God, just save me!

Rio's birthing thread | attn: Hati, Kable, Liam and whoever else might walk up into the Catori house

POSTED: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 am

(313) Rio's birthing thread - open to anyone who would normally be at or nearby the Catori house ~ set for late afternoon/early evening. Do wolves' water break before birth ? idk.
Forward-dated to April 3rd.

It seemed like an off day for her, somehow. She couldn’t quite place her finger on the exact reason. All she knew was that maybe staying in today was the right choice. So, Rio curled up on their bed with a good book – her herbal book. The one that Liam had first given her. She continuously read through it, feeling worse by the hour. She felt alright enough to not tell anyone, but bad enough that she didn’t want to get out of bed.

Then it started.

The pain was unbearable, and it came in waves. Slow at first, more separated, but as they progressed, the space between them shortened. Even as a training medic, Rio didn’t know what child birth was supposed to feel like, and she was slowly losing her wits. Each one became more and more painful, and soon she wasn't able to ignore them anymore. She was literally just staring at the book, slowly freaking out about the pain she was feeling. She closed the book and put it down beside her and attempted to get off the bed. Standing up was equally horrible, and the sudden pain she achieved made her scream. She whimpered as she walked toward the doorway, hunched over because the pain was so bad. "Liam! Liam!" Then she slid down the wall and fell to her side, in a sitting position, clutching her throbbing abdomen. "LIAM!" She didn’t know if there was something wrong or what. Was she dying? Were her pups dying inside of her and this was how it felt? All she knew was that as the pain grew, she became more delirious. She would have drifted off to sleep if it wasn’t keeping her awake. She sat propped against the wall, holding her baby bump and crying – whimpering like a child while her female parts started to leak without her knowledge.

Sammiie
Luperci Medic
SINK BELOW THE GROUND

POSTED: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:11 am

Hati is the worst possible coach because blood makes him queasy?? but he will try! xD [512]

Hati spent most of his day at the stables as he always did, mucking stalls, grooming horses, and all the other mundane chores that he had grown to love. He recalled the days when he had clumsily struggled with many of the simpler tasks, such as carrying the water buckets or using the pitchfork, and it was rewarding now to handle them with practiced ease. The stables were a peaceful place, and he knew every horse by name, making every visit feel like he was spending time with friends. It put him in a good mood to be in his element. The herd accepted him. He skipped his customary ride with Asagi, though, letting the mare rest as he hurried home to check on his niece Esperanza.

Esper was recovering from her illness quickly, but the chest cough still persisted, so she was not allowed to leave the house without Hati. Soon enough he would take her to see all the sights, and formally introduce her to the horses, since she had slept through most of her ride into the Court. The puppy was asleep on his bed when he peeked his head into the room, her nose tucked neatly under her fluffy red tail. The rest was doing her good. Tired but happy, Hati padded downstairs into the kitchen area, rummaging about for the battered metal pot he used for hunter's stew. There was still time before the sun set, and with a sick Esper and a pregnant Rio, he was glad to pitch in and put his novice cooking skills to the test. He couldn't make much, but he knew how to throw ingredients into a pot and boil them. Finally, at long last, the house was beginning to feel like a home again.

Then the pained scream rent the air, shattering the peaceful silence. Hati dropped the pot with a resounding crash, ears clapped flat against his skull. Panic lent him speed, and he lurched from the kitchen, dashing toward Rio and Liam's bedroom. "Rio, are you all right? What's happening?" he cried as he rounded the doorway, pale eyes wide. The dark-furred wolf was slumped against the wall, clutching her swollen stomach and whimpering pitifully. Hati stood slack-jawed and useless, trying to process if her time had come or if something was going horribly wrong. He didn't know anything about midwifery, and he wasn't close enough to Rio to know what to say that would comfort her. Liam better get here soon.

Hati's stomach lurched as an oddly familiar tangy scent washed over him. Then he remembered Terra's birthing den, the day her sons came into the world. Rio was definitely going into labor, her body was already expelling the fluids. He tried not to gag as he thought of the blood. Liam better get here really soon, if he didn't want his little brother to pass out. "Rio, I, I, I don't know what to do, tell me what to do! They're coming! You're the healer, tell me what you need," he stammered, dithering in the doorway.

Stock photo credit here | Template credit here
Hati Catori
He is always seen wearing his moon necklace.
Hati may be accompanied by his niece, Esper.
(Art by Raze, Signature by Sie.)
My avatar rotates; credit here.

