who the hell did i think i was?

[lena]

POSTED: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:35 pm

[--]
backdated for the 30th <33

Teme Art by Kiri!

Pain seared up his leg and the shadowy male cursed his rotten luck for the hundredth time that day. It had taken him twice as long to return from his trip north than it had to get there, although in a rather stunted way. He'd managed to make it as far as the Dampwoods on the first day of travel, where he'd been ensnared by that devils temptress. He'd been a willing victim of course and he'd taken particular joy in it, until the raging bull of a mate had interrupted their little tryst. He would have liked to have said that, had he known she'd been spoken for he wouldn't have done it, but he would certainly have been lying to himself. He wouldn't have cared very much either way, not with her smelling quite so delicious. But the gash across his leg and the bruising that accompanied the barely-escaped blow was beginning to grow hot and itchy. He'd washed it regularly, but there was a tightness about it that was sickly sweet and repulsive at the same time.

Helexia had been particularly keen to keep her distance and his travelling companion had decided that she would rather get to where she was going than hang around. Still, even with her insistence that they keep moving, it have taken five days to crawl around the belly of Nova Scotia. By the time the landscape began to get familiar, he was about read to curl up and sleep for a long time. Somewhere deep down, he'd forgotten about his last conversation with Lena and there was excitement in his veins. He had a horse to think of now however and he'd moved dog-tired towards the stables. Leaving the filly had been hard, especially when she had no idea where she was or who these strange horses were. But he needed to go home and rest, maybe get his leg seen to.

The familiar broken-down house almost bought a tear to the youths eyes and he anticipated a warm welcome. Perhaps he was being optimistic and as he approached, he was forcefully reminded of their parting conversation. Guilt rose up like gorge in his mouth and he swallowed it quickly. Pushing into the house, he gave a soft sigh as the familiar scents washed over him. Lennie? Are you home? His voice held such hope that she was here, a much smaller voice than she was perhaps used to. With a groan of tiredness and perhaps illness, he moved towards the living area, hoping to build a fire to warm his bones.

Temeraire Stormbringer
Tem is on a trip to Freetown 20th-31st May
He is in optime form with no clothes unless otherwise specified
Avatar by Alaine, Sig by Nat/Sie

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 pm

343 *smoshes the two's faces*

Despite the promise she had made to herself not to, she had started to worry about Temeraire after a couple of days since he left for the north. At first she was vaguely concerned, like if he was eating and sleeping well and that his visit was going on alright. However, after a few nights passed well past his projected date that he would return, a more serious doubt began to settle about her. Even after meeting a few new canines around the Court didn't distract her from the fact that the boy hadn't come back yet, and she considered that something bad must had happened to him. What if he was attacked? Or if he was lost?

What if he decided to stay in Vinátta? That possibility made her upset to think about, and she shoved that idea whenever it would arose. He wouldn't leave her here alone. Right? She assured herself that he wouldn't; but the idea didn't stop presenting itself in her mind.

She spent most the day inside of the home, more or less hoping Temeraire to walk in at any moment like it was any other day. She had even got excited when she heard a bird, thinking that it was him for half a second before she heard what were beating wings and not footstep flutter off. The girl was disheartened by that, and when she heard noises outside, she remained still in her room until she heard the door open. A familiar but quiet, an entirely too quiet, voice called out for her, and she was already halfway down the stairs before she knew it. Tem! and without a second thought she buried her face into back, wrapping her arms around him possessively.

It took her a moment to register that he had sounded tired when he had talked, and a second longer to notice a vague smell. What happened? she asked, her excitement vanishing and her own voice quiet as well as she scented an injury, one that didn't smell good, either. You're hurt...

what do you know, this house is falling apart

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:30 pm

[--]

Teme Art by Kiri!

His words had resonated through the house for just a few moments before the Luperci girl came hurtling towards him. Blue eyes widened for just a moment and ears were halfway to descending once more when her body hit his. A grunt of pain slipped through his clenched jaws as the contact jolted the gash down his leg, but strong arms had automatically encased her body, tendons almost straining as he gripped her tight to him. Instinctively his face dropped to bury in her shoulder and neck and he took a deep, steadying breath of her scent. It felt good to be home now with the girl wrapped in his arms and as she seemed to pull back slightly a gentle whine of protest escaped the depths of his throat.

