So flip a coin for every shade of gray

POSTED: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 pm

OOC - Backdated to October 26th-ish. Nighttime and foggy af. WC: 627

You play me like I am made of strings

He had been convinced to accompany this envoy that caused him to go much more south that he had been in some time. Till had avoided being water-locked by the peninsula since the Red Star fell, because he had suspicions that he might find his nephew-brother, Viktor, either dead or alive should he take the time to travel south where he had been last seen going, but never returning. Till had left Coaxoch in charge of the Ulrich home while he was gone, but he was sure that he shirked that responsibility to the Red Witch's son, Dirge. Even if he had, that was fine with him, because Dirge was a very intelligent and patient individual that would take very good care of their youngest brother, Raito. The young boy was not banished from seeing his mother, but he chose not to, for one reason or another that Till could not say, because he did not understand why the boy did not want to be with his mother or siblings. Till didn't feel one way or another about it, and the break away from the kids had been somewhat of a breath of fresh air for him.

It almost did not feel like he was a single father once again. It almost felt as if he was young, without responsibilities once again, and while he did like the feeling of being able to breathe again, there was something in the back of his head that told him that once this diplomacy trip had been over, he would be thrust back into a world that he did not want to be part of anymore. With his rise into the apprentice rank, he found himself doubting, and he found himself thinking of things that he never thought that he would think, and it concerned him.

What if he simply disappeared on this trip? Who would care? Would his sons take step in the shoes he left behind, or would they abandon the Ulrich clan altogether?

Till thought more and more about this as he rode his horse around the area, with a map and his quill in his hands, surveying the lands that lay before him, and drawing what seemed to be a sketch of what he had observed the Knight's pack borders to look like. He easily rode away from the borders once he had gotten a good glimpse of the length of the Northern border between his riding from the morning and well into the night, before he had turned back and started to ride back towards the Salsolan camp.

He thought of the persona he would take on for this envoy, by painting his nose bridge red, one might think he would take the persona of "Van Lykoi", but this name was much too close to his own, so he opted to go by the name Phantom Ignatius, so that anyone he met would not make any connections to him. He also wore clothing that was not so fancy (including a certain blue scarf), which did hurt his pride a bit, but he knew that he needed to be cast off as not suspicious if he was going to be fruitful in Salsola's secretive envoy that camped a bit off put of the borders of Casa di Cavalieri.

He made his final notes on his parchment before he blew on the ink to dry it as quickly as he could, and once he believed that it was dry enough, he rolled the parchment and placed it back in his satchel and he rode on through the thick foggy night like a phantom on the ethereal plane, as if he was a dullahan in the depths of this spooky October night.

I'm the violin, A melody, I want you to sing

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jasmae@FA, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador because I’m delicious, like Flantasy Flan.
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

POSTED: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 am

Dawn Hushhowl

There was so much to do in such little time, from near and far members of other packs began pouring into Casa's lands for the summit. All the different wolves and coyotes within the Fort made things feel overcrowded, even within the comfort of the courthouse room she shared with her lover didn't seem like enough of an escape from the sea of bodies that cluttered Fort Kingsbury.

She needed a break from all the commotion within her home, and with that thought and little concern for much else. She quickly threw her riding gear onto Aethops' back, wanting to leave the confining walls of the fort as quickly as possible. To breathe the fresh air in the open expanse just beyond the walls that held all the visitors. Leading the equine from the stable, she had put a silver foot into the stirrup. Hoisting herself up and swinging her leg over the equines back to flop into the saddle, she was settling in for a long night of riding.

This wasn't completely uncommon of her, if she had felt much too confined within the walls of the fort she would often go for rides at any hour of the night. But she was always sure to tell Armani if she was leaving, but with the overwhelmingly smothering feeling that she had. She could apologize to her love later, for now, she needed space away from all the visitors and murmurs of voices that carried within the walls of Fort Kingsbury.

