[J] A New Leaf

Joining

POSTED: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Preferred Rank: Novice - Fase (Plays music)

Initial Post:

The lone collie walked silently through the thick forest near the Cercatori d'Arte border. She was looking to start over, turn over a new leaf, rather, and to let her artistic side become of use somewhere. She knew that there was a place for her somewhere, and she believed that it was there. So many possibilities awaited the collie just a few yards away, but she couldn't quicken her pace. Her anxious mind told her to hurry it up, but her timid legs held it back with thick reins. A nervous energy started to build inside of her gut. She couldn't tell if she was excited or scared to approach the borders. To calm herself, the collie hummed a little tune quietly to herself, while walking to the beat. It didn't make sense to be frightened of opportunity. Achievements and a new life was coming, and she had been waiting patiently for it for a long time.

Feeling her stomach and lungs fill with air, Jordyn breathed in. The thick smell of clay and flowers warned the collie that she was getting close. The distressed bubble inside of the collie started to deflated, giving Jordyn the ability to muster up the strength to quicken her steps. She adjusted the position of her bag on her shoulder, suddenly feeling the weight of it. It only contained half a dozen items, but after walking for miles, even the lightest of luggage can take its toll.

Up ahead, Jordyn could see a very large tree symbolizing the border of the Cercatori d'Arte pack. Jordyn smiled at the sight and wagged her tail. She hoped that there was a place for her here, and that she wouldn't have to search much longer for a substantial living environment.

Jordyn stopped herself at the border of the pack. She absorbed the first sights of her new adventure, and took a deep breath to howl for a leader. The collie's feminine howl chimed through the pack until it faded completely. Mother Nature's voice filled the air once again until she waited for someone to return her call. It was hard for Jordyn to believe that in just a few moments, the next chapter in her life was about to begin.

Word Count: 371

ConeriantrooperGrey
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:31 pm

welcome! :)

Seasons shifted with ease; spring blended into winter seamlessly, barely discernible until the subtle shade of winter's white was gone, replaced thoroughly with hues of pink and green that signaled spring. Skye welcomed the change - winter had been almost languid, slow, sleepy for most of her pack; and now that the ice was thawing from the trees and the leaves and their blood, perhaps the mood would quicken and begin anew, like the year.

Feeling closer to nature - both literally and figuratively - Skye padded along the packlands in her Lupus form, the most feral of the three (although the other two were both more dexterous and more powerful). Keen ears then picked up on a high-pitched, feminine howl not too far from where she was already, and so she decided to return it. Rearing her head back and lifting her snout to the crisp air, she let out a short, welcoming howl that echoed through the borders and undoubtedly reached the newcomer. Clearing her mind and leaving it blank for now, she followed her sharp ears (and soon her sharp nose) to the source of the noise.

Her senses told her that the caller was a female, and was largely dog, and once she approached her close enough to see her, she could see that she was correct. A black and white dog, with longer hair than a wolf or a coyote had, nervous emotions emanating from her person. Skye adopted a relaxed pose, her ears straight and her tail level with the rest of her body.

"Hello," she said amiably enough. "I am Skye Collins, leader of Cercatori d'Arte - what do you seek here?" She looked into the dog's eyes, attempting to extract what would not be given up easily.

#00+
by the amazing Alaine!

Sunny
Luperci Mate to Jazper
crown of clay
My Sunny One

POSTED: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 pm

In minutes, a comforting howl sounded through the chilly air in response to the collie's own howl. Jordyn's ears perked straight up and her tail started to wag happily. The howl sounded as if it was not too far away from Jordyn's location; and the collie soon found out that she was right. Many yards away, a female wolf approached her. Jordyn tightened her back muscles and lifted her spine, while clearing her throat to prepare for the questions that she knew were following right behind the approaching female's footsteps.

As Jordyn watched the female come closer and closer, she kept thinking of the song she had hummed earlier. In her mind, though, it was fast, walking to beat of the approaching female. Such a little thought made Jordyn's nerves almost disappear until the collie could see the female's features more clearly. She hoped that her timid nature it wasn't too noticeable.

