A beautiful Rapier.

p. Arlen

POSTED: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:14 am

➧➧ Out of Character text
Word Count: [603]
Date: 02/05/20
Time: 1pm
Form: Optime

Dawn had spent most of her day doing odd chores here and there to busy her hands while her mind wandered. The despair she felt after losing her father had lessened with the help of Casa's Sola, but the biggest help had come from Armani. Dawn needed a kick in the butt, and Armani surely gave it to her. The day Armani had brought her down to the blacksmith shop had changed her outlook on things, and the gift her dark lover had presented made her heart soar. Armani had spent so long on the beautiful Rapier and the leather belt that would hold her new weapon. Dawn hadn't been very experienced with swords since she had spent years practicing her archery, but it was thanks to Armani that she knew the very basics.

Her dark love had taken time to show the pallid woman the very basics, different offensive, and defensive stances that had been fairly easy. Just the thought of how fun it had been learning this new skill with her love made her smile. Perhaps she should practice more, to give her darling more of a challenge? Dawn continued to think about what Armani had taught her that day, trying to cement everything to memory so she wouldn't forget. Raising her arms over her head in a stretch, she let out a soft sigh. She had been doing cleaning and chores all day, and now that the courthouse room she shared with her mate was spotless Dawn finally could think about what to do with the rest of her day. Silver hands grabbed the leather belt with Rapier safely tucked into its place. Dawn's tail wagged slowly as she fastened the belt around her waist, the sensation was different, having a weapon at her hip instead of securely on her back.

Happily, she opened the door to the courthouse room and stepped into the hall. With all the love and understanding she had been given, she almost felt like a new wolf. She was ready to greet the day now that her mourning and despair had moved on, now she looked forward to her days instead of dreading them. Closing the door behind her, a silver hand came to rest on the pommel of the rapier to steady it while she made her way out of the courthouse and to the training ring. Even as she bounced happily, she was still picking her brain trying to keep in mind everything Armani had shared with her. Coming to a stop in front of a training dummy only then did Dawn pull her Rapier from its place on her belt. The length was perfect for the smaller woman, even holding the weapon filled her heart with pride. To know she was wielding a weapon made just for her with all the love and knowledge Armani had to give.

With a smile, she widened her stance just as Armani had shown her. The lightweight weapon would take time to get used to, to make it feel as if it was an extension of her body instead of something she was holding. To ensure her accuracy and quick movements with the light weapon. Even as she went through the movements Armani had shown, the pale woman was far too critical of herself. She felt clumsy as she moved the blade, not only did her movements feel strange but with each movement Dawn made, she could tell that tireless hours would have to be spent practicing and learning for her to be comfortable using such a weapon in a real battle.

Template by Kitty, edits by Nuki, stock image from DepositPhotos.

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm

ooc here! [+389]

Arlen's leg was an excuse on most days. When he was younger, nothing could have pulled him from the training ring. Now, he had to be dragged to it even on the best days. His betrothed, Damon, had warned him that if he didn't get out there and start exercising again he would lose all the skills he had worked for. That didn't matter to Len so much as the fear of weight gain. Damon was one of the pack's cooks and it was beginning to show.

Len had always been a naturally lean fellow, something he'd inherited from both of his parents. However, when he paired a cooking lover with a sedentary lifestyle, weight-gain was the only natural conclusion. Arlen was getting too big to fit into his favorite pants and that was a problem.

He couldn't run the way he used to love to, but he /could/ return to the training ring and pick up his old blade again. A left-handed rapier custom made for the russet-haired prince was belted against his left hip. It smacked against his leg in a way that was no longer familiar to him the way it was when he was younger. Oh no, this had to change.

And as if a sign from Fenris above, he saw a fellow rapier wielding cavalier in the center of the ring. Her white body was a familiar one in the pack: the Hushhowls were becoming a prominent family in Casa. This one he wasn't entirely familiar with, but he knew that she was an aunt to his brother's children and that was enough to fake knowledge of her.

"Hello, Lady Hushhowl," he called to her as he entered. He didn't intend to startle her given that her stance was stiff and unpracticed. It wouldn't do for her to accidentally stab him on their first true meeting. "You're not bad for a beginner, but you won't truly know how to work the blade until you've felt it in motion."

He unsheathed his smoothly and displayed a fluid combination of moves. Alone, they would have seemed halting and uncertain, but by continuing the momentum he formed a sort of dance that was beautiful to watch. "But of course, you do need to get the basics down first. Wanna show me what you know?"

image @jakeedc ║ template @Miranda

Casa di Cavalieri
Dishonorable
Kris
Luperci Scout Tier I, Joker Tier I Top Poster
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Dawn Hushhowl
Sorry if this is a bit wonky lmao. [411]

Dawn was dead set on learning her new Rapier, focused on each movement along with the weight of the blade in her grasp. She knew that if she continued to practice like this, one day she would become very adept with the weapon. Each set of movements was different requiring different stances and thrusts. Dawn surprised herself by remembering most of what Armani had taught her in the short hours they spent practicing. It felt nice to be in the training ring once more, though without her bow the sensation was different. She had always believed that archery would be the only skill she would need but in the heat of battle, you never know what can happen. Before long she was ripped from her thoughts by a strange voice, silver-edged ears pitched forward as she came back to reality.

