Home Sweet Home

.p Alec 01/28/20

POSTED: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:28 pm

From the moment she and Alec had started off towards the home Aenan had built, they walked in silence for the most part. Small talk and random questions that avoided some of the harder subjects and that was all that broke the quiet air between them. The dark fur on her feet had almost been completely covered in little balls of snow that clung to strands of fur. This was the most annoying part of traveling in the deeper snow, and she knew Alec's thicker fur must have been littered with snowballs as well. The cloak she had been gifted during her hunt with the pale Phantom had helped keep her warm during her time wandering after the blizzard. A soft smile pulled at her features, thoughts of what she would return home to lifting her heart. She knew Aenan would be out checking traps or doing random chores around the area and Perch would be happy for her return. The small kitten had come to realize in a few months that she was just trying to care for it, ensure it's survival. She treated the small kitten as if it had been her flesh and blood, showing Perch as much love and care as she could in her waking hours.

She chanced a look at Alec as he walked beside her, though she didn't know what to say she knew that he would at the very least approve of how she had been living. She didn't live that far from Mistfell Vale, she was thankful that she could visit Alec without days of struggle while traveling. A few hours of walking was nothing compared to the days she spent wandering around. The Petite Cour had been lenient with her, letting her wander to her heart's content, but this had also caused her greatest misfortune. Clearing her throat awkwardly, she let out a soft sigh We're almost there. she said with a slight bounce in her step. Hopefully, after she got home that Alec would be able to find his way back to the Vale, though their tracks in the snow should give him the right direction at the very least. Her petite tail wagged beneath the cloak as the tall fence came into sight. She practically began to bounce towards her home as she looked back at Alec Come on! she said happily. Lively steps carried her past the threshold of the fence into the center of their meager camp. Perch had emerged from the shelter she shared with Aenan, charging happily towards his surrogate mother. A soft giggle escaped her as she reached down, the kitten jumping into her arms. Perch! She cooed happily.

The kitten must have missed her, this would have been her first substantial time away from the small kitten since she found him huddled among the roots of a tree. Lifting her feline child into her arms she gave him a gentle nuzzle Did you miss me? she asked the purring kitten happily. Though Perch's happiness was short-lived the moment his attention turned to the wolfdog that followed not far behind Alena. Perch hadn't spent much time with other wolves, having only seen Aenan and Alena for most of his life. The spotted tabby's fur fluffed up as he let out a small hiss in the direction of the steeley male. Her ears pulled back as she looked from Perch to Alec with a sheepish smile. I'm sorry, Perch isn't usually like this. she said trying to excuse the kittens fit of anger.

Alena Talks NPC Talks

Image by Despi
Dated 01/28/20 after Grant Me Mercy [601]

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Miranda
Luperci Mate to Aenan Fisher I SoSuWriMo 2013, 2020 Champ!

POSTED: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Flash of Light, Crash of Sound.
Form: | Date: | [420]

As he walked beside his long-lost friend, the dark wolfdog's thoughts wandered, he thought about how innocent their childhood had been, and how they both had been forced to change so much, so quickly. He thought about his den back home and wondered if the fire that had been in his makeshift fireplace when he left would still be burning when he got back. He wondered how Alena lived, and how much further it would be until they got there. He did not want to show just how weak he had gotten recently, his thick coat of fur and his shirt helped hide just how much his ribs protruded. When he had almost gotten to the point where he would be forced to ask for a break, his sandy friend mentioned that they were almost there, he thankfully nodded. Afraid that if he tried to speak, his friend would hear just how tired he had gotten

When a large fence got in view, he noticed just how excited Alena was to be home, he even thought he noticed some movement underneath her cloak. Does the stump still wag? He wondered silently, he knew better than to ask this question out loud. His friend sped up, and he meekly followed her, his tail starting to wag a little behind him. He was very curious to see how his friend lived and happy that she still trusted him enough to show him her home. He was so enraptured by his own thoughts he didn't even notice the tiny ball of fluff that came bounding towards them until Alena called out the name that he knew belonged to her cat.

