Infinite arms.

p: Anu & Andira | borders

POSTED: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Claudius is in his optime form. He's accompanied by Tiva Ajila, who has a horse that's pulling a cart. It's the early afternoon.
Since disposing of the threat of Liam, Claudius felt confident that it was a good time to finally visit his mother and her mate in her northern pack. The last time they had met, she had seemed happy and full of hope for the life ahead of her. Claudius hoped that she was still doing well and that all her aspirations for the new pack, Vinátta, had come true.

The journey from AniWaya had taken days, but they made good time. Claudius was interested in reaching Vinátta as quickly as possible and then taking his time on their way back to the tribe. They had brought goods: both gifts and items for trade. Although Claudius would have liked to gift her with a sheep, he didn't think that it would survive the long journey. Neither he nor Tiva were too skilled around animals, though, Tiva was quickly proving she was capable of many talents.

Once they finally neared the borders, Claudius realized how nervous he was. He hadn't seen his mother in months and he still hadn't met her mate. Mustering up his courage, Claudius took one final breath before he sent out a howl summoning his mother and her family. He couldn't wait to meet them. He shot a nervous grin at Tiva, hoping that all would go well.
Last edited by Claudius Aston on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 am

Andira Coeur! Do not go too far ahead! was the last she heard as she ran through the underbrush. There were few trees and and shrubs that had gained their leaves, many still only budding. Andi had noticed the differences between the green and the plain branched trees when she was just a young pup, being a child of winter. Her mother Anu knew many things about them and what their differences were. It was hard to always listen, to always absorb the reasons and the facts. She was content in knowing that soon there would be blossoms and flowers sprouting, that the canopy would be lush and emerald in only a small time.

The thickets were hard and harsh against her pale pelt, but it did not slow her down. The girl was growing quickly, as were her siblings. Auggie and Val were certainly larger then she was, and it was likely that she would always be smaller then the two boys. Andi did not enjoy that disadvantage, not at all. She portrayed a fearless persona because of it. No one would say she could not do something. Her mother's warnings only lingered in the back of her mind because her mothers always seemed to be right. No matter what she thought about the situation.

Pulling herself through a particularly thick bush, the kind with the pointy claws, she began to slow slightly. Something was on the wind, a voice that she did not know. Other's had called before, the Virding that she was 'always supposed to listen to' as Mothers said. This one was not from the center of the pack lands, and though it sent the fur along her back standing strait up she made her way towards it.

Mother was near, the scent lingering somewhere behind her, but Andi was still far enough ahead to meet the two travelers alone. This h'is Vinátta. She spoke, slowly so that the words came out correctly as she looked at the two much taller wolves in their faces. Strangers were dangerous, and so they could not come into the packlands without first being questioned. Yet she waited to see what they had to say for themselves, the questions still brewing inside her brain.

Vinátta
Araedi (NPC)
Alli
Luperci
HER BOW IS DRAWN
TO WORLDS OF DARK

POSTED: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Even though Claudius had summoned his mother, he was surprised to find that the one to greet him was a puppy. She was young, small, and had a mottled pelt of tan colours, which highlighted her vivid blue eyes. Claudius and his uncle Barthélémy, his mother had told him, were similar in that they had smatterings of colour that, when combined, looked like spots. Claudius had always wondered if the Aston family had dog heritage somewhere; whereas, this girl most clearly did.

It was not only her coat that reminded him of his family, but her scent, too. Mingled in it was the scent of his mother and another recognizable smell. He noticed it immediately and he felt the fur on the back of his neck stand on edge. That was the scent of AniWaya's prisoner. He took a deep breath and tried to steady himself. He didn't want to alarm the puppy (Tayui's child? Anu's?)

She informed him that he was in Vinátta and he nodded. He took another breath.

"Yuh-yes," he replied, "thuh-that's wuh-what I wa-a-as huh-hoping," he explained, smiling. "I wuh-was luh-looking fuh-for my m-mother, T-tayui A-aston. I a-a-am C-c-claudius Aston," he added.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:32 am

Andira examined the tall gray male closely, trying to unmask any false intention that may be lingering beneath the surface. She looked to the woman as well, distrusting of strangers in her young age. She had been warned that outsiders had the potential to be dangerous, and that caution needed to be taken. It did not mean that it would cause the merle girl to be shy, or wish to run away and avoid the situation. It only meant that she needed to understand why they had come to her home land.

