[M] Lady of Virtue, Man of Honor

[Shiloh]

POSTED: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
Silvano Sadira
When did things get so wrong, and when did our lives change so much?

Things at home had been quiet, slow, and that left Silvano thinking. And when the King thought, he got ideas. His latest idea was taking his two year old colt out a long distance and away from home. The youngest son of theirs had shifted long before but still had hardly outgrown his childish tendencies. When compared to his older brother, there was clearly something wrong with Pascal. The boy was soft, innocent, and naive, and that confused Silvano to no end. Eugene was already almost an adult and was even ranked among them now. Yet Pascal was still considered a child, even though he was approaching 7 months. Still, there was time before it would truly become worrisome.

Silvano left the Knights in charge of protection, though sincerely doubted that anything was going to happen with the pack while he was gone. Skoll, Haven, and the rest were more than enough to help out. So, Silvano left in peace, mounted on his chestnut colt with nothing but saddle between the two of them. The saddlebags were almost empty, only a few things brought with him, like a book on flowers. His sword was attached to the saddle within reach, but he doubted that would be needed, too.

The trip was uneventful, as he thought it would be. It had been a rather long distance to travel, and he spread over the majority of the day. Having started an hour or two past dawn, he arrived the next day in the evening. He had alternated between jogging and galloping the colt. And Heritage did not much appreciate that the last couple of hours. So they walked it out, having been at it most of the night save for a scant handful of hours spent asleep.

Heritage was irritable by the time that they approached the borders of Vinatta, and Silvano was eager to get off the annoyed colt. The creature needed rest and water, and that was just not something he could provide right away. At the edge, he raised his head, calling out to familiar faces, Anu, Shiloh, anyone who knew him. Anyone.

BECAUSE HYPOCRISY IS AWESOME.

Last edited by Silvano Sadira on Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 pm

430 hurrhurr

See galleries for credit.

Vinátta was equally quiet and slow -- but safe, and Shiloh could ask for nothing more than that. She was shaken by the loss of two of the pack's males, their mates gone into mourning, but tried to look forward to the spring after the Ostara ceremony and the promise of kittens at the end of the month. It seemed that the pack's newest addition, feral and scarred as he looked, knew a thing or two about cats -- and Glasgow said that one queen he'd met had told him feline pregnancies lasted comparable to the same length as canine. It soothed Shiloh somewhat, though she was still clueless and awkward when doling out food and affection to the slowly swelling cat, as if Muddy might one day pop like a bubble and leave her wolf companion and Wilson to raise the kits by themselves.

It was a silly thought, one that Glasgow dispelled with one of his freakish-wide scarred grins, but then he loped off to his underground den hidden somewhere in the forested territory -- leaving Shiloh alone as the sun moved through the sky and pointed toward evening. Miskunn had once told Shiloh that it was a pair of wolves that chased the sun and moon, wolves destined to catch and devour them at the end of times, and it was easy enough to imagine as Shiloh wandered through the wooded trails and absentmindedly kept a nose out for anything out of place near the borders. She was oddly not tired at all, perhaps because of sleeping in late after yet another long night looking for her pregnant cat. At this rate, she was going to turn nocturnal in a few more days.

The sky deepened to soft violet when a howl breached the borders, a strong voice that had the white she-wolf's ears stirring and a premature smile slipping across her face. She sang back, breaking out into a jog with the sunrise-pink of her dress swept out behind her, and before too long the sight of the King reached her. She grinned despite herself, pausing a polite distance away and giving him a mocking curtsey before gesturing for him to cross the scent markers. I'll take you to the stables, she said, knowing the look of the colt after a few too-long rides with normally-compliant Baldr. She gave him a delighted smile and started to walk off without waiting for an answer, instead firing out a question: What brings you here, Your Majesty?

issola strikes from courtly bow
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
Luperci Mate to Silvano Freyja's Chosen
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Silvano Sadira

The returning howl put a smile on the mottled male's features, the feminine and familiar call. Silvano slipped off the tired horse's back, patting the sweaty neck lovingly. Heritage did nothing more than snort at his master, for once too tired to sass back in his equine sort of way. Everything around him smelled of Vinatta, and it was so strange to be so far from home. He had spent so much of the time there that the absence of the familiar scent of home was so stark in contrast. He blinked at the change of scenery, the less dominant scent of the ocean. Heritage stood silently, breathing and unfocused if the glazed look in his eye was anything to go by. The King patted his neck again, knowing the horse would enjoy a couple of days relaxing, even if their visit to this place was entirely unexpected and abrupt.