Her question was quickly followed by the correct answer and Tem couldn't help a gentle chuckle at the female. He was unwilling to release her, but the effort of standing was beginning to show in the shake of his leg. Forcing his arms to unlock from around her slender body, he couldn't help but run his hands over her arms, taking her hand and tugging her gently to the floor. It took him longer than he thought possible to get down there, but it was a relief to take the weight off his leg and he sank down with a grateful sigh. Should Lena choose to join him, his arms would reach out to grip her once more, intending to pull the girl onto his lap.

I got into some trouble on my way back... its why I'm so late. His voice was gentle, completely unlike his usually arrogant intonations and he closed his eyes for a moment. His heart thundered in his chest, but he couldn't say whether it was because of the effort or coming home to that greeting. A smile tugged his lips and he reached up to rub his thumb along the dark girls muzzle and under her eye. I missed you He mumbled, the absolute truth in his voice obvious even to his own ears.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:43 pm

His tight grip may have hurt, but at that moment the girl felt nothing but comfort as he hugged her back. The almost painful hold was more of an assurance than he was back and there in the house, if his scent and voice did not prove that enough. She wanted to stand there for another moment, or perhaps a couple of moments, longer like that, with their arms around each other and his face nestled against her. But the wound and his obvious fatigue made the happy moment short lived, and soon the boy had eased his hold and started his slow descent towards the ground. Her own arms loosened their grip as he sat down, and she didn't not pull away when his lingering hands pulled her own to join him.

She sat where she was led, and she felt the hammering rhythm in his chest as he quietly explained what had happened. It wasn't telling much, but at that moment, Lena didn't care, simply content that he was there but more worried about that he was hurt rather than why he was. She was silent as she listened to his thudding heart, and she wondered how hurt he was, and was filled with nothing but concern and anxiety, if a bit irrationally when she didn't know how bad the wound was.

Distracted by her thoughts, when she felt his hands brushed against her face, she minutely jumped at the touch. But, she didn't flinch away as he softly rubbed against her face and told her that he had missed her. The usually loud voice spoke with weakness, but it did not hold any less truth. She sighed, her huff nearly on the edge of a breathless laugh, I missed you, too, and reached with her own hand to touch his face. But, she hesitated for half a second, and settled her paw upon his shoulder, lightly gripping it. But don't get in trouble again, you hear? You need to be more careful. She tried to be stern, but she was unable to hide the teasing and yet relieved tone.

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:13 pm

[--]

Teme Art by Kiri!

For all that he gripped onto her, her own arms were tight around his body and in that moment, the shadow prince felt secure and safe. It was perhaps an irrational response, because he didn't feel insecure when he wasn't gripped by her arms. Having left on such tense and angry terms and the subsequent near on two week absence had made this reunion bitter sweet. He had no desire to bring up the subject of their last conversation or one of the reasons for his departure. He felt it would sour it far too much. But he could feel the comfort she gave and as he sank to the floor, back propped against the wall for support, he was pleased she followed. Arranging her on his lap took more effort than he would have thought, but as she settled down he encased her once more, albeit a little looser, in his arms. As she returned the sentiment, he smiled softly, tipping his head forward to rest on her shoulders and chest.

As her rebuke came, a slow grin washed across his lips and he gave a disjointed snort that turned occasionally into a chuckle. He definitely did need to stop getting himself into trouble, but he hadn't expected to get into trouble when he'd encountered that female. Trouble follows me around, I can't help it. Was his near-sarcastic remark, but the traces of amusement in his tones took away any sting it might have created. But I guess I can try and stay away from it... Came his dramatic sigh, head still pressed against her shoulder. The claws on his fingers moved with an absent-minded motion, swirling patterns against her skin as he gathered his thoughts.

