry with one another. White rimmed ears flickered back once before he nodded. "Okay... well, I am, so if you'll excuse me..." He tried a different tactic, but one look at her face and he could see she was more alert, aware of her surroundings now.

As quickly as the awareness came, so did the questions. He could hear the attempt of a jest in her voice, but it was halfhearted and he could perhaps sense the underlying need to know where he had been. Would he lie to her? Tell her he'd been out hunting and someone had stolen his kill. His stupidity tripped him up however- the stench of the gypsy girl clung to him and the unmistakable scent of sex. Caught in his own trap, Temeraire did the only thing he could think of- a crooked grin lifted his lips and the arrogant mask descended as he gave a throaty chuckle. "I was out, burning some energy with a sweet little gypsy girl out in the woods. She cried when I left this morning..." He trailed off, his voice almost regretful, if only it had been true.

"She smelt so sweet, I couldn't resist." He continued further, perhaps digging the thorn a little deeper. Perhaps remembering the worry in his friends voice, he moved forward, once again trying to lay a hand on her arm. "I am sorry I worried you, but it was kind of spontaneous..." He offered, his voice attempting to sound at least a little apologetic.

Last edited by Temeraire Stormbringer on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:25 pm

(389) osnap

He seemed to be elusive, saying that he was tired himself. This helped her wake up a bit, and she wasn't as worried anymore. The fact that he seemed like he was trying to avoid something made her slightly suspicious, and perhaps a bit hurt that he was hiding something from her. However, the slight hurt morphed stubbornness and a more critical and jaded mindset, but she tried not to seem like she was upset in any way. There were cracks -- maybe Temeraire saw that she wasn't going to let me slip by so easily, and he didn't ask to go by again.

Now as awaken she was ever going to be, finer details were noted. The smell she sensed when he walked in, the one that was different and familiar was finally recognized -- it was some wolf. Maybe he talked to packmate yesterday? However, she didn't smell like someone from the Court, and there was something else to it, and it unsettled her. She sort of recongized it; the females in New Dawn went into heat every other month, and they usually didn't hide it, though Lena thought nothing of it before. So he ran into some girl in heat -- so what, she thought, trying to be aloof. Yet, there was a small lump in her throat, a clench in her stomach. She knew something inevitable that she was pretending wasn't there.

She heard the grin coloring his voice as he confirmed what she was denying in her mind. The weight in her stomach fell, deep, deep into some hole, and her throat clenched tighter. But, she set her jaw and just stared as he chuckled on, absorbing every word he said with rapt attention. Her lips pressed into a harder line as he said how sweet she smelled. She felt one of his hands gravitating towards her, and half listened to what he said next as she knocked his hand away before it could make contact with her.

I wasn't worried, she said shortly, her words curt and sharp. But, maybe you should go apologize to the poor sweetheart you left behind instead of me. Sounded like she really misses you, or a part of you. There was humor in her voice -- but it was sarcastic and she wasn't looking for a laugh.

POSTED: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm

[335]
:DDD apologies for the insta-reply, i couldn't help myself!!

He could practically feel the atmosphere change. Where before, there had been perhaps an irritated curiosity about where he'd been and what he'd been up to, there no came a cloying thickness in the air between the pair of them. Maybe he would have backed off or fled the house to avoid what was happening, but Temeraire had never been one to run from trouble- he attracted it to himself far too often to do such a thing. Once more, his hand was rejected; in fact this time she threw the outstretched hand away from her and Temeraire returned his hand to his side. Oddly, and completely out of the blue, he felt a stab of apprehension and sadness. She would not allow him to touch her and his hand felt surprisingly bereft, hanging uselessly by his side.

However, in the next moments, his bereft hand was the last thing on his mind. The sarcasm dripping from her voice was noticed immediately and he allowed the grin to drop from his face. She was angry at him, though he though her voice strangely restricted. Her biting retort caused white rimmed ears to flash back and blue eyes narrowed. Why was she worried about a stupid loner girl? It had meant nothing, just a means to an end. A fun means to an end, but never-the-less he had returned without a thought to the other. At Lena's words, the male wished he hadn't embellished his tail- his minor assault on the girl would ensure that she certainly did not weep for him and there would be no missing of any part of him, of that he was sure.

"Why do you care what she's missing? It was just a quick fuck, something to pass the time. I don't care about her, I came home to you, didn't I?" He questioned, feeling the righteous anger well in him. She was chastising him for leaving the gypsy girl and returning home; would she have preferred he simply disappeared.