Their wait was brief, and Silvano saw the light figure of the Dawnbringer woman shortly after her call. His smile widened as she approached and he bobbed her a respectful bow. She called him King and he beamed in return, proud of his title and his rank after all the time. Once, he and she had been brats lost in the woods that were her namesake. Or she had been the lost brat and he had been the ever so noble kid. After all this time, and after her last visit to the Court, Silvano was still amazed that little brat of a girl was grown up now and a full woman. It was strange to think of how time changed everything, and he just shook his head in amazement, lost in his thoughts.

He blinked at her, focusing again on the moment. "Oh, please. If it's no hassle." Silvano took the reins from the saddle horn and wrapped it once around his hand. He tugged lightly and the horse followed behind the King, who in turn followed behind the light colored woman. "I thought I would visit, in general, since your last visit and that my aunt and some cousins are here. Good reason, right?" He had honestly not truly thought about Shiloh much, though he was surprised at how delighted he was at seeing her.

"How are things, my lady Shiloh?" he said, almost humorously. "Good a time as any to reconnect with that brat from back in the day, mhm?"

BECAUSE HYPOCRISY IS AWESOME.

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:07 pm

472 Feel free to PP them reaching the stables and Jindabyne taking the horse or whatever. 8D

See galleries for credit.

Silvano was as handsome as ever, his smile brightening emerald eyes under that curly mop of hair. She too was surprised at what he'd grown into, though she looked back at the old days as if they'd belonged to someone else; the spoilt girl who lived in Dahlia de Mai could not be the diplomat and guardian of Vinátta, after all. It was almost sad, to think of what she remembered and what she must have forgotten, but it seemed that this relic of her past wasn't going to fade from memory anytime soon. She smiled and waited for him to gather up his horse, her posture and overall expression a gentle blend of the polite representative and the more flirtatious and friendly woman who dearly liked this handsome-featured King.

Shiloh nodded as he began to follow her, speaking easily. The stables aren't too far, and we've got a stablehand who can make sure he's rubbed down and given food and water. She hoped that Jindabyne would not be too put off by the unexpected visitor and responsibility of another horse, though she'd foisted Baldr on the dingo man enough times to recognize that he was glad enough to be doing some sort of consistent duty for the pack. Between them and helping his twin with the sheep, he wouldn't want for more work.

The Sadira man explained that he'd decided to simply visit, naming his aunt and cousins -- and Shiloh nodded as she thought of the former Crimson Dreamers. She supposed that Oak and Cypress would be glad enough to meet with their old pack mate, though Anu likely had her hands full with getting her puppies to bed at this hour. Shiloh didn't know, but she'd do her best to make sure that Silvano got a chance to meet with the ones he wanted to. She might have selfishly wanted to spend a lot of time chatting with the good-natured Courtier, but she had enough sense and respect to recognize what was more important -- his extended family or a woman he'd met as a bratty child.

His remark made her spin quickly and pin him with a fierce stare. You won't spend much time reconnecting if you keep calling me that, she quipped, but it was clear from the more playful glint of her blue eyes that she was teasing him with her ire. She tossed her head sassily and picked up the pace slightly, though not straining it too much for the horse's sake. Things are well here. We've just had our spring festival. It was fun; we had lamb tail stew, and the puppies got to hunt eggs, though some of them were unfortunately trampled in the process. She grinned.

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Silvano Sadira

Silvano nodded as they walked, the horse following demurely behind him for once. Heritage did not fight at the bit nor stop unexpectedly to stare at the scenery to simply test the man. His head was lowered and he bobbed along, breathing slowing down but still coated in sweat. Heritage snorted now and then but was complacent. It was the best part of the long ride, to see the normally contrary stallion behaving himself all of a sudden. "I'm sure he'll appreciate being fawned after, especially if he thinks it's because of himself." Silvano felt a halfhearted tug on the reins behind him. But there was nothing else from the sorrel horse.