I spent the week in Vinátta... caught up with my family and the rest of the pack. Though she knew where he'd gone, he found himself telling her anyway, as maybe a precursor to what he'd learned. Grace left my Uncle Niernan and the pups... just upped and disappeared one morning. His voice was heavy and the sympathy for his Uncle was clear. There was all sorts of news from home, things that had happened a while ago that were only now coming to his attention. It made him feel worse, but he knew it was inevitable that life in Vinátta continued without his knowledge.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 pm

She could hear the smile on his voice as he snorted and laughed at her response, and she gave a slight, wry smile at that. It felt like forever since she last heard it, and to hear it now was such a strange, welcoming sound. Memories of the recent past threaten to come to mind, but she swatted them away and focused on the now. You promise? she asked, perhaps serious, though her next comment was playful as she softly patted his shoulder, Or do I have to start making sure you don't scrap your knee from tripping over a feather? She was still concerned about the wound she detected, the closer distant making it's distinction even clearer now, but she didn't want to nag Temeraire about it now, not when things were mostly okay.

She listened as he talked about his trip, the first few words obvious and not very surprising. Though, as he mentioned his uncle and his cousins, a truly crossed look came upon her face. Really? she stated rather puzzledly, and she lightly pressed a cheek against his head. I'm sorry, I'm really am... It was strange for a mother to disappear, but it wasn't less unforgivable in Lena's mind. It was ironic for her to think that, completely forgetting that, in a way, Sky had left Myrddin behind when she, Cody, and her searched for a cure for her blindness when they were only pups, and yet thought nothing of it.

What about Saul, and your siblings? Are they doing okay? She was more curious about how Temeraire fared with his father, knowing that the boy didn't have a perfect relationship with him. But she also wondered how the pups were fairing since they had left. For a moment she wondered how Cody was doing, knowing that he and Sky were in Vinátta, and she wondered if Teme had talked to them, though she reserved this particular question for later.

POSTED: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 am

[--]
omnom <3

Teme Art by Kiri!

With his head pressed against her shoulder and chest, he missed the smile on her lips. But he could feel the lightness in the air, the weight of their last encounter almost forgotten. He didn't need to see her face to know that she returned his expression and he rubbed his face softly against her shoulder in a comforting manner. Her words caused another laugh from the boy and he felt himself relax a little further. This was familiar, laughing and joking with the girl and it was soothing to know that recent events hadn't thrown their friendship apart. I promise... He chuckled, ruefully before continuing. But I don't think its feathers I have to watch out for. He offered with a snort and another shake of his head. But okay, I'll be more careful. The boy conceded before she could hit him or otherwise extract more promises from him.

Their conversation took a more melancholy tone and her tone turned almost angry. He felt her cheek rest against his head and he gave another soft sigh. They were wrapped around each other, sat on the floor of their house, but Temeraire didn't feel uncomfortable or awkward. This was natural, holding onto the girl. Her apologies were heartfelt and he glanced up between his lashes. He could only see her neck, but it gave him room to nod softly. I am too... Uncle Niernan was crushed... but he seems to be doing okay now. He spoke calmly, but it was clear that his families pain affected him greatly. He knew there was nothing he could do, but it hurt to know that he hadn't been there for Niernan.

Lena spoke again and Temeraire felt his mood lift gently. There was still more bad news to tell, but he knew it would seriously affect Lena when he told her. So he focused on her question first and nodded once more. They're doing well... growing up so fast. Little Fiora has already shifted and I don't think the rest of them are far behind. He offered, his tone a little lighter than before. Dad's doing alright; he said things weren't so great with Lilin at the moment, but I don't think its serious. He knew he couldn't postpone the bad news any longer and he heaved a breath. There was some terrible news while I was there. Alessandra's mate, Reykr, was killed by a bear... And... well, I'm sorry Lena. But Jiva... well he's gone. It was a surprise that Tem could remember Lena's affiliation with Palaydrian and Jiva. Drin and the boys are healthy. He tried to reassure her, but his arms squeezed tighter; he knew it would be a big blow for the girl.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 pm

410 eee

Good, she concluded with a nod, satisfied with his response. It would be childish to expect him to stay out of danger forever just because of a few words, but nevertheless it gave the girl some form of comfort to know at least he would try. The light back and forth darkend, and Lena listened as the other stated that his uncle was fine. She faintly wondered if Temeraire wished he had stayed in Vinátta instead of the two of them running off, if he felt guilty about something that was out of his control. She knew she would, imagining herself in his place, but if he felt that way, he didn't show it, and in it a way, that was good. It showed a mark of maturity that he didn't blame himself what could've been inevitable, but it clearly and certainly didn't hurt any less.

