[m] For the fallen must arise, a phoenix from the fire

POSTED: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:01 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Henchman: Till Van Ulrich
Can you feel it · lurking deep within · I can feel it, · striving to begin

He would heed the call of the Gods, for they had given him an opportunity in which he could not refuse. There was nothing left to distract him from his destiny, and he found himself invigorated with a new drive, something that would make him want to be better, something that made him think that there had been some faith in him after-all. When he had been approached and given a task, he found himself waking up the very next morning, getting his chores out of the way, and then getting his mare, Tal, ready for an evening hunt. Things, in such regard, had been easier for Till, for he did not need to provide for a family that was no longer his. He did not bring food to Helena anymore, for he knew she had more than enough "friends" to provide her with food. He had not tried to win back her affection, no, he was above all of that. He had moved on easily, and these days, he barely thought about her.

That was not to be said that his mind had not been preoccupied with the thoughts of other women, for that would have been a lie, in all regards. He was not obsessive with his visiting, or his messages, for there was little reason to chance it. He would not chance anything getting out, not even rumors. He kept his distance from her in the public eye, and when he saw her, he often headed off in another direction. She was a mere slave, there was no reason for him to grace her with a 'hello', in public, nor was he obligated to even acknowledge her existence. He felt bad about having to ignore her, but he knew that she knew that it was all for appearances. They could not risk anything.

He threw over the leather saddle onto Tal's back, secured the belt, and made sure he had extra snacks in his saddlebags, in case he was out for longer than intended. He sighed lightly, thinking about how much busier he had been without Nephele's extra hand about. When he thought of her, he often became sad, and even when he looked at Spartacus, he also felt the pang of sorrow in his heart, knowing that he had been the one to put her to rest. She was the last thing of Dullahan that he had left, and he went and killed her. It was terrible, but it was nice to have no one question him of her death. 'Just one less slave', he supposed that they thought. It was sad, that no one really seemed to know Nephele like he did. He knew where she had come from, and that she spoke many languages. She had told him lots of things in their time together, and her death had not come lightly for Till, just as Ankh's had still haunted him to this day.

The one thing he regretted was that it was Nephele's throat that was crushed beneath his pink padded hands.

Till mounted his mare and nudged her sides with his heels, beckoning her towards the Ruins. He needed to recruit help for this hunt, and the heart of Salsola was the best place to call for it. He was not ashamed to have his packmates help him, for they should heed the call of their Henchman. Till was a fair hunting leader, he would send his patrons home with their worth in the hunt.

Tal had come to an abrupt stop once she had found her hooves go from dirt to stone, and she whinnied as Till pulled back on her reigns, causing the mare to rear back on her back legs for a moment and turn back towards the forests when her front hooves hit the ground once more. Till lifted his maw to the sky and called for any, young and old, to accompany him on this evening's hunt.

"Speech". Thinking.

Present Day/Dusk | Word Count: 666
Ooc: Hunt hunt hunt! Marked Mature for animal death

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jmonster@soulsRPG, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 am

Gold and charcoal ears perked to the wind where the musical summon hung briefly before fading into the breeze. The voice was familiar and its intentions were clear from its tone. The silver Henchman was once more gathering reinforcements for a hunt. Having witnessed his prowess already and feeling a little rebellious against her mother’s dislike for the man Varda chose to answer the call with her own howled confirmation and then made for the Ruins with haste.

This time she came in her optime form, standing proud and statuesque with her body bare save for a pair of leather pants, a belt and a knife. Even though the colder seasons had already begun announcing their approach in many small yet noticeable ways, the giant’s daughter still suffered from the sultriness of the warmer hours and chose not to encumber herself with more elaborate attire.

She approached the rider and his mount jovially, aware of the mare’s calm temper. ”Good evening Henchman.” She said as she stopped at a respectful distance, a beaming smile offered and a playful twinkle dancing in her eyes. By now the warmth in her behaviour, so contrasting from her mother’s manners should be expected with little suspicion. She was certainly a touch more reserved than your average pompous Salsolan, but unlike her progenitor she slid from mask to mask with almost flawless ease. Perhaps the turmoil within her was such an ugly thing that she had learned to do this for self-preservation. There was no way of telling what would happen if yet another demon was released into the world.

