[M] Fart-Kitten

p. Lyssa - occupation thread

POSTED: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:43 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

no spirit is unbreakable, given time, and the whip

Her mule had kicked a skunk; the skunk was dead. Luckily, it hadn’t exploded with stink after dying, but had laid there, certainly bruised underneath its monochrome pelt. Twelve had found it, and decided that it was work salvaging.

First, she had hung the varmint up by its back legs from a tree, letting it hang there for a sometime before brushing it out with her claws; nice cleaned pelt meant a good groom was in order. Then, using her very sharp nice, she split the skin from one back ankle to the other, and then, about an inch below the tail, made a cut towards the vent. She made a triangle around the ass, to the initial slice from ankle to ankle.

She was not worried about causing a stink; there was a red membrane that delineated where the odor sacks were, and she avoiding cutting there. Inch by inch, she cut a seam of sorts around the whole animal; from butt-hole to snout.

After that, it was easy. Using a thick stick, she separate muscle from skin and was able to pull off the pelt from the carcass in one clean pull. The meat would be good for stew, and the pelt would be great for gloves, hat, or accessories, depending on whoever claimed it.

A honed blade was the trick to all this; without that, she wouldn’t have a hope nor a prayer to scalp a skunk. There was something about taking a once living creature down to its parts that was incredibly satisfying; she wondered if that made her a psychopath. A grin spread across her face at the idea, and she ran a blood stained arm across her forehead after she separated the pelt from the body.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Nat
Luperci Gaucho Venerate savagery, Die savagely

POSTED: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Outside the dawn is breaking, But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

OOC:250+ WC

The scent was undeniable. The loud odor could be recognized even from a distant, like rotten eggs, but much more pungent. But it was clear from its faintness that it had not used it in a recent attack. Either the creature had defended itself a while back, or it was dead and released its smell shortly afterward. Normally Lyssa would avoid such a smell as the risk was not usually worth the reward, but there was another familiar smell mixed in that she wanted to check out.

If only she had listened to her instincts.

The smell made other odors hard to identify; It stuck to the inside of her nostrils as if she was swimming in it, making the others only be a murky guess at what they could be. As she drew nearer another strong odor began to emerge: A heavy metallic smell. Blood. Along with the smell came with the sounds of squelching and splatter of things being thrown onto the ground. By then she had a clear idea of what was going on.

But when she found the source of the smells and sounds, she was not totally prepared. There stood the scarred grey woman, arms and forehead covered in blood, and a skinned animal hung off the tree in front of her. Discarded organs were thrown haphazardly over the ground. A disturbing grin was on her face as she examined her work.

"Mon Dieu! Look at this mess you've made." Lyssa scolded as she walked quickly towards the other woman. Lyssa then pointed to the organs laying on the ground beneath the creature. "A lot of these organs are good to use you know! Besides the glands, there's a lot of valuable flesh here." Lyssa thought of the time when she was alone and afraid. At that point in her life, she did not waste a single piece of meat, and that was still a habit that she had not abandoned since finding a home with the Ashen.

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Ruby
Spotlight Soul Luperci Wayfinder You have to love yourself a fire Del Cenere's Top Poster

POSTED: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 pm

The odor-sacks would be a problem, she already knew. Back in New York, it would have been simple; just find a doctor with a used or unusable large-gauge syringe and the stink-juice could be pulled right out. But syringes were far beyond the capabilities of this place and these Luperci; she'd either have to dissect the sacks out, or just roll with the punches and make the most stank-tastic meat the Ashen had ever known.

As she considered her options, a familiar voice chimed up. Twelve’s head jerked to the side to see Lyssa approach, and immediately her brain went numb. The last time they had interacted, Twelve had rightly told her to fuck off. She had said the worst things possible to just get the girl away from her, and had deluded herself into believing it was for Lyssa’s sake.

