you're not as brave as you were at the start

attn; Claudi~

POSTED: Wed May 01, 2013 4:16 am

Desired Profession Path: Huntin'

NPC's: *Shakes head* Nope

I AM HUMAN AND I NEED TO BE LOVED

OCC

The scent of liquor still soaked his breath, not that he was an alcoholic now. Far from it. But without a horse and while still riddled with flush pink scars, the alcohol was very, very useful for helping him to swallow the pain. Still, his movement wasn't hampered in any way by the cross hatching war wounds, so he had to be thankful for that. And he would be, as soon as he had somewhere warm and soft to rest. He wasn't tired, perhaps weary was a more apt description of the feels he was feeling. He was unclean, having worn the cargo pants and black hoody to death over the last week. Under that there was no improvement, as there were many beads of sweat hidden between pale fur. Attila was undernourished, but still in fair shape. He'd hitched rides where he could, but the majority of the journey was made on foot. His hair hadn't been cut for months either. And now he looked like a heroin addict. Not that he cared, it was a comfortable, if slightly annoying, look. Reaching the borders, it was nearly night fall, and he let out a croaking howl for someone.

It didn't have a name to it, because he'd feel stupid if he called out for his brother. And it turned out that he too have drifted away from the tribal lands. He didn't know where else he'd go. Vinatta? Perhaps. But would he really want his mother to see him like this? No. Anathema? Perhaps, but did he really want to return there, and risk falling deeper into his pit? No. Not at all. He coughed dust from his weary lungs and waited patiently.

Table by the Mentors!

Attila Aston
There are wounds that never show on the body
that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 pm

As with any son or brother, Claudius recognized the howl immediately. He was quick to head to the borders. Again, he was thankful that his home was close enough to the westen borders, where he tended to find most of the joiners and newcomers looking to trade.

When he arrived, he wondered for a moment whether he had heard correctly. The Attila that stood before him was not the same brother he remembered parting with almost a year (or was it two?) ago. He was scarred, ragged, and overall beaten to a pulp. Claudius wanted to cry.

“A-attila!” he shouted, still shocked. “C-come wuh-with muh-me, you need to ruh-rest,” he said, drawing closer and holding out his arms so that Attila could take his hands or take a hug—whatever he needed. Right now, Claudius needed to know that his brother was safe and well. He couldn’t stand the thought that Attila, his stronger, ever more capable brother, was hurting.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Thu May 02, 2013 10:51 am

omg this post sucks so hard

As Claudius let out a shocked cry, Attila let out an inappropriately cheery one. 'Claudy!' he raised his hands aloft, instead of a hug, or a handhold, a leant on his brother's shoulder and used him as an ersatz crutch. 'You're right I do...' he scoffed casually, taking another sip of his drink, which was now dwindling low. With a sigh, he inhaled the familiar scents. His brother, AniWaya, home. Though there was a new scent on his brother. A woman's. 'Claudy... You got yourself a woman didn't you?' the white male laughed, 'Doing better than me now, eh?' He smiled, but it was full of hidden jealousy, pain and what felt like a punch in the face. Hobbling inwards, he spoke on, 'Big leader man, mated, pfft. And then there's me, drunk and injured. And tired. I walk all the way here? Did I tell you that?' Attila was chatty, but it was out of shock and half drunkenness.

There was silence, filled with Attila's angst. The man spoke again, but he was less excited, more sober in his speech. 'What else have I missed? You're not gonna tell me that this isn't AniWaya any more and it's been taken over by evil...' he shrugged, 'Jackals!' Jackals were bad weren't they? They were kinda like coyotes... Hadn't the guy who'd turfed him out of Freetown been... Jackalish? Like Attila knew, species never bothered him. If you were a dick, you were a dick.

Table by the Mentors!

Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 am

That is a-okay because Claudius sucks at conversations :D SOULMATES???
Claudius flinched at his brother’s reply. Why was he so happy? He looked like he had suffered so much just to get here. He tried not to slink away when Attila grabbed hold of his shoulder, but he did try to smack the drink out of his hand when Attila took another swig. He didn’t like knowing that his brother was both in pain and drunk upon his return to his home.

Attila was talking too much and jumping from too many topics to other topics, so he couldn’t even reply when he pointed out his mate (Claudius froze at the mention of Saqui) or Attila’s odd comment that followed. Claudius shifted uncomfortably and hesitantly tried to support his brother better by raising his one arm to hold him at the waist.

“Nuh-no, i-it’s suh-still Ani-wuh-Waya,” Claudius said, finally finding something to which he could respond. He would have to find a way to bring up everything else Attila had said another time when he wasn’t plastered. Claudius likely wouldn’t, though; that conversation would be far too uncomfortable, especially since he and Attila were only starting to see eye to eye.

“Cuh-come wuh-with muh-me. I cuh-can fuh-fill… yuh-you… in… okay?” he tried.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2013 12:25 pm

OCC

Even in his less than prime state, Attila weighed more than Claudius. There wasn't so much of a height difference, but Attila was stockier. Still, this didn't make him ease up on his leaning post. 'Ah. That's good then, I suppose'. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had much reason to stick around. Although he loved Claudius dearly, he wasn't really a true reason to stick around. The stuttering male obviously had more important things to deal with than his drunk and injured brother. But all the same, he nodded along and followed the shorter male back to his den. He remained silent for a while, but then figured that Claudius would question him on what happened sooner or later. Or would he? He'd lost track of everyone's habits. Even so...

'I ran away. From the fight that Mom caused with Salsola, some pack up north' It was always easier to blame someone else, after all. 'I went to Freetown, 'cause I was pretty fucked. Mentally and physically. They patched me up and stuff, but then they made me make it up by working'. He sighed, 'I didn't a shit job so they turfed me out. So I walked back up here...' Attila's words trailed off with a shrug, what else was he supposed to say? He'd screwed up.

Table by the Mentors!

Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Claudius staggered under his brother's weight and it took him a few steps before he found his balance. Drunk, Attila felt even more difficult to manage than when he was sober and just plain old insufferable. Now, though, he'd take insufferable over drunk, ornery, and self-deprecating. It didn't feel like his brother. The last time they'd met, Attila had tried to push Claudius to do what he'd wanted until Claudius had to explain why he had to forge his own path. Now though, Claudius wished he'd done something (anything) differently.

The walk back to Claudius' hut passed by slowly. Normally, it didn't take him this long, but he had to avoid every root and stray tree branch lest it cause his brother to fall. Claudius could barely support him when he was mobile, so he didn't think he'd be able to lift Attila off the ground.

Once they neared the village and his hut, Attila began to explain. Claudius was quiet and reflective as Attila explained what had happened. None of it sounded real. How could Attila have done any of that? He was strong, confident, and self-aware. He could do anything.

"I--" Claudius started, but then stopped. What was he supposed to say? It sucked. "I... I'm juh-just guh-glad yuh-you muh-made it home." He smiled at that since he was genuinely happy about it. He had missed his brother and his mother, so he was glad that a small piece of his family had returned.

POSTED: Fri May 10, 2013 2:51 pm

OOC text goes here!

'Yeah' Attila murmured, 'Yeah, I'm glad I did too...' There was little more to say on the matter. Although it had been a minute or so, he was beginning to miss his bottle. Though he would've lamented more if it'd be fuller than it was. A mouthful or so was nothing to be verbal over. He couldn't feel the pain in his muscles yet, it'd been drowned out some few hours ago by the alcohol. Tiredness too it's place, and now he didn't even want to sit and have his wounds treated. Some were fully healed, but some had reopened slightly. The deep one near his neck had only had a thin layer of skin covering in. And that'd been opened up again too. He didn't want to sit and be fussed over. Perhaps if it were some pretty girls cooing over his war wounds, he would've been more open to the attention, but because it was Claudius, his tender brother, he wasn't so happy about it.

