Only hope can keep me together

[Liam]

POSTED: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:03 am

Night, dated ??. Takes place after this thread, and Hati's trip to the Outpost. She has a mild case of pneumonia.
Regarde en toi, même pas l'ombre d'une larme
WC: 554
It was a relief to cross the borders of Cour des Miracles and be home again. The ride had been harrowing; at first Hati had been alone with his two horses trying to remember the way back, and then to add to his anxiety, he had stumbled across the half-drowned puppy by the river. He dried her fur and held her against his chest to keep her warm, but she kept coughing the whole ride, as though she couldn't expel all the water from her shivering body.

Hati's mind was still whirling, trying to grasp all that he was responsible for. Asagi and Luneth needed to be rubbed down and put to rest in the stables. Hati was in full charge of the Court's stables until Alder returned home from visiting his relatives in Vinátta; he would need to rise with the sun in order to take care of all the herd. And Esperanza had come into his life, his niece, and she appeared to be sick.

It was dark when he reached the stables, but he knew his way through the barn blindfolded. He whispered his apologies to Asagi and then Luneth as he turned them in to their stalls, removing Asagi's saddle and Luneth's lead rope, and rubbing them dry of sweat with the old blanket. The mares were both very tired from the endurance run, and he knew they would sleep once he left them. Luneth would need extra rest and care from now on, for if all went as planned, she should be pregnant.

Esperanza did not react much when he picked her back up again, and he realized she must have finally fallen asleep as well. Hati pressed his nose against the soft fur between her ears, a tender gesture of affection. He would help her get better, and then he would find her mother and reunite them. It was nothing short of a miracle that he had found her, and he would not let her down.

He was stumbling in his exhaustion by the time he reached his family's home. The Victorian-style house loomed in the dark, lit only by the faint moonlight above. It was a familiar sight, as Hati remembered well how he used to sneak out of the house at night as a pup. He hugged the Catori girl's body closer to his chest as he entered the doorway, her gangly legs draped over his shoulder and twitching in her sleep.

Liam and Rio were both healers, and hopefully one of them was still awake and could examine Esperanza before they went to bed. He was especially concerned that she could have water in her lungs from drowning. The sound of her coughing was beginning to remind him of his mother's final decline... the way she had struggled to breathe in the end. Hati frowned, brows furrowed in determination. He wouldn't let his niece suffer the same way Ayita had.

"Liam...?" he called hoarsely, pacing through the halls of their home. "Rio? Are one of you awake? I need some help." Gently he joggled the puppy up and down, trying to ease her awake so that she would not be startled by whomever approached. He didn't want to put her down after all the hours of carrying her. Hati was already attached to her.
et ça fait mal, crois moi, une lame enfoncée loin dans mon âme
template by revo. stock photo by track-maidens.
Hati Catori
He is always seen wearing his moon necklace.
Hati may be accompanied by his niece, Esper.
(Art by Raze, Signature by Sie.)
My avatar rotates; credit here.

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu
Luperci Page Matchmaker: Romeo and Juliet Couple with Edgar!

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:16 am

ooc goes here Word Count :: 000

Liam was in a room flipping through pages in a book. He had not been able to save his mother so many months ago and from that point on he was hitting the books at almost all hours he could. He had for months collected roots and plants before winter hit and even though winter hit some roots were still available. He huffed as he thumbed through pages.

Sounds emerged from the inner home and Liams ears perked something was wrong. He then heard Hati calling for him and he stood from his desk and herbs. He opened the door and peak out. "Hati down the hall I'm here. He spoke stepping out. of the room. He could see the child in Hati's arm and he took a deep breath. Who was it? the color was slightly familiar but he didn't want to believe it could be one of Amaranth's children. Hurry in here don't wake Rio He spoke opening the door to his study fully.

table by raze; stock from katie @ dawnthieves and aleeka-stock @ deviantArt
Liam Catori
You showed me your smile and my cares were gone
Falling in love filled my soul with fright

Marie
Luperci I know a lot of useless trivia!
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 am

WC: 303
Hati perked up when he heard Liam's voice, silently padding toward his elder brother. The puppy yawned and began to stir in his arms, groggy amethyst eyes peering blearily about. Hati hugged her close against his chest, hoping she did not panic at her unfamiliar surroundings. He followed Liam into the study, speaking in a low voice to keep quiet.

"Liam, you won't believe this, but... she's our niece, Esperanza! I just got back from my trip to the Outpost, Alder stayed behind in Vinátta, and..." The wolfdog child tucked her head low and began to cough, the sound making Hati cringe. He looked worriedly toward Liam, searching for the answer he hoped the healer would have.