The woman did not turn back at him but merely nodded. He smiled at the back of her head, almost like an idiot. But as soon as he made his snide little comment, she spun back at him. Yet, he still grinned at her foolishly, knowing that the light look in her eyes implied that it was all in good fun. So he just shook his head at her stupidly, like he had no real answer to her. "Well, maybe I don't need much time?" he asked, waggling his brows a little bit. It was all a little out of character for the normally stoic and serious King of the Court, but he was completely out of his element outside of his pack. "Maybe I've already seen plenty of you over my entire life, posh thing you are." He stuck out his tongue after she had turned back around and they continued to walk along to the stable.

"That sounds like fun. Should have let me know, I woulda brought my sons and let them socialize with all their age-fellows." Eugene might have been shifted but he was still young enough to have fun with those his age. Still, the thought of a festival was stuck in his head as they resumed their walk to the stable. It had come quicker than he thought, the two of them quipping back and forth at each other. The wolf who took care of the stables took the horse from them, though he seemed almost hesitant. Silvano warned him to be polite or the horse would be the biggest ass he ever met.

Clapping his hands together, Silvano beamed at Shiloh. "Well, now what? You going to show me around or does this King have to beg?"

HAVE A REPLY MOFO

SILVANO SADIRA

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:52 pm

500 I suck. :c

Shiloh grinned back at the chestnut colt and the explanation of his temperament. She supposed it was that way with a lot of stallions; she didn't know what Baldr would have been like before he was gelded, but it likely wasn't as compliant and calm as he was now. She could understand the draw to such spirit from an animal, however -- and she couldn't see Silvano as the type to ride around a mild palfrey. She smiled a bit more wickedly and remarked, He truly does suit you, letting him interpret that how he wanted -- though in this case, Shiloh didn't think she'd fawn over anyone besides Silvano at this point in time. She had to admit she was charmed beyond anything by the man, even if it was just a daydream.

The next glance in the King's direction was with a much sharper expression, but Silvano took it all in stride and waggled his brows at her. She had to bite her tongue at his first comment about not needing much time, knowing that her mind had taken up residence in the gutter (though what else was new, lately?), and only snorted as he stuck his tongue out at her with a second little quip. I doubt it, she said back, with a haughty toss of her head that had her blonde hair spilling over milky white shoulders.

She pretended to ignore him for the rest of that time -- at least until the man mentioned sons. Her mind slowly caught up with the rest of that offhanded comment and all it might entail though, as distracted as her mind had been lately, she couldn't find the heaping disappointment she might have expected from such a revelation. It had been the same way with Harvey, but even then it was just... resignation and acceptance that another charming male had whisked by her and turned out to be taken, as if she'd act on such impulses. Here, there wasn't even a hint of that dreary little nod from the disappointed she-wolf inside her. Instead, she felt...

She smiled at the poor dingo-dog that took the horse, though the stablehand assured Silvano that he'd do the best for a king. He seemed a bit more interested in stopping to chat with the Courtier, but seemed to decide against it as he led the young stallion into the stables to be rubbed down and given a well-deserved rest. It was too late to really dilly-dally, and Silvano seemed to point this out as he grinned that handsome grin at her and questioned whether she would invite him on a tour or not.

I don't know, I'd love to hear you beg, Shiloh said, deadpan, but reached out and took his arm -- as a man might take a lady's arm on a lovely stroll through the wolves. Her own brows did a short-lived dance, though she was grinning like a child as she started to tug the man playfully along. Her speech as she started to lead him down one of the narrow paths into the heart of the territory was more serious but also light and happy. I have to say that Vinátta lays claim to the most beautiful lands out here. I came here in the autumn... all those colors everywhere, splashes of gold and scarlet against the green of the hills and pines. I can only imagine what spring will be like, once the flowers bloom.

Last edited by Shiloh Dawnbringer on Wed May 01, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Silvano Sadira

The laugh the King let off was not his usual polite one, a laugh he gave to everyone in public. It was the laugh that did not really give away how funny he truly thought something is. That laugh one had to look for the smile and glimmer in his eyes. Here, it was more readily felt in his voice. It was his private laugh, though Shiloh was not likely to know that was the case at all. There was good cause to be happy; he felt like the burdens of his duty were lifted off temporarily, and he could enjoy himself away from home as a guest of another pack's hospitality.

