An Un-Stable Mishap

Dawn

POSTED: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:21 pm

The Hushhowl-Knight boy was tall, and gawky, lean, strong, but gangly still, his hair was wild and long and he rarely clothed himself or allowed anyone to do up his mane with ties or braids, as he would just have to undo them to shift. The majority of the time, Orion could be found in his lupus form, out in the woods, or just lolling around home in this form when he had nothing to do that required hands. That being said, the male could tie a fishing net, and he could fight well enough, but he lacked many of the other practical skills that one would cultivate from working with their hands often. His father had been kind enough to point this out to the boy recently earlier that morning, when the constellation boy had been trotting through camp on four legs.

'When are you going to start doing something useful?' He'd said, 'hunting is easier on horse back, you have no skills with ranged weapons, why don't you try to learn something practical? And put some clothes on! I had some made for you!' The berating had been swift, and normally the boy couldn't be bothered to do these things, yet, for some gods forsaken reason, he felt the need to prove his father wrong that day. So there he was, tunic and slacks pressing uncomfortably against his thick fur, sticking it all down against his body where the wind couldn't touch it. There he was at the stables, taking to the ranks to see which horse the boy wanted to take out and try his hand at working with.

"Ah-hah." The overconfident and unskilled boy spoke when he came to the stall of a large, two toned beast of a horse, who eyed him as he approached. "Vito, you'll do nicely..." The young man said, grabbing his halter and slipping it over the beasts head before leading him outside the fort. "Alright, here we go... you just... be a good horse..." The wolf spoke in as stern a voice as he could manage as he went around to the stallion's broad side and hesitantly shifted his weight onto his hands on Vito's back, lifting a leg over, the reins still in one hand, before the stubborn shire gave a snort and bucked, before taking off, pulling Orion face first into the snow before the reins were forced out of his hand. "Подождите! Нет!" The wolf barked, his eyes wide as he scrambled up after the horse on two legs. "Не оставляйте!"
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Dawn Hushhowl

Dawn had woken up late, from the moment ocean gems opened she could tell something was different within herself. Months had passed since her father had left this world, and with the loss of her father Dawn had lost herself. Even as her days continued, hiding away in the courthouse room she shared with her love it had taken her a long time to truly consider moving on and to try and move on. With the Sola visiting her in hopes of bringing her back into reality, things had gotten better for a time. But everything went south during the blizzard, Armani had disappeared and Dawn had gone back into hiding. Even in those fearful days, something was at work within her spirit. After Armani's return, things had gotten easier though they still seemed to drag. All the chores and tasks felt insignificant, almost as if she had been wasting her time doing them in the first place. Today was different, something within her felt lighter almost as if the pain had finally dissipated. She hadn't noticed the slow change within herself, either getting used to the pain slowly or having it slip away more and more with each day.

For the first time, without the help of others did she feel happy. Her spirit had lifted to where it used to be with the help of all who held her dear. Shaking her head of the thoughts, she continued her walk from the courthouse doors. She felt like going for a walk, to survey all that had been done since the blizzard and earthquake that shook the pack to its core. The silence didn't last for very long as crystal orbs came to rest on the silhouette of one of her packmates bringing a horse from the stables. Ears perked curiously as her eyes focused on not only the equine but the wolf leading it. Slowly she had come to recognize Orion with his father's horse Vito. A soft smile pulled at her features as the young boy attempted to mount the beast. Though her smile was short-lived as the shire began to buck, sending Orion face-first into the snow. Dawn held her breath for a moment, lively steps carrying her in the direction of her nephew. Her heart had felt like it had been twisted into knots, the dark Hushhowl boy lay in the snow for only a few seconds before he barked his orders to the fleeing horse. Knowing he hadn't been trampled by the large beast set her heart more at ease, though she hadn't slowed her pace. Stopping just before the boy she held out a silver-dipped hand Orion are you okay? she asked, concern lacing her voice.