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu
Luperci Page Matchmaker: Romeo and Juliet Couple with Edgar!

POSTED: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:17 pm

ooc goes here Word Count :: 000

Liam had been out searching for hardy herbs and other things with Caroline. She enjoyed things like this wither it was with Rio or Liam. Liam smiled as the pair were returning home Liam's ears perked forward. Something seemed wrong he heard Rio scream. Caroline dropped her bag and ran towards the door. Mama She called out bursting in looking about.

Liam clambered behind her throwing both bags to the floor. Rio was the love of his life and he was worried that something might be terribly wrong. He looked at Caroline and touched her lightly. Go get me some blankets. He spoke as he glanced around taking a deep breath. He'd spoken to his mother or more so to her grave. He hoped that she would bless the litter. It was strange but he could feel her presence was strong in the home. It could be the sense of new life in the home or that she was truly there. He raced up the stairs and to the bedroom where he saw a pale hati (that was if he could go pale) and his mate buckling. Rio He moved to her Hati Caroline is getting blankets can you get water? He had to take control of this situation.

table by raze; stock from katie @ dawnthieves and aleeka-stock @ deviantArt
Liam Catori
You showed me your smile and my cares were gone
Falling in love filled my soul with fright

Marie
Luperci I know a lot of useless trivia!
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 am

(300+) LOL, this is going to be fun >:] Poor Hati :/ ALSO: permission from Marie for the PP.

She didn’t really know what was going on around her – all she could concentrate on was the pain – and the smell that was slowly seeping into her nostrils. That smell. It was familiar to her – it was the same faint scent she had come to known when she witnessed her mother’s last litter. Somehow, even if it was a bloody scent – something that sent her brother-in-law gagging, it comforted her in a way. It gave her a feeling like she was on the right track – like she had nothing to fear.

Still, the pain hadn’t reassured her. She heard Hati’s voice down the hall, and he was yelling at her. Or towards her. She couldn’t really tell – and she didn’t know what he was saying either. She just clutched her stomach and whimpered, rocking back and forth trying to take her mind off of the pain – or take the pain away from her mind. One of those. "Get Liam." She couldn’t even yell anymore. She was slowly losing her mind, and her consciousness.

She allowed her body to crawl into a fetal position – in a sitting position somehow. She continued whimpering until she felt someone’s strong, gentle arms carefully lift her off of the floor and cradle her to the bed. They put her down gently, and by this time, she opened her eyes to see her Knight right above her. Now she could feel herself leaking and she moved to get up, but was stopped. "Liam, I’m going to mess up the bed sheets…" At this point, she really didn’t know what she was talking about. Who cared about the bed sheets at a time like this? They could get new ones.

The pain still came in waves, the most recent worse than the last. Liam propped Rio up on pillows so that she was in an ideal pup-bearing position with her legs open at the edge of the bed and her head propped up comfortably. Her tail was moved to the side underneath her. Her whole body shook with numbing chills – she wasn’t cold, maybe they were from the rocking pain every couple of seconds. She still whimpered – the pain, she knew this, wouldn’t be going away until they were out of her – and that could take hours. "Liam, I think they’re coming." If it wasn’t already obvious. If it wasn’t for the solid pain that coursed through her abdomen every minute, she would have passed out ages ago. It was the contractions that were keeping her awake.

Sammiie
Luperci Medic
SINK BELOW THE GROUND

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 am

wheee excitement [379]

His tail tucked low between his legs, anxiety making his hands tremble. Get Liam? He had no idea where the soon-to-be father was, nor did he know what to tell Rio. He wanted to make her pain go away, her distress was making him panic. He heard Caroline shriek downstairs and his ears perked up, knowing the girl was never far from Liam's side. "He'll be here soon," he promised, casting a wild glance out in the hallway, hoping to see the arrival. Sure enough, Liam came racing up the stairs, and Hati breathed a sigh as he moved out of the way, pacified by the sight of his healer brother. Liam seemed remarkably calm under the pressure, quickly taking control.

Water. Yes, he could fetch water. Relieved, Hati slipped out into the hallway and scurried back into the kitchen. There was a basin of fresh water he kept refilled from the stream; it was kept clean for drinks and cooking, so whatever purpose Liam wanted it for, it would do. He hoisted the basin up hastily, carrying it up the stairs with some sloshing on his feet. He drew a deep breath, trying to gather his wits before stepping back into the chaos. He knew his fainthearted reactions were no good, and this was why he could not be a medic like most of the Catori family. Oh, there was going to be so much blood... Gritting his teeth, he barged back in.