The gray woman’s mouth drew into a hard line as Lyssa spoke to her like none of that had ever happened. Sharp slate eyes watched as she approached and chided her for wasting the offal. Strange, Twelve had not expected Frenchie to act like this; well, no point in looking a gift horse in the mouth; bygones be bygones and all that shit.

Twelve scoffed, I ain’t wasting it, dirt makes it taste better. She said, I’ll cook that shit up good, would make a nice stew. Then, turning back to the varmint, What do you suggest about the ass-glands, French? I could try to cut around it, but I’m still learnin’.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Nat

POSTED: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:42 pm

OOC:250+ WC

Lyssa was filled with a quiet rage as the woman replied to her chidings as if nothing had ever happened. Lyssa's cheeks burned when she thought of their last interaction together. "You're wrong about me"" the voice rang coldly in her mind, "And you're a stupid cunt for thinking otherwise". The words had brought her to tears when she heard them, but now they made her heart feel like lead. Lyssa wanted to believe in her again, but without an apology, it would be hard to go back the way things were. And now the woman acted as if it didn't matter, that it didn't bother her and that she hadn't hurt her feelings.

Instead of snapping back at her, her golden eye's stayed focused just beyond her, not able to make real eye contact. It would be impossible in such a small pack to avoid her, so her only option was to also pretend nothing happened. The woman had stated her true feelings on their relationship so now Lyssa had to respect that. And by that, she meant she would have to pretend that Lyssa didn't care at all.

Instead of addressing the issue that was troubling her the most, the fiery woman tackled the one in front of her. She stared at the butchered creature in front of her, it's flesh glistening in the sun. "All I know is to avoid the glands." Lyssa prodded the skunk's glands carefully, feeling the edges of where hard sacks were. "You can feel where the sacks are, you see? Just cut around them and be careful. It takes some practice cause the sack walls are very thin. If it does burst, you can just rinse off the meat in the river. It won't be perfect, but it's better than nothing." Once the other woman understood, Lyssa would go on her way. There was no reason for sticking around someone who made her feel this way.

Last edited by Lyssa Fontaine on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Ruby
Spotlight Soul Luperci Wayfinder You have to love yourself a fire Del Cenere's Top Poster

POSTED: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Twelve glanced up at the golden girl at the tail end of her question and saw shock glint across her amber eyes. Oh shit, maybe she had made up her mind too quickly about the situation here; Lyssa’s whole persona just oozed hurt and anger.

Pausing in her cutting, she pulled back slightly from the carcass to lean her weight back on her skinny heels. The Fontaine’s words were well-measured, nearly robotic, as she gave her advice. Twelve’s mouth drew once more into a hard line, and she was thankful in that moment that she did not have ears to give away her shame.

After Lyssa was done speaking, it seemed like she was about to turn and walk away right then and there. Twelve felt heartache strike, and as much as it hurt her feelings it also turned her stomach. Fuck, she truly had let this innocent little waif get too close.

"Just let her go, don’t say anything, just let her go and be done with it." The logical part of her brain said. There was no reason to try to save this relationship, it had been she herself who had placed the wedge between, and for good reason… right?

Right?

Before she could even stop herself, Twelve reached out a bloody hand and grasped Lyssa on the forearm, stopping her, Wait. She said.

Then, her mind went dumb; what the hell was she doing? What could she possibly say to fix things? So instead, she just sat there, dirtying up Lyssa’s arm, her face blank and eyes wide.

Then, suddenly and without warning, one of the skunk's glands popped.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Nat

POSTED: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:16 pm

OOC: 250+ wc

The woman seemed to follow what she was saying, and with that Lyssa began to turn away. She had other things to do today besides watch this woman tear a skunk to pieces.

She began to turn when she felt a hand grasp her forearm. A warm, sticky hand. The golden woman turned her eyes to the scarred hand, which had made her fur slick with blood. Lyssa was about to speak harsh words when she met the other woman's eyes. Her blue-grey eyes were wide, and mouth agape as if to say something. Lyssa's heart tugged painfully, wanting so desperately to hear the words that would fix everything. And here she was, paused in time in front of her. The golden woman waited, face set in stone, to hear what she had to say. Millions of thoughts and emotions seemed to flick across her blue eyes, trying to catch the right one.

