searching for my long lost shaker of salt

POSTED: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:00 pm

[000] • hehe

Calrian was a few drinks in and feeling great. For a group this large, it was not easy for things to run smoothly or to keep tensions light, but everyone seemed to be in as a good a mood as possible. Even the more dour ones had cracked a smile or two. Running on this high, Calrian found himself flitting around from person to person, a social butterfly if there ever was one.

On one of his migrations, he spotted their guest of honor lounging by the shoreline. The sun had not yet set, and in its warm glaze she looked as statuesque as a Roman goddess of yore, poised for awe and admiration. If there was anyone who knew how to relax and look good doing it, it was Adrianna.

"Hello love! Enjoying yourself?" he greeted as he came over, leaning in to give her a small, affectionate peck on her cheek. They had always had a warm and familiar relationship, whether that was due to her profession or his, and it made for plenty of small intimacies that he would not otherwise try with others. Adina, for instance, might sooner start engaging in witchcraft than allow Calrian to dote on her.

Flopping down on the sand next to the Madam, he said, "You know, maybe it's a trick of the light—" or his very drunk eyes, "—but I swear Gaston has been staring at you this whole time."

--------------------------------------------------------
Character WikiThe TroupeLa Estrella Roja
The Troupe
Broker
San
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:29 pm

--

We get down every Friday night Dancin' and grindin' in the pale moonlight

It was no warm beach side party in Brindisi, but it was definitely one of the better parties she had attended in the north. It helped that it was technically in her honor, though it was just an excuse they used to throw it in the first place. Still, she lapped up the offered alcohol, sampled the snacks, and socialized like the butterfly she had been raised to be. It was easy, it was home.

Still, she took a break from flitting about the gaggle of Troupers and settled on the beach, lounging against driftwood as she soaked up the sun with her eyes closed. Adrianna quite liked the sun and was fond of sunbathing when there was time. It was a great way to lighten the fur and look alluring while doing it.

She looked up when the Broker approached her, smiling at him as he plopped down onto the sand like the youthful boy he was. She accepted his peck and gave him a "mwah" simultaneous.

Of course, of course. What is there to not enjoy? She gave a melodious laugh. It is good to see that the Troupe has lost none of its spice with the gaining of new faces. Some of them were a little more sour than she liked seeing, but it took all sorts to make any group run well.

She raised a brow at him, laughing again. Gaston? Adrianna glanced over her shoulder and then scoffed back at Cal. I hope you can persuade him to look in a different direction. You know I will not service the Troupe members. Mixing business with home was a risky affair, which is why Vivi's past amused her endlessly.

Adrianna leaned over slightly, lowering her voice to conspiratorial levels. What other tasty gossip do you have for me? Oh, she had so much to catch up on.

Adrianna Julia
So let go of wrong and right, cause who wants, who wants, who wants to dance all night?

Player WikiCharacter Wiki
The Troupe
Madame
Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:35 am

[000]

She reaffirmed her enjoyment of the festivities, which sent his tail dragging happily across the sand. If the guest of honor was pleased, then he was pleased. That made his work much easier; all he had to do now was kick back, let loose, and enjoy whatever harmless foolishness they got themselves into.

Her reaction to Gaston's admiration was not unexpected. It was very clear to the boys that she and Vivian were off limits, although not immune to the ribald joke every now and then. Fortunately, they could dish as well as they could take it, as one would expect for women of their trade. He laughed and rolled his shoulders. If she wasn't interested, she wasn't interested. "Ah, well, can't blame a fellow for trying."

To her next playful query, he took a swig of his drink. "C'mon Adri, it's none of my business to get in their business," he said, feigning seriousness as he lounged back. This was completely false. Getting into other people's business was his only business. Laughing like it was likely she would call out his bullshit, Calrian continued, "But, if I were to speculate about anyone, I would say Mal's got eyes for someone."

What else could his brother be keeping from him? Those sighs he made were not the usual sighs, but sighs of ardor. If anyone could figure out who or what drew Malik's attention, it would be their Lady of the Night.

The Troupe
Broker
San
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Adrianna rolled her eyes at Cal. "Nothing has been tried. I would not have known if you had not said something."

Well, she would have eventually figured it out if Gaston gave it away in any sort of way. She was more than used to people staring and often disregarded their gaze when she was not inclined to use it for her work. Since she never offered such services to the Troupe, she had merely never reacted to the sensation of eyes upon her. It never occurred to her. Vivian was going to laugh when she heard.

"Uh-huh," she replied knowingly, smiling from under her brows. Calrain, not getting involved in the business of others? About as likely as the true Venus rising from the sea foam and making love to him right there on that beach. If anyone knew the gossip, it would be Calrain.

"Oh, does he?" She slowly looked over her shoulder again, pausing ever so briefly to see if Gaston was peering her way. He was not - at that moment, at least - and then landed on Malrik and O'Brien. Adrianna hummed as he thought about their little game of never-have-I-ever and her grin split wide.

"I think I might know who that might be," she said, batting her eyelashes back to Calrain. "Do you?" she asked, laughing, as though it were obvious.
Adrianna Julia
So let go of wrong and right, cause who wants, who wants, who wants to dance all night?

The Troupe
Madame
Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Behind sips of his drink, he giggled at her reaction. It was hard to tell what Adrianna's type would be, making most of his suggestions mere shots in the dark. For no other reason besides curiosity, he wanted to know at least the outline of the person she was after, if she was after any at all.