As soon as the cat noticed him, the small animal's mood seemed to shift abruptly. He didn't mind, in a weird way, it made him happy to see that she had at least one protector. It's alright, He replied with a nervous chuckle to the apologies. He's just trying to protect you, I think that's a good thing? He was unsure of how to respond to the tiny ball of anger, so he stopped in his tracks. Of course, the cat wasn't really dangerous, but he did not want to do anything to upset the small creature even more. Uhm... He awkwardly started. What... What should I do? I don't want to make him more mad... He just stood there, his eyes fixed on Perch, fully realising just how ridiculous the situation was.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Wilco
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Alena didn't quite know what to do when it came to her little kitten's anger towards Alec, though she understood Perch's unease with a new face showing around the camp he called home. Dark digits ran along the spotted tabby's spine as she tried to calm his nerves. Perch didn't seem to calm down, his eyes never leaving the wolfdog all the while in his owner's arms. You know, I'm not very sure. she admitted to her friend. She had never seen the kitten act this way, not since the first day she had found him. The feisty little thing had clawed up her arms, biting and scratching as she carried him back to the warmth of the fire. She let out a soft chuckle as dark hands grabbed the kittens scruff. This would be one way to keep him from getting into trouble at the very least. When I first found him, he was so feisty. she said her smile widening.

She tilted her head in the direction she had found him, one of the large trees that had given shelter to the cold and freezing kitten. I found him over that way, under one of the larger trees. He was all wet and cold, I couldn't just leave him. she said explaining the kitten's situation. We don't get many visitors, though Falcon comes to visit Aenan now and then. she said with a soft smile. She held Perch gently, careful like any mother would. She released the grip on his scruff, and that was all he needed. The angry ball of fluff had jumped from her arms. She let out a small gasp as she watched her kitten fall and land on his feet neatly. She couldn't believe that he had jumped from her arms, but as the scene continued the kitten fluffed up his fur and charged at the large wolfdog.

Ear and a half pinned back as Perch continued his dart forward. Closing the distance and hissing now and then as he tried to swipe at the steeley males legs. A small whimper escaped her as she looked at her friend, and the small kitten attacking his legs. She let out a heavy sigh, the cool air causing her breath to form a white misty cloud that would float to the heavens almost as if expanding on her exaggerated horror that Perch would do such a thing. Oh dear.. was all she could say. Slowly she approached Alec and Perch, small stumpy tail flicking and fluttering like the tail of a white-tailed deer as she tried to catch the small angry creature. Alec.. I'm so sorry. she said as dark hands grabbed at open air. The kitten didn't want to be caught, he wanted to drive the intruder away by all means necessary. She hoped the kitten's claws weren't hurting him too badly, even as she scrambled to catch the kitten, dancing just out of reach.

Alena Talks NPC Talks

Image by Despi
ooc goes here [506]

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Miranda

POSTED: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Alec
ooc text here! [+339]

When his friend swept up the angry ball of fur, Alec carefully approached the house a bit more. He sure is feisty. The wolfdog confirmed with a chuckle. While looking over in the direction Alena indicated. He must have been so cold... Alec replied, fully remembering just how cold he had felt when he stumbled upon the Vale, it might have been the middle of summer at the time, but his body had lost all capacity to warm him due to his reckless, and foodless chase. I'm glad he found a good home.

When the kitten escaped from the arms that had been cradling him and charged at him, Alec froze. He had never been attacked in this way before, but he did not want to fight back in fear of harming the little fluffball. I... I'm glad he loves you this much. The greyscale wolfdog stated. Those little claws hurt tho. The pain honestly was not that bad, his fur stopped the worst from the tiny blades that were clawing at his paws, but he still felt them digging into his skin every so often. Slowly, the tiny kitten was driving him backwards.