Jordyn smiled when the first question was presented to her. "Hello, I am Jordyn, it is a pleasure to meet you," the collie started,"I am here to join your pack, if there is room for me. I am quite the musician, if I do say so myself. I have been playing the ocarina since I was a pup. But I am also very much up to learning new things that you may need extra help with in the pack." Jordyn smiled after her words, now fully relaxed in front of the leader. The collie's past nervous emotions was then replaced with an eager excitement about the possibilities that lied ahead of her.

Word Count: 265

ConeriantrooperGrey
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Skye's eyes flickered up and down the dog, scanning her for signs of weakness, deception, or other hidden depths. She put the scan on hold for now as the dog spoke, however, who began saying that she wished to join the pack. Her posture changed - relaxed, then excited for the new opportunities ahead.

A short description of her followed - good with music. Good with learning new things, extra help. Skye thought to her family - the different wolves and personas that made them up, working together to accomplish goals. Did they need help, extra help?... Perhaps not now, but it was never too late to begin to forge friendships, and to accept others into their home if they were useful.

Giving Jordyn one more short yet scrutinizing gaze, she nodded her head sharply - she did not smile, but her eyes softened slightly from the sharp scan that was there before.

"You are welcome here," she said in response to her willingness to learn new things. Skye then stepped back to allow her within the territory - and although it seemed to be easily accessible, what Jordyn did not know was that Skye would be keeping a close eye on the newcomer for a while yet, waiting for her to prove her worthiness to the pack.

"I have one question - have you had a pack before?" she asked, simple curiousity leaking through.

#00+
by the amazing Alaine!

Sunny
Luperci Mate to Jazper
crown of clay
My Sunny One

POSTED: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:33 pm

[html]<table class="infotable"><tr><td><b class="header" id="Welcome">Welcome to <span class="cda">Cercatori d'Arte!</span></b><b class="subheader" style="float:right;"><a href="http://cda.soulsrpg.com//">Site</a> - <a href="http://cda.soulsrpg.com/rules">Rules</a> - <a href="http://soulsrpg.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=12818&view=findpost&p=128364">Ranks</a></b><br /><p>Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are: <p><br/><span class="indenttable">___</span>1. Check out the <a href=http://soulsrpg.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=12818&view=findpost&p=140729>pack game</a>, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!<br/><span class="indenttable">___</span>2. Read up on the information about the <a href=http://cda.soulsrpg.com/ranks>ranks and co-ranks</a> so you can advance in the pack!<br/><span class="indenttable">___</span>3. Look at the <a href=http://cda.soulsrpg.com/territory>territory map</a> so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!</p><p>If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the <a href=http://soulsrpg.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=12983#top>open threads!</a> You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?</td></tr></table>[/html]

Sunny & Nine

POSTED: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Jordyn studied the woman in front of her, noticing that she had visibly relaxed at when Jordyn announced that she wanted to join the pack, but she could still see that she was watching her with content. This, however, did not worry the collie. It was the leader's job to watch the new comers in the pack to see if she really was useful to the pack, or if she was just hanging around, stalling. Jordyn wasn't worried that she wouldn't work well here. She was excited about learning something new to benefit the pack, or to use her skills that she had now to help out. The only thing that did worry the collie was the others in the pack. She didn't know how people would treat her as a newbie. It was easy to work, but it was a different story working with other people.

When the leader welcomed her to the pack, Jordyn's tail started to wag, and she soon followed her into the pack grounds. Excitement bubbled inside of the collie. She would definitely remember this day for a long time. When this was over, she was going to write every little bit down in her journal to reflect on it for another day; maybe when she was older and had pups or had grown a few grey hairs.

While walking through the pack, Jordyn listened to the leader as she asked her a rather personal question to Jordyn. "Well, yes I have been in a pack before. The Vinatta pack..." Jordyn said, reflecting on it for a while. It had been a while since she had seen anyone from the vinatta pack, but she had most certainly not forgotten about them.

Word Count: 286

ConeriantrooperGrey
Luperci

Dead Topics