Tidal Tadpoles

[P; Kuba; Grimwell Caverns]

POSTED: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 am

Table © Raze :: Out of Character text

Word Count → 361

Willam had a couple of young pups now and she found them harder to deal with then she would have ever imagined possible. When she had asked for this she would have never expected motherhood to be as difficult as it was. The pups continued to cry incessantly and she could never find a moment's amount of peace. That had caused her more frustration than she would have ever imagined. It had been enough to cause her to break her vow to suffer through the first two months alone. Still the pups were near enough to two months. She didn't trust them to be too far out of her sight just yet but she could trust to take them out of the cave where she had been keeping them. After all Inferni would have to learn about them if they were to help in raising them. She wanted her children to learn as much as possible and that meant getting lessons from others in the clan in order to teach them things that Willam would be unable to.

Even though she had taken the pups outside of the caverns she hadn't taken them too far. She kept them at the river that fed into the caverns, not letting them all the way down to the beach just yet. The large coyote woman watched over the small boy and girl, keeping a close eyes on them as she allowed then to splash about in the shallow part of the river, close to its bank. While they frustrated her and made her feel insane she refused to let anything happen to them.

The pups amused themselves with chasing about the tadpoles that refused to be caught. She watched as they raced up and down beside the river, trying hard to follow the fast little creatures. Willam found herself smiling as the pups splashed their forepaws into the water and scared the aquatic creatures away from the area. She hoped that if they expended all of their energy on this activity then maybe they would sleep through the night for once without all of the whining and crying that had been keeping her up.

DEAD
Luperci
Nihil Sine Deo

POSTED: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Sorry for the wait on this!! [325]:

Another day just enjoying the fresh air in his home territory was good enough for him - even if he was becoming more and more independent each day, he was loyal to his pack, though not very useful to it as he was still young. Kuba stopped to sniff around for scents, hopefully something small he could catch, his hunting skills still needed to be practiced on. But though he did catch a fleeting smell of a critter or two, he instead decided to track down a fellow Infernian. He jogged onto the scene not before long, and wagged his tail as his eyes fell on a couple of children playing in the water. Pushing back the urge to join them, he looked to what, he could only assume was their mother.

It was not often he preferred adults over someone his age, but today he could make an exception. Kuba walked over, deliberately making some noise as he did so, as he did not want to startle the other when he got over there in case she hadn't noticed him before. I used to be like that. The Lykoi started off, a nice attempt to get a conversation going. Then, he laughed a little. Well, I guess I still am! It was true, though his personality was starting to flesh out he still held many childish traits that others could pick at.

Thinking for a brief moment, the young male seated himself beside the other, and then decided he would watch the pups a little longer before he introduced himself. It was nice of the female to let them out into the sunlight instead of keeping them cooped up wherever she pleased, it was something a good mother would do - that much he knew. Bringing himself into a laying position, his eyes drifted back to the stranger, finally speaking up once again. My name's Kuba, by the way. Kuba Lykoi. How about you?

OPEN CHARACTER

OPEN CHARACTER
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Table © Raze :: It's okay, I'm getting over being sick myself

Word Count → 316

Willam looked up at the sound of approach of another. Rather than it being someone she already had met prior it was someone young instead. Where had all this youth come from? She sadly couldn't answer that. All of this time in Inferni and she still didn't know everyone that called the clan home just yet. She had to get back to working on that now that her pups were old enough to get out and start moving around. It would give Willam more of a chance to leave her den and start to interact once again.

”There is nothing wrong with it. Why not have some fun if all of your other work has been completed?” Granted Willam used to be one that didn't take too many breaks and was always finding something to get herself involved in. Once her puppies were old enough to care and look after themselves then no doubt she would be right back to that routine once more. For now her daughter and son were what took up the most of her time, them and her devotions.

Willam's gaze drifted from where her children were playing in order to look to the male that had decided to take a seat down near her. ”A pleasure to meet you Kuba. I am Willam la Chemin and they are Versace Inferni and Cartier Inferni.” The large woman introduced herself as well as her children. ”Lykoi? That would make you related to Helotes?” Or pretty much everyone else in the clan, it would seem. Most everyone else seemed to be of some sort of Lykoi relation. Of course there were the few that weren't. Still it seemed that there were more relations of that family then there were not. One of her own children, though Willam couldn't name which one, was related to that line as well. Of course that wasn't public knowledge.

DEAD
Luperci
Nihil Sine Deo

POSTED: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 am

I must apologize again, for this post maybe a little crappier than my normal ones, I lost my muse for a few days and am only just coming back 8I. [350]:

His fellow pack mate was not aggressive in the slightest towards him, as it should be. It would be no good to get off on the wrong paw with another of his own group, that much was for sure. He nodded his head eagerly at her first words, even if her eyes weren't on him yet, glad that they already seemed to share some opinions. Exactly. Kuba replied, as the woman had taken the words right out of his mouth it sounded like. He had trouble keeping his tone to anything other than excited, so it was hard for him to make himself appear as...patient, for lack of a better word, as the other.

The female's gaze drifted to him, and he gave a polite grin to her as she introduced herself, as well as her kids, who a little surprisingly shared their last name with what the pack was titled - Inferni. He didn't say anything about it however, though there was a slight urge to crack a joke about how nice a name it was. Pleasure to meet you too, Willam! And your pups, as well. He didn't trust his tongue to say the rest of her name properly, so he just went with the first part of it. At the end of his sentence, he motioned with his head in the direction of the children he was referring to.

Next, she questioned him a little about his last name, appearing a little interested, at least to Kuba. Grin transforming slightly into a smile, he answered her with glee, not shy to share information about his heritage. Yeah, I think he's my papa's brother, actually. Kuba wasn't completely one hundred percent on that, but even if it was false, he was certainly related to the other Lykoi in some other, perhaps lesser, way. He knew the told heritage that supposedly ran through his veins was honest and sincere, never flimsy and a lie - it showed boldly on his face that he was of the proud blood that mostly made up Inferni.

OPEN CHARACTER

OPEN CHARACTER
Luperci

POSTED: Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 am

Table © Raze :: It's fine, I can understand that

Word Count → 363

The children had been named in the way that tradition dictated, the same way that she had received her own name. Young were given the surname of where they were born. Versace and Cartier had been born in Inferni and so that had become their surname. Willam had even considered changing her own surname to match that of the clan but found herself unable to cut ties with the place of her birth after all was said and done. It had been a nice thought and she still did wish to honor the clan. Inferni had become her home after she had lost la Chemin. She had been welcome and accepted despite her differences. There was no way that she was ever going to be able to repay that back no matter how hard she tried.

"You are lucky to have him for an uncle. He is a really decent man." Or at least that had been her experiences with Helotes. He had continually been a good friend to her and someone that she could share in devotion with. It was the latter part that she really cherished about him. It was good to have someone to commune with and to share a similar line of faith with. This made him able to better understand some of her quirks that those that didn't celebrate and participate in her religion would be able to understand. How could she being to explain the constant need to offer up penance for every misdeed to someone entirely unfamiliar with the concept of confession and penance?

"Are you just out enjoying the day or perhaps you are looking for someone in particular? If so then perhaps I can help you. Multiple pairs of eyes will make searching easier." Again Willam was willing to abandon her activities in order to help someone else, age clearly didn't matter to her. Honestly she felt that she owed it to the other just because of who his family was. His uncle had done something for her, a service that she was unable to repay no matter how desperately that she wanted to. Because of that she felt indebted to his entire family.

DEAD
Luperci
Nihil Sine Deo

Dead Topics