[m] This ugly feelings gonna be hidden by anyone

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:15 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC - Things were OOCly discussed before this was posted. WC: 535

My feeling is not cheap at all—You don't know it

When the brother had come to him — a man that he had little to no interest or interaction with before — had come to the Old Wall at the crack of dawn, Spartacus had been confused. He had been caught outside, cutting firewood for the morning so that their father would not grow cross with him when the man of golden and coal had some to him, with piercing sapphire eyes that glistened in the low light of the lantern that Spartacus used for light. It was ominous really, the way that the male had come to him and told him to get his things ready for a "business venture" as the other male had called it. He was told to dress in his Outsider clothing and to bring his sword, so he dressed in his beaver/seal fur poncho and his black harem pants. He attached his trinket bags to his hips, along with putting his Kantana and Wakizashi horizontally across his back so that he could appear to be intimidating, for he assumed that this was what Julius had wanted of him.

Spartacus had been curious as to what brought the man to him, why — if he had the plethora of other brothers, closer brothers— had he chosen the boy of Silver, coal and rubies to tag along. Had someone found out about his training with Indra, Greed, and Torabera? Had someone spoken to the male about his brother's aspirations to becoming a warrior of sorts, or had he just seen him walking around with his swords before? Spartacus wanted to know, but Julius seemed pretty tight-lipped about this whole operation and why he had been chosen for it, so Spartacus did not push his luck.

He knew little to nothing about his Merchant Apprentice brother. He only really knew Julius by name, and that he was one of the products of the pairing of their Father and Calla. He did not know the truth of Julius, nor did he know much of what he was like. The one thing he did know, was that Oiseau had fled to his home when she had become of age to move out and become her own person. He wondered what Oiseau had learned about him, and he wondered if he could see her sometime.

"How's my sister?" he decided to ask while they were still walking toward their destination. He wanted to know if Oiseau was well, and what she had been up to, but he did not know if he was going to get an answer about it — or if he was supposed to only bee seen and not heard. Spartacus looked at Julius with great interest in what he might say about the girl and her twin and how they might have been doing.

It was a shame that the family was as disconnected as they were, for he knew that they would be all the more powerful had their parents simply worked things out. Alas, the youth knew nothing of romantic love, and he only knew the deep feeling of love for his family, and the ones who had given him the time of day had his utmost of loyalty.

You will turn your fang on me someday

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:35 am

pump your veins with gushing gold

He was up before the dawn.

So often had sleep provided to be a fickle thing, though it came easier the longer Narcissa thought suitable to supply him with a fix, a heavy dose and heavy-handed care that went so laced with tactics of manipulation. He could see it: the way she wove his thread around her fingers, just a little too tight. She tested her circulation. He tested his weave.

Julius had taken to taking his business much on his own these days, forging his bonds on his own terms than that on the heels of Helena's foundation and making. His own model valued what suited him best; the things he traded were small, herbs or seeds or beads or trinkets.

Small things. Samplings. Tastes, that grew with exponential impressiveness to plush pelts, while meandering merchants kept their wares quality much at a standard.

A few, like the one he was meeting in Amherst, had wares in hiding, and the Apprentice could smell it on him like sweat. The dog had mirrored him with tight-lipped pleasantries that wore them both thin - and Julius could see no downside to having something of muscle tag along. Someone impressionable - less likely to tattle on his tactics.

So when he'd caught wind of one of his fresh-faced brothers honing his skills, it seemed a logical avenue. Spartacus had all the factors, the makings of a promising bouncer; carmine red eyes, delightful and bright, were always more likely to suit the roles Julius needed filled by way of intimidation, but otherwise, the older brother kept mum on the finer details. With a satchel flung over his shoulders, they walked.

"Our sister," Julius corrected, firm but curbed in its severity. "She is well - and has taken a liking to catching birds."

Familial topics were not his forte, and the golden Valentine swallowed thickly, more content to keep to the task at hand.

"Listen, with me, right now, in this moment - you are not my brother. You are Mordecai Hensik - a young and talented swordsman. Are you up to play that part?"

