[M] This wasn't in the job description

Nukii

POSTED: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:32 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

(362)

M for potential language

Words couldn't quite describe the levels of disgust that had plagued the once beloved prince of Casa. Son of the Lune and late Sola was now knee deep in filth of his own making -- figuratively speaking, of course. The literal filth was not his own. Instead it was a putrid mixture of livestock feces that seemed to be growing exponentially each day. It was almost as if the whole pack had suddenly stopped doing their chores and left it to their single dishonorable to deal with. No, they wouldn't do that. The knighthood of Casa di Cavalieri was too honorable for that.

Three buckets down and he'd only gotten through a few of the long line of stalls that awaited him. He rolled his still-sore shoulder and burst from the dark barn and back into the warm sunlight. The breeze was still frigid when it parted his fur, but the sun was steady and fought against the cold. The grass was beginning to green again and the trees were budding. It was Arlen's favorite season and he was trapped within the walls.

He leaned against the barn door, loathe to return to his prison. But if things fell to disrepair he knew that he would never ascend from this personal hell. So he sighed and returned back into the wooden structure with his head hung low. The next stall wouldn't be bad - it couldn't be, he cleaned it just that morning at the request of one of his packmates. It had been too filthy to house a horse so he had taken to clean it out so it didn't offend anyone else.

Out of obligation, he sifted the hay through his rake a few times before he called it good. To his surprise, there was a small amount of dung on the tines so he dug a little deeper to pull the most of the stool up from the floor. As soon as the smell of it found its way through the smell of the hay, he let out a deep growl and threw it into the bucket with a vengeance.

"Who in their right minds, shat in a horse's stall?"

Casa di Cavalieri
Dishonorable
Kris
Luperci Scout Tier I, Joker Tier I Top Poster
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:10 am

it's alpha and omega's kingdom come

A single, white ear flicked as the absurd words trilled in Day’s ears. One might expect the Stable Master’s next move to be a gasp and a look of horror shot towards Arlen’s direction, but no such utterance of surprise came from the Hushhowl’s countenance. Instead, she continued to carefully rearrange the tack between acceptably clean, lazy clean, clean-but-do-it-again, and filthy. There was more of the latter.

Day’s lack of a reaction was because these “pranks” had been a regular occurrence since Arlen’s fall from grace… though the level of depravity and degradation seemed to rise each day. Day was torn in two over this; on one paw, she thought Arlen deserved all of it and more, on the other, she couldn’t help but feel sorry for the guy.

Do you really have to ask? Day’s clarion voice rang down the stable hall, finding Arlen in his Luperci-soiled stall. Bright yellow eyes that seemed to shine even in the darkness of the tacking corner flicked his way, and though he likely could not trace their path from his vantage point, Day’s smart gaze found the silhouette of a spiky-haired dog.

Tempted to say something chiding to Mercy, Day decided to bite her tongue. After all, Arlen’s wicked crime had wrenched her world most of all. Day decided it was not her place to intervene; the Lune or Sola could do so if it got out of hand. She would, however, offer the truth should it be asked of her.

I think, came the low voice of Mercy – her prank had gone off without a hitch, though she seemed to find little joy in its success. There was no laughter from the woman as she padded into the adjacent stall and stood upon a crossbeam, leering down at Arlen as he wallowed in his shit-riddled stall. …that this job is too good for you. We ought to find one better for you and this gives me an idea… A lot of Luperci live in the Fort, after all, and the much tends to collect around it no matter how far a knight thinks they’ve gone. Perhaps we should dig a few trenches and you can be the latrine boy… How’d you like that, shit-boy? Mercy, of course, had reverted back to her adolescent ways when it came to taunting Arlen.

I'll be EXTREMELY SLOW, as you know, due to being a healthcare worker during this COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks for being patient! 400+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Nukiira
Luperci Stable Master Tier I Caution! I bite.

POSTED: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 am

(276)

M for potential language

Though his exclamation had largely been rhetorical, he wasn't surprised when he heard a dry, emotionless response. His ears flicked downwards, a silence admission of submissiveness. Rather than speak and dig himself an even deeper hole, he bit his lip and picked up the bucket to move to the next stall - one that was /actually/ filled with horse dung.

The low voice of the last remaining Nightshade child made Arlen's skin crawl. Her brother's children were due any minute now - Arlen knew he'd be the last to know, regardless - and he worried about what vitriol this woman would fill his nieces and nephews with. It was bad enough that his own sister hated him now, but their aunt as well. He would never have a relationship with them and he had only himself to blame for it, supposedly.

Gritting his teeth, he responded as best he could without resorting to the delinquent's level of childishness. Had Day been absent, he might have fallen victim to stooping so low to the grieving girl. "I will fulfill the jobs assigned to me by the Lune, Sola, Council, and Brotherhood without question. But I reserve the right to appeal to them if I feel a job is inappropriate." The Stryder spoke all this knowing full well that he was bullshitting at the highest order. He had no idea if there were limits to his punishment, but he'd be damned if he had to shovel her shit as a regular chore without argument. He'd die a dishonorable before that happened.

With that sentiment being shared, he turned back to his work as shit-boy, as she so lovingly phrased it.

Casa di Cavalieri
Dishonorable
Kris
Luperci Scout Tier I, Joker Tier I Top Poster
A Royal Pain

Casa di Cavalieri