'I don't wanna bother you too much...' Attila said, 'I'll just rest for a night, not even that, and then I'll find someone where to live'. His words were earnest, he didn't want to put his brother out. Well, out that much. He wouldn't feel comfortable having his brother tending to him like a parent. 'Mum still up north?' he asked. Maybe he'd visit when he was better.

Images by Aland Berning and Mr. John
Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Fri May 17, 2013 1:11 pm

No matter what Attila did, Claudius would always forgive him. Maybe it was because Attila had bullied him in his youth or because they had since reconciled, but Claudius knew that he could not hold a grudge against his brother. The real reason, though he would be loathe to admit it, was that no matter how flawed his brother was, Claudius recognized how hard he tried and still admired him. Claudius, too, was flawed; more so than Attila, because for all Attila’s faults, he could still function whereas Claudius was sometimes rendered incapable in a fit of frustration.

No matter how spectacularly Attila had failed, Claudius would always look up to him.

At first, Claudius said nothing in response. He nodded, but remained silent, for there was little to say. But after, Claudius balked; he couldn’t just send Attila off on his way, especially since so many of the other huts still needed repairs.

“Nuh-no, yuh-you wuh-will suh-stay wuh-with me u-until we can… find… you a nuh-new hut. Mine i-is suh-spacious enough and Suh-saqui will nuh-not mind. Suh-she understands… the importance of family,” he explained. At Attila’s question about Tayui, he nodded once, believing it more important to address later. For now, he needed to get Attila into his hut. They were much closer now and Claudius could see it. It wouldn’t be long before they arrived and even now, a few hundred metres away, Attila would be able to tell by the scent which hut was Claudius’.

POSTED: Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 am

two broken pieces make a whole

He was not a role model. He wasn't anything to look up to, especially now. He was broken and burnt out. So too was Claudius. But Claudius had always been a little off. He'd never been what Attila classified as normal, he was always weird. Attila had been perfect, strong, smart. The 'Alpha male'. And now he was just as flawed as Claudius. But where it was expected and accepted for Claudius, it wasn't for Attila. He'd lost his footing on his pedestal. Pale blue eyes flicked downwards, 'No, I can't intrude...' he tried to reason, but fell silent, pursed his lips and nodded. He couldn't speak against what Claudius said about Saqui, he didn't know her. He'd never even heard the name before now.

He hobbled along to Claudius's hut, attempting to walk more confidently by himself instead of leaning too much on his lither brother.

d'aww Attila and his self pity <3 'it's alright for Claudi, he was always a retard...'

Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Mon May 20, 2013 11:31 am

Claudius had always known that his brother was stubborn, and in his youth, it had been just as annoying as it was now; but he was in charge now and he didn't appreciate his brother balking. Saqui had lost her mother to the AniWayan war and her family still resided in the Great Tribe. Claudius knew that she must miss them and she also knew how much he missed his brother and sister. Although she was not in the hut at the moment, Claudius would find her and explain the situation as soon as possible. While he would rather not make such important decisions without her, he knew that if he did not fight for Attila to stay with them now, Attila would leave and dig himself into an even worse ditch.

"Puh-please, duh-don't buh-be suh-stupid. I-if yuh-you i-insist, I-I'll huh-howl fuh-for Suh-Saqui and yuh-you wuh-will huh-hear her t-t-too guh-give huh-her puh-permission. Muh-many of the huh-huts wuh-were... damaged a-and the dens wuh-were flooded... i-in... the storm, so... yuh-you wuh-will suh-stay. Puh-please, stay." It was less an order than a request, but Attila owed it to him to let Claudius take care of him. Most of all, Attila owed it to himself to get better. If Claudius had found ways to heal, certainly anyone could.

Dead Topics