”It would be a pleasure to join you on another hunt.” She dipped her head solemnly and gave a look around to see if someone else would join them. She wouldn’t mind the presence of another, albeit the Massacre boy was still an exception. However if they were left to their own devices she was already devising a way to get to know the man better, an enigma in his own right, she wished to crack the Henchman’s puzzle, figure him out rather than seek out his destruction like her predecesor would have wanted.
Salsola
The Family
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:18 pm

Henchman: Till Van Ulrich
Can you feel it · lurking deep within · I can feel it, · striving to begin

The Gods had made themselves clear. They did not want anything else to stand in his way, no wife, or husband to hold him back. He needed no one but himself and his already established sons to help him get to the top. As he waited, he thought about what was to come, and what was to be. He had found solace to his woes in the servant woman, finding her to be the only creature to bring him hope and love, even if he had to work for it. He did not mind working for much of anything, but he needed her debt to be paid in full, should the Gods decide that they were to spend their lives together - though the Gods had been clear so far with their opinions of Till being in any sort of relationship, as they had taken Elody, Ankh, and now both Helena and Calla. He would not be surprised if the Gods were to take the lives of the two women, not because he willed it, but because of their association with the Bastard. They had survived for so long now, it was only curious that the Gods did not take them as they had Till's previous lovers.

He looked as the woman had come up to him, her body mostly bare except for a weapon and leather jeans. She smiled to him, and he smiled back to her, finding her to be a curious sort. Her eyes upon him seemed to have a hint of something there, whether it be defiance, or general deviousness, he could not readily say, nor did he know her intentions. She did seem to come to his call more often than not, and this made him wonder what was going on in that pretty little head of hers. He looked at her with a cocked head, with his ears having flicked back and then forward towards her. His tail flickered on the rump of his horse as well, a twitch, a tic, if you would. He let his lips pull back to show his yellowed teeth and the corners of his mouth lifted into a smile. When she had spoken of it being a pleasure to work with him once more, he nodded his head.

"It's my pleasure to host another hunt with such a beautiful woman." Till spoke to her, with his smile growing into something more mischievous. Till felt no shame in himself for being flirtatious, he had no reason to. Till was a single man, and he could do what he wanted now. "I think that we should just keep this hunt to just us, if you don't mind. I believe that we might be able to take down something special. " he told her, wondering if she would guess that he wanted to hunt something that was a bit...unconventional.

"I want to hunt a puma." he told her as he looked at her with his bright blue and lavender eyes. He nudged his heel into his horse's side, and motioned for Varda to follow. "I think I caught the scent of one crossing into Salsola this morning. I need someone to either distract it, or if I distract it, then I need you to take it down. Depends on which side you wanna be on, sweetheart." he winked to her as he called her a sweetheart, and his smile never faded from his maw.

"Speech". Thinking.

Present Day/Dusk | Word Count: 576
Ooc: bleepbloop

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jmonster@soulsRPG, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Flirtatious tones were met with a widening smile. Boldness was a trait she could appreciate, and a man had to be bold to tease a woman who belonged to a family renowned for its efficiency at taking lives. She cocked one brow and placed a hand on her hip, accentuating the generous curves that genetics had bestowed upon her. It was a wordless approval, one that stated that she wasn’t afraid to play that game, however, the task they were about to tackle was one that didn’t allow for excessive distractions, so she didn’t encourage this advances any further – for the time being.

”Such an ambitious man.” The appreciation in her tone was genuine, doubtless that a man of his age had to possess great skill in order to survive so far with such challenging enterprises in mind. She looked pensive for a moment before he commanded his steed forward. Her long strides and enthusiastic air were as good a response as any verbal confirmation. She caught up with his light pace easily, and continued to walk beside him with one eye on the road ahead and another on his grey shape.

”Since you are already armed I will gladly be the distraction, as long as your arrows fly true I have nothing to worry about.” She spoke this almost as a taunt. Men were proud creatures, and if she was to trust another with her life she wasn’t beyond putting their pride on the line along with her own hide. Still, she remained light-hearted in her speech and promptly moved on to the planning of the hunt.

”If the cougar feels our presence before the right time it may try to escape, perhaps on my secui form I will be fast enough to keep up and force it up a tree. That should give you an easy shot. Although if it turns and attacks…” She paused and seemed to consider this with an air of gravity before her lips curled again into a smile. ”You better shoot it before I ruin the pelt.”
Salsola
The Family
Hydra
Luperci

Salsola