She froze for a split second, only to lower the blade and turn to the one who had called to her. A polite smile spread across her features once she realized who had been calling her. She wasn't sure about his name, but she did know that he was Remus' brother and as far as she was concerned, that made him family. Hello. she said, a smile spreading on her features. Even if she didn't know his name, she could at least be polite about asking, eventually. A small prickle of joy seeped through her as the earthen male complimented her. Ocean gems widening and intently focused on each movement the male made as he worked his blade. Each movement was elegant and smooth as he moved from one movement to the next in an almost breathtaking dance. Her jaws parted in amazement. That was amazing, you must be very skilled. she said softly, her tail wagging excitedly.

His next question brought slight tension into her stomach, she didn't know much about swordsmanship other than what her mate had taught her. I don't know very much. she admitted sheepishly. Armani taught me some basics, stances and how to safely hold the rapier. But I know nothing of what you just did. she said with a soft giggle. Even though amusement played on her features, she gave the earthen toned man a small nod. Defense would be a good place to start, knees bending as she lowered herself just as her lover had shown before. Stance wide, but agile as the determination of her face settled in.

template by Andi, image by @korpa

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:57 pm

ooc here! [+389]

The Hushhowl woman gazed at him with the eyes of admiration that he'd always longed for. Without intending to, he puffed his chest out a little with pride, but sheathed his rapier and shook his head anyway. Hands on his hips, he smiled, "I would have been better if it hadn't been for the bear." He didn't opt to offer more of his story. He much preferred when people asked instead.

"What I know is years of practice and training from a master." He thought back to the time of his apprenticeship. Callum had been a wonderful mentor, one that Arlen could never have lived up to. Callum was always meant to be a teacher, it seemed. Arlen never was.

Arlen wondered whether Nora would have turned out differently under a different mentor than him. Would she have fallen in with the Nightshades under Teagan, Callum, or their father? He couldn't help but think that she wouldn't. Nora had always believed the best in everyone. She wanted to see good where there wasn't good to be had. Despite everything, Arlen had always admired it in her. He wished he could see what she saw.

"I," he paused. He took a few sauntering steps, tasting his words before he spoke them. "I could probably teach you a little. If you're willing to learn." There was an unspoken hesitation in him. What if she gave up on combat the way that Nora had for a time? Nora had failed her First Blood because of his own failings. The Hushhowl was beyond her First Blood, there was no doubt of that, but Arlen couldn't shake his anxieties.

image @jakeedc ║ template @Miranda

Casa di Cavalieri
Dishonorable
Kris
Luperci Scout Tier I, Joker Tier I Top Poster
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:41 am

Dawn Hushhowl
ooc here! love you randi <3 [419]

Dawn could hardly believe her eyes, to have so much skill and yet the man before her was as humble as he could be. Silver-edged ears pricked forward at the mention of a bear, forcing her to recall that Day and Armani had taken a bear down what seemed like years ago. She gave a small nod as the earthen toned male abruptly changed the subject back to practicing and training. Silver-tipped tail wagged slowly as she listened to his words. The moment the earthen male spoke of years of practice and training from a master, everything fell into place. His fluid movements, like a piece of his body, had returned to him once the Rapier had been pulled from its sheath. Dark lips parted as she looked at him, not a look of surprise or pity, but admiration.

Her jaws hung open for a moment, astonished that such a masterful Rapier wielder could be standing before her. His next words had taken her off guard. She had a hard time containing her excitement as she looked at the man before her. Wounded leg or not, this would be the only proper way to learn her weapon. I would be honored to learn from you. she said in attempts to choke back her happiness. She could have squealed and jumped for joy, but thankfully she had caught herself far before she had gotten to that point. To show restraint was a trait not many younger wolves had anymore, and it would always be a struggle for her to contain it. Her only give away at her excitement was her tail, darting back and forth happily as she thought of what the Stryder male offered.

If you are willing to teach me, I will do the best I can to make you proud. she said in a happy tone. Dawn was going to take these lessons deathly seriously, to glean all she could from the master before her. For now, she would focus on what he had to say about the movements her mate had shown her. Each stance and set of movements came awkwardly to her, the weight of the blade in her hand making her clumsy. Though the blade was light and much shorter than some of the weapons most other Cavaliers used, she would have to work hard on ensuring the Rapier felt like an extension of her body, instead of an awkward thing in her hands that could swiftly cause chaos in inexperienced hands.

template by Andi, image by @korpa

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Miranda
Luperci

Casa di Cavalieri