[M] - Some chores just aren't very pretty

Spartacus - M only because J is unpredictable ;)

POSTED: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:14 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

the night-wandering daughter

There were many mundane chores that needed to be done, and though Pandora preferred to spend her time studying her craft or maybe even investigating the mysterious apparition she and Mors had encountered, she knew that she must do as her mother bid her. Perhaps one day Pan would be calling the shots for the Nocturne family, but that day was far, far off. After all, her sister Jaketta was first in line to inherit that mantle, anyway.

Although Maelyx was a good mother and did not let her children want for anything if it was in her power to provide, she did make sure that her offspring earned their keep. Maelyx had been lending Pandora several garments, both to keep herself protected from the freezing elements and to impress the Salsolan gentry. In return, it was Pandora’s duty to wash and maintain their shared wardrobe, as well as any other linens in the new tower the family had claimed.

With her arms burdened with a hamper of linens, Pandora trudged out into the chilly day. The albino with sensitive eyes usually preferred not to go outside during the daylight hours, but the washing would inevitably get her clothes wet and she couldn’t risk the extra chill that would cause at nighttime.

Today’s laundry was to be done in the Nocturne tower’s yard where the jackal had already filled a wooden wash tub with boiling water. The tub had been left to cool just a little so Pandora didn’t burn herself, which didn’t take long in this weather. The heavy hamper dropped into the snowy soil with an anticlimactic thud just before Pandora began to make quick work of sorting the laundry by shade. Any light cloth she tossed into the hot water, any darks she threw into a pile, and any significantly stained articles were set aside for special treatment.

Returning the sorted darks back to the hamper for now, Pandora proffered the laundry paddle (which was just a re-purposed, broken oar) and began to slosh the linen around in the hot water until every piece was soaked. This was the part Pandora loved the most – leaning over the warm water and enjoying the comfort of the steam as it wafted up against her face and body. But, this was also one of the quickest parts of her chore, too.

Leaving the first load of laundry to soak before giving it a good scrubbing, Pandora grabbed a jar of warm yellow liquid and turned her attention to the stained laundry. Squatting to sit on a low wooden stepstool, the witch began the work of spot-treating the stained articles with the hot-urine solution from the jar.

For J/Sparta. Mid-morning. Pan is clad in her blue wool outfit (above) and has the scarf pulled up around her head to protect her eyes from the sunlight. She is doing chores in the yard of the newly claimed Nocturne House.
400+ words

Salsola
The Tradesman
Nukiira
Luperci Witch 2011, 2012, 2018, 2020 SoSuWriMo Champ! Nocturne Family: The Fallen Angel
Blessed Are the Snakes

POSTED: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:41 pm

ooc; bleepbloop [+522]
As I take on the darkness

He had been busy, and he had not been surprised when Pandora had not shown her face around his home in the last month that had passed. Once they were home, it was likely that they both had become exhausted of each other's companionship since their reunion had spanned the period of 3 days, and they were very much two different individuals than they were since they were little. Spartacus had time to think about what had happened within the cabin, and he decided some time ago that what happened there would stay there for the rest of time.

He had also decided that instead of going outside of Salsola to hunt, or to train, that he would spend his day harassing the girl, because he was bored, and in truth, he missed her. This was not in a overtly sexual way that he missed her, for she was much more to him than just that. She was his friend, first and foremost, and since her return to Salsola, he had found that rekindling their friendship was something that he wanted to do. They had made a mistake in the Cabin, but this was not going to get in the way of them being friends. He wouldn't allow that.

He had been in his halfling form when he had started off towards where he had heard they moved to. He wondered what made the move so far away from the Old Wall, for their parents had been consorts of such, where they would work together on their witchly duties, and them moving further away made things a bit more complicated than it needed to be, in his eyes.

He didn't realize that Maelyx would have been so angry with the youths that she would be petty enough to have them move further away so that they would not have much reason to hang with each other. Spartacus did avoid Maelyx though, and when he had come by the few other times, he had scented the woman and then went off about his business because he did not want to see the woman, in fear that she might yell at him for he did know that Pandora had to have told her mother of the truth of what had happened.

She had more guts than he did, for he knew that Till would castrate him and burn the jewels to offer to the Gods should he find out what had happened.

When he scented no Maelyx and he realized that Pandora's scent lingered out in the yard, he had barked to alert Pan of his arrival. He came to her with tail wagging submissively and a happy look on his face —as though he was a dog greeting it's owner after a long work day — and he whined gently as he came to her side.