Then it happened: The membrane must have burst from a small knick that was made. Vache, she cut too close to the sack. And now the two of them were caught right up in it.

The smell. The smell. It raced up her nose and filled her eyes with the most painful, rotten smell. Orville let out an upset bray before running off. Lyssa, of similar mind of the mule, bolted. She ripped her arm from the shocked woman and ran as fast as she could to the nearest river.

Once she spotted the water, she jumped in. The ice-cold water was a shock to her system, but for a brief moment the smell was forgotten. She broke from the water with a gasp. "P-p-putain!" Her frozen voice cried out to no one in particular as she pulled her sopping body out of the water. What a day.

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Ruby

POSTED: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:57 pm

She was so surprised by what had just happened that at first she didn’t even notice the smell, instead, only saw the look in Lyssa’s eyes and then watched as the golden girl ran and cannonballed into the river.

Then the smell hit her.

Santa madre de Dios, dulce Jesus, JODER! She hissed, standing up from her seat like she had been stung by a throng of bees. It almost felt like that too, the stink burned her eyes and nostrils. Unlike Lyssa though, Twelve instead chose to find a nearby patch of clay dirt and began rolling in it.

She could hear Frenchie yelling her own expletives from the water; at least Twelve was still on dry land; better to be dusty and stinky rather than sopping wet and stinky.

After a few good rolls, she felt covered enough that she could at least stand herself, she crawled over to the bank just as Lyssa came out, That wasn’t my fault. Twelve said right away, Don’t you go blaming me for that shit Frenchie, you saw, it just exploded! Funny how Twelve was worried that Lyssa would blame her for this rather than be concerned about what had happened between the two of them previously. Fuck, she still had to deal with that too.

Letting out a funny sort of growl, Twelve shook herself of dust (which puffed off of her like smoke), Goddamnit Lyssa, you know I’m sorry. I’m sorry about all this and I’m sorry what I said to you before. There really ain’t no excuse for it though, so I get if you don’t want to speak to me anymore. She looked away; this whole apologizing and trying to make amends things really going against her grain.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Nat

POSTED: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:46 pm

OOC: 250+ wc

Lyssa's brain slowed down to a near stop from the contact with the freezing water. She stood dripping by the side of the river as the other woman approached, coated in chalky brown dirt. Her golden eyes watched her as she spoke, spitting out her words frantically, but Lyssa's molasses brain didn't catch much of what she said. She just stared, letting the woman talk.

The woman paused and brushed the dirt off her fur. Well, she attempted to brush the dirt off, but she was so covered that it barely made a difference. There was a change in her posture, and in her voice as well. A small growl drew Lyssa's ears out of her frozen slumber. She felt her eyes focus on the woman as she listened. It seemed she was... apologizing.

The grey woman said she was sorry, and that she had no excuse for what she said. Lyssa looked into her blue eyes as she glanced down at the ground. A slow warmth began to tingle at the tip of her finger and cheeks, followed by hot tears brimming in her eyes. She had been wrong, she did value their friendship after all! How could she be such a fool to think otherwise.

She rushed over to her friend and wrapped her arms around her tightly. "Oh Twelve, I know you didn't mean it. But don't you ever, ever say something like that again!" Her words came out both sad, angry, and happy at the same time. With a smile on her face, and a tear running down her face, she pulled away from her friend. Looking down, she realized the mess they had made. Their embrace had created a muddy mix across both of their fronts, made even more ridiculous with the smell of skunk that still hung tightly to them. She couldn't help but let a little giggle escape as she the imaged turned over in her head. "Let's go get cleaned up, shall we?"

Del Cenere Gang
El Elegido
Ruby

Del Cenere Gang