By the time he got back to the bedroom, Rio had moved onto the bed and been propped up with pillows. She was shaking, her whimpering voice betraying the pain that was racking her body from the contractions. Hati shuddered with dread, empathy welling for the brave mother-to-be. As far as natural processes went, this was a barbaric one, and he could hardly bear to be near such suffering, let alone imagine what it felt like. "Water," he announced, his voice faint as he entered the room. He carried the pot to the head of the bed, not daring to come anywhere near her legs where the action was taking place. He wanted to meet his newborn nieces and nephews when they came into the world, but he could only pray that they came quickly!

Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Liam wanted Rio to be comfortable and the floor was not the place for her. Liam smiled at her running a hand over her cheek. Forget about them he spoke as he went about what he knew from his mother. He was panicking inside but he didn't want to show how nervous he was. This wasn't someone else's puppies or mate. He tried to set himself into a full medic mode but it was so hard when this was changing his life.

Hati returned from getting water and moved to the head of the bed. He still looked a bit uneasy and Liam wondered if he was going to be ok. Caroline came running in. This is all I can find daddy. She spoke as she looked at him and then her mother. Liam smiled "Why don't you go join uncle Hati over there ok He spoke ushering her towards him. Caroline nodded a bit looking up at her uncle. she'll be ok right? she asked looking up at Hati.

Liam looked at his mate and ran his hand over her arm. Nice easy breaths dear. I'll do the rest after they are born. He spoke trying to ease her. He didn't want to drug her he wanted to keep this as natural as possible.

Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:48 pm

(300+) >:D

Her baby bump had been smaller than usual – than she had seen on some other females. Having her birth in Optime form probably didn’t help either – would her children be born Optime as well? Rio knew nothing about birthing – only from what she had seen firsthand. She had no idea how it was supposed to play out with her – she didn’t ask as many questions as she should have.

Being propped up on the bed comfortably now had taken some of the pressure off of her abdomen. Even though the contractions still hurt, she felt a little better. Liam’s soothing voice helped to calm her nerves a bit and she followed his instruction without further ado. He told her to breathe, so she breathed.

It seemed like she was breathing for several hours before she could actually feel her body start to have the urge to push – though, she really couldn’t tell how much time elapsed. Only Liam would be able to tell that – and possibly Caroline. She wasn’t too sure about Hati, since his mind was occupied with keeping his stomach stable. Rio couldn’t be bothered with any of that – she tried to keep her birth stable, and when her body urged her to push, she did.

The first few of them were just dry pushes – nothing coming out but fluid over the side of the bed, splashing onto the hardwood floor and probably some onto Liam as well. That ought to have had Hati’s stomach whirling. Rio’s ears pressed to her skull and her eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets as she tried pushing again, as her body commanded. This time, she could feel something coming through her – out of her. She hoped Liam was there to catch it, and wasn’t sure if he did because she hadn’t heard any whimpering or howling from that end. Maybe it was dead. Maybe all of her pups were dead. "Is it alright?" She tried to prop herself up on her elbows to look at whatever came out of her, but another set of contractions floored her before she was able to get high enough to see.

She plopped back down on the pillows and began pushing again, listening for the cries of her first born. "Liam?!" It was meant to be a question, but with all the pushing and pulling her body was automatically doing – it made her voice a lot more urgent.

Sammiie
Luperci Medic
SINK BELOW THE GROUND

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:40 am

pfft he is so uncomfortable around lady parts, too. [364]

Hati's hands were shaking as he held the basin of water, and he stared down at the reflective surface, watching the ripples dance and splash at the edges. His concentration on the distraction was broken when young Caroline addressed him, and Hati stood with his lips parted, trying to come up with the right thing to say. He was too honest to lie and tell her he knew everything would be fine, but he certainly did not want to upset anyone in the birthing room by saying otherwise. "It's supposed to be like this, this is... normal?" he managed unconvincingly. "All mothers do this... it's the only way the puppies can come out of..." He gestured vaguely at Rio's stomach, trying not to think too hard about the logistics. He was just no good in a crisis, he could only follow orders and hope to stay out of the way.