He smelt the hot urine mixture and he chuckled. If you needed someone to piss on your clothes, you should have just called me. he joked as he wrinkled his nose at the smell of the solution that she used on her clothing.

its isolation becomes ceremony

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

POSTED: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Two stained garments had been treated with the old, time-tested urine solution, and Pandora was moving on to the third and final item that would be done during today’s chores when she heard a bark come from the fringes of the yard. Her large, pointed ears both twitched and tiled back as she stood up to turn toward the caller, though she didn’t need to see his face to know the sound had come from Sparta.

She couldn’t believe that he was here. Of course, as far as he knew he had no reason to stay away. Pandora had hardly seen him since their lusty reprieve in the cabin during the blizzard, and she thought he would have gotten the hint by now. Any time she passed him she pretended to be too busy to talk, and for a time such excuses worked as the Nocturne family was clearly preoccupied with moving out of Millstone Village and into the new tower, as well as reestablishing the family’s place within the pack. All of these things explained her absence for a little while, but surely after so much time passed he would realize that she probably didn’t want to see him anymore, and would stop beckoning her when their paths mistakenly crossed.

Well, not only had ghosting Sparta not worked, now the man was stupid enough to come prancing right up to her in the yard of her family’s home!

Sparta, what are you doing? she said harshly, ignoring his lighthearted jest. Pandora did her best to look perturbed and annoyed at his arrival in hopes to keep up the façade of chilly feelings toward him, but her tail’s languid swaying betrayed her tone.

What she actually wanted to do was meet him halfway, perhaps shift down to his same form and begin tousling in the yard like they had once done as fancy-free children. But those days were over. They were both adults now, and childlike innocence would protect them no longer. All that could protect either of them was what Pandora was already doing.

Affording a quick glance at the tower’s second level window, she turned away from Spartacus. After setting the urine solution on the stool and dropping the half-treated garment atop the others, she marched away from him rigidly and proffered the laundry bat. Can’t you see I’m busy? she said as she plunged the paddle into the steaming water and began the laborious job of churning the laundry within. I don’t have time for you right now. You shouldn’t even be here anyway, you weren’t invited to Nocturne House.

It's so hard to be mean to him! DX
400+ words

Salsola
The Tradesman
Nukiira
Luperci Witch 2011, 2012, 2018, 2020 SoSuWriMo Champ! Nocturne Family: The Fallen Angel
Blessed Are the Snakes

POSTED: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:00 pm

ooc; bleepbloop [+416]

His wagging tail stilled itself when she had greeted him with harshness instead of the welcome that he thought he deserved. They were friends, were they not? He had not truly understood what her problem was with him, for she never really told him what was going on, and they both were so busy with their family life that it was hard to even take a day away for themselves unless they hid away. His eyes looked from her face to her swaying tail, something that betrayed her truth to him. She was happy to see him, and this all was some sort of weird facade that she put on. For why, he did not understand really. His tail swayed lightly, and his large ears turned back lightly on his head as he looked at her cautiously. She continued about her chores, of which he found so incredibly boring, and his little white brows furrowed and he barked at her again.

Why can't ya' get a servant to do these stupid, mindless chores? Spartacus never knew what it was like to have to wash his own clothing, for his father often tended to that for him — meaning that his father would get some poor sap to come and do their laundry— and he found these menial tasks boring, and stupid because of their labor. Your mother should do you all a favor and get a servant instead of using her daughter as one. the words were spoken without thinking much about them, for he spoke out of anger at her trying to shoo him away. She should have been more willing to run off and play with him like they used to.

Fuck all this adult work.

Sparta danced on his long legs as he rounded her to look her in the face again, and he ducked to where her eyes stared as she worked. His body was rigid, and his tail was dominant and fur bristled on edge. Since when do I need an invitation to see my friend? he asked her, still trying to get her to pay attention to him and not her work. She could just enlist a servant for all of this, while they went out and did something worth their time. Maybe some real work, like learning how to hunt or fight so that they might be able to be functional adults instead of silly house maidens and Ancellas.

What was the fun in cleaning and all that, anyways?

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

POSTED: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 am

A witch tends to her own space, Pandora retorted, though the words were not her own but her mother’s. It should have been enough for Sparta, but most likely it was not. Pandora lifted her head high as she did her work as though she could simply show him and convince him that there was no shame in tending her own household. But unfortunately, the truth of it was, she wished her mother had brought on a servant as well. Pandora of course would still tend to the important tasks when it came to sacred space within the home, as well as consecrated tools of the craft and such, but Sparta was damn well right about scrubbing laundry in piss-water.

