Re: [M] Forget Forget Forget

[p. Pixie]

POSTED: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:03 pm

Kalypso smiled wide. She had not known the meaning of cold until the moment she came to the far north and experienced a true winter. The chilly breezes of the sea where not even that cold in comparison to a constant arctic blast while the sunshine came and went in what felt like the blink of an eye.

I never really experienced the cold until I came up here. All I knew was heat, rain, and sunshine. It had been paradise, but Nova Scotia was her home. How many years had it been since she came blazing up from the islands like a northbound hurricane overextending its trajectory. I came up here and my first winter was both a horror and delight. She laughed. Now, she just tolerated it.

But she paused for a moment, staring at the woman. Then, Kaly snorted loudly, before she started laughing. It was a strong sort of laugh that roiled out of her gut, making her bend over as she laughed. It echoed across the space and likely startled a handful of birds. Horses looked up from their huddles, suddenly alert, before returning to their huffing.

Soon enough, she stopped laughing. But she continued to chortle under her breath. I'm sorry, she apologized, mostly untruthfully. She wasn't that sorry. That was so vague. Are you going to disappear between now and warmer days? She chuckled, wiping away a tear from the corner of her eye. There's plenty to do before then, I'm sure you've noticed. It was hard to miss.

Wanna do an activity together?... Do an activity?

Last edited by Kalypso Savoy on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: +wordcount
KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
New Caledonia
Aear
Gen
Moderator Corsair I, Tinker II, Merchant I

† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

POSTED: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:46 pm

LMAO. Sorry for the late response! Thank you for threading with mee <3 [+300]
i am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again

She listened as the wolfdog recalled her first winter... One she seemed to have some fond memories of. Pixie found herself less than impressed with the weather but to each their own. Heat and rain sounded heavenly right about now.

Pixie didn't quite understand why the woman was laughing but she enjoyed the sound. She wasn't sure if it was something she said or a fleeting thought Kalypso had but it was hard not to feel joy in the presence of such laughter. She felt as though she had done a good deed by cheering the wolfdog up. Sure, the marijuana probably had an influence but the conversation in itself was pleasant. Perhaps she wasn't as bad as at conversation as she had thought.

After her laughter subsided and Kalypso's reasoning was given Pixie was left with a mischevious grin on her face. "Oh, you never know. I'm very mysterious." She said exaggeratedly. She knew she was quite the opposite; she was nothing if not predictable. In hindsight, it did seem a little ridiculous to make plans this far in advance-- She sounded terribly dramatic. There was work to be done now as well as leisurely activities. She had been so caught up in thinking about the future she neglected to consider the immediate situation. Such behavior was far from uncommon with her. Her mind doted on and romanticized the future... A future here in New Caledonia. She never planned on being a loner again should she be able to prevent it. Even leaving pack territory temporarily was far from her mind right now. There was already so much to explore within the borders. Plus, she enjoyed meeting the other individuals that called this place home. This experience had only fueled her desire to socialize more. This was what she wanted-- she wanted to leave other canines with this warmth and happiness everywhere she went.

"It was good to meet you, Kalypso." It was a blessing from the creator, really, but she wouldn't go so far as to insert her beliefs. It seemed many here held a different religious stance and she respected it.

lord forgive me, things i don't understand
template by veldt, image by @hitobywong

Pixel courtesy of Nat
Credit for avatar goes to Trash-king
New Caledonia
Privileged
MK
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Kalypso waggled her fingers and made them spread wide open, mimicking the sudden puff of smoke that came with smoke bombs. Poof, I'm sure. Very mysterious. So mysterious. She had never quite figured out how a smoke bomb worked, but it would likely have been quite appropriate for the moment. Or for theatrics. Maybe Pascal knew, with all his excessive book learning.

She rubbed at her throat a little, feeling the itch of the drug in her skin. It often left her a little bit itchy, for whatever reason. Or perhaps it helped her to feel just how dry her skin was with the weather being as awful as it was. She sniffed a bit, shaking her head at Pixie.

You say that now, just wait till I piss you off, she said with a broad grin. She doubted that there was much conflict to be found between them, but their first interaction had been under the smoothing influence of weed. It had a way of making everyone into friends as they shared a joint. What would they be like when they were completely sober? She was hardly the sweetest creature out there. If anything, she was mostly comparable to buck-thorn.

Bah, we only just met, don't get sentimental, she said suddenly, passing along the increasingly smaller blunt to the woman, content to keep it going.

We can wrap up here I think. And no problem! it was a fun one c: We'll have to have another one sometime!

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
New Caledonia
Aear
Gen
Moderator Corsair I, Tinker II, Merchant I

† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave
◄taste, what a bittersweet►

Dead Topics