Last edited by Temeraire Stormbringer on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm

(--) *sorry not sorry for insta-reply back* Lena is such a witch >___>

She didn't know why she was being bitter. It wasn't like he broke some sort of pact they had unconsciously made -- sure, he didn't return last night, but he was here now, and he wasn't hurt. But, the fact did not seem to matter anymore, and perhaps she wanted the opposite. She wanted him to feel bad, to feel some sort of guilt that he clearly wasn't displaying now. In her mind, it seemed he felt worse about coming home late than the fact he slept with some random stranger. Maybe it was that thought that made her chest swell with emotion, but despite whatever sourness she felt, the lump in her throat stayed.

Nothing but a quick fuck, eh? she repeated, a somewhat crooked and cruel smile misshaping her face. Then what was she on that night those few months ago? She remembered that he asked for it, basically, for his birthday. A birthday present. Her heart felt suddenly weakened by the thought, but she immediately steeled it, locking it away. Someone has to care for her. It doesn't seem you do, anyway, of all people.

Was she suppose to feel some sort of gratitude that he returned? For all she cared now, he could've stayed out for the rest of the week. If knew, she would've locked the doors and make him sleep out on the porch like the dog he was. Thanks for the consideration, but I don't think it's necessary, she stated simply, and began take some steps forward, half-hoping that he wasn't going to stop her from moving past so that she could leave. And go where? She didn't know. Away from him was good as a place as any.

POSTED: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:58 pm

[342]
:DDD loooove the witchy lena, this is so funnnn

Had he been a little older, a little more experience or perhaps just a little less arrogant, he might have noticed the trap he was tangling himself in. Everything he said was the wrong thing to say and in that moment, he felt far more blind than the girl in front of him. Stumbling around, trying to find the right thing to say, he may as well have no sigh at all. Knowing Lena couldn't see him, the male closed his eyes as if it might help him. But there was no stopping the words coming from Lena's mouth, the incredulous tone perhaps. He opened his eyes to spot the cruel twist of her mouth, an expression he'd never witnessed from the girl. When had this all got so complicated?

He sensed that it would be to his detriment to confirm his own words; yes, she was just a quick fuck. Her next words were not as he'd expected. Her concerns had twisted to the girl, the girl whose name he didn't even know. Before he could stop himself, angry words spewed forward. "Care for her? I only just met her and I won't ever see her again. What did you expect? That I would profess my undying love for her? I don't think so." He countered, petulant mouth pouting as he folded his arms across his chest. "Besides, she was out there on her own... if there was someone to care for her, would she have parted her legs so easily?" He asked, digging deeper and deeper into this hole he was making.

It seemed she wasn't done however as she threw his words back at him. He was starting to wish he hadn't returned, that he'd come back to the Court and gone to the stables or something. With a grumble of frustration, the male could feel himself becoming agitated. No matter what he said, it was wrong. "Well, perhaps next time I won't rush home to let you know I haven't been killed." He all but shouted at her.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm

(461) omg teme has such a mouth >__> *chuckles evilly*

Did he even know her name? Or perhaps she told it to him and he forgot about it, anyway? She felt anger at the unnamed, faceless girl as well, but only because she felt mad about everything and anything at that moment. Perhaps there was the faint sense of pity for the girl, for the fact that Temeraire didn't care about someone he shared something intimate with, but the idea was drowned by the heat of Lena's chagrin. It didn't occur to her that it wasn't the female's fault entirely, but maybe, this would not have happened if it wasn't for her.

She listened as he spat words at her. Part of heard did not want to hear it, to let his breath be wasted, but yet she listened with rapt attention, searching for the faults and wrongs so that she could stack it against him, use his own words against him. She never felt like she ever needed to go against anyone, much less him, but at that moment, she had no greater urge but to see if she could make him angrier, or even better, in her opinion, hurt. She wanted to make him feel what she felt, and she had no second thoughts or reservations.

He spoke about how he shouldn't care for her, and even how it was easy it was for him, making her stomach roll a little. She wrinkled her nose at his words and shook her head, and she didn't bother to move around him and roughly bumped into him as she made her way to the door. What, you aim for the desperate ones? Don't want a challenge when it comes to getting between their legs? she snapped as she walked, never turning her head a degree in his direction. She was thinking about herself -- didn't she begged for him not to stop on that night? She squeezed her hands tight, and her fingers felt slightly numb as she unfurled them to grasped at the door, blindly groping for the handle.

His next words were shouts, and her shoulders hunched at the volume of his voice. She finally found the handle and pushed the entrance open, turning around to shout right back at him. How about you never come home at all! she suggested with venom, and slammed the door shut. She did not know where she was heading as her feet carried her away, and she didn't stop walking until she tripped over something, maybe another stupid tree root, and tumbled to the ground. She scrambled to her knees and crawled to the nearest nest of trees, and sat there with her head between her knees, and she tried to stop her body from shaking and to keep herself from breaking.

Dead Topics