"She said she wandered off from Green Wood and fell into the river. I found her half-drowned on the shore, and she had no idea how to go back home. When I realized who she was, well... I had to bring her here, you know? We've been riding non-stop to get home." His gaze dropped guiltily, and he ran his fingers through her terracotta red fur, stroking her reassuringly. Wouldn't Amaranth be furious with him? She obviously wanted her puppies to grow up in Green Wood, not Cour des Miracles. He would have tried to follow the river and uncover where the Catori pack was once and for all, but Esper's cough...

Esperanza raised her head, blinking owlishly. She squinted at the relative she did not recognize, confusion written on her expression rather than fear. Her curled tail began to wag, and she leaned out to sniff at Liam. "You're my uncle too? I'm Esper," she chirped, though her small voice was quickly interrupted by coughing. Hati rocked her back and forth, shushing her gently. "Save your voice," he murmured, pale eyes filled with worry.
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Nunc felis lectus, consectetur vel tincidunt nec, ullamcorper quis nunc.

Liam was awe struck looking at the small child before him. Though he could see it in her he was glad she looked more like Amaranth then Vigilante. the river? how did she survive the girl must have been something strong to survive what ever she went through. Hati its alright she'll be alright. Liam reassured him. He ran over to the small bed of furs in the room waking space for the small girl Over here Hati. He urged as he grabbed a warm dry blanket.

He had for a while been study remedies for coughs and infections. Winter was a hard time to gather herbs and most of his dried stock was low. He was sure that he could cure the small child's illness and in a few weeks time she would be better and running all over the court. I will write a letter to Amaranth. I don't think she'll be mad at you. You chose to do what was best to help her. He spoke knowing it was the truth. Hati was right though Amaranth did not want them raised here because who they were was sin. Amaranth was not related to Vigilante but still the man was like a father to her and she had.. He shook his head for a moment. Before running over to get some dried tea leaves and other herbs to steep in warm water. He smiled at hati and left the room for a moment.

The house always seemed larger in time crunches and as he made his way to the first floor and back he placed the herbs in a bowl and watched them steep as he stirred the mixture slowly. He added something to aid the girl in sleep and sighed. He'd need to find trader for tea leaves before to long. He couldn't remember how his mother was always getting them. Maybe it was his uncle who went out and found them all the time.

He walked over to the young girl and smiled. Here esper drink this.It doesn't taste the best but it'll help

Photo credit to Konstantine Lazorkin at Flickr & Clarabellafairestock at DeviantART.
Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 am

WC: 444
Hati exhaled in relief when Liam assured him he knew what to do. He remembered a time when he did not want to trust his older brother, with childish feelings of resentment clouding his judgment. That felt like such a long time ago. Now he was entrusting Liam with this most precious of cargo, their sister's lost child, and it felt like the natural thing to do. He gingerly placed Esper onto the bed of furs, watching the tired puppy curl into a ball. "Thank you, Liam," he intoned gratefully. "I really hope Amaranth won't be too angry, since it was pure fate that I found her at all..."

Liam slipped out of the room to gather his supplies, and Hati took the opportunity to sit on the floor, crossing his legs near the pile of furs. He yawned, exhaustion settling over him from the harrowing journey. His shoulders ached from carrying the child all those hours, and now that the urgency of getting her home had subsided, he felt like he could sleep for days.

"When are we gonna look for Green Wood?" asked the small voice beside him. Hati absentmindedly stroked Esper's head, murmuring his quiet response. "When your cough goes away. You heard Uncle Liam -- he's going to send your mom a letter, so she knows you're safe and sound with us. You know, this is the house your mom used to live in, before she joined Green Wood."

The puppy stared around her with wide eyes, curiosity shining bright. Hati smiled to himself, suppressing another yawn. Tomorrow, after his stable chores were done, he would have to show her around. Oh, and she should be introduced to Amaranth's other children... Jiva and Heiro were off traveling elsewhere, but Tasha still lived in the Court with Niro. It would be too painful for poor Niro, no doubt, but Tasha might like to meet her little sister. Hati pondered for a moment, studying Esperanza's colorful pelt. Who was her father, if it really wasn't Niro? All he could see was Amaranth's influence, the rich terracotta red offset by vivid purple eyes. He supposed it would always be a mystery. Her paws looked big though, like she would grow tall one day...

Liam reentered the room, holding a bowl containing a freshly mixed tisane. Esper sat up, sniffing it curiously. Her nose wrinkled at the scent, but she obediently lowered her head and lapped up the herbal drink. "I'll let her sleep in my room," Hati offered as he watched her. Liam and Rio would need their space with their first litter on the way, and he didn't want Esperanza going unsupervised.
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Sat May 11, 2013 9:34 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER GOES HERE YES

Liam smiled as he listened intently to the way the young girl was breathing. He was worried about how advanced her cough was. He looked up at Hati though with his dual colored eyes. I think thats a good idea. He spoke softly as he watched her drink from the bowl. He pulled it away and looked at her. Hey Esper I'm going to pick you up to listen better to your lungs. He spoke softly cradling the pup for a moment. He could feel the chill still around her. He just listened letting his large ear work the best it could. He smiled placing the child down running his hand over her face. Rest now He spoke standing up moving from her for now.