When he spoke it was like the spattering of rain, the syllables coming separately and making it hard for the young girl to understand. She turned her head to the side, looking at him with one eye suspiciously. His mother was also one of her mothers. My mum's name is Tayui Aston, too. That was quite the coincidence. She gathered from his difficult speech. For another older wolf his stutter would be noticed but easily ignored if they had any grace and understanding. Unfortunately Andira lacked that maturity. You heed practice wid'th your words. She explained, not looking to insult him at the least (she was not unkind but rather just matter of fact with truths).

Vinátta
Araedi (NPC)
Alli
Luperci
HER BOW IS DRAWN
TO WORLDS OF DARK

POSTED: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 am

Tayui was her mother? Claudius really hadn’t been expecting that. Though, as he examined her more closely, he noticed that they shared similarly-hued blue eyes and that the spot-like markings on their coats were likely for different reasons. Whereas Claudius suspected that on his fur, it was a fluke, she looked almost… doggish. He wondered who in the world could have been the father. Tayui had said she’d left for Vinátta with her mate and her mate’s son—female. So they must have done something to… no, Claudius didn’t want to think about that. It was his mother! Gross! He would just leave it at that: this little girl was related to him in some fashion; that was all he really needed to know.

Claudius flinched when she said he had to practice speaking, but then decided to shrug; she was young and didn’t know the weight her words carried or the reason behind his speech patterns. An explanation would help her more than him (or so he hoped).

“Thuh-then yuh-you a-are muh-my ha-alf suh-sister,” he replied, stalling for time as he tried to consider how to explain himself. “I suh-speak this wuh-way—because I a-always huh-have. I nuh-know huh-how to speak, but… it’s… duh-difficult fuh-for muh-me,” he explained. It was just the way he was; there wasn’t any point worrying over the how’s and why’s.

POSTED: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 am

innn commmming Anu!

Tore bay gaze looked upon the gathering at the Vinátta borders. Her body paused as she stood in shock. She could clearly see the small but growing figure of her first-born daughter standing before the gray and tan male, conversing as if there was no danger at all. How can you be a halfs brother? Anu heard the girl speak, her speech was getting clearer by the day. But that was not was alarming the mother. This male was the one she had seen while in the AniWayan prison. He had come to her, attempting to console her. Anu had called him a coward and blamed him for her pain and that of Crimson Dreams. She returned to her hurried pace, eating the space that still lay between she and the trespassers and her daughter quickly.

Andi, come to me dear! The mother called, and for once the pup seemed to listen. The alarm in her voice sending the cub into a slightly visible distress, ears fell as she trotted to her mother, chiming that this was her half brother as if it would console the mother wolf. The lithe wolfess stood before the pair, the scent of AniWaya causing her fur to bristle. It had been years since the conflict between her old pack and the tribe but her body had not forgotten what the heart had tried to forgive. And then this wolf, whom she had not seen since her imprisonment was standing on the edge of her sanctuary... It took all the Anu possessed not to bare her teeth at him.

Instead she looked away from him to the female that accompanied him. What is your business here? She asked, wondering that the nonsense about half siblings was about and what sort of stutterings he had been filling Andira with.

Anu
Vinátta
Eljun (NPC)
Alli
Luperci Mate to Tayui Someone loves you! a fair golden Sun brought life to my soul
The sun is but...
a morning star.

ashes and wine
burn out brighter

POSTED: Wed May 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Claudius had been about to explain what a half brother was—how they had one mother, but not both—but the scent of another wolf hit him like a rock and he froze in place. Sure enough, within moments, another wolf appeared and called the girl back. Claudius recognized her from when she had been taken prisoner, but he had never gotten her name. No one had bothered learning it and she had refused to give it.

Claudius clenched his fists and felt his claws dig in to his flesh. He couldn’t move. He still had nightmares about the war. This was only serving to drag up old memories.

When she demanded his business, Claudius felt his hands shake as he forced himself to uncurl him, but he couldn’t speak.

“I… I…” he tried, but couldn’t even stammer out an explanation. He reached up with his right hand to massage his left wrist and the rope marks that had since healed. His fur had never completely grown back though.