Pandora bristled momentarily and glanced at Sparta as though he could read her mind. Clearly he couldn’t, but for some reason it felt like he would somehow pick up on her shred of doubt and run with it. She twisted the moment to her advantage as she pulled an annoyed look on her face, to show Sparta that he wasn’t doing himself any favors. It builds character and a sense of responsibility, tending to these tasks. Later, when I am older, then a younger Noctune will do such chores for me, and I will be stronger for my time spent in labor, she added, though again she knew that she spoke only Maelyx’s sentiments. Trying to think of one of her own, she haphazardly blurted, After all, how are we supposed to be good for the pack if we can’t even be good for our own home? Her words bore many meanings, depending on how deep the listener chose to delve.

The small witch immediately felt sorry.

Ugh. Now he was here making her feel bad, let alone look bad if the Matriarch were to catch them. He popped up into her face and blocked her path, his quadruped body still just as tall as her Optime form. She waved at him like he was an annoying gnat and turned the other way. When he appeared there, too, she huffed and returned to her scrubbing, arms furiously pumping in the warm water as she vigorously rubbed at a submerged petticoat with a coarse stone.

Pan, yet again, huffed her exasperation as he appeared in her field of vision once more. You’re insufferable! she yelped and swatted him on the nose with a sopping wet hand. You need an invitation since we became an official house. I don’t care if yours is more prestigious, (she did, but just not in this context) …you still need permission to trod on Nocturne property. Permission which my mother and House Matriarch revoked after you...

She hesitated. She wanted to stop. She tried to stop. But how else could she make him listen? Her ire rose and she suddenly couldn’t help herself, she was so flustered that words that she didn’t really mean came pouring out. She had to say whatever she could to make him understand how dire the situation really was! After you stained me and took away one of my few defenses against people who would see me dead. People like you!

Sorry for the deplorably long wait. I'll be pretty slow for the foreseeable future due to being a healthcare worker during the COVID-19 pandemic! <3 Thanks for being patient.
500+ words

Salsola
The Tradesman
Nukiira
Blessed Are the Snakes

POSTED: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 am

ooc; you caught me doing sparty posts and i couldn't help myself. No worries on the late reply, if you need to feel free to mark both of our threads as DND! He hasn't left yet but will in the next post, unless you needed him to stay! [+601]

Her words did not sound like her own, they sounded like words that were barked at her over and over until she believed them. His large ears turned back on his head as he looked at her. As she continued to speak, he rolled his eyes so much that he thought that he might have a stroke from how many times he did it. He opened his maw and made a mocking face as she spoke, before he said something. Blah, blah, blah, I know you don't believe that mambo-jumbo garbage. he commented as he rounded about her a few times to both block her and get her attention on him. He didn't feel bad for trapping her, and part of the primal urge in him caused him to want to grab the garments from her hand and run off with it, but he resisted.

She seemed to give up, going back to her work but keeping a side eye on him as he found himself still grasping at her attentions. He hadn't expected to be hit in the face, and when he was, he suddenly backed up and let out a yelp before pawing at his face. You bitch! the words did not come out with any thought, and his retaliation had been stopped when his blood red eyes caught the same looking back at him. His tail rose over his back, and he felt his lips curl back to reveal pure white fangs that had only seen the throat of another luperci once before.

She continued to speak about how her house was so high and mighty now, how her mother revoked his right to come and see her whenever he wanted when they had slept together. The way she had put it was hurtful, and even though he snarled at her, the way she had told him that she had been stained by him did hurt him. His ears pricked up on his head, and his little white brows furrowed as he looked at her, but he straightened himself and stood tall before her, looking into her eyes as she huffed and puffed angrily.

I'm also the same one who saved you from being taken and stabbed through the heart like you were nothing better than fucking livestock. he told her with an astonishing calmness in his voice as his lips covered his sharp teeth. His tail flagged over his back still though, and his fur along the ridge of his back still stood on edge. He wanted to call her a 'whore', and to tell her that she wanted him as much as he had wanted to take her that night, and to yell at the top of his lungs about what they did, but instead he looked at her, and then looked at the piss water that she was cleaning her clothing in.

He suddenly turned and moved alongside the barrel and once he was on the other side of it, he lifted his leg and started to urinate on the clothing that she was working so hard to get the stains out of. This is what I think of your stupid fucking chores. he told her as he finished up and looked back at her after moving a bit away to stay out of her reach.

Good luck getting that smell out of it. he told her, turning away as if to walk away from her to leave her to her silly duties.You know where to find me when you stop being a bitch. he told her, huffing angrily.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

Salsola