Rio settled into a pattern of breathing, and the initial panic began to settle down into a tense readiness. The puppies would come when they were ready, and everyone in the room was as prepared as they could be. Hati and Caroline were standing by to assist Liam with the blankets and water, and poor beleaguered Rio was no longer crying out or struggling against it. Instinct must be guiding her, Hati realized. She looked calmer now. It relieved him some, and he flashed a nervous smile at Caroline, hoping she was not still worried.

Then it came time to push, and Rio gave it all she could, straining as her body contracted. Hati kept his mouth clamped shut, though his nose crinkled at the scent. He was beginning to feel lightheaded. All at once the pressure seemed to subside, and Rio rose in curiosity, bidding Liam to check. Was the first puppy born? Hati rose on his toes and peered over the edge of the bed, and immediately regretted it. All he saw was a glimpse of blood and other unmentionables, and he had to screw his eyes shut to keep from reacting very poorly. "Is it alright, Liam?" he asked loudly, echoing Rio's concern. Liam would be the hero of the day.

Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 pm

It wasn't that he was scarred or that he was worried. Well he was worried, worried that Rio may be one of the few not to make it or that the litter would not be well. Also on his mind was the room that was filled with vibes of fear, pain, and immense joy. He looked to Hat mostly to make sure he wasn't going to faint on him. In honesty if Hati did faint Liam would not be able to handle it all. He took a cloth and wet it placing it on Rio's for head.

It seemed as though the small bright room was dimming slightly as the hours seemed to pass by. He did the best he could to watch Rio and Hati he was worried most about the two of them. Soon enough though he saw the shift in Rio's body and she grabbed a small towel. trying to keep Rio calm his dual eyes looked at her. Shhh.. he cooed softly. He moved to catch up the puppy who was small. He rubbed the towel slowly over the body, he was dark in color but what scared Liam was he wasn't breathing. He didn't remember what his mother did to get hati and skoll breathing. He rubbed the puppy a bit more trying to get him going. Liam took a look around the room then at Rio. Lay back love He spoke as he wrapped the puppy fully in the blanket. His voice was low as he looked to Hati saying one simple word in french Dead His first born son was dead. His heart sank a bit.

He watched Caroline run to Rio's side re wetting the towel. Its ok mama He piped trying to smile.

Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:52 pm

(300+) LOL, he’s uncomfortable with everything!!

Rio let herself fall back onto the propped up pillows behind her, and Caroline rushed over to press another damp towel on her forehead. She was going to continue to yell at Liam, but his silence told her everything. Her first pup was dead. Stillborn, so there was no suffering. Still, it was sad. Did this mean her second born would be dead? And her third born? She didn’t continue to think about all the numerical borns she might have, because with her lacking baby bump, she doubted there were more than one in there. Yet, her body continued contracting – so there must have been something else in there.

Rio’s teeth clenched and she stared up at the ceiling. Child birth hurt, but yet the outcome was so beautiful. Life was the outcome – would life always come out of pain? Rio’s body commanded her to push again – and so, she involuntarily pushed, feeling the pain just below her abdomen cramp up as something moved through her. The pain was almost unbearable and she just wanted to scream at someone. ”Aaaah! Fottiti proprio per avermi dato questo dolore!” So, she resorted to cursing Liam out in Italian, since Caroline was present. She didn’t want to curse in front of her – and teach her all those naughty words. She felt a lot better after screaming at him in Italian, though, the pain was still there. She whined as she squeezed, trying to push whatever it was that her body wanted out.

She could feel something pass through her, and she pushed with all her might at the last minute – hoping to get the next set of back legs out in one shot. The whimpers that she heard shortly after were like a blessing. She squeezed the gris-gris that laid on her chest and smiled down towards Liam. ”What is it? Is it alright?” All she needed to know was that her puppy wasn’t mutated, and whether it was a boy or a girl. The whimpers all sounded the same.

Rio was exasperated, and the pain subsided. This told her that there was nothing left inside of her. Nothing left to push out. Her abdomen looked less swollen than it did when they started, but she was still fat. She didn’t care. She wanted to see what her and Liam created. She held out her arms for Liam to give her the puppy, and she looked sidelong at Caroline, ”We did it.” Not like it was a team effort or anything. She appreciated Caroline’s attentiveness. ”You would make a good midwife someday, my dear.” She smiled over at the girl. The Court was seriously lacking in all things medical – Caroline would be a great addition to the ranks.

Sammiie
Luperci Medic
SINK BELOW THE GROUND

Dead Topics