A gentle tap on Aethops' sides and he was off. They had taken a side path that leads right too the main gates. Passing through the gates, the feeling of overwhelming smothering soon faded. Another harder tap to the equines sides sent him into a gallop, and this caused a wide smile to spread across her lips. The fresh cool air and the sound of Aethops' hooves stomping against the ground were all she could hear now, and that was almost music to her ears.

A small stab of guilt pulled at her, perhaps she should have told Armani that she was leaving? Even if it was for a short ride, the fog was sure to make the russet woman worry. Silver hands pulled at the reins, slowing the gelding to a trot and then to a walk. Parting her black-tipped jaws she sighed heavily. Even when trying to get some space, she felt guilty for not telling Armani where she was going.

As Aethops plodded along towards the borders of Casa, she tried to think through everything that had been going on. It hadn't been that long since she and Armani had moved in together, and most of the feelings that came with the darker woman were confusing still. Dawn knew that she loved Armani and that without Armani she would feel empty. Everything was so new to Dawn, all these feelings that swarmed her; all the thoughts and worries that came with those feelings.

Emotions were hard work, especially for someone so new to them. Rolling her neck and shoulders in an attempt to shake away all her thoughts and worries. Clearing her throat and grasping the reins in her hands tightly, she finally decided what she was going to do. With all the dignitaries and visitors that had been staying within the fort, security had practically tripled.

She figured there would be no harm in patrolling the pack borders, especially since she was all ready out and about. It hadn't taken her long to reach them, especially since for most of the start of her ride she had been lost in thought. Through the thick fog, everything seemed to scream that patrolling alone was a bad idea, the thick blanket of white misty fog shrouding most of the forest around her.

Her fur tingled in anticipation, almost as if a ghost could jump out at any moment. Through the fog, she could hear another set of plodding hooves. Ears swiveling and turning as she listened for the source, then through the mist came a shrouded figure. This sight alone was enough to make younger children, and maybe even the superstitious adults run for the safety of the fort.

The shrouded figure had put something away in a satchel, and just as they started to turn, Dawn finally decided it was time to see who they were and why they were here. Taking a deep breath, ears pointed forward and her tail flagging in artificial dominance she finally called You there! What is your purpose at Casa Di Cavalieri's borders?

OOC 710

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Miranda
Luperci Mate to Armani

POSTED: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:37 pm

OOC — sorry for the short. | [391]
I got a secret that's hard to believe

The male had not been surprised that he had been seen, and when the ghostly white woman had shown herself to him. They were likely to be heavily guarded at their borders, because of the Summit, and he had possibly wandered a bit too close this time. Till smiled wide to the woman and bowed his head lightly. So this is the coveted Casa Di Cavalieri? he started to speak, but the question was quickly barraged with his reasoning, as if he was not really looking for an answer to that question, because he knew the answer well enough.

I smell many scents of many different packs here, I only wandered too close, I apologize. It would seem that your gathering has been of interest to the traders in the area, and we were only hoping to do some trading tonight. he spoke as he let his horse plod forward, as to let her see the trading supplies that he kept with him on the back of his horse.

Til let his body relax and he took the moment to also dismount his horse to appear less threatening to the other woman the Cavalier. He pushed open his right saddle bag and he pulled out a hock of boar and motioned it to her. I have some meat, some pelts, and some other coin and ware, depending on what you are interested in. I am a patient man, if you are not prepared for a trade. he spoke, looking to her and wondering what she had on her, as to see if she had anything of worth on her, but also trying to push his point that he was "totally not making a map of the area".

How rude of me, I did not tell you my name. I am Phantom Ignitious. I am a trader from Freetown, originally, but now I'm a wanderer. I specialize in hunting materials. he told her and he held out his hand to shake it, and to officially meet her. It was a friendly gesture, one that would deflect from his normal behavior. He wanted to make sure that there was no way that she would know that he was not a loner and was affiliated with the Thistle Kingdom. He would lie until he was blue in the face if he needed to.

I saw the eyes of evil shining like diamonds
Art by Haitem | Template @Miranda

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jasmae@FA, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador because I’m delicious, like Flantasy Flan.
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

Dead Topics