Was the fall so far from your lofty peak?

[p. Teagan]

POSTED: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Discover a trap that has been broken but not by the animal that was trapped within it. Search for evidence of what it was!

Breath, should I take a deep? Faith, should I take the leap?

She should not have been quite so upset over a rabbit, but she was. She should have tittered at the broken trap and moved on with her day, rather than choosing to utilize a seemingly harmless minor event to somehow improve her position. Instead of doing the smart, sensible thing, Kalypso decided that she would use the wasted time and energy spent making the trap and twist it to be useful in some other way instead.

But she was still pretty salty that something had broken her trap. Her hunting skills may have improved somewhat since she made the trek from the Caribbean to the frozen north, but it had never quite caught up to those that had been born and bred in the shifting seasons and silent wilds. Her kids were better at the hunting and trapping thing than she ever would be.

Kaly was nothing if not resourceful, though, and it felt so good to put her mind to a different use than moping about like a limp eel. She had heard the tidbits of information that folks mentioned in passing by and gathered them up like a greedy whale swallowing krill. The Warlord of the Cavaliers had defected and was no longer quite so knightly. An interesting twist that Kalypso could not ignore and avoid.

Besides, Kaly was quite good at coming up with excuses having had to counter plenty of them in her previous life.

Finding Teagan was not too hard, considering that she stood out as both different from the Caledonians and familiar to the former Queen of the Court. Trying not to annoy her was likely going to be a different matter.

Madam Stryder, what a surprise, she greeted pleasantly enough, smiling at the other woman. It was not a surprise, though, and Teagan probably knew that.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.
  375/500 Honor  

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
New Caledonia
Privileged
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Optime | New Caledonia (+453)

It was different, New Caledonia. Teagan was still in the process of trying to fully grasp that the stay was not temporary. It wasn’t a diplomacy trip like she had done with Krokar. No, she and her family were there to live, permanently.

Genkei had been…reasonably difficult since they had been accepted to join the pack. The house they had chosen was different—and in sore need of repair if they were going to eventually claim it for their own—from what they had had in Fort Kingsbury. He had been apprenticed, only to have it be for naught. He had no friends besides his falcon and filly companions. He would come around though, or, so she hoped. In the meantime, he’d spent his time going through his sword drills, working with Treasach and Bacardi, and otherwise avoiding her.

She would have been lying if she had said her son’s sudden—though, warranted to some degree—indifference towards her had not bothered her in the slightest.

Teagan had decided to take a walk and better memorize the layout of her new home. She’d left the family’s temporary campsite dressed simply—a tunic, pants, and her cloak—though, was still accompanied by her sword. If she was to assimilate with her new packmates, it was probably for the best if she didn’t look like she was ready to engage in battle. To be weaponless though, the Stryder would not allow.

A familiar—but somehow, unfamiliar—voice suddenly disturbed her from her brooding, causing Teagan to halt. Cold, canary eyes sought the individual who had spoken to her, only to find, indeed, a vaguely familiar face. Rich, auburn hair; a neckline that was decorated in pretty trinkets; intelligent, ocean-blue eyes. Teagan’s brows furrowed as her brain tried to initially place where she’d seen the woman before.

Something flagged her as important, someone that was not to be attacked. The fogged memories recalled an event—maybe more?—one that was filled others, many others. Music, a murmuring din of voices, singing, dancing, food and alcohol.

“Reine Kalypso?” Could it really be? The last Queen of Cour des Miracles? The last interaction Teagan had had with Casa di Cavalieri’s old ally had been when Cidro had shown up at their borders utterly broken in the aftermath of the pack’s destruction.

Teagan turned fully towards the ex-Courtier and took a sniff. “How long ago did you join?” They had never held a formal conversation with one another, however, the Stryder was more open to the familiarity that the Savoy woman’s presence brought when compared to the other Caledonians she’d interacted with thus far.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:06 pm

200+

Breath, should I take a deep? Faith, should I take the leap?

Kalypso watched as it took the former Warlord a minute to place her identity. It very nearly irked her to see such a pause, considering that she had once thought herself quite the standout. Perhaps not, or perhaps she had merely failed to stand out to Teagan. She let the woman have a moment to identify her and then she did, thankfully. It would have been somewhat embarrassing for one high-ranking Cavalier to fail in identifying the former Queen of the Court.

The French name stung, though. It likely would for quite some time. She also almost winced visibly at it before her name. She managed a smile that disguised the twitch before it really betrayed her. The sniff from Teagan also prompted a stiffening of her shoulders. Did she think her a visitor?

Kalypso relaxed somewhat though, her posture loosening as she fluidly jutted a hip out.

Not too long before you yourself did. Brought Thyri and Merlin with me, she added, gesturing vaguely behind her. Though, it was far more likely they were behind Teagan. Semantics. Merlin was likely the name the former Cavalier would recognize the quickest, though Kaly doubted that Thyri was an unknown either. They had bounced around between Casa and the Court often enough to have at least been worthy of being aware of.

I'm sure us being here makes some sense but you, she paused, motioning up and down as though pointing out Teagan to an onlooker. You're an anomaly, she said with a broadening smile, as though it was the best sort of mystery. Why are you here? The very best sort of mystery.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.
  375/500 Honor  

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
New Caledonia
Privileged
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:35 am

(+419)

It appeared that the ex-Courtier had not been in New Caledonia long either. At the very least, it didn’t seem like Teagan and her family would be the only new faces wandering around the City. Kalypso dropped two names, and Teagan visibly perked—a slight straightening of her stance, a subtle furrow of her brows—at the familiarity of one of them in particular. “Merlin Knight?” She wanted to be sure that it was the Merlin she thought it was. Her relative had left Casa di Cavalieri much like Kira had; to chase after a woman in the Court.

Not that it would have mattered given how emotionally distant the warrior princess was. Still, a familiar face was a familiar face, particularly amongst a sea of new ones.

The thought of Casa di Cavalieri’s old allies made Teagan remember another. She let out a soft snort. “That jerk, Skoll, didn’t come with you three?” She asked, her tone light and teasing. It had been entirely too long since she had seen his ugly mug.

Kalypso gave a vague explanation—or, assumption, rather—for why she and the other Courtiers had made the arduous move to New Caledonia. It made sense. As a band of Loners and winter already strengthening its grip on the land, resources would be harder to find and guard from other vagrants. A pack was safer. One might have wondered why the group hadn’t sought refuge in their old ally. For Teagan though, that information was not something she had any particular desire to pursue.

Casa di Cavalieri and its matters no longer pertained to her, after all.

The question was returned to her, and the knight offered a dismissive, half-shrug. “Casa di Cavalieri has been without conflict for the past two years. I can recognize when I am no longer needed.” It was the same answer as she had given to the Lord Regent. Whatever Teagan’s personal feelings regarding the reason for the sudden move would be kept close to her heart.

She shifted her weight, canting her head slightly as her canary eyes flicked around them for any signs of a nosy bystander. “What are your thoughts on this pack so far? It seems there was a recent issue regarding their queen being lost.” Small talk, but, perhaps Kalypso’s experiences and opinions thus far could help the Stryder properly gauge how much longer her son was going to continue being upset with her for the move.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

New Caledonia