-- | [wc — --] template by hilli
no I ain't gonna be here too long
we've become so good at fooling all
Salsola
The Arbiter
Despi
Luperci Collettore

POSTED: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:26 am

OOC - bleepbloop WC: 407

My feeling is not cheap at all—You don't know it

"Our—" the correction was far from subtle, and the dark sanguine eyes of the silver and coal male snapped at Julius much like teeth would in a feral fight. His maw let out a small chuckle, feigning an embarrassment that he did not truly feel. He knew nothing about Julius, and this would help him find out just a little bit more about him. While it might show the other male who he was too, he would be sure to cover up whatever lies he could when he needed to. This feigned embarrassment was the first of many. He was no stranger to this game either, for he had many quips with many different creatures, and he was getting better at lying, and remembering his lies too.

"I apologize, Our sister." he corrected himself and put his hand to his muzzle as if to flick off a non-existent speck of dirt. He had to resist giving in to the pressure to bite back, to nip at the other male for correcting him, but for now, he kept himself in check. When the other mentioned that their sister liked to catch birds, Spartacus cocked a brow and shrugged lightly. "She always was a strange one. I wonder if she will start working towards becoming part of the coven." he mentioned as he drew his hands back behind his head and he folded them into each other at the crook of his neck and he gave a big sigh.

Spartacus looked at Julius as he had started to speak about how they were not brothers, and he provided a name and a cover story. His bright crimson eyes narrowed at the other male and he blinked once, maybe twice as he thought about the name specifically. There was nothing wrong with any of the other things, a talented swordsman, and not being related to Julius — these were basically truth in Sparta's eyes — but thename was something to be desired to him.

"Mordecai?" he asked in a tone that was tilted with a bit of an attitude that he did not intend to be there, but his white brows turned up and then furrowed as he looked at his older brother. "Can't it be something cooler, like, Idunno, Kazuhiko or somethin'." he spoke as he drew his hands back to his sides for a moment and then he rested one on his hip as if he was anxious.

You will turn your fang on me someday

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

POSTED: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Kazuhiko.

It seems as though Spartacus, potentially, had too much of his father in him after all; Julius did not respond for a moment outside of a stare, a pause in their motion, whislt the two looked back at one another, ruby red and sapphire blue - different, different, yet much playing the same role, walking the same lines. Julius finally responded with a long-suffering sigh.

He could muster no vitriol; not outwardly - Julius had learned with trial and error. More flies were caught with honey than with vinegar.

But even more were caught with shit, weren't they?

"If you want anyone to take you seriously," he answered, feeding this 'sibling' - stretched and tenuous as the term was - his own cent of advise. "You will listen to them. You'll get farther with compliance than combatitive conversation."

They continued through the hollow streets of Amherst.

"I would like to teach you something, but I can't if you're intent to be dense." There was something saccharine in the quality of his voice, mollifying. "If you'd rather turn back, I will not stop you. I could always find someone else, or go it myself."

Salsola
The Arbiter
Despi
Luperci Collettore

POSTED: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:44 pm

ooc: bleepbloop [419]

So I believed these words and I turned on myself

He shouldn't have been overzealous at the fact that he was being told who he was to portray, for this was not his mission, but he could not help himself. The other, older — but not taller — male had told him that he should shut his mouth and stay in line, he scoffed audibly. He did not know who Julius thought he was, to be able to order the younger sibling around as he had, but he knew this attitude to come from a multitude of his older siblings, and Spartacus found is abhorrent. The large ears of the coyote mix had pulled back on his ebony hair that was not unlike Julius' own — albeit much longer, much more like their "father's" unruly whitened hair. The male held his tongue, the venomous words sinking into his tongue, and the thick saliva threatened to dribble down his maw had he not swallowed it with a loud gulp.

He wanted to ask the male if he learned this before or after he had been disowned, and spit in the male's face about it, but he held his venomous words. He was in no place to talk to a superior as though he was on equal footing, family or not. Spartacus' well-muscled arms — developed from training for months and months — crossed over a broad chest that made him look so much different compared to any of his siblings. His large ears and thin face made him look like Till and Helena, though there was a much darker secret to be had, secrets that even he did not know.

The male spoke on, telling him he wanted to teach the youth something, but he couldn't if he was going to be dense about it, and Sparta's sanguine eyes turned volatile then, as the deep anger blossomed in his chest and the male had to blink a few times and look away from the Apprentice to make sure that he did not let his anger get the best of him. He clenched his fists at his sides and then released his hands, as he thought about if Julius and his mission were even worth the trouble.