Her ears pulled back as Orion took her hand, helping the young boy to his feet she shook her head slowly she didn't wait to hear if he had been okay, Dawn knew her nephew wasn't very skilled with horses so she had to ask. What on earth were you thinking? You could have been seriously hurt! she said scolding him. She didn't want to dissuade him from riding or even learning to ride. Another soft sigh escaped her as she looked in the direction Vito had gone. She could remember what it was like to be his age, so she couldn't bring herself to be upset with him. Dawn gave the Knight-Hushhowl boy a soft pat on the back and smiled. I don't want you to get hurt, so if you really want to learn how to ride... I would be more than happy to teach you. But for now, we have to find Vito before your father notices he's gone. she said chuckling softly.

PP Approved [365]

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:50 pm

For a moment, just a single, solitary breath of a moment, Orion had felt as though for once he might prove his dad wrong and be able to show that he wasn't a complete screw up. In the next moment, he was flying, weightless, up in the air, and in the moment that followed, his face was skidding across the ground and his fingers were ripped from the rope that hung from the grand beasts mouth as it bolted away from him in a stampede of heavy hoof falls and snorting. "No, noooo..." Orion groaned into the frozen ground as his dead sank back down from watching the Goliath horse trot away, and his ears pinned back in disbelief at the sound of someone's footsteps approaching him. So, someone had seen that mishap.

Looking up regretfully, the dark furred wolf saw first the grey feet and white legs of his aunt, then a hand extended downwards to help the younger male off the ground. He was taller than her, but he could feel her strength as she helped him up. Almost as soon as he was up, however, his head shrank back down at the onslaught of light scolding that had been inevitable since the moment he'd taken Vito from the stables. "I know, I'm sorry.." The wolf began, his voice little more than a mumble as his eyes trailed down and to the left of him.

"My father said that I wasted my time by not learning useful skills, so, I just thought..." His sentence trailed off, but the wolf looked up again in surprise as instead of continuing to scold him, the light furred female told him that she'd be happy to help him learn to ride, and further, she offered to help the adolescent retrieve the horse before his father found out about this little mishap. "You... You're not gonna tell him...?" The young male asked in a bit of awe and admiration of the older female, before a half chuckle escaped his lips and he dipped his head to her. "Th-thank you, yeah, lets, before he has my hide to decorate the family den..." He said sheepishly, his eyes darting to the trail of hoof tracks the beast had left behind, and the horizon that showed he was nowhere in sight.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:07 am

Dawn Hushhowl
ooc here! love you randi <3 [442]

Dawn didn't want to scold her nephew too much, she didn't want to discourage him from trying new things. She knew how demanding his father could be, especially with his children. Silver ears lay flat against her snowy crown as she helped Orion to his feet. The look on his face told it all, his actions much to submissive for her liking. Silver-dipped hands gently gave the larger Knight child a once over. She knew that with the snow on the ground, it would be far easier to track Vito than normal. For now, she could focus on her nephew, to nurse his injured pride even for a small moment. Taking in a breath, once she had been satisfied that he wasn't hurt she tried to give him a reassuring smile.

Orion, you aren't wasting your time. Just because your father says one thing, doesn't make it true. she said in a motherly tone. She didn't know what all the boys father had told him, but she would be damned sure to have a long talk with Remus one day. She didn't want her nephews to feel this way, not while she was around. Slowly she shook her head, smile still placed upon her features. I'm not going to tell him, it isn't your fault. If it's anyone's fault, it's his. she said in a slightly accusatory tone. She knew that Orion was young, impressionable even. Remus shouldn't have been making Orion feel this way at all, but who was she to say what should be done with children. She had no children of her own, she had not gone through the hardships of raising children like Remus and Night had.

A gentle hand came to rest on Orions arm, giving him a soft pat. Before we go, I just want you to know that there is no harm in asking for help, especially when you want to learn something. You could have come to me and asked me to teach you more about horses, and yet you chose to do it on your own. I would hate to see you get hurt, just because you feel that you can't ask for help. Okay? she finally spoke her mind. She wanted all her nieces and nephews to know that if she could help, she would. She knew Orion could have been seriously hurt had he been dragged for longer or had he become tangled in the tack. She was thankful that the universe had allowed him to fall from the horse as he did, unharmed and safe.

template by Andi, image by @korpa

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Miranda
Luperci

Casa di Cavalieri