Silvano felt the woman's hand reaching out to his arm and he extended his elbow for her. The warmth of her flesh against his arm made his heart beat all of a sudden, unexpectedly as he pressed his arm back against his side, hand in a fist yet supportive. This was like one of those pictures that the old human books had in them, though the ladies always seemed to have great skirts with giant rumps and umbrellas. The men had hats an black clothes that he just could not pull off at all, even if he had access to it. But hopefully this was just as picturesque. The King beamed down at Shiloh, wide and a little bit toothy.

"Spring is always beautiful, no matter where you are," he commented in response to her, choosing not to confront her about the suggestion that this place was more beautiful than the Court, but he felt that they both would be the same. Yet, Vinatta felt a little more floral, more with fauna, than the Court. But the Court was on a wild sea coast, so perhaps that was why. Shiloh tugged him along and he laughed again, following after her like an obedient puppy. "I wonder who is leading this dance?" he added, a little snarky as he smiled at her back.

They passed underneath a tree, the branches low, and Silvano had to duck a bit to get under. But he suddenly slowed, stopped, and turned. He basically dragged Shiloh around with him, ignoring her as he looked up at the tree. A wicked gleam entered his eye as he let go of her, reaching up and starting to scramble up the tree. Just like old times.

HAVE A REPLY MOFO

SILVANO SADIRA

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm

The man offered his arm back to her, and Shiloh was glad for the touch even as his arm pressed closer to his side -- this action hauling her in slightly closer to him, though she had the composure not to blush or feel any more giddy than she'd been the first time they'd reunited. It was easier to feel confident and happy because she could acknowledge her attraction to the Cour des Miracles King. There was no need for her to feel ashamed; though, had she paid closer attention to his anecdotes and come to the right conclusions, there might have been some.

At the time being, the Dawnbringer woman was blissfully unaware and blissfully happy as the man grinned down at her, agreeing that spring was always beautiful. She nodded and thought of the other lands she'd crossed through from here to the Solbjorg -- flowers blooming, birds singing, plants and young animals shooting up everywhere. She was glad for the flowers, too -- a fresh one plucked every few days for her hair, though she'd try not to trespass on the gardens too much. Her vanity was not as important as sharing the beauty with the rest of Vinátta, though whether she'd have had such a view in Dahlia de Mai was questionable. For all the sparkle in her blue eyes and the cocky prance of her step, she'd grown up a lot.

She returned his laughter as he made a quip about who was leading, and shot him a challenging grin -- if he wanted to complain, he should try to lead the dance. She tossed her hair lightly. The lead guardian of Vinátta, she boasted lightly, but it was in good fun. She didn't truly consider herself the top Araedi in truth; Bran worked just as hard as she did, and he was going to accomplish more in some months than she did. Luckily, the hierarchy in the pack was not entirely strict enough to where it would make a difference. She respected her cousin for his drive, as hot-headed as he was, and would continue to do her best to prove herself worthy as a guardian -- albeit a pretty, dress-clad one.

She smoothed said dress and looked to the darkening sky as they passed beneath a tree, Silvano stooping and then slowing. She swung toward him with brows raised, but he tugged her after him as he reversed directions, and she snorted and padded quickly after him -- at least until she was free from his grip suddenly and he was scrambling up the tree. She stared after him, mouth agape slightly, but a delighted bark of laughter left her and she put her hands on her hips. One of these days you are going to be dead up in a tree, and I won't notice, she sniffed delicately, but wagged her tail as she peered up at him. Her blue eyes started to narrow, and her tail started to tick back and forth in less of a wag and more of a predatory sweep -- a huntress about to attack.

And attack she did, jumping up at the trunk and unsheathing her claws for purchase against the bark, kicking with her feet and reaching up to grasp one of the lowest branches that would support her weight -- and his. She hooked her arm around the limb and struggled to pull herself up, but the upper body strength that game from practicing with and carrying around her staff assisted her in hauling herself onto the branch without need for assistance. She swept her dress back around her legs and sat down, pushing her blonde hair out of her face and grinning as she dusted the debris of the bark from her white fur.