It felt better to talk about his younger family, happier than the talk about his uncle, and she focused more on that. That's good. And I'm sure Lilin and Saul will work it out. Things worked out, or at least the girl strongly believed. She expected the news about his uncle was the only bad thing that had happened during their absence, but as she felt his chest heave and his sigh brush over her, she knew then that it wasn't the end of it. He said that Reykr died, and she breathed out quietly, feeling her throat clench a little. And. She became apprehensive, and yet she listened intently. When he said that Jiva was gone and he squeezed her tightly, she was confused, stunned.

Gone? But he would never leave Drin, that absolutely made no sense. She was slow as she pieced it together, and she didn't hear the remark about her friend' and sons' wellbeing. Jiva wouldn't be gone like Grace. Unless he was gone. As in...

She didn't say a word, but she suddenly pressed herself against the boy, her arms woven tightly around him. Her chest felt crushed, and she heaved to get air into her. This wasn't right -- Jiva, one of the kindest wolves she knew, who helped many in New Dawn and had helped her come to Vinátta, just gone. It wasn't fair. He had a family. That thought struck her heart and it harder to breath, and all she could do was sob and hold onto Teme and what comfort he could provide.

POSTED: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 pm

[--]
poor babbyyy

Teme Art by Kiri!

He smiled gently through her reassurances about his father and step-mother. It was no secret that the male wasn't close with his fathers mate and they hadn't formed any kind of bond when they'd lived together. Temeraire had to admit to having been a little selfish; when he was younger he hadn't wanted to share his father with the woman and the childish part of him had never really accepted that this wasn't possible. Even so, he wanted to his father to remain happy and if that was with Lilin then he would accept it. Thank you. He mumbled softly before it was his turn to break the bad news. He had no wish to upset his best friend any more, but it wasn't something he could keep from her. He knew she'd cared for Jiva and as she stiffened in his arms he remained quiet and still.

She didn't say a word, but she pressed herself closer, arms curled around him. Wrapped up in the girl, it was difficult to tell where one ended and the other started, their shadowy fur blended together so thoroughly that they were indistinguishable. Her body began to shake with sobs and the male had no idea what to say to comfort her. The news he had that might have cheered her up seemed too much of a distraction. Shhh, it's okay... Well its not, but it will be. He murmured, completely at a loss with how to comfort her. Despite the fatigue in his body, he began to rock her gently back and forward, one of his hands running firmly against the fur on the outside of her thigh. I'm sorry I had to tell you... But Drin and the boys have the pack around them and Less to talk to about it. He tried to comfort her once more, but logically he knew that this was grief for her friend and it could last a while.

I saw your mum as well... He coaxed, trying to pull her back together again. A small smile turned his lips up and he rubbed her leg once more. You have another brother; Samual Dean is his name. He knew this news would probably railroad her just as much as Jiva's death had, but maybe it was simpler to get it out in the open, reveal everything he'd learnt and let the chips fall where they may.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 pm

-- I am poop. (´∩`。)

While her body still shook and the soft cries and whimpers continued to emit from her, she clung to whatever -- the rush of blood in her ears, the thudding of Teme's heart, the rumble of his chest as he murmured words that sounded somewhat distant from her. It helped, allowing herself to find comfort within anything and everything, some things distractions and others truly alleviating like his hand rubbing her fur, an almost therapeutic action that was beginning to lull her slowly back to calm. He apologized, but she shook her head, now forcing to pull some of herself together. N-no... Thanks for telling me. It was better to hear it from him than to find it out later. And it was also reassuring to be reminded that Drin and the boys weren't alone.

Lena perked up as her mother was mentioned, and for a small moment, dread filled her. But, Temeraire did not sound foreboding, and another rub against her leg helped her relax. However, it did not fully prepare her for the news that he was going to give. A new brother? Had she heard right? Again she was stunned, and her thinking process was slow as she attempted to piece what few, simple words the boy had given her to create the picture.

Samual Dean? she repeated, not quite asking to make sure she had the name correct. Did you... see him? What does he look like? How is he? Was he small, and was he fluffy with warm fur? Did he have sharp teeth that he liked to nip others with? I... wow.

Dead Topics