Then teach me something worth my time. he suddenly said to the other, complying with his wishes, and would take the dub of Mordecai Hensik for the time being. The name sounds German. Should I speak in such a language, for intimidation, maybe? he asked, wondering what the male thought of the idea.

'Cause maybe he's right, maybe I'm worthless

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

POSTED: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:35 am

He was too green, green, green, vehement and prideful and untested. Ill-honed. Perhaps he would've gone better off taking someone more seasoned to linger at his side, and it dawned on him that he had very little to call on.

Julius did not like to entertain the idea of company. He merely tolerated his sisters.

Everyone was so much better as a stranger.

"Patience, first," he bit back at Spartacus's pointed, snide response, and he raised a brow at the actual question prompted. "Best not to speak unless required. Silent, still, and intense - those are the best sort of bodyguards."

His bias bled into his word - the Apprentice had always loved the idea of compliance and, better yet, complacency. He dipped around the rotted sign of a gas station, and through the derelict skeletal forms of the pumps, and through the gaping window that was once a door, before he shot a warning look to this estranged 'sibling', and he put a finger to his dark lips, sharing an almost conspiratorial look to those ruby eyes. Thin fingers drew the moth eaten curtain, and a dog with a patchy coat perked up at his table, scrawnier than the tall coyote Valentine.

"It's about God-damned time, Lynch," the dog started, speaking somewhat sideways-slanted through his teeth, and he gestured with yellowed claws to the crate he had set up, some meager show of hospitality. "Big, fancy boy gotta have a bodyguard now, huh? What's up with that - I thought we were sympatico, friend?"

"Of course, of course we are sympatico," Julius echoed back, his lips twisting into a thin, almost smug and humorless smile. "I have trouble with directions, he's a guide as well as hired hand." The dog scoffed at the excuses.

"Get lost that easy? Shame, my sister had a thing like that, some memory gunk or some shit." Julius hummed, and the dog's hazelnut eyes lingered on Spartacus's shape in the doorway. "Rules apply to you, too, though, bud. We drink, then business."

Julius held out a pausing hand.

"Arwin, is that truly necessary? It's so early," The dog flashed a toothy grin, baring a flash of gold that glimmered perhaps a moment too long in the Valentine's eye, and he stared, fixated for a moment. "It's the rules. Respect my rules, Lynch."

Salsola
The Arbiter
Despi
Luperci Collettore

POSTED: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 am

ooc: bleepbloop [408]

So I believed these words and I turned on myself

The male told him to be patient, and to be still and quiet.These things were not things that Spartacus was particularly good at, but practice did make perfect. Spartacus' bright eyes of deep sanguine colors stared at his elder brother, and he felt his nose let out a huff of air as he brought his arms to cross his chest. He didn't like to be told to be quiet, but he was very good at being imposing in both his stare and his largely built body.

His steps were heavy, deliberately so, as to let others feel like he was heavier and slower than he really was. It was to through them off, but also to intimidate those who might think to take a shot at him. He had learned a lesson from the man who trespassed on their lands. He was to act as if others were below him, to not be "scared" of death. He took a deep breath and hardened his eyes as he walked behind his brother with ease, weaving between the skeletal remains of what once was a gas station.

Spartacus had to wonder what kind of man they would meet here.

The black lipped Apprentice gave Spartacus a silent order to remain silent, and so he did. When he was led into the room, he found himself standing off to the side, silently observing the area before his hard eyes of roses had fallen on the new male. He was scruffy and small, with some rotten teeth and yellowed claws from doing what, Spartacus rather not find out. The other male started to speak and motioned towards Spartacus, calling him what he was supposed to be, and Spartacus huffed lightly as his hands came to rest across his broad chest once more. He watched diligently, though. That's what his job was here.

The two spoke on, and there was apparently supposed to be drinking involved, in which, he would have to partake as well. "Great." he had to resist rolling his eyes and instead his eyes turned from the doggish male to his brother. Spartacus gave a growling "hmmm." as he stepped towards them a little bit, as if to silently accept that he had to partake, even though he did not want to. He still wore a frown on his face, and he still crossed his arms over his chest.

He waited for them to pour the drinks.

'Cause maybe he's right, maybe I'm worthless

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
DON'T FALTER
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
LIKE A CENTIPEDE

Sticks and Stones