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

POSTED: Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Silvano Sadira

Silvano laughed at her expressions as he sat in the tree, feet swinging down underneath him, batting back and forth. Strong fingers were tight on the branch, to keep all of his heavy mass on the thick branch. He was careful to listen for telltale cracking in the branch. He was, after all, a heavy male and it was entirely likely that the wood would snap beneath him. He watched her, noting the way her body swayed as she looked up at him with that look in her eye. Though, the posture changed and the motions shifted, and he clutched at the branch tighter. The way she looked, it seemed as though she was going to pounce at him, or pull at his legs to bring him down again.

Eyes that were narrowed widened, agog as she scrambled up onto the branch, sending the tree aquiver. It was mostly their branch, since she had chosen his to join him in the tree with. His feet flailed a tad as he adjusted for the swaying and twitching, sniffling in an annoyed manner as she sat, all prim and proper beside him. Giselle never would have climbed the tree like that, nor would he have let her. She would have been sat delicately on the branch without a single air of a fighter, like a fairy tale. Maybe that was why it was sometimes hard to approach his mate in a less than proper fashion; she was too delicate, otherworldly, innocent despite their two sons.

Shiloh was pretty, but her entire presence was domineering, earthy, and strong. She may have smoothed the dress she wore, but underneath it, Shiloh was a fighting woman, someone who would have understood him in a sense. "You know, there are plenty of branches for you to have taken," he sniffed, looking at her from the corner of his eye with all the magnanimous presence of a stiff noble male. After all, was he not an alpha male? Somewhat cultured but still a male at the core. "You are you going to bring us down, with that huge head of yours," he added, smiling to weaken his insult. After all, if anyone was going to make them fall, it was going to be him, tall male and heavy.

"Hey, now you're a dead girl in the tree with the dead boy. How d'ya feel about that, principessa?" Silvano stuck out his tongue at her, like a child, knowing that this entire game they played was entirely a childish endeavor. But it was all in good fun. Until the King heard a cracking noise. ".. What was that? Did you hear that?" he asked, suddenly worried, tensing up as he heard a light crackling noise. What was that? Oh, god, please not the branch.

8D

SILVANO SADIRA

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 am

392 Look I am lame

She had to throw her head back and laugh as she scrambled up the bark, feeling wild and almost boyish like the type of child Silvano might have been to get into that childhood tree in the first place. These were not the Shiloh Hills, but they were even more her lands -- something that was obvious in her comfort, the upwards tilt of her head as she smoothed her dress and pretended to be proper just as Silv did. She doubted she was fooling anyone, but obviously false pretenses were part of this flirtatious game, complete with jabs and offended gasps such as the exchange when he called her big-headed.

If either one of us is going to bring us down, it'll be you, Sir King, Shiloh sniffed, and reached out to prod at his tummy as if insulting his weight. Her finger struck muscle rather than fat, though, and her grin grew sheepish as she withdrew and huffed. You're as dense as a rock, she yapped, and reached up to run her fingers against her scalp and luxuriously tousle her hair. She leaned back against the main trunk of the tree with that comfortable motion, legs delicately crossed at the angles rather than swinging to and fro as his feet were.

She was about to make a clever retort to him about dead wolves in trees when he suddenly barked with worry. Her nose wrinkled up as blue eyes cut at him in disbelief. Nice try, she said. You've not got me worried.

With that said, though, this time the Araedi did hear that tell-tale crack... and one that quickly started to draw out longer as the limb began to bend beneath the weight of slender warrior and muscled King. Sheer panic drove her next motions, as she flailed and attempted to leap down off the branch that she might land on her feet before falling with the rest of the wood. However, she scrabbled desperately for Silvano to pull him off with her -- and when she did land, it was with a jolt of discomfort followed by her losing her balance and landing on her back, the breath knocked from her lungs. She squeezed her eyes shut from the pain then coughed, attempting to prop herself up on her dirtied elbows as her eyes watered.

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Raze
courtliness and surprise
queen of the valkyries

Dead Topics