Taking a deep breath, he tried again: “I-I’m huh-here to vuh-visit muh-my muh-mother a-and tuh-trade,” he stammered, wincing at how horribly it came out. He wished he could just curl up in a ball and hide in shame.

POSTED: Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am

Eyes moved back to the male when she heard nothing after her question. He was uncomfortable, as he should be, standing in the silver woman's presence. Anu could not remember him any differently, he had always been visibly weak. That was how she remembered him when she was his pack's prisoner. The memories had only faded, never leaving her completely. They were of desperate and fearful times. Anu had truly thought that she would die before her pack could save her. Remembering the trauma caused the woman's chest to tighten, and her body go stiff with tension. The AniWayan did not look much different then she felt. He certainly had not forgotten either.

He tried to speak, but Anu remembered (much like it had happened just a day ago) that he would stutter. Listening to the symbols were not as painful as it had been, but she did raise a hand to her neck. Lightly she touched the scar that hid beneath the fur there. No there was no rope pressing against her windpipe. Your mother? She asked once he got the words out. Who in the pack could be his mother? Anu knew her packmates, at least by call-name and faces and they were mainly young parents. Momma Tayui is his mum too. She heard from her side, Andira sitting at her feet, blue eyes looking up to her with a face that was so matter-of-fact that for a split second Anu second guessed why she hadn't know this all along.

Her lips sealed shut as she turned back to the male, waiting... no... needing him to confirm what the youth had just spoken.

Anu
Vinátta
Eljun (NPC)
Alli
Luperci Mate to Tayui Someone loves you! a fair golden Sun brought life to my soul
The sun is but...
a morning star.

ashes and wine
burn out brighter

POSTED: Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Claudius had always worried about his outward appearance and as a result, had a very fragile ego. He could feel her eyes on her, assessing him, deeming him unworthy. He knew that she still thought he was a miserable, stupid, horrible creature for what AniWaya had done to her—she had to think that—and Claudius didn’t blame her. All he could do was grab hold of his guilt and sink deeper into his little clichéd pit of despair.

Anu seemed surprised to hear that Tayui was his mother. He was surprised too, to find out that this was the Anu—the same one who had caused his mother to leave the neutral lands (and AniWaya) and move all this way. He wasn’t bitter about Tayui’s new family, but he felt some kind of mix of anger and sadness that she had found happiness with Anu, of all possible wolves.

But Anu wasn’t just surprised. Her daughter—Andi?—prompted a reaction that made Claudius want to shrivel up and hide. She had that same cold, disapproving expression that Tayui could get sometimes.

Claudius didn’t know what to do. She seemed to want something from him, but he couldn’t tell what. He fidgeted, glancing down at his hands and fiddling with his fingers.

“I—” he tried, glancing up only after the fact, “I—yes, s-s-s-she i-i-is muh-my muh-mother,” he said. “I wuh-was buh-born… in… A-a-a-ani-wuh-Waya,” he added, as if that clarified anything.

POSTED: Wed May 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Posttraumatic stress had caused Anu to loose many things, and it had no doubt been part of her decision to let Crimson Dreams go. The stress caused from her imprisonment did not leave her like it might others, visions and dreams were always coming to her despite her efforts.

And then there was this… Anu took a breath, trying to steady her body and not allowing her mind to corrupt the rest of her. Thankfully she did not shut down; loosing her ability to think beyond the past and beyond the memories. Andira moved to touch her leg, sitting beside her and grounding her unknowingly.

Andira was safe beside her, Anu was safe. They were all safe.

He assured her of what her daughter had spoken was correct, and Anu looked at him and saw that there were features that reminded her of her mate. Yes, though they were minor she could tell in his shape and scent. This was Tayui’s son.

Anu nodded, showing she accepted what he spoke. Anu did not mean to seem hostile and angry, yet he shrunk away and obviously felt her stress. They were passed the memories and beyond the war. This was Tayui’s son and she trusted her mate. Anu had to allow him to enter Vinátta, didn’t she?

Then you are welcomed here. She spoke, the words dragging along her tongue painfully. I am Anu. The introduction was long over due, but that was all that she could give to the male at the moment, her brain not yet capable of moving forward with much more.

Anu
Vinátta
Eljun (NPC)
Alli
The sun is but...
a morning star.

ashes and wine
burn out brighter

Dead Topics