Slowly stepping backwards, the male was not able to see where his feet were landing, and it didn't take long for his right foot to hit a patch of ice and slip out from under him. As he was tumbling to the ground he could only think of how to avoid landing on the cat and he twisted awkwardly in mid-air to catch himself, he felt something twist in a way that it shouldn't and let out a soft yelp when he hit the ground. He immediately looked around to make sure the small animal was okay, and thankfully, through a combined effort of both of them, Perch was unharmed. Alec hastily got back on his feet, holding his right wrist carefully. I'm sorry... I slipped, is Perch okay? He asked, not wanting to bring up his own pain.

image @Couleur ║ template @Miranda

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Wilco
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Alena could never have imagined her little kitten could have reacted in such a way, hissing and fluffing out his fur as he lunged at Alec's feet. Ear and a half pulled back to rest against her crown as coal-dusted arms continued to reach and grasp for the little kitten dancing just out of her reach. A soft chuckle escaped her, she gave a small nod Feisty is the perfect word for him. she said still chuckling. No matter how close she came to grabbing the small kitten, be bounced just out of her reach. Fingertips grazed the tip of Perch's tail, and she let out a soft growl of frustration. With each movement the trio made, it was like an awkward dance. Perch would charge at Alec, in return the grey scale wolf-dog would take a step back or to the side and Alena would jump at a chance to grab the angry kitten.

In all the commotion, their awkward dance had led them farther back. Before Alena could move, Alec went down, twisting in the air to assure the kitten's safety. Perch was unharmed, but with the loud yelp Alec had let out Alena felt instant guilt. Her friend had gotten hurt because of an overprotective kitten. Perch had watched the male fall to the ground and yelp in pain, and with that, the kitten had found his work complete. The spotted tabby's fur smoothed out, no longer growling and hissing at the wolf-dog. Tail held high, the little kitten pranced off towards the shared shelter. A small whimper came from the dusty woman as she crouched beside her friend, offering a dark hand. Perch is fine, are you okay? Are you hurt? she rambled off.

She felt guilty, not only for allowing this to happen but for not controlling the kitten better. Her friend had gotten hurt, and that was all she could think of. I didn't mean for this to happen... Perch hasn't met any strangers before... she said her voice trailing off. A pain filled look twisted upon her features as Alec bounced back to his feet, cradling his wrist gingerly. Her heart sank as she reached out, gentle hands lightly touching the injured wrist. Does it hurt badly? Do you think it could be broken? she asked in a strained voice. Aenan would be the only one to know how to mend a broken bone, and yet he would be gone for most of the day. A soft whimper escaped her as she looked from Alec's injured wrist to his ocean blue eyes, guilt painted clearly across her face. I'm so sorry you got hurt... It's all my fault. she said in a broken tone.

Alena Talks NPC Talks

Image by Despi
ooc goes here [463]

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Miranda

POSTED: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Alec
ooc text here! [+282]

In his fall, he had landed awkwardly on his wrist and he felt something shift, but Alena's reaction surprised him. He could already tell that her mind was jumping to the worst-case and honestly, he was fine. Alena, calm down. This was an unfamiliar feeling for Alec, normally he was the one who freaked out. I'm okay, really. He let go of his wrist to demonstrate his point, it hurt a little bit for it to be unsupported, but he knew his injury was not serious. It will be fine in the morning, don't worry about it, it's not your fault.

I'm just glad perch is okay. Looks like he won, huh? He said while glancing over to the triumphant looking kitten. His eyes focussing on Alena again, he took a moment to find the words. Do... you think it's okay for me to come closer to your home, now that I've been properly vanquished. The glint in his eyes betrayed his slight amusement at the situation. It hurt of course, but he had just been defeated by a kitten and somehow that was funny to the wolfdog.

Plus, I'm covered in snow now. He used his good hand to wipe across his back, the sound of chunks of snow hitting the ground again proved his point as he felt his body melting the snow that was deeper in his fur. The feeling of the cold wetness that was spreading across his back made him slightly uncomfortable, but he was with Alena now and there was no time for thoughts of the flood so he chose to attribute this discomfort to the cold.

image @Couleur ║ template @Miranda

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Wilco
Luperci

Northern Tides