"Really?" He made a surreptitious glance after her own, wondering now if he'd been looking in all the wrong places. "You think it's someone here?"

His eyes found Salem's silhouette by the fire, and although he couldn't quite see it, he just knew she was fidgeting with her deck of cards. Part of him would have been pleased if Malik harbored secret feelings towards the mystic—she was quite engaging, after all—but then another part...he sharply diverted his gaze to the Dreamer.

"Is it Indis?" They were both soft and kind in nature. He could see a potential connection between the two of them, except for the fact he'd never seen Malik spend time with her. Calrian sighed, rolling back into the sand. "It's hard to tell with Mal. If he's not with me, he's hanging around Cook or O'Brien, you know? I thought he met someone on the outside."

He watched as a bird wheeled overhead, turning with whimsy in the swiftly changing gusts.

"What's your type, Adrianna?" He asked. "Before you say it, I know, not Gaston and not any of us," he laughed, and then straightened with a thought. "Oh! You ever fall in love with a patron?" That was the kind of thing that was romantic in ballads, but maybe not in action. If anyone knew the truth, it was Adrianna.
The Troupe
Broker
San
Luperci

POSTED: Sun May 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Oh, that was definitely not the reaction she expected. She smiled at Cal, blinking at him and nodding along as her eyes widened ever so slightly. Oh, no, there was definitely no way that Cal had any real inkling about what was going on with his brother. Willful ignorance or was she much worse at reading people than she imagined? No, certainly not. It was definitely not her place to gossip about it with Calrain if he himself had no such thoughts.

Oh, poor Mal. She knew what it was like to have oblivious siblings, and brothers were always the worst offenders.

Adrianna laughed at the suggestion of Indis. Though she barely knew the girl and honestly had been away long enough to feel out of touch, she was quite confident that it was not Indis. "No, not Indis. Maybe you should ask O'Brien. Or Cook. They might know better." Her smile broadened as she added on Cook for good measure. No reason to give it all away, not with her previous confidence faltered somewhat.

Mercifully, Calrain asked about her preferences and she sighed, dramatically. Better to change to a safe topic, anyway.

"Oh, sweet lamb, I do not know anymore. As a young girl in Rome, I liked to chase the bad boys." Adrianna laughed, dryly. "Then, I stole Nico away and came here. And he turned out not to be my type at all. Now, now I give my love out for a price. I do not think I have a type anymore. I am content without a man. I have enough to do making sure all these children are clean and presentable." She gestured to the motley crew, all of whom were adults, several older than herself.
Adrianna Julia

The Troupe
Madame
Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:19 am

[--wc] lmao I am just imagining Adri's face like this, sorry for the wait! We can maybe wrap this up here or in your next post!

There was, without a doubt, no way they were both thinking the same thing. Calrian didn't sense this rift between them at all, and continued on in his blissful ignorance. He was luckier than most to have such a rich inner world, one that was rarely infiltrated by the stark reality around him, although it was a sure thing that someday the two would collide. With any luck, Adrianna would not be around to see it.

He internalized her suggestion with a nod—when had she ever led him astray? The Madam had eyes and ears on most things, more than himself, and he was delighted to pursue these answers for the sake of them both.

To her response, his ears bounced forward with immediate interest. "Bad boys? So you're saying I would've had a chance with younger you?" he grinned, large and cheeky. Whatever Salem said, he really wasn't such a nice guy. Definitely not. Right? Calrian leaned his chin on his palm and considered the Lady of the Night from his angle. She was undeniably pretty, and the fact she was so experienced made her even more appealing. Not that he was looking for anything from her other than what they already shared; Calrian was first and foremost a boy, and was compelled to consider everyone least once like that.

Recalling Nico, her old bodyguard, he made a soft noise of putting two and two together. He'd suspected there was something there, but it never had been confirmed until that very moment. It was a pity that the fellow didn't work out.

"Ah, you're too good to us, Adri. I'm glad you're back." He turned and faced the water, smiling. "I'll keep an eye out for you, anyway."
The Troupe
Broker
San
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Sweet Calrain. There was no question that he was a smart enough boy for all that he was still a boy at the end of the day. How had his mother managed? How could she let him go on his own without a sensible sister to guide him along? It was quite a shame, really, to think that Cal and Mal had no good luck.

No matter, she was there to help the silly boys along. What else could she do? Better than to unleash Vivian upon them to see what she would make of them. As much as Adrianna wanted to see all those little loose threads sorted out, Vivian would have eagerly pushed them together without knotting them properly first. No, no. Better to wait.

Adrianna laughed loudly, almost cackling. "If that will help you sleep at night, you can feel free to think so." She laid a hand to her chest and laughed. In all honesty, were they of a similar age (and had grown up together) Adrianna would have happily dragged him into the bushes during her father's parties and made the other ladies titter when he came up bedraggled.

No one was tittering at her anymore.

"Good boy. We feel much safer with so many capable folk around." She glanced at the more muscled few in their group with a look over her shoulder. She hummed thoughtfully at Gaston, then turned back to sniff. "Maybe Gaston is not quite so bad to look at now and again." Adrianna almost winked. She knew better.

ooc: yeah we can wrap up if you want!
Adrianna Julia

The Troupe
Madame
Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

Sticks and Stones