[DCG] (Mine) Chutes and Ladders

POSTED: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:09 am

June Newspost

Table of Contents

Territory Expansion!

La Caída

Del Cenere's population has boomed - numerous Ashen now have assembled to carve out their life amidst the Gang's still, mostly, untamed wilderness! With this bolster in numbers, the border has been pushed further eastward, swallowing up a patch of woodlands, plains, and a chunk of the Burnt Church Mountain range itself.

The rocky foothills are scrubby, and dense with game, both large and small, and that's nothing to say of the mountains' forests and creeks. For more details on all that La Caída has to offer, check out our wiki!

Aside from these natural wonders to examine, what else could this stretch of land possibly hold?

Gunslinger's Glory

Paninya comes racing down to the Ugly Coyote one night while everyone hunkers low, taking refuge from a summer night's downpour and shutting out the roll of thunder - with a wild look in her eyes, she goes on to explain: Out there, in La Caída, a bowman's body lay, nothing more than bone and cloth, at the mouth of an abandoned mine in the canyon.

From a jacket's pocket, she shakes out water-spotted parchment, hearkening those who would listen, who could see what it was she'd scrounged off an unfortunate corpse. A letter with faded writing - addressed to a dearly beloved Anne-Louise - goes on to say:

I fear this will be my death. The smart end of their arrows have hit me, and as I shake, writing this, I confess that I love you, that I will always love you. Just know, that our secret will be safe. Our riches, all of them, have been buried where we first kissed - I pray you find me, find this, and lay me to rest beneath that very spot.

"Riches," Paninya continues, her eyes lit up like stars, aiming to assemble a crew to turn every inch of La Caída's soil to find this hidden treasure.

Sign ups for this mini plot ends June 6th, and this hunt for goods will conclude on June 20th. Participants can rake in a nice little sum of 10 game points for each thread they can manage to have with their thread partners, provided they meet completion goals!

1. Peony Braithwaite, Hosea Courtright and Remy Debois
  2. Juleo del Bosque, Larka, and Lyssa Fontaine
  3. Calhoun de la Cruz, Sugabear Perrin du Lac and Alejandra Sanctus
  4. Azade Feriqi, Raven Sinclaire and Waynescott Wyatt
  5. Lyla Winthrop, Santiago Tejada and Character

Happy Birthday, Del Cenere!

In other news, Del Cenere Gang turns 1 year old this month! As a special thank you for all your continued support, DCG Leadership would like to gift our players with 30 game points, just for the birthday spirit!~ Just comment below to claim.

Additionally! We'd like to extend a big thank you to Pabs for helping to come up with our fun treasure-hunting plot! Keep being amazing!

Last edited by Del Cenere Gang on Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Del Cenere Gang
OOC Account
Despi, Ryan, & Mandi

POSTED: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:04 pm

YEE FRICKEN HA
Saga D'Angelo
New Caledonia
Commoner
Vida
Luperci the crowned bear

fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:42 pm

I would like Peony to sign up for the treasure hunt :)
Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Adel
Luperci Spring Spree 2020

POSTED: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeehaw! Hosea wants in on this! :)
Hosea
Hosea Courtright
Hosea's Wiki · Family Wiki · Pabs' Wiki
Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Pabs
Luperci Del Cenere's Top Poster

POSTED: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 pm

Oooo, can I have Remy be the third wheel? Right between Peony and Hosea?

Thanks
Draiko
Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Draiko

POSTED: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:20 pm

Howdy! May I add Larka to this little shindig?

Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Ketsuki
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:46 pm

Count Juleo in
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Adel
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Lyssa for treasure plz. She would like some shinies
Del Cenere Gang
The Diplomat
Ruby
Luperci Wayfinder Trailblazer, Niñera, Carnicero You have to love yourself a fire Del Cenere's Top Poster

POSTED: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Claiming points (yeehaw) and signing up with Calhoun! :D
the graveyard's full, we're running out of earth
but we can use the bones to build another church

Raze
Luperci
stay close, reverend

POSTED: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Count Sugabear in as well, he could use some quality time with his packmates!
Sugabear Perrin du Lac
It don't matter if the cold wind blows,
I'm gonna wind up workin' in the thick of it.
Sunshine through the rain and snow.
There's an oily brine bilge water baptism waitin' below.
Del Cenere Gang
Las Brasas
Pabs
Luperci

Dead Pack News