this land is a fairy tale

[silvano]

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm

WC: 330, OOC: Original Thread also, excuse the Pas-butt... he's stupid!

As Mama wasn't here, Papa was the next best thing to the young male and the second person he would run to in a crisis. And this was most definitely a crisis. The goop stuck to his tongue and he thought he felt it sticking his jaw together. What if he ended up being unable to talk? Or eat? Or do anything because it stuck his teeth together? Fear really coursed through the boy for a moment as he ran to find his father. By the time he found his father, his bi-coloured eyes were wide and his breath came out in sharp pants. As Pascal expected, his father was calm and crouched down in front of him for a moment, studying the offered tongue. He would know what to do, Pas just knew it.

His fathers words, however, did not sit well with the boy. His tongue could fall off? He was unable to contain the wail of terror that came from him. His father had named the disease and seemed to know what to do about it, but in the boys mind, all he could thing of was medicine or his tongue might fall off. What would he do without a tongue? How would he eat? Dark brown ears swivelled back and forth as his father suggested they got and get it fixed. Of course, by this time, fat tears were rolling down the boys cheeks and he couldn't help another wail as he tottered forward, tongue still stuck out at an odd angle.

"I... dun... waanggga .... hab ma tonge fall offfff!" He managed to eventually get out through hiccuping cries of fear. He needed his tongue, he just knew it. His little body shook in his fathers arms, though he felt comfortable in these arms, compared to the paralysing terror he'd felt in Terra's arms. His father rushed him outside and the boy began to look around frantically for whatever medicine his father could give him.

Last edited by Silvano Sadira on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: i'm totally only just fixing your table (sorry for the post ninjaediting!)
Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:03 pm

I am a terrible terrible person Honey and I promise this is not going to take me another 10 days to reply to

To see his son cry was wrenching his heart, especially since his other son might have reacted a little differently. Well, so he hoped. But young as the boy before him was, Silvano had not expected him to start his crocodile tears at the fear that his tongue would fall off. Almost panicking at the fear that he had clearly caused, the man wondered why his son overreacted. His voice had not been fully grave, but mostly comically and clearly facetious. Perhaps he had missed the little notes of falsehood. Yes, that had to be it.

"Don't worry, you're going to be perfectly fine," he said in a reassuring voice, the pretense of play gone due to his son's panicking. It worried him a little that the boy reacted this way. Maybe he'd outgrow it. Pups were not expected to be intelligent after all, since they were only starting to learn the ways of the world. "I think I might have even had the same thing you did as a pup, but I had been playing in a dusty old mattress." It was hard to imagine himself as a child anymore, since he was so large and had been so tall for so long already. Hopefully, though, his comment would reassure the boy and not give him any ideas about playing in dusty, old mattresses. So he carried his crying son to the water bucket outside, filled with clean, fresh rainwater.

Holding his son by the belly carefully, he held him over the water barrel. "Take a good long drink. It should fix you right up," he said softly, encouraging his son to wash the dust and dirt off his tongue. It would do him no harm and he would be the better for the drink.

Photo credit to cone_dmn at Flickr.
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

WC: 330, OOC: <33

His father was quick to reassure him and the prince was inclined to believe his parents. Despite this, there was still the very real fear thrumming beneath the surface as he tried to keep calm. His father wouldn't allow harm to come to him- he knew this as readily as he knew his own name. Still, he was glad his father did not walk slowly as they made their way down the stairs in the hotel. His body still shook and panted breaths that seemed to be a common occurrence for the boy as he tried not to panic. It was going to be fixed, and it would be fixed soon. Chocolate brushed ears flickered back as his father admitting to contracting the same disease when he was younger, from a mattress. For a moment, the boy paused and looked up. His Papa had a tongue, didn't he?

"Weally?" He breathed, hope in his voice. He wasn't going to die- his Papa had caught this disease and he still had a tongue. And whatever mattresses were, the boy would be steering well clear. What would happen if he ran into one and it gave him the disease again? What if Papa wasn't around? With his tongue still stuck out of his mouth, and producing a fair amount of saliva in the process, the boy looked particularly silly in his fathers arms. In just moments, they were outside and he was being dangled over a bucket.

His father instructed him to drink and without further complaint, he began to lap at the water. Large paws splayed against the air and he wriggled in his fathers arms to get closer to the medicine that would save him. He drank until his little belly was sloshy with it and he could no longer feel the disease on his tongue. Not that he could in the first place, but he definitely couldn't feel it now. Twisting around to look back up at his dad, he stuck his tongue out once more. "I'ssit gone?" He asked, little tail wagging in anticipation.

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 pm

well i'm just a liar x__x took more than 10 days, I am seriously.. like terrible lmfao. you should poke me to post! means I'll probably post sooner XD;

Silvano made a great show of examining the boys tongue, carefully evaluating him. He pondered a moment and then smiled broadly at his son, hoping to amend whatever it was that had caused him to scare himself. "I think you're all better, and probably not feeling thirsty anymore, are you?" he asked his son, setting the boy down beside the rain barrel. The grass was getting yellower as the winter was coming and Silvano had to make sure his sons were going to be safe for the winter; so many young ones died in the winter if their parents were not careful of their health and watched them. He was sure they would be okay but he would have to see about continuing the scarf tradition his mother had started; she had made the three siblings in his litter a scarf and he still had his blue and white one laying around upstairs, waiting for the cold to really start. Giselle would need to be consulted; he had no skill with knitting or however else Savina had made the scarves.

Sitting down his tall, heavy form, the man leaned over to peer at his son with a grin. "Now that you're all better, what would you like to do, Pascal?" Silvano wanted to spend some time with his youngest son, since so much of his time was focused on the pack or on starting to educate Eugene. His youngest deserved some well spent time with his father, after all. Kansas had been the guiding force in his life with Heritage, even if Savina had been his rock and his inspiration from a young age. He had loved both parents and regretted not spending as much time with his father as he would have liked before the majority of his family took off for Italian mountains. "Maybe go find something interesting?"

Photo credit to cone_dmn at Flickr.
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

Dead Topics