Liam looked at hati and motioned for him to step away. He sat in a chair and motioned for him to move to sit. Liam looked over at Esper she would fall asleep soon. What was odd to him was this sensation that surrounded him in the room. His ears twitched for a moment and he heard the faint whisper She will live he blinked as he looked at Hati then back to Esper his heart skipping a beat as he could have sworn he saw his mother snuggle up to the child. He looked at Hati. did you hear that? He questioned looking at his brother.

Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 am

WC: 308
Hati watched anxiously as Esper lapped up the herbal mixture. The Catori puppy was too tired to resist being picked up, so she barely moved when Liam's hands removed the bowl and found her. She yawned again while the healer cradled her, and nodded drowsily in agreement when he placed her back down again. Her violet eyes were already fluttering shut, tail slowly unfurling as her body relaxed.

Hati's blue eyes flicked to his brother's mismatched gaze, making sure there was nothing to worry about. If her condition got worse because of Hati, if he hadn't brought her here quickly enough... but it seemed Liam was remaining calm, so Hati drew a deep breath, exhaling slowly. No need to stress until he knew for sure. Esper would sleep soundly, and it would hopefully do her good. By the time Alder came back, he could introduce his niece and she would be fit as a fiddle.

The brothers quietly moved a few paces away, Hati settling in the chair Liam gestured to. He was trying not to yawn himself; that pile of furs was tempting, after the night he had. He had never ridden horseback for so long, over such a distance. He would have to take care to ensure that Asagi and Luneth did not fall ill from exhaustion either.

A sudden shiver chased down his spine, as a peculiar sensation made the hairs on the nape of his neck stand erect. He didn't feel as tired as before, oddly energized. He blinked rapidly, rubbing his neck as he glanced back to Liam. "Hear what?" he asked curiously in a low whisper, vaguely unsettled. "We didn't wake Rio up, did we?" His tall ears swiveled, trying to catch whatever Liam reacted to. He looked back to Esperanza's slumbering form, and saw that she was smiling in her sleep.
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Wed May 29, 2013 3:14 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER GOES HERE YES

Liam sighed as he tried to shake his head. He was going crazy reading the bible his mother had left behind must have been driving the young boy mad. He chuckled as he looked to Hati. No I think she's still asleep maybe I'm just over tired. He laughed looking down at his desk. He picked up the feather that he used to write with.

You need to know Hati he spoke as he started writing his letter to Amaranth. Do not tell this to Esperanza or anyone else. Amaranth will most likely kill me for telling you. He spoke chuckling at the thought. For a moment though he had to stop and fully look at Hati. Esperanza is one of the few puppies Amaranth has had. But this litter is special, at least to her and thats why she ran away. They are not Niro's children.. He took in a deep breath and looked hati in the eyes. They are Vigilante's His voice low as he looked at Hati waiting to see the reaction.

Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:40 pm

You just broke his brain. xD [WC: 366]
Hati listened calmly as his older brother spoke, though his ears perked up when he was sworn to secrecy. Obediently he nodded, promising not to share the information with the little niece he wanted to protect. Niro had hinted at the reason Amaranth left him, and Hati knew the litter's father was someone else, presumably a Courtier. But he was not interested in idle gossip and had not researched the family matter; it certainly wasn't of importance compared to Esperanza's health. He didn't realize his eldest sister had confided in Liam, and that the secret would hit him so close to home.

Vigilante. His gut clenched, his jaws parting in shock as he tried to process the revelation. Liam must have misspoken, because that made no sense. "No... but... he was her father," Hati spluttered, a little too loudly. He quickly covered his mouth and glanced at Esperanza, but she did not stir. Confused, Hati's gaze shifted back to Liam, pale blue eyes searching the mismatched blue and green and finding nothing but truth. He continued in a hushed whisper, visibly distressed. "I mean, I know Amaranth and Kable had a different father, some guy called Leroy, but Vigilante adopted them, and, and, she grew up with him! That's... I don't understand why... why would they..."

His mom and dad had always been faithful to each other. They were the perfect couple, the one he wanted to emulate when someday he found his own mate. Then his mother was murdered, and his father didn't wait until she was cold in the ground before he bedded his stepdaughter? Hati's sense of honor and morality was thrown, and he found himself nervously fingering the moon pendant he wore around his throat. He hadn't been on the best terms with his father, especially toward the end, but he still believed Vigilante had been a good man, a hero. "Was... that why Amaranth spent so much time in the house... alone with our dad?" He could barely get the question out. Memories of those dark days came seeping back unbidden, and it was choking up his voice. "Were they... a couple? Did... did Dad ever cheat on Mom... with